I can take care of you (under...

By fairytailfreak937

The boy who lived , the golden boy , the saviour , Harry Potter. But is he all that he appears? No one knows... More

Chapter 1: FREAK!!!
Fear
A/n
Chapter 3: Settling in
Chapter 4: Feelings and revelations
Chapter 5: The sorting hat
Chapter 6: Potions , explosions and screams
Chapter 7: Weasel
A/n
Vote
Result
A/n: Sorry 😅
Chapter 9: Did you put your name in the goblet?
Ask the Character
Chapter 10: Did you put your name in the goblet - part 2
Chapter 11: Help the Elf
A/n: Poll~
Chapter 12: Nightmares
A/n: Editing and Re-vamping
Chapter 13: ~Dragons and a forest Nymph~
A/n: 50K special
A/n
Chapter 14: Elves like Tattoos
A/n
Chapter 15: The Unforgivable Curses
Chapter 16: Catch me if you can
Character/Author Q&A
Chapter 17: Pieces of the Past
A/n
Chapter 18: Yule Ball
Chapter 19: Vampire
Chapter 20: A Murder and a Vision
Chapter 21: Return
Chapter 22: Smoke and Mazes
Chapter 23: Recovery
A/n: Poll
A/n: important
Chapter 24: Barty Crouch Jr

Chapter 8: The Tri-what now

15.7K 380 162
By fairytailfreak937

Warning: mention of sensitive topics such as abuse and self harm

Sebastian ended up spending last night in his fathers private chambers. Severus had set up a room for him so if he needed a break he could stay there provided it didn't become a regular occurrence. Sebastian did feel a little better now. Draco had felt pretty lonely without his boyfriend but understood seb needed a break. Now it was breakfast and the two were sat eating , well Draco was eating and Sebastian was pushing his food around his plate. "Baby...you need to eat." Draco whispered softly into his ear. Seb sighed leaning his head on Draco's shoulder. "I know...I'm just not that hungry dray....m'sorry..." Draco nuzzled behind Sebastian's ear. "It's fine I'm not mad I'm just worried about your health. Try and eat a little bit? Mostly so uncle sev doesn't cut me up and use me in his next potion." Seb giggled a little and nibble on a cracker. "Happy?" He said looking at Draco as he took a small bite of the cracker. Draco nodded kissing his forehead before going back to his French toast. Another slytherin watched before asking. "Why don't you eat that much? Just out of curiosity." Sebastian bit his lip before trying to explain away the suspicion with a witty remark. "Don't you know curiosity killed the cat?" He spoke slowly , much like Snape. A habit he'd picked up from his father. "Yeah and Sebastian is part cat so please don't kill him...or snape will have all our heads..." Blaise added on. The other slytherin shrugged. "Okay then , just wanted to know why but fine. I'll just find out on my own." They said with a challenging look in their eye. "Destiel stop being an ass before Snape kills you." A slytherin girl rolled her eyes at the guy before turning to Sebastian. "Sorry about him , he's not exactly good at socialising with people , I also apologise for SOME of our other house mates who didn't give you a warm welcome." She glared at the boy who'd confronted Sebastian about his Quidditch skills. "I'm Izora Adelinde , I'm one of the slytherin prefects , welcome to slytherin Sebastian. If you have any concerns about anything you can always come to me , oh and try not lose too many house points~" she laughed softly. Sebastian smiled , she seemed like a fairly lighthearted person who could be stern if she needed and knew how to keep others in check. Someone who was easy to talk to , but you wouldn't want to get in her bad books. Sebastian was pretty good at reading people , and he felt kind of stupid for believing all the stereotypes about slytherins. On the whole a lot of the slytherins didn't seem too bad. Sure there was one or two vulgar , discourteous douches but you'll always find one or two people like that wherever you go , and Sebastian wasn't the same person he was before , he wasn't bothered by crude remarks or petty insults meant to get under his skin. He'd learned a lot from his father and had changed , for the better in his personal opinion. "Thank you , I'll keep that in mind~" he smiled back at her. A genuine smile.

Everyone suddenly looked up as Dumbledouche tapped on his podium loudly to get their attention. "Later tonight we will be having a very special supper , and I request all of you attend as it is in your best interest. Thank you and enjoy the rest of your breakfast." Sebastian scoffed. "What's so special about a stupid supper...I don't want to go.." Draco patted his head. "On the bright side you'll get hot cocoa?" He tried to lighten Sebastian's mood. "I've never known someone who hates food so much-oUCh! Izoraaaa why did you hit me." He pouted at his Twin sister who was giving him a stern , motherly look. "You know why. Stop being an insensitive idiot. Honestly how we're related I'll never know." Destiel sulked. Sebastian chuckled and Draco smiled glad that Sebastian was a little more comfortable with the slytherins that he had been at the start. Izora has gone back to reading her charms book while eating vanilla yogurt and tinned pears.
Destiel was still sulking while picking at a buttered crumpet. Sebastian actually felt a little bad because he looked really upset. "Hey , Don't feel too guilty okay? It's natural to be curious." Destiel gave him a small smile. "Still I shouldn't of been so pushy about it. We all have our secrets." The two shared a mutual nod of agreement , but Destiel was left wondering. How many secretes did this boy have? Breakfast ended too soon for Draco's liking. He wanted more French toast but oh well. First they had potions which Sebastian had been looking forward to. Today they were making a shrinking solution. This time to avoid any more trips to the hospital wing they were allowed to partner with who they wanted. Naturally Sebastian and Draco partnered up , and behind them was Destiel and a shy looking boy with platinum blonde hair that Sebastian thought could pass of as Draco's brother. Although he was a lot more Timid than Draco.

So there was no chance of Sebastian getting hurt. Severus totally hadn't made changes to ensure his sons wellbeing. As much as a pocket sized Sebastian would probably be adorable , he wasn't taking any chances. Not this time. The fourth years got on with their task in relative silence bar the odd scraping of a piece of equipment, the bubbling of cauldrons or the squish of a caterpillar being sliced. Although Severus disliked most of his classes , if he was forced to choose a favourite class this would be it. Mostly because there was a handful of students who could make a decent potion. Namely his son , his god sort of sorts , the Adelinde twins ect. Then there was those too incompetent to follow a simple recipe with clear instructions. The most irritating being Weasley. Draco and Sebastian were busy making their shrinking solution. Draco kept glancing at Seb in mild concern. Sebastian looked pale except his cheeks which were flushed and his eyes were hazy. Severus noticed and was also worried but he hid it although he kept an extra close eye on Sebastian.
Draco could see Sebastian's hands trembling and became increasingly paranoid about Sebastian's health. The Adelinde twins also noticed. Destiel in particular was now even more determined to find out more about Sebastian , whatever was going on in his mind , he wanted to help. Because Slytherin's are fiercely loyal and protective of their own. Somehow Draco and Sebastian finished their potion without any complications but Seb still looked sick. Next they had transfiguration so severus sent a patronus message to Minerva informing her Sebastian would be slightly lately to class and that he was under suspicion that Sebastian was ill. As the other students filed out of the class Severus held Sebastian back. Draco paused slightly. "Go ahead for class Draco." Severus said in his slow deep tone although there was a slight consoling hint to it. Because despite (un)popular opinion , he was actually not heartless and knew Draco was incredibly worried. Draco nodded and gave Sebastian a quick peck on the cheek before exiting the room. Sebastian looked up at Severus. "Dad? What's wrong?" He asked , his brows furrowed in bewilderment. Severus let out a slow sigh. "Are you feeling okay son? You look...sick..." he spoke in his usual slow drawl , but it was warmer and kinder. Because he loved his son. Sebastian hung his head and shyly hugged Severus' chest burying his face there. "I don't know...I feel weird....I can't stop shaking and I don't know why...it's not a panic attack but I don't know what it is..." Severus hummed in thought , but he couldn't think of anything that would warrant uncontrollable tremors. So he decided to just take Sebastian straight to Madame Pomfray. He guided Sebastian by the hand to the infirmary wing. Madame Pomfray tutted and shook her head. "Back already , as much as I love seeing you I'd rather it be in different circumstances." Sebastian smiled wryly as he sat on the bed and leaned back , allowing Madame Pomfray to examine him. She tutted at him again making Severus raise an eyebrow as in inquiry into the reason she was tutting at Sebastian. "Sugar rush. That's what's causing the uncontrollable shaking , plus he's extremely malnourished." She turned to Sebastian. "Honestly if you get any skinnier you'll cease to exist!" She said in indignation as she started gathering things. Severus caught Sebastian's gaze , causing his son to look away. "Sebastian? Anything you to tell me? Perhaps about your eating habits?" Sebastian pouted a little. "I'm still having trouble eating normally...if I try and eat more than a few mouthfuls I throw up...but because I'm not able to get enough energy from the food I fill myself with sugar and caffeine so I don't fall asleep in class...I didn't think I was consuming enough of it to give myself a sugar rush though." He mumbled softly but Severus still heard him. "M'sorry...are you mad at me...?" Severus felt a stab of pain stab through his heart at how much fear was in Sebastian's voice. His voice was shaking and Sebastian was trembling worse than before , a mixture of the sugar rush and fear. Sure it had only been a couple of months but Severus thought the boy felt safe with him. Apparently that was not yet the case. "I'm not mad....I understand. You should of come to me Seb. I'm your father and your well-being is my responsibility....I worry about you." Sebastian nodded leaning into Severus' embrace. "I promise no more secrets." Severus was glad to hear that , although something him Sebastian would forget about this promise. Madame Pomfray came over to them with a goblet that had a red and gold swirling liquid in it. She handed it to Sebastian. "Drink this. It's a meal replinishment potion , you need to take at least one a day , two if you skip a meal completely. They'll at least give you some nourishment and energy , so you don't need to get high on sugar~" she smiled softly. Sebastian giggled and took the goblet. "Bottoms up I guess." He necked the potion. "It doesn't taste that bad I guess. Salty and spicy. Kind of like salt and chilli fries." Severus blinked. "What in Merlins name is a salt and chilli fry?" Harry gasped in shock. "Only the best thing to ever exist. It's a muggle fast food that Dudley had once and I got really hungry so I stole one when he wasn't looking. I got a beating for it but it was totally worth it." Severus felt a little sick that Sebastian could say it was worth getting a beating for a single bloody chip. He sighed petting Sebastian's hair. Madame Pomfray was also disturbed that Sebastian seemed so calm talking about the fact he was beaten for taking food because he'd been starved. But she had a job to do and had to brush off her worry for now. "How have your injuries been? Fully healed? Any pain?" She asked him. Sebastian mulled it over for a little. "I think the injuries are all healed , I do keep getting aches and pains when it's really cold , especially the scars on my back. I get cold really easily , Is that normal?" "Well because your so thin. Yes it is. You're not able to regulate your body temperature. The cold will cause the scars to hurt a little , unfortunately I can't do much for that other than give you a painkiller potion. At least the Injuries are fully healed. Is it alright if I have a look?" Sebastian nodded weakly and took of his robes with help from his father. He laid on his stomach so she could examine his back first. Severus cringed at the sight Of the scars that littered his sons back. Long jagged ones , small thin ones , ones that formed vulgar words , the sight was enough to make him want to throw up , and he'd seen some grotesque things in his lifetime. He ran his hand through Sebastian's hair , not even noticing his hand was shaking as he did so. But Sebastian noticed. "Dad...? Your shaking...what's wrong?" Severus looked at him forlornly.
"Nothing I'm fine...just got lost in thought." He went silent after that , watching Poppy (Madame Pomfray) give Sebastian a check over. His injuries were all healed and there was no new cuts on his wrists which Severus was thankful for because me might actually start crying if Sebastian was self harming again. Then the final question came. The one Sebastian had been dreading. "Finally , how have you been mentally?" Madame Pomfray said softly. He tried to nonchalantly play it off. "I've been fine." "Sebastian , we can't help unless your open with us." Severus said sternly. Sebastian leaned back staring at the ceiling , a strange look in his emerald orbs. "Not great. I've been having nightmares every night , and I went insane on the Quidditch pitch...." Severus rubbed his Sebastian's shoulder. "In all fairness , You were provoked repeatedly , so you can't be too hard on yourself for that..." Severus tried to reassure Seb. Although he wasn't adept in comforting people. "Yeah but I've never acted like that before....I wanted to hurt him...badly...I'm not a violent person...but right then I wanted to make him suffer." He ran a hand through his hair , looking stressed. Severus and Madame Pomfray shared a look. Poppy wasn't sure what to really do to help with that , but she'd probably come up with something , but right now Sebastian needed to rest. "Do you want to go back to class or stay here and rest?" Severus asked him gently , he was knelt so he was level with Sebastian. "I miss Draco...and I don't want to miss a lot of lessons that I need to know , but I don't even know how I'm meant to transfigure anything when my hands won't stop shaking , and I know it's my own fault because I'm stupid b-but I didn't mean to..." he started to get upset with himself and pull on his hair. "Hey. Hey. Sebastian. Look at me." Sebastian weakly raised his head staring at Severus with tear filled eyes. "Stop stressing yourself out alright? Your not doing yourself any favours. Mistakes happen. You think I haven't made mistakes? I've made made plenty of them. What matters is learning from them and using that knowledge to your advantage. At least you know now that too much sugar will have negative effects , I've seen people do more incompetent things than you did so go easy on yourself. I'm telling you this as your father. Wether you believe it now or not is up to you , but I do care about you." Severus was honestly proud of himself right now. He wasn't one to give Pep talks and mushy speeches but he was pretty sure he had done a good job because he instantly felt Sebastian's bony , frail arms wrap tightly around him. Sebastian was crying and shaking but he was also smiling. Although it couldn't be seen as his face was pressed into Severus' chest. "I k-know...I love you dad...I really do..." he sniffled. Severus smiled slightly. "I love you too. Now personally I think it's a good idea for you to stay here and rest." "Yeah you're probably right..guess father knows best~" Severus let out a deep chuckle before standing up. "I'll get you a change of clothes." Seb just nodded in response and waited for Severus to return before changing into the black pjs that Severus fetched for him. He curled up on his side letting out a deep breath. Severus covered him with the blanket , and on a spur of the moment decision pressed a kiss to his forehead before exiting the medical wing leaning Sebastian in the care of Madame Pomfray , knowing he was in good hands. He spent the rest of his free period worrying over Sebastian's mental health while grading Third year Homework , gaining him an utterly awful migraine and putting him in a bad mood.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Draco's POV

Draco groaned in boredom and frustration. He missed Sebastian. Earlier , Snape had came into their transfiguration lesson and informed Professor McGonagall that Sebastian wouldn't be attending the lesson because he was in the hospital wing. Now he was alone , with no Seb to keep him company and he wasn't enjoying it one bit. It wasn't that Transfiguration was particularly boring , turning a mouse into a cat was pretty cool and all , but it just wasn't the same without Sebastian whispering to him about random things. He tuned into the conversations around him to while away his boredom. "Isn't this the second time Sebastian's been in the hospital wing? And it's only been a few weeks." One slytherin commented. "Guess Snape's soon is pretty stupid." A Griffindor chortled. However he received a backhand slap to the head from his friend. "Dude not cool." His friend shook his head. Maybe some Griffindors aren't ignorant jerks after all...just some of them. Draco thought to himself as he practiced turning his Mouse into a cat , and back again. He took notes so that Sebastian could copy them. Draco was at his wits end by the time it came to the special supper. Sebastian hadn't made an appearance for lunch or dinner. However when he walked into the great hall , low and behold There sat Sebastian at the table picking at a cauldron cake. Draco was so happy to see him that he wrapped him in a tight bear hug making Seb gasp and squeak in surprise. "Merlin Draco don't do that! You frightened the crap out of me , you know I hate being snuck up on." Draco pouted not letting go of Sebastian. "Sorry , but I really missed you." Sebastian rolled his eyes fondly. "Missed you too" he kissed Draco on the cheek and went back to picking at his cauldron cake while Draco started munching on Pumkin pasties. "Wow Sebastian I don't know how you do it~ You've turned Draco into a different person." Pansy giggled. "Guess I'm just that amazing huh~" Sebastian smirked. This time Draco rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say pretty boy." Sebastian just grinned. "Awee you think I'm pretty~" "Naturally." Draco answered back without hesitation , making Sebastian's cheeks go bright red as he hadn't expected that. Destiel interrupted the two's flirting competition. "So why were you in the hospital wing anyway?" Draco also seemed interested to hear that story. Sebastian looked away embarrassed. "I accidentally gave myself a sugar high and I was shaking really bad because of it and I felt close to passing out...soo yeah." He went to take another baby bite of his cauldron cake but Draco snatched it from his hands. "No more sugar for you. Before you get sugar rush again." Sebastian pouted. "NUUU you can't take my cakeee. In my defence I didn't know drinking four mugs of coffee and eating a whole packet of sugar quills would have that much of an effect on me. I've learnt my lesson now gimme my cake." He gave Draco puppy eyes but Draco wouldn't budge. "Nope." So Sebastian pulled out his trump card. "Do you want me to eat or not?" Draco couldn't fight that so he gave in giving Sebastian his cake. "THanK YOu." Sebastian huffed guarding his cake as he picked at it. "Is sweets all you eat?" Izora said with a frown. Surely this wasn't healthy. "Well it's not the only thing I eat. But it pretty much makes up most of my diet." "Dude that's not healthy , why do you only eat sweets?" Destiel asked. "Because their light." Destiel just looked really confused. "Light..?" Sebastian face palmed. "Their light on my stomach? Their not heavy. Seriously you love food right? How do you not know the difference between the relative mass of a food?" Poor Destiel looked more lost than before. "Yeaaah...okay so why can't you eat these heavy foods then?" Fuck I've backed myself into a corner now... Sebastian thought the to himself. He wasn't able to think of a suitable comeback to explain away the suspicion either. "Ummm...no comment?" He stuttered out nervously. "Not your best comeback Sebastian~" Blaise chuckled , earning him a deadly glare from the ravenette. "Okay you , hush. And you. Stop asking me questions beside I make you eat slugs. And that's not fun. Just ask Weasley." Draco smirked pressing his face against Sebastian's neck. "Wait how do you know about that? That was second year." Destiel asked curiously. Sebastian was thankful for his quick wit and excellent lying skills. "Oh Draco filled me in on all the stories and Drama that happened in the previous years." He shrugged and snuggled into Draco's chest his hand drooping. He was still very tired. Draco frowned and pulled him into his lap letting him rest against his chest. "Your still drowsy from the sugar crash.." Draco mumbled as he broke a small piece of the cake off and fed it to Sebastian. As embarrassing as it was Sebastian had to except his fate because he really was too tired to lift his arm anymore. So he gave in , allowing Draco to feed him little bits of the cake. Suddenly the doors swung open and lightning crackled loudly , startling Sebastian who clung to Draco in fear , his glamours dropping accidentally. "Wow you really hate being startled. Just like a real kitty~" Izora giggled. Sebastian pouted burying his face in Draco's neck , after quickly putting his glamours back on. Everyone was looking at the man who stood there. He was tall and had a lot of scars and long lanky hair and a weird enchanted eyeball. He walked over to Dumbledore and shook his hand roughly. "Stupid ceiling..." he uttered. Dumbledore announced that the man was Mad eye moody , an auror and their new defence against the dark arts teacher. Then he announced somehting about a triwizard tournament. "The tri-what now?" Sebastian asked looking at Draco for answers. "It's a big tournament where schools compete. They each have a champion to represent them who takes part in a series of challenges. Although it hasn't been held for years because people kept getting injured." Sebastian quirked an eyebrow. Of course Hogwarts would allow an exceptionally dangerous tournament that could end in mutilation and death to take place. "Now please Join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of bauxbatons academy and their headmistress Madame Maxime." Dumbledore said as a group of girls dressed in blue strutted into the room and performed what Sebastian assumed was meant to be a charming display although it just bored him. Dumbledore kissed Madame Maxime's hand and then stepped aside. "Now let's welcome our friends from the north. Durmstrang , and their headmaster Igor Karkaroff." They doors suddenly burst open again and guys with staffs that sparked when the tapped them on the ground marched in doing tricks and acrobatics that involved a lot of fire. Sebastian thought the entrance was pretty epic. After giving them a run down on all the rules and regulations of the tri wizard tournament they were allowed to go to their dorms. Sebastian didn't pay much attention. All he remembered was you couldn't enter if you were under seventeen which was fine by him a He didn't want to enter anyway. He could finally have a peaceful , normal school year like everyone else. No paparazzi following him round because he's Harry Potter , no being in the the wrong place at the wrong time , no freaky shit happening to him , no having to save someone from some dark maniac or psychotic magical beast. He could just kick back and relax , study like a normal student , cuddle with his boyfriend and spend time with his father. He was finally free. He curled up in the common room , on one of the sleek black leather sofa's with a soft fluffy green blanket , he put his ear buds in listening to Nirvana- smells like teen spirit via his Ipod. A muggle invention that fascinated the purebloods. A portable device that could okay music? How ingenious. Sebastian listened to his music while reading a book called the most Macabre monstrosities. His legs were thrown over Draco's lap and covered by the blanket. He'd changed into a black sweatshirt with a skull on it and some dark green pj shorts. A small yawn escaped his lips and Draco smiled petting his head. He's so adorable. He thought to himself as he gently prised the book from Sebastian's grip and put in the boys snake shaped book mark. Sebastian had almost dozed off at this point. A tiny slither of green could be seen but that was it , within a few minutes his eyes were closed and he was out like a light. Draco vowed to keep an eye on Sebastian's eating habits even more now , he'd rather his boyfriend not be constantly getting high off sugar. He carried Sebastian up to the dormitories bridal style and carefully laid him down on the bed , before deciding to Join him instead of going t9 his own bed. Hey he hadn't seen Sebastian for most of the day and he wanted cuddles , and what Draco wants , Draco gets.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Words: 4271
A/n: Dear Merlin I've never written this much , like ever. Hopefully this makes up for not updating in forever. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. The drama is finally starting~ I've been contemplating giving Severus a mate? Would you like Severus to have a mate? And would you want Severus to be the Uke or Seme in the relationship? Let me know in the comments. Goodbye my lovely kittens 🐱💚❤️🖤💛💙

If you'd like to find out more about the characters , I might do an Ask the character Q&A where you can ask the characters questions. So comment if you'd like that to happen and if you want Sev to have a Mate and wether he would be the Uke or Seme.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 3.4K 39
*completed* Ever since Draco Malfoy laid eyes on the boy who lived, he knew he had to be his. This is a slow-burn romance. #1 in drarryfanfic 4/23/2...
54.8K 2K 13
Harry Potter. The boy who lived. The man that can't die. The prophecy. "Neither can live, while the other survives." The only thing that could defea...
41.3K 1K 23
Harry Potter is the boy who lived, but he is not seen as someone powerful like Dumbledore or Voldemort. But what if he was powerful? What if he was o...
1M 41.4K 34
{Their Family book 1} Harry Potter works as Professor of Defense Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts, but while picking Teddy up from the Primary Wizar...