Voltron one shots

By uselessmoth

You all know the drill (I own none of the characters More

Heeeeyyyyyy
Moving on
Beer Pong boy
*insert clever chapter title*
It started with a whisper
Galaxy Eyes
Souls
Keep on dreaming
Oh god
Okay! Fine!

We're protecting each other

10 0 0
By uselessmoth

Word count: 1329

Screaming was all she could concentrate on. The Paladins shouting for each other, Coran's voice calling her own name. Her father's dying screams. The ones she had never heard. It made her yearn for his love and comfort in this hardship.

She hasn't cried yet but maybe this is the time too. The closest thing she has to a family is in pain. It's all her fault, nothing good ever comes for her. She's a burden to everyone around her. If only she could reach her bayard.

Why was she even here, what was attacking them again?

She couldn't think.

Couldn't act.

Just lie there and listen.

That was Shiro yelling to Pidge.

Hunk to Lance.

Lance to Keith.

Pidge to Hunk.

Nothing but screams from Keith.

Coran was yelling for her.

There was another voice. Breaking through screams and horrid thoughts. Strong and commanding. Yet warm and welcoming. Opening her eyes, to try and uncover what was their saviour.

Her father's death flickered in her eyes. Showing purple flares of magic and a sword clashing with them. Another blur of purple, pink pulsating from the top. It stops, a flash of white when the sword comes in contact with the witch's magic.

"Lotor?" Her voice is croaky. She must have been the screaming she couldn't place as a paladin.

He moves again. Speed increasing and the sound of battle growing. Vision clears completely. Altea is not falling and burning to the ground around her. It is just the castle. Paladins and Coran lying on the floor. Watching the battle in the middle. Well no they're not. All of them crawl to cling to each other in a group hug, Shiro sobbing as he clutches them all tight. Eyes still trained on the battle, however. She knows that was his torturer, messing with his mind and dragging him from his home and family. Coran is sitting still watching, eyes not moving from the two fighting in the middle. Haggar was ruthless with her attacks but so was the prince. sword moving with such force it looked like magic. Just flashes through the air in a blur of silver and purple. The clash and zoom of the sword and magic collided in the air were almost deafening.

She saw her scattered bayard from her. Blue and black standing out from the white flooring of the castle. Lotor was a brilliant fighter but the speed he was attacking with and the strong counterattacks, speed costs a lot more energy.

Staggering to her feet, gripping the bayard in her hand tightly. Feeling the rush of it changing into her whip. The laser curling around the floor. The sound causing the paladins and Coran to look up at her. Haggar's back was facing towards her, perfect for an attack of her own. Raising it above her head and bringing it down hard. Lashing the witch's cloaked shoulder. Startling the prince himself, a proud and happy smile growing on his lips.

Haggar turned, sneering at her. Teeth sharp like the galra. All signs of Altean heritage melting away, just her broke red marks.

"You." She hissed, eyes glowing yellow.

Standing firm and trying to ignore the searing pain in her leg.

"I'll make sure you get to watch them die. Then when you're begging for mercy I'll give you a slow and painful death. Just like you're pathetic father."

Lotor attacked from behind. The witch knew and moved swiftly. The momentum was still there as he ran towards her. Siding stepping him fast, the blade barley missing. 

"You can even fight me without risking other's lives. How do expect to win against my power? You are both useless and Lotor, I thought better of you to attack you're own mother."

The half altean's eyes flashed dangerously. Cheeks starting to glow from the stress.

"You are not my mother. You are merely the shell of what she once was. I have no objection against destroying you. Black paladin, get everyone out of here. I'll deal with this myself."

Both Shiro and Keith began to help the other Paladins up. Coran shooting a desperate look at her before going to help the others. Lance was lifted by Hunk while Keith leaned heavily on Shiro's arm.

"Allura, I mean you too."

She watched as he attacked again. Haggar dodging perfectly. Lotor staggering to a halt on the other side. Breathing heavily.

"I'm not leaving you." She lashed out with the laser. Missing.

"Yes you are. Understand that this is between me and her." He spat.

Rage filled her body. This was a fight between mother and betrayed son but she wanted justice as well. She aided Zarkon with the genocide of her people. Lotor could kill her, she didn't give a single quiznak if she lived or died, but she wanted her two cents worth.

"Allura!"

She used the laser to grapple onto a structure to swing out of harms way. It was messy and ended up toppling into Lotor's waiting arms. His sword was pressed against her back as he caged her in. Eyes never leaving the woman in the centre of the room.

"Look at that. Lotor, you've gone soft. Fallen in love with that Altean brat. The very reason you're father is dead and our planet destroyed." 

Lotor gritted his teeth and released her. She readied the whip again. Hoping if the two had another spat she might be able to attack without her noticing.

"You leave her out of this! I don't care, my father is dead because of me! Not her! He was never my father in the first place! Family is not defined by blood. You may be my mother but I will never think of you as that title."

Perfect. If they kept accusing each other about things, it would leave her vulnerable.

Lotor must of sensed her plan. He pushed on the witch. Taunting, causing her to retaliate. He charged at her once again. Side stepping easily and hitting him down to the ground. Standing over him.

"You will never be my mother, Haggar."

"I'm glad then. I would never want a-" she slammed magic into his stomach. "Pathetic." Again. "Son." Again. "Like you."

She raised her arms again to finish the job. Now.

Curling the whip around the witch's hands and dragging across her the floor. The laser digging into her wrists and she wailed loudly.

"This is for my family. My mother and father. My fallen Alteans. The Paladins of old and new. Coran. And the mother that Lotor deserves."

Lotor sprinted across the room. Sword driving in a downwards arc into the chest of the witch as her whip sliced through her wrists. Her dying screams filled the quiet atmosphere.

It was like the sword stole the evil from her. Purple skin fading into a light brown and the red Altean marks turned to the normal half moons. The cold glowing yellow faded back into a gentle colour.

Lotor gasped and pulled his sword from her hurriedly. It clattered to the ground. He followed after to his knees.

"It's over." He said softly.

"Yes." She confirmed in a gentle voice.

"I killed both my parents. Does that make me?" His voice trailed off.

"They were not your parents Lotor. They were once but this," she waved to the body. "This is not them. You deserved more than them, my love."

He fell into her arms. Wrapping his own around her waist. She couldn't tell if her was crying. Her own arms cradled his head.

"My love." She had nothing more to say to help him. All she had to give was support and love.

"Please don't leave me. I don't want to be like them." His voice was filled with cracks and sounded wet.

Her heart broke inside her chest. His plea was a horrible thing to hear from anyone in the world.

"I won't."

It wasn't exactly a promise. Yet it was what he needed.

______________________________________________
I'm never writing in that style again
And if I do
Please don't hesitate to shoot me
~ladydragon

Bye ghosts, I love you ~Shane

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 54.5K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
858K 19.5K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
598K 30.2K 59
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
255K 16.6K 21
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...