Concrete Rose

By _therealdesiree

Ryan was just getting over a bad breakup when she met Dave. He charmed her and she fell for him. But what hap... More

Characters.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16
17.
18.
19.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
PSA ‼️‼️‼️

20.

7.1K 256 23
By _therealdesiree

Dave.

It was around 11:30 when I started cleaning up the front of the house. I was in the middle of washing dishes when my phone went off letting me know I received a text.
It was from my nigga Ghost, he basically told me to make sure Ry is ready for this shower in a couple of days. Ryan was almost 7 months pregnant and I know my poor baby was physically exhausted from the strain that's being put on her body. I went upstairs to check on her and she was asleep, so after I finished down here I was gonna set up the crib in Kairi's room. Since I was slowly tryna ease my way out the drug game I had plans on opening up another business, me and my team had been talking about a strip club. But that was gonna have to be put on pause until my child gets here. I was washing dishes and just as I finished I knew it was time for me to take my ass to bed. I took a quick shower and climbed into the bed dozing off.

(THE NEXT MORNING)

Ryan

When I woke up the next morning I went into the bathroom to relieve my bladder. After I flushed the toilet I washed my hands and started brushing my teeth, I felt myself gag and I hoped I wouldn't throw up. When I took a swig of mouthwash I started to cleanse my face. While I sat and scrolled on my phone Dave got up and went in the bathroom, I quickly followed behind him to spit out the mouthwash but I was gonna wait til he came out to wash off my face. From what I knew babe didn't have to work today so I hoped we could just chill for the day.
I gathered my outfit for the day, and waited. About 10 minutes later he came out and I went in, I rinsed off my face and moisturized. "You work today?" I asked coming out the bathroom. He looked up at me and nodded,"Yeah, just gotta get some shit done since its been a minute since I've been up there." I nodded and started to get dressed,"Alright. Call me when you make it there." I said pecking his lips. "I will, I love you." he said now dressed and slipped on his shoes. "Love you too." I said as he headed out. I would call Brooke to see if she wanted to hang out but I know she was probably busy with Chris. I've been having a hard time being by myself sometimes, especially since its almost time. But I didn't wanna hold Dave basically hostage mainly because he does have to run a business and that's just something I gotta accept. Not only that I know once Kairi gets here, he would have to be home more. I walked into her nursery and was in awe, I had no idea that he put the crib together. I was glad he did that so now all we had to do was finish getting other little things that are gonna be needed. I did have an appointment later, and it sucked that Dave wouldn't be able to make it but I knew he was just doing what he needed to. It was around 10am and I haven't made my way downstairs to eat yet, I knew it was only a matter of time before I started feeling nauseous. I went downstairs to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator, I was tired of eating sandwiches and chips. And what I really wanted I couldn't eat, I was craving sushi but I knew that I would be putting my child in harms way by eating that so I was gonna have to just wait.
I ordered takeout and while I waited I caught up on my ratchet reality TV shows. There was a knock on the door, and when I opened the door it was the pizza delivery guy. He handed me the food and I handed him $20, after I closed the door I sat down at the table. I quickly dug in while it was still hot, I ate the entire pizza and was still kinda hungry. Over the last couple of months I've been insecure with my body cause I eat so much, and I slowly started to feel a certain way. Dave has been super supportive of my new body, and I'm happy that he isn't judgmental about it. I started to have heart burn and I knew it was from the red sauce,"lord all this heartburn my baby better not be baldheaded." I cleaned up the little mess I made, I laid on the couch waiting for the this pain to subside. Time was winding down for the arrival of Kairi and I was slowly becoming anxious.

Dave

As the work day went on I found myself wrapped up in all this paperwork. It's been a couple days since I smoked and my nerves have been on 10. Ghost been running things at the trap for the last couple of weeks and so far so good.
As time went by I realized I want more for myself, I mean I have a baby on the way. I've barely spoken to my grandma the last couple of days but I still have been sending money. I really want this shit to work between Ryan and her. So after this shower tomorrow, I could try to get them together once again and hope for the best.
I wrapped up my day at the office and made my way home to my girl.

Ryan

I spent majority of my day talking to people via email about the start of my business. Basically venders and people who can make websites, and designers. I was excited for the future as a business woman, but I would have to hire an assistant to help packaging, labeling and shipping cause I wouldn't be able to do it all by myself. I knew that I had been more than patient with Dave about the start of the business but I think it's time to get this plan in motion.
"I'm home!" I heard him yell walking in. "In the living room!" I said letting him know where I was. I heard his footsteps coming closer and he sat on the same couch as me. He took my foot in his hand and started massaging it, "So whatchu did today?"
I shrugged,"Nothing really had emails with people who's willing to help me you know start my business." I said easing into this conversation. He looked at his phone,"Ry, you know you're almost due so can we talk about this in a few years." I looked at him shocked that he just completely brushed me off, I snatched my foot from him. "Dave you said that we could get started on it sooner rather than later." I said with a frown. "But you should be focused on the arrival of Kairi. Don't start doing this shit Ry." he said. "Really? Don't start doing this shit? I put my entire life on pause for this." I pointed to the 2 of us. "But the second I bring up the start of my business it's a problem. I'm going to start my shit with or without your support." I said walking away. "Ryan you starting this business will cause an issue between me and you." Dave said following up behind me.
"Well I guess we now have an issue." I said slamming the door behind me.
I felt myself becoming sad cause out of all the shit we've been through I've supported him through everything, but I can't get the same thing back? I wiped the tears that fell from my face. I wanted him to be apart of the whole process but now I know that I don't have his support so that just made things more stressful.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 5.1K 43
read and find out💃🏽.
27.5K 614 23
David Brewster, a New York gangsta, has always been running the streets. The streets is all he knows. Alexis Bryant, a single mother, is a local str...
296K 8.6K 40
She has a secret and He doesn't like liars. What happens when their worlds come together?
897 27 10
Last summer, you and Dave, a friend of the family and "guy from the neighborhood", had a sweet-and-sexy fling. Things end abruptly and in the weeks t...