Scream and be Free (Zac Hanso...

Par oddsnendsfanfics

Brielle Simmons-Hanson loves her life. She loves her husband, his children, and she loves that they've become... Plus

Scream and be Free (Zac Hanson)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four

Chapter Thirty Six

229 4 2
Par oddsnendsfanfics

I'm not feeling this, but here is it

-----------------

The Hanson family home was filled with noise, laughter, and general chaos when Zac stepped through the front door. Reminding Junia and Shepherd to hang their jackets and kick off their shoes, before running to play with their cousins, Zac knelt down to help Abe do the same. When Abe was free of his shoes and jacket, he stood up and dashed off after his older siblings. Hanging Abe's jacket up along with his own and piling his families' shoes together, Zac headed off to find the other adults.

In the kitchen the house was buzzing with chatter and laughter, Zac immediately spoke to his mother first. Greeting his sisters and sister-in-law next, Zac acknowledged Isaac's presence as well, giving him a nod. They were all gathered around taking care of various tasks, had Brielle been with him, she would have managed to worm her way into the thick of it all. She loved to help. She always teased that Zac's large family was one of her main reasons for marrying him. Today, Brielle had been left at home, complaining over the last couple of days that she wasn't feeling well. Pushing Zac to take the kids to his parent's for dinner, she assured him if anything became urgent that he would be the first person she called.

Not allowing her son to sit idle, Diana directed him to a spot next to Isaac, instructing both of her sons to peel and cut carrots. Taking a seat along side Isaac, Zac grabbed a few carrots and set them on the table in front of him.

"Where is Brielle?" Jessica asked noticing her brother was without his wife.

"She's not feeling well." Zac answered with a slight frown. "I'm kind of worried, I don't want to leave her sick."

"I'm sure it's nothing, she'll be fine before you go." Avery reassured him, patting Zac on the shoulder.

"You're right, I'm sure she'll be fine." Zac agreed. Lies. He was leaving the next afternoon, although there was a chance Brielle would be feeling better it was unlikely.

"I'll make sure to check in on her." Diana kissed her son's cheek. "You have enough to worry about, don't worry about things here."

"Brielle will be fine, it isn't like she'll be entirely alone. Jenna will be at the house with her." Isaac spoke up. He hadn't spoke to Jenna since he informed her they were taking a break, a few days ago. Through Zac, he knew that Jenna was back at Zac and Brielle's. She'd stay there until she found some other place to go, or hopefully, she'd find her way back to Isaac's.

"You're alone too, where is Jenna?" Diana questioned her oldest son.

"We're taking a break." Isaac spoke, shocked his voice hadn't wavered as he imagined it would. He hadn't told his parents that little detail yet. It had been his idea, but it didn't make it easier.

Avery frowned, hugging her oldest brother, she was fairly close to Jenna and had got most of the details already. "Chin up, I don't think this will be long, but it is a good idea."

Jessica gave him a sympathetic look and Natalie muttered some sort of apology. Taking a break was a good thing, Isaac had convinced himself of that. Couples had issues, some times being together too much and too soon was a bad combination.

"Some couples need breaks, you won't be the first to take one and you won't be the last." Natalie smiled, hoping to help the situation even the tiniest bit.

"We'll see." Isaac was hoping to close the subject. "In the mean time, Jenna and I are apart and until she decides what she wants, we'll stay that way."

"I really hope this has nothing to do with Luke." Jessica wondered out loud. "Mac mentioned that he has been seeing somebody else. If Luke is happy, then good for him, but it'd be awful if this is what is upsetting Jenna."

Dutifully peeling his carrots, Zac's eyes shifted sideways to Isaac. Although Isaac had initiated the temporary break, the fact he had to do so because Jenna's ex found somebody new wasn't sitting well with him. Isaac had no problems with Luke, he had spoke with Luke several times since taking the break with Jenna. Oddly enough, Jenna was avoiding Luke as well as Isaac. Zac had told Isaac to take that as a good sign.

Sitting his knife down and wiping his slightly carrot stained hands on a dish towel next to him, Isaac cleared his throat. "If you must know, Luke having a girlfriend is part of this. Jenna is a bit upset." Isaac answered firmly. "I know how Jenna can be and I didn't want to waste my time waiting around."

"It's good to take a break." Zac encouraged. "Well, if you go about it the right way. Trust me, if Brielle and I can come back after that disaster we had, you and Jenna will be fine."

"If you and Brielle can come back after that train wreck, nothing short of the world exploding can keep Ike and Jenna apart." Avery teased her older brothers.

"Avery is right." Zac noted with a slight laugh. Avery smirked, making a comment about how she was always right. Ignoring her additional comments, Zac kept on track. "If Brielle and I had actually taken a break, it probably would have been better for us."

Their past issues would still be easier to blame on Kate, but Brielle had asked Zac many times over to move beyond that. Yes, Kate had forced the hand a great deal, but she wasn't the one twisting their arms to end up the way they had. There had been days when Zac had felt that his marriage to Brielle was over and he would never get her back, now that they had managed to somewhat sort things out, he was glad he had never acted on those feelings and let her go.

If Jenna and Isaac were supposed to be together, then Isaac would find a way to get her back. Isaac, unlike Zac, would do it with style and would probably only make a quarter of the mistakes Zac had. Jenna, unlike Brielle, had a harder time to forgive and forget which would certainly make Isaac's task tricky. Luckily for both of them, Isaac didn't give up that easily. When pursuing Jenna, he knew what he was getting into.

"The point of this is, you'll eventually work things out before you know it." Diana encouraged with a smile.

Her children were adults now, however they were still her children and when they had their highs and lows it was always going to be her job to help them through. They had come together for a nice dinner, before her three oldest left for a few weeks, Isaac didn't need to worry about whether or not he'd get Jenna back at this very moment. He'd have lots of time to do that after her dinner.

Dinner seemed to drag on, Zac loved being with his family, yet he couldn't help feel a tiny bit guilty for leaving Brielle at home. He had called home four times while at dinner, the first and last time he spoke with Jenna. She informed him that Brielle was alive, although a bit sick feeling, his wife was going to live. Jenna had also mentioned that if Zac called again, she was turning off every phone in the house, Brielle had a headache and didn't need to be bothered by the phone ringing.

It was during his second conversation with Jenna that Zac had noticed Isaac seemed to be listening. It didn't look as though he was intentionally doing it, given the way Zac was speaking to the person on the phone Isaac had worked out who the other person was quite easily. Giving his brother a sympathetic glance, Zac continued his conversation. Before ending the call he quickly slipped in that Jenna really needed to talk with Isaac, not waiting for a lecture he hit the end call button and tucked his phone away.

When things in Brielle and Zac's marriage had gone sour, Jenna had been a help - not a lot of help, but some - it was only fair that Zac try to help Isaac get the girl back. Jenna had only been back a few days and Zac hadn't saw much of her, when he did he never let go that she really needed to work things out with Isaac. One way or another, she couldn't leave the poor man in such a state. Isaac was miserable, despite the front he was putting on. Was it so much to ask for a little happiness?

Leaving his family to take his children back to their mother, Zac was in a state of relief and sadness. One emotion came from knowing he could go back to Brielle, the other knowing that once he had the children back with their mother, he wouldn't be seeing them again for the next few weeks. Junia filled the van with her chatter and excitement, in another week she would be getting her cast off and would be able to start her riding lessons. Shepherd didn't seem to care, by the look on his face he had better things to do, but listened anyway. Abe had gone to sleep almost the minute Zac had put him in his car seat.

The three faces in the back seat were the ones Zac would miss the most, while he was gone. When he first had children, he had been foolishly told that each time you left it would get easier. It felt as though each time he left, it only got harder. His children understood that he had to go, while most dads worked a regulated schedule in an office or at a construction site, Zac's job was to be gone for weeks at a time. Having children was wonderful, except for the times like this. Zac would never get used to this part of the job, knowing that at some point he'd have another child or children to leave behind was unsettling.

"Dad, don't forget to tell mom that I am allowed to go to Monroe's house next weekend!" Shepherd pulled Zac away from his own world of thought, just as he brought the van to a stop in front of his old home - Kate's home.

"I'm sure she'll be okay with it, but I'll tell her." Zac nodded, glancing in the rear view mirror. "Are you guys ready to go? Do you have everything?"

If they were missing something, it would be easy enough for Brielle to drop it off at a later point, it was still good to make sure nothing important was left behind. Junia and Shepherd insisted they both had everything and Zac had packed Abe's things, which meant his youngest had everything. For a while, Zac hated dropping the kids off at Kate's, the snide remarks, the dirty looks, the general animosity between the two ex lovers had been horrible. Now, it seemed that things had changed. Something had shifted, Kate and Zac would never be best friends, again, they may never be more than the parents of the same children, but it was a start.

Getting everybody settled in and saying his goodbyes, for this time around at least, Zac hugged Junia one last time making her promise to be on her best behaviour and assuring her that Brielle would not forget to pick her up for her riding lessons. Zac knew that Junia would call Brielle every day until she was certain Brielle wouldn't forget her. His daughter was persistent. Saying goodbye to Kate and heading out the door, Zac waved one last time before heading home.

At his own home the house was quiet, it felt a bit strange to hear his house this quiet. Somebody was always making some kind of noise, it was who they were as a family. Jenna's car wasn't in the garage, a sure sign she was gone for the time being. For all Zac knew Brielle could be with her, unlikely but not at all impossible. Gently pushing the bedroom door open, just in case Brielle was sleeping, Zac poked his head in to find his first suspicion was correct. Turned back to, Brielle was curled up in the middle of their bed, her hair was pulled back giving Zac a slight view of her face. Her eyes were closed but he could tell she wasn't asleep.

"I was wondering when you'd be home." her voice was groggy.

"I just got home a bit ago. I thought I'd come check to see if you were here, or with Jenna." Zac crossed the room.

"I'm sorry I missed dinner." Brielle mumbled stretching her arms over her head and yawning.

"It's fine, mom understood." Zac replied getting into bed with his wife. "You didn't miss much, other than Isaac and Taylor getting into an argument, it was the same as always."

"Why are they arguing?" Brielle asked, closing her eyes again.

"They were just getting out frustrations, don't worry about it." Zac answered, wrapping his arms around Brielle and resting his head on her shoulder. She didn't need to know that Taylor was in a bad mood and had decided to direct all of his annoyance at Isaac's love life. "How are you feeling?"

"Sleepy and this headache is kicking my ass." Brielle groaned. "I haven't got sick, but I feel like I could be. It's really uncomfortable."

In the time they had been together, Brielle was rarely sick, if she was then Zac hadn't noticed. Come to think of it, there were a lot of things that Zac had failed to notice in their relationship, now wasn't the time to drag all of that out. Cradling his wife against his chest, he kissed her cheek. She didn't seem to be any warmer than usual, which Zac took for a good sign. Seeing his wife sick was almost as bad as seeing his children ill.

"What if I go make some tea, run you a warm bath, and then you can come back to bed and sleep all you want." Zac suggested, his fingers lacing with his wife's. "If you're up for it, mom sent some food home for you."

"No." Brielle shook her head, whining. "No food."

"Okay, you don't have to eat the food, but let me make you soup or toast. You haven't ate all day." Zac countered. Brielle groaned. "Come on, you get ready for the bath and I'll go run the water."

"You leave tomorrow, you have better things to do than babysit me." Brielle grumbled, turning her head to look at Zac. The dark circles under her eyes had began to grow deeper since Zac had saw her earlier in the day, her usual sparkling brown eyes ere dull, and she looked miserable. "Go spend your time with the kids or something."

"I dropped the kids off with Kate, I knew you weren't feeling well so I took them home right after dinner." Zac explained. "Besides, you're my wife, I'd rather be here with you. You always take care of us, let me do it for you this time."

"I'm not going to win, am I?" Brielle crinkled her nose in disgust.

"No." Zac brushed his lips against her cheek once more. "I'm going to run your bath, get in when you're ready."

Arguing with her husband was useless, on many occasion Brielle had tried and sometimes she had even won. Zac loved a good debate and he was relentless when it came to arguing, even over the smallest things. As promised, Zac had drawn a warm bath and retreated to make some tea, this was his way of showing his wife he had won this round.

Warm water soothingly lapped at Brielle's body as she soaked in the tub, she a bit sullen that she was slightly forced into taking the bath. On the bright side, her headache had started to dwindle and her stomach didn't seem to be in so many knots. Quietness surrounded her, enveloping her in its company, it was nice to relax in the warmth of the water and let her body ease it self into a bit of comfort. As the water grew colder, Brielle couldn't take it anymore, pulling the plug literally and figuratively on her bath. Zac had popped in, only once, to leave her robe and to check in on her.

Pleased that she had reported her headache almost gone, he had gently closed the door leaving her in her own little world. Dried off and wrapped in her favourite robe, Brielle ambled down the hall to her bedroom. Inside their bedroom, Zac was stretched out on his self proclaimed side of the bed, he had his arm rested behind his head and a remote in the other. He looked like he was about to nod off when the sound of the closing door caught him off guard.

"Do you feel any better?" He automatically asked, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. It was getting late in the evening and he was feeling it.

"I am, a little." Brielle offered with a small smile.

"Good enough that you can eat?" Zac questioned, sitting up and reaching for the plate sitting on his night stand. "I made some toast and brought you up some tea. You really need to eat."

"I know." Brielle agreed, she hadn't realized how hungry she was until her body had slowly stopped revolting. "I make no promise, but I'll try and eat."

Zac took her answer in good stride, allowing her to change into a fresh shirt and shorts before urging her back into bed. Setting her up with the plate and the tea now on her bedside table, he climbed back into bed and grabbed the remote. Pressing play the screen came to life, he told Brielle that he had decided to spend the rest of his night in bed with her, which is why he brought along his favourite Star Wars film. Not much of a fan, Brielle had long ago given in and told herself that this was one of the little things she'd sometimes endure, to keep her husband happy.

If watching a movie she didn't enjoy was what kept a smile on Zac's face, then so be it. Picking at her toast, Brielle leaned her head against Zac's shoulder, half paying attention to the movie he was wrapped up in. Around half way through, Brielle began to get restless and bored. Shifting a little here and there to try and get really comfortable, she half watched the movie and half sat gazing into space.

"Are you okay?" Zac asked what seemed to be his choice question of the day.

"I'm sorry, I had planned to spend our evening doing something more than sitting in bed." Brielle grumbled biting off another small piece of toast. She had given up on her toast, going back to it mostly out of boredom.

"There is nothing wrong with sitting in bed. I wish you were feeling better and I feel like shit for leaving you, but I guess we can't really change that." Zac wrapped his arm around Brielle. "At least it's only a few weeks this time."

"I don't like it when you leave for so long, but I know you have to do it. I know it makes you happy, doing what you love to do, and I feel selfish for not wanting you gone." Brielle quietly confessed. She had voiced her dislike for Zac being gone for months at a time before, it wouldn't change much and she knew that. Every now and then she liked to remind him that being gone only made him coming home that much better. "I like it best when you come home." she smiled at him.

"If I weren't gone all the time, coming home would be useless." Zac teased, kissing the top of her head. "Plus you would be so sick of me."

"You might be right, don't let that go to your head, but if you were home all the time I probably would get sick of you." Brielle smirked.

"Then it's a good thing I'm not home every night, by six, like most husbands." Zac laughed.

Zac would never be like most husbands, Brielle would never be like most wives, which was fine by them.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

7.2K 153 74
Taylor Izumi is a delinquent who's about to have his life change for the better.
10.9K 87 31
Abused and alone, Amelia Lincoln runs away from her home looking for a way out. When she winds up in Tulsa, Oklahoma, she meets someone who would do...
8.9K 149 29
Michelle Branch, an up-and-coming young musician, gets the opportunity to be the opening act on tour with popular pop-rock band Hanson. She is especi...
2K 46 14
Liz Barrymore's life is perfect or so it would seem that way. She's in a stable relationship, has a job, and a roof over her head, but there is one t...