Entangled

By _SoloBird_

Entangled Book #1 -Wattpad featured story- Ariana Jones is a sweet, innocent, and smart girl who has been bat... More

Author's Note
Cast...
Prologue
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13. Part-I
Chapter-13. Part-II
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter- 19
Chapter- 20
Chapter-21
Chapter- 22
Chapter-23
Chapter- 24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-46
Chapter-47
Chapter-48
Chapter-49
Chapter-50
Chapter-51
Chapter-52
Chapter-53
Chapter-54
Chapter-55
Chapter-56
Chapter-57
Chapter-58
Chapter-59
Chapter-60
Chapter-61
Chapter-62
Epilogue
New Book

Chapter-16

215K 8.1K 1K
By _SoloBird_

Ariana

I wasn't able to concentrate on my work.

I had been reading the document in front of me for the last ten minutes but I couldn't grasp a single word written in there as my mind was somewhere else.
It was whirling around in yesterday's incident that happened in the elevator, after the meeting.

I was not comfortable when someone touches me. It's not like I was acting untouchable or something but my past didn't allow me to trust anyone until I know the person closely.

But who was I kidding? People close to you give you the most horrible scar of your life just like my own...mother did to me.

Incidents that happened in my past had made me conserved to myself. So, when in the elevator, the man standing beside me intentionally or unintentionally touched me, I jerked back but I didn't know that I pushed myself into Xavier.

Obviously, he got angry but what could have I done? Firstly, we were in a fully packed elevator where I would never enter on my own. And secondly, the man who stood beside me was making me uncomfortable. I was a little relieved when Xavier asked me to stand on his other side, but the feeling of relief was short-lived as someone from in front pushed into me making me gasp.

And within seconds of that, I was pushed against the elevator wall, trapped between the person who pushed me and the wall. My eyes went wide when I saw the face of that person. It was... Xavier...

Though he wasn't touching me, his close proximity was enough to elevate my heartbeat. He was staring directly into my eyes, making my heartbeat increase even faster. I clutched the file I was holding against my chest tighter.

I didn't get it as to why I got those feelings when he was this close to me. I may have felt different things that I hadn't ever felt before but I never felt uncomfortable around him. And that's strange.

He was staring into my eyes with so much intensity as if he was trying to see through them. I averted my eyes and looked down and just for a second, I looked around and then it dawned on me.

He was protecting me from being touched by others. And that mere thought was enough for my fast beating heart to calm a little.

But again, that calmness was short-lived because his hand touched my cheek. My body tensed under his touch. And I knew my face had turned red as I felt warmness on my cheeks. I didn't dare raise my eyes.

I closed my eyes and they shot open with the ding of the elevator. He immediately pulled away and I too stood straight, not looking at him. After every single person inside the elevator went out then only he exited the elevator, not looking back. I followed him to the car.

The car ride was awkwardly silent until he broke it by asking how I knew the Thai language. And I did what I had never done before, I explained to him how I know it. I told him about my father.

I never, never talked about my father to anyone. He only asked me once and I blurted out about my father to him.

He's making me do many things I hadn't done before.

When he thanked me for helping him in the meeting, I couldn't help but smile because he never thanked me before for anything.

But again that moment was also short-lived because in the next moment he firmly told me to go out of the car.

And when he drove off I made my way into the office building but stopped when I realized one thing...

That was the first-ever normal conversation we had.

I couldn't sleep for the whole night. Throughout the night, the elevator incident images were flashing in front of me. I was restless the whole night and I was restless right now.

When in the morning I went to his office, I tried my best to not look at him. He gave me work to do but I couldn't concentrate on it. I was sure that I would be scolded for not doing work on time.

Sighing, I looked at the time, it was 11:15 am but I hadn't completed proofreading even a single file since nine in the morning.

I averted my eyes from the clock to continue my work but my eyes landed on the file that the IT head gave me the day before that was to be signed by Xavier.

Oh no!!! I totally forgot that.

I stood up from the chair and picking the file, I clutched it tightly with my hands across my chest.

I opened the door of my office and stepped out of it. When I was about to move towards his office someone called me. I looked around to see Scott, Daniel's P.A coming towards my cabin.

"Hey Ariana," he smiled.

"Hello," I greeted him with a smile.

"Is Mr. Knight free? Mr. Adams asked me to bring Mr. Knight's signature on these documents." He said pointing at the files in his hand.

"Oh, I am also heading to his office. You can come with me." I said, tapping my fingers on the files I was clutching against my chest. If he'll come with me it'll be a little less awkward to face him.

"Okay," he replied.

I was about to move when his phone rang.

"Oh, Ariana, I have to take this. You go, I'll after taking the phone call,"  he said.

Uh oh! I have to face him alone. Don't worry Ari... Scott will come inside just in few seconds.

"No problem," I said.

I knocked on my boss's office and with a "come in" I entered. He was busy typing on his computer.

"Sir, IT head passed me these documents which are to be signed by you," I said placing the file on his desk.

He glanced at files and then looked at me then averted his eyes but he did a double-take on me. He sucked a breath and opened his mouth to say something.

"What the he..." he was cut off by the knock on the door and he said "come in" but immediately cursed "fuck" making me flinch.

"Mr.Knight, Daniel sir..." Scott's voice was cut off by Xavier.

"Stay right there, Scott." Xavier almost shouted as he stood up from the chair hastily and walked past me only after whispering harshly in my ear.

"Don't you dare turn around."

I stood there, rooted in my place. What did I do now? I dare not to turn around. I just stood there listening to their conversation they were doing behind me.

Scott left the office after Xavier instructed some work to him. But my heartbeat elevated when I heard the click sound of locking of the door.

And within seconds my arm was grabbed and I was turned around harshly.

"What the hell you think you are wearing?" He seethed in anger making me flinch at the intensity of his voice.

I started trembling and looked at him in confusion. I didn't get him, I was only wearing my regular clothes. That is trousers and a shirt.

"I d..do.. don't know what are you talking about." I stammered.

"Don't know? Look at your shirt. The top three buttons of your shirt are open and your black bra is on the display." He seethed, running his fingers frustratingly through his hair.

I looked down at my shirt and gasped when I saw the open buttons of my shirt which made my bra visible. I immediately clutched both corners of the shirt to close it and turned around. My face flushed red. I was so embarrassed.

I tried to close the buttons but they were not at their place. Oh no! Buttons are broken. What am I gonna do now?

He again grabbed my arm and again turned me around to face him. This time he didn't let go of my arm. I was still clutching my shirt with my hands.

"Don't you know what's happening with your clothes or you did it on purpose..huh? What were you trying to do, Huh? Wanted to grab attention by showing off your skin? If you aren't aware let me tell you that there's a dresscode you have to follow when at work." He stated angrily.

I could feel tears starting to form in my eyes. His harsh voice made me wince, but I didn't let the tears fall. How could he accuse me of something like that?

"Have you met anyone since the morning?" To my surprise, this time his voice was calmer.

I immediately shook my head in no. I hadn't met anyone since I sat in my office. I just met Scott but at that time the file I had been holding was covering my chest.

He sighed out loud, rubbing his palms on his face.

"What are you doing now? Just fucking close those buttons." He snapped.

"I... I... ca.. can't. Buttons ar... are bro...broken." I said frighteningly.

"I..I have a spare sh..shirt in my office," I said, walking towards the door.

"Where do you think you are going now?" He asked in a hard voice.

"To ch..change in another shirt."

"Where?" He asked.

"In my office," I replied.

"It's not what I am asking. Where do you keep your spare shirt?" He asked. I looked at him in confusion.

"Didn't you hear me? Where?" He asked again.

"It's in the cabinet placed left to my desk," I mumbled.

"Stay here," he said and walked out of his cabin.

And within a few seconds, he came back with the shirt and threw it at me, I caught it with my one hand.

"Go, change in that bathroom," he said pointing towards the bathroom in his office.

I immediately rushed towards the bathroom and get changed into a new shirt. When I came out of the bathroom he was standing near the window, looking outside. His hands were in his pant pockets.

"Th..thank you," I said in low voice, looking down at my feet.

He turned and approached me but stopped a hand distance away from me.

"Next time make sure to check your clothes." He said in a hard voice. I just nodded my head, still not looking at him.

"Look at me when I am talking to you!" He snapped annoyingly. I immediately looked up to meet his eyes.

He was about to say something when the door of his office barged open.

"Hey.. Xav... Oh, Princess, you are here. I was looking for you in your office." Daniel's voice rang in my ears.

I sighed in relief. Now I will be saved.

"Is something wrong?" Daniel asked walking towards us.

"No. Everything is fine. I was just putting some sense in her brain." Xavier said sarcastically and I winced at his words.

"What's wrong?" Daniel asked, looking at me.

I looked at him and replied "nothing".

His gaze traveled between Xavier and me suspiciously.

"What do you want, Dan?" Xavier asked irritatedly.

"Oh, I just need her help with some work. If you don't have any work with her then can I take her with me." Daniel asked Xavier.

Xavier sighed out loud and said "yes".

"Okay then... let's go, princess," Daniel said, walking back towards the door. I walked out with him, not daring to look back.

_________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 5K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
56K 1.5K 39
"I love you so much, darling. But you need to learn that you won't be going anywhere. You're mine." With that being said, his other hand slides down...
2.2M 131K 53
Entangled Book #2 Life is short; it should be full of fun. These are the words of Daniel Adams. Daniel Adams is playful, joyous, and is full of life...
28.1K 1.1K 97
Meet Sarah, 20 years, a sweet and tender-hearted young girl, who, despite facing the harshness of life, always puts others' needs before her own. Her...