Lights, Camera, Harry // l.s.

By aussie_direction

❝ I really hope you don't expect me to do anything. Because I won't. I don't care. Cry all you like but when... More

Description
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Announcement
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
100K WHAT?
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Character Ask (TheQuestions)
Character Ask (The Answers Part 1)
Character Ask (The Answers Part 2)
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
important
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Epilogue
The End

Chapter 42

29.8K 1.6K 2K
By aussie_direction

I THINK REALLY LIKE THIS CHAPTER :)))))

I HOPE YOU DO TOO! <3

.

.

.

Louis’ POV

The first thing I thought about when my car rolled up to work was Harry. I hadn’t heard from him since after we’d looked after his niece and that was almost a week ago. I wanted to see him, I missed his cute face.

Over the past few weeks of getting to know him, it had only made me even more sure that I liked him and that I didn’t want to hide it anymore. I was done pretending and being the horrible person I had made myself out to be when underneath it all, I was quite the opposite.

I climbed out of the car, grabbed my stuff and wandered in.

“Hiya Barb!” I called out to the receptionist whose name I had always pretended I didn’t know. I smiled at her as I greeted her, deciding to finally be nice and acknowledge her.

She nervously smiled back at me. “Hello, Mr Tomlinson.”

I gave her one last grin before moving into the hallway and heading to my room. On the way, I couldn’t help but notice that most of the extras were already there and were milling around the Trough.

I thought to myself that maybe, Harry would be in there, so I subtly poked my head around the corner into the room. I didn’t know where his station was, considering I’d never been in there before, so I didn’t know where to look, but from what I gathered, he wasn’t there.

I was slightly disappointed, but figured he would arrive soon. The take was going to begin in half an hour.

I continued my way down to my dressing room with a sigh. Seeing Harry’s dimpled smile would have made my morning, but I had no such luck.

I closed the door and dropped my bag on the coffee table before walking over to my mirror.

I got into costume and waited for Lou to arrive and do my hair and makeup and once I was ready, I headed out onto the set.

I looked around and spotted Eleanor with Harry’s friends, chatting away with Liam and Niall while Charl stood slightly to the side, looking rather awkward.

So I walked over to her, partly to keep her company and partly because I really didn’t want to talk to El. After nearly 3 years of fake-dating her, I could die a happy person if I never had to speak to her again.

“Hey,” I greeted Charl with a smile that she returned sleepily. I knew she was still a little wary about me, but she seemed to be slowly warming up to me.

“Hi Louis,” She replied through a yawn. “How are you?”

“Good, actually.” I admitted. “Had a quiet weekend in, got some well-needed sleep. Yourself? You look exhausted.”

“Yeah,” She laughed. “I haven’t gotten much sleep the past few nights. I’ve been at Harry’s.”

At the mention of Harry’s name, my face lit up. I was going to bring him up but her mentioning him first made it less awkward and made me look less desperate.

“Harry’s?” I asked. “Speaking of, where is he today?”

Her smile fell away and I immediately felt mine do the same, the worrying feeling building in my stomach.

“He’s sick.” She answered with a sigh. “The poor thing’s been bed-ridden all weekend.”

“Oh,” I frowned.

“Yeah,” She continued. “Though hopefully tonight I’ll get some rest. He made me go home today, said he can handle being alone for one night.”

“Oh really?” I asked, still feeling worried about him.

“Yeah, he said he’ll be fine, and he’s definitely better than he was so.” She shrugged and I slowly nodded, the frown staying on my face.

I opened my mouth to reply but Eleanor came over, meaning Charlotte left with a grimace.

“Hey Lou,” She chimed with a flirtatious bat of her eyelashes. I internally cringed but put a smile on my face anyway. She was probably the one person who had suffered the worst of my irritable behaviour, so I decided to at least try to be nice.

“Hi Eleanor,” I replied. “Look, I’m sorry about the way I said it, but I meant what I said the other day.”

“What?” She asked, her smile faltering as she stepped back.

“I’m sorry, El.” I continued. “I don’t think we should be together anymore.”

I saw tears form in her eyes, but she shook her head and put on a fake smile. “Y-Yeah, okay.” She breathed. “I thought that’s w-what you meant…”

“I’m sorry-”

“Don’t.” She put a hand on my chest. “It’s fine, just drop it.”

“El-” I tried.

“ALRIGHT, LET’S GO.” The director called over the loudspeaker, interrupting my apology. I did feel bad for her, but it was for the best.

Everyone moved in position, Eleanor nervously clinging onto my arm as we took up our positions and began filming.

I recited my lines with as much emotion as I could muster, but I still couldn’t shake Harry from my mind. I missed him and I desperately wanted to know if he was alright.

As Eleanor replied, staring at me with sparkling eyes, I thought about Harry looking at me with as much love as she had in her face.

I felt bad, because unrequited love is just terrible, but my worry for Harry soon pushed that from my mind.

After we’d finished the take, I rushed to my dressing room and got changed, ignoring anyone who called out after me.

I wiped all my make-up off and ran a hand through my hair as I shook it all out. I packed up my jacket and wallet, grabbed my bag and left.

I decided that I wanted to go and see him. I wanted to see for myself that he was okay, to put my mind at ease.

As soon as I saw the car arrive, I climbed in the backseat.

I gave the driver Harry’s address and asked the driver to take me there instead of my place.

I anxiously watched out the window as the glamorous Hollywood high-rises slowly became more and more sparse, being replaced by ratty old apartment buildings and crumbling convince stores.

I thanked the driver once I’d arrived and went straight up to his apartment, knocking lightly on the door.

“Who is it?” I heard him croak from the other side of the door.

“It’s Louis.” I replied with a smile, the sound of his voice making my heart melt.

There was some shuffling behind the heavy wood and some clinking as the door unlocked.

Then, my eyes widened as I saw his head appear around the corner.

“Hi,” I breathed as I took in his appearance. His face was ungodly pale and his hair was sticking to his sweaty forehead. He was wrapped up in a blanket as his red eyed looked at me.

“Hi.” He replied with a smile before coughing his lungs up. He doubled over, so I quickly surged forward to help him, his knuckles turning white as he held onto the door for support.

He recovered and stepped back with a sheepish smile, his face now flushed.

“C-Come in.” he stammered, holding it back so I could come inside.

“Oh my God, Harry.” I worriedly spoke as he wrapped the blanket tighter around his shoulders. “Why are you out of bed!”

He let out a small laugh as he closed the door. “I’m fine.” He sniffled. “Why are you here?” he asked. “N-Not that I don’t appreciate it, cause I do.” He added in a hurry. “I was just, uh, w-wondering. Cause why- and, uh, yeah.”

I smiled at him as we began to walk down the dingy corridor.

“I- Woah! Harry!” I was about to reply, but the adorable bundle of fabric nearly fell over his own feet as he stumbled.

Without thinking, I reached out and caught him, my arms wrapping securely around his waist.

“Harry?” I asked when he didn’t open his eyes. “Harry!” I gave him a squeeze and he groaned.

“Bed.” He mumbled, his eyes opening slightly. He tried to stand, but he fell back into me again, so I put an arm under his knees and picked him up, carrying him to his bedroom.

I laid him down gently, keeping him wrapped in the blanket as I pulled the duvet over him as well.

“M’sorry,” He mumbled, trying to open his eyes and sit up.

“No no,” I shushed him. “Don’t be sorry.” He dropped his head back to the pillow as I sat beside him. “God…” I whispered, keeping my hand on his arm. “Charl said you were okay…”

I shook my head as I watched him.

“S-She what?” He asked in his deep, thick voice.

“I was speaking to her today,” I replied, stroking his arm up and down now. “She said you weren’t well, that’s why I came, but she said you were better…”

He smiled and let out a small humourless laugh as I stopped moving my hand.

“Don’t stop,” He mumbled. “Keep doing what you were doing, s’nice.”

I smiled as he hummed and I went back to rubbing his arm.

“Are you hungry?” I asked him. “I’m not, uh, very good but, um, I can make you a-a thing? If you like?”

He reached up and brushed his sweaty bangs out of his face as he smiled at me.

“Um, yeah,” he answered, opening his bright green eyes to look at me. “Please.”

I leant down and kissed his forehead as I stood up and left the room, giving him one last look before I went.

I had no idea what I was doing, so I went through his cupboards before I found a can of soup and decided to make that.

Once it was done, I made him a cup of tea as well, because that always made me feel better when I was sick.

I turned around to go back to the bedroom, but Harry was standing in the doorway.

“You really have no clue what you’re doing, do you?” He croaked.

“Hey, I’m not doing too bad,” I replied with a laugh. “What are you doing up? You should be in bed.”

He shrugged and went to take a step forward but almost collapsed, so I put down the food and rushed to his side.

“Harry-” I began but he put a hand over my mouth as he smiled.

“Couch,” he breathed. So I helped him to the couch in the lounge before going back for his food.

I put it down on the coffee table and sat down next to him, helping him lie down as I propped his head up against the arm as his legs dangled over my lap.

I picked up the bowl and started to spoon feed him for a while until he didn’t want anymore.

“T-Thank you,” he mumbled sleepily through a yawn.

“Don’t sweat it,” I replied, stroking his head as I stood up and put a movie on before going back to him.

I knelt down in front of him so we were face to face. “I can go, if you want some peace and quiet.” I knew he had told Charl to leave, so I wondered if he wanted to be alone.

“No,” He protested, reaching out to grab my hand. “Nonononono.” He rambled.

“Okay,” I laughed, sitting back on the couch with him. He moved around so his head was in my lap.

“Better,” He grinned up at me before turning to face the movie.

He soon fell asleep and once the film was over, I looked at the time. It was 9 already and I knew he needed sleep, but he didn’t look at all comfortable cramped up on the tiny couch.

“Harry,” I gently shook him. “Wanna go to bed?”

He nodded and wiped his face as he tried to stand. I put an arm under his shoulders to help, but it became apparent that he could barely walk he was so dizzy.

I decided to carry him again, tucking him in safely and planting a kiss on his head as I went to leave.

“No,” He called out as I reached the door. “Stay.”

His eyes were wide with worry as he stared pleadingly at me, only his eyes visible above the covers.

“Okay,” I replied. “I’ll just go sleep on the couch, okay? Don’t worry, love.”

“No,” He repeated, getting nervous. “Here.” He asked.

I slowly nodded and closed the door, moving through the dark back to the bed.

Harry was very hot, so I only went underneath the first layer of covers as I laid down next to him.

I wasn’t really sure what to do, so I lay still, not sure where the line was and whether or not I was crossing it.

But Harry rolled over and snuggled into my side, burying his head in my shoulder as I moved my arm to hold him.

“Thank you.” He whispered as he moved again, looking up at me as he lay on his back.

“Go to sleep.” I told him with a light laugh.

“M’kay, Lou.” He answered dreamily as I stroked his head, making him practically purr.

In the darkness, I could only just see him. His pink lips were slightly parted as he breathed slowly and even though he was sick, he looked beautiful in my arms.

So I couldn’t help myself.

I leant down slowly and looked down at his lips before gently connecting our lips for our very first kiss. Even though it was far from perfect, it was incredible.

I squeezed my eyes closed as I kissed him, needing to remind myself that it was real and I was actually kissing him.

His lips were soft as I pulled back and smiled, stroking his arm a couple of times before I settled down into a nice sleep.

I was happier than I had been in a long time with the boy of my dreams in my arms, sleeping soundly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 352 33
"If this is what heartbreak feels like, I don't want any part of it. Seriously, running me over with a bus would hurt less." - Louis Tomlinson and Ha...
10.2K 886 17
» 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎 « After the hardest of breakups, Harry will have to build up the courage to bring up the past and potentially fix their future. ꜱᴇ...
29.9K 2.4K 20
» 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎 « ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ᴍɪᴄᴀᴇʟᴀ ʟᴏᴘᴇᴢ. [ ɪɢ ᴀᴄᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ: @micaelablopez ] Louis, a normal guy who sells books for a living, never expected tha...
55.7K 1.7K 28
Louis Tomlinson wasn't expecting to get involved with someone romantically, at least not while he's still figuring out quite personal aspects of his...