Cold Like Death: Shoto Todoro...

By TeruTategami

One second she was smiling at the cold white bliss, the next she were enveloped in ice and a vision that fade... More

Chapter 1: Frozen In Time
Chapter 3: Pride
Chapter 4: Morning
Chapter 5: The Cool Down
Chapter 6: Dad
Chapter 7: The Family
Chapter 8: The File
Chapter 9: The Gauntlet
Chapter 10: The Trials
Chapter 11: Doppelgangers Galore
Chapter 12: Jealousy
Chapter 13: Home Is Where The Heart Is
Chapter 14: Cherry Blossoms
Chapter 15: Cats & Blind Dates
Chapter 16: Taken For Granted
Chapter 17: The Odds
Chapter 18: Fire & Ice
Chapter 19: The Investigation
Chapter 20: Awakening
Chapter 21: Hide
Chapter 22: Home
Chapter 23: Blue
Chapter 24: The Girl In Need Of A Hero
Chapter 25: Rescue
Chapter 26: Parting Ways
Chapter 27: We're All Connected
Chapter 28: The Final Destination
Chapter 29: The Beginning of the End

Chapter 2: Late Night Sleepover

4.4K 266 187
By TeruTategami

Sad to say, in realization your family wanted nothing to do with your being had your mind breaking apart little by little to the point your body dropped. Shoto had to carry you to bed, marking the occasion as the first time he's ever tucked anyone into bed. He made sure to pull out a heated sheet to blanket your body. If Shoto could feel the cold emanating off your body even through the touch of his warmer side, you were freezing.

Shoto has never felt someone so cold. You were as cold as death. It's hard to believe you're even alive.

Your exhausted angelic face was the last Shoto saw before slowly pulling the guest room's door closed. You're quite a mystery, that's what Shoto had to think. You used to be his father's girlfriend, but you're so nice and sweet! How did you two ever end up together?

Of topic! Your parents just shunned you from the family! "I don't understand anything..." Shoto sighed whipping out his phone. He began to Google ways to comfort people at a time of loss and great change. Everything just simply said that love, support and interacting with friends and family would help any broken heart but Shoto can't do anything! However... One person does come to mind when it comes to putting smiles on people's faces.

His thumb tapped the green telephone button on the screen and pressed the screen to his ear.

Bzzt...

Bzzt...

Bzzt...

"Todoroki, It's late. Did something happen? You haven't came back to the dorms," the uneasy boy filled to the brim with worry muttered.

"Midoriya... Wanna come over to my house for a sleepover? I need your help with something," Shoto glanced back at the door to your room.

"I really shouldn't... We have school tomorrow."

"Look... I really need your help. Girl... Problems?" How else is Shoto supposed to describe his problem?

"Then I definitely can't help," Midoriya was becoming flustered on his end.

"Consider us even from the time I saved you from Stain-"

"F-fine I'll come over bye!!!" Midoriya hung up within the second. What Shoto didn't understand was that Midoriya was assuming he was asking for help with picking up a girl.

Midoriya came over within the hour with a bag full of clothes and belongings. "Girl problems?" The boy of bushy green hair asked.

"Um... Yeah?" Shoto still didn't have the words even after given the time to think everything over. "Have you watched the news today?"

"I just got back from my internship when you called," Midoriya wore an awkward smile.

"Kirishima and I... We dug out the girl from the frozen lake earlier and it turns out she isn't dead," Shoto escorts Midoriya to your room and allows the door to open just enough to let any wandering eyes peek through.

"Whoa..." Midoriya awed. "So that's what Kirishima was going on about at the dorms."

"She's my dad's ex of all things," now that fact was something Shoto won't be putting down anytime soon.

"Back up!" Midoriya jumped and closed the door immediately. "She looks our age maybe er- slightly older? She dated your dad how long ago?"

"She's sixteen like us but she froze herself in the ice thirty years ago. That's when they were together."

"And you like this girl? I'm sorry but if I knew my dad was with a girl before-"

"I don't like her like that Midoriya," Shoto gave away a near disgusted yet confused glare.

Midoriya swallowed the lump that formed in his throat. "Then... What's the girl problem?"

"Her parents are still living, but they want nothing to do with her. I don't know how to help let alone support her but you always somehow know what to do."

"That's horrible," Midoriya frowned. "I guess... Just let the girl know that she isn't alone, that she has you. So far, you're the only one who cares about her... I think. You did drag me here so that shows you care to some extent."

"I'm bad at expressing my emotions but I can do that." Midoriya cracked up. "What?" Shoto furrowed his brow.

"You aren't wrong about your emotions... That's all I got to say," Midoriya felt refreshed getting that off his chest. Shoto normally is pretty bland. He's quiet and inner kept, sometimes he says things he really shouldn't cause Shoto isnt aware of his wrongdoings. When his father is mentioned, that's the only time Shoto's emotions would come pouring out. Mainly anger and annoyance, but its something besides snarky comments and the constant need to nap.

The boys continued to talk throughout the night until one had fallen asleep. Although the boys had an alarm clock set for when they should wake up and head to school, the man of the house, Endeavor, had came home roaring up a storm all to find his youngest son.

"Shoto! Shoto!" Endeavor called.

Shoto groggily got out from his bed and headed for the door. Midoriya hasn't exactly registered that he was awake yet. "It's a bit early for this..." Shoto hissed after peeking his head out the door.

His dad was a few doors down the hall but spun around. He wasn't in uniform for a change. "Shoto, Where's (Y/n)? Did you take care of her like I told you?"

"She's sleeping as far as I know," Shoto yawned. Your room was just across from his own and you were wide awake as you slid the door open and death glared Enji. "She's awake now and it's your problem now." Shoto was about to close himself back up into his room and sleep out the rest of the time before his alarm, but he wants to see how this was all gonna play out. He even motioned for Midoriya to come and watch.

You're not very happy to say the least, you began to cross your arms as you stood behind your towering ex. Your body began to shake. However, nobody was very sure what the shaking was. It could've been shivering cause you're always cold or you were shaking with anger. Maybe both? "Thirty years later and you still can't use a damned indoor voice?" Your voice was dark.

"Excuse me?" Enji turned around to face you.

"Honey, I might've been asleep for the last thirty years but any man should know better than to disrupt a woman's beauty sleep," honestly you're not very sure why you're so sleepy. You're gonna assume it was from crying your balls off the night before.

"You're not even a woman yet," Enji snapped.

"I'm forty six!" You squawked.

Enji lowered himself for his face to be semi level with yours. "You're technically forty six when you're really sixteen."

"I've gone through alot Dick Ass!!!" You were butting heads with the fiery man.

"Watch it!!!"

"I like her..." Shoto just loved how you were so upfront disrespectful of his jackass father.

"I can see why he used to like her," Midoriya connected the dots with ease. He also began to think that Bakugou would get a kick out of you too.

"I'm done here and I thought I was doing a good thing by checking up on you," Enji began to stomp away.

"No you aren't! I got SO many questions for your ass."

"Then fire away before I do."

"Have you communicated with my parents since I went under?" Your temper ceased. The tears were in your eyes again.

"I haven't... Why do you ask?" Enji was visually confused. "If you want to go back home I can do that."

"Its the opposite actually," no sense in going home anymore. "My parents think I ran away with you. Now they want nothing to do with me."

"And why would they think that?" With a slight growl, Enji's facial hair flared up in flames.

"Is this your mom?" Midoriya spoke up out of the blue after walking around Shoto's room. He was trying to ignore the argument to the best of his ability. A picture frame hanging upon the wall had caught Midoriya's attention. It was a tired older woman, but her beauty had this mystifying youthfulness behind it. She had gentle tired eyes and long hair as white as freshly fallen snow.

Shoto stood beside Midoriya, it was his favorite picture of his mother. "That's her," Shoto grinned.

"She's pretty," Midoriya awed. "Was your parents wedding public?"

"I don't know..." Shoto didn't care enough to know in the first place.

"Boy... Why do you ask?" Enji crossed his arms before Midoriya.

"Your wife and (Y/n) look sort of similar. Do you think (Y/n)'s parents thought that your wife was (Y/n)?" Midoriya's possibility wasn't all that far off. It even got Shoto to leave and come back with him dragging you behind him and positioning you next to his mother's photograph.

"They're both beautiful..." Shoto complimented both girls. The comment brought a dusty blush upon your cheeks. "I see no other similarity besides their beauty and hair. (Y/n)'s hair isn't even naturally white either... Why is your hair mostly white anyways?" He asked of you.

"Its my quirk. Depending on the temp of my body, my hair turns white," your hair was still vastly white other than the differently colored roots. You're still freezing even after being excavated from the ice more than ten hours ago.

"Is it almost always white?" Shoto tilted his head.

"Unfortunately..." You sigh.

"Then... I think Midoriya's right," Shoto sighed alongside you. Your parents must've mistaken his mother for you. He picked up a blanket offering it over to you, Shoto doesn't want to see you with white hair anymore.

"Thank you," you took the blanket from Shoto's grasp.

"This is all my mess," Enji growled some more. "(Y/n), I'm technically responsible for you drowning in the lake. My choice in a wife caused even more problems on your end. My home is yours."

"If only you were this nice to me," Shoto spoke out of turn.

Enji glared at his son. "Shouldn't you be at school?"

"If it means getting away from you."

"Good thing we never married," you spoke to yourself with a snicker.

"Take (Y/n) with you. She used to go to UA," Enji ordered.

"So many things have changed you're gonna love it there!" Midoriya rambled on and on to you. You found him to be a little charming. Midoriya was so polite and hospitable. Nothing like Shoto though, he's also nice and he seems to regularly put your needs before himself. You love how he doesn't mind that you'd cling to his side for warmth.

"Guess we're all going to school then," Shoto motioned for your hand. You took his hand the second he asked. The warmth from his hand was like holding your hand over a pot of boiling water and the steam would tickle your flesh. He made sure to get you another change of clothes for the day from Fuyumi, made sure that everyone got breakfast besides his father. Afterwards was the journey to UA. Shoto made sure you were warm by letting you cling onto him once again. Midoriya was chattering up a storm with you while Shoto would listen in periodically.

Shoto's mind was almost entirely filled with thoughts about you. Shoto's annoyed with how his father dumped your responsibility onto him, but overal couldn't really care less about the matter. He loved your personality. You're gentle yet feisty when you need to be. You go with the flow and did whatevers necessary. How you deal with Enji is Oh so satisfying. Shoto would talk that way to him on a daily basis yet you're the only one who can get to the fiery tyrant. Shoto can't tell if it his sense of responsibility to help you that's making his heart flutter or if you're the first girl to appeal to his better interest.

The same was said from you to him. Shoto is the version of Enji you never got to see. Shoto was quiet, selfless yet he could retaliate towards those he disapproves.

You both shared one other thought that had a minor variation.

Is it wrong to like my dad's ex?

Is it wrong to like my ex's son?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 943 35
"You know, optimistic fools die early but...I like your confidence so I'll let it slide." ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ A broken gi...
271K 5.9K 62
todoroki x reader [completed] PLEASE STOP READING THIS IT'S SO CRINGE AND I WROTE IT WHEN I WAS A LITERAL CHILDπŸ’€πŸ’€ ALSO THERE ARE SO MANY PLOTHOLES...
165 0 17
WARNING: Sad subjects, $uicidal/depressing subjects Shoto Todoroki, slowly progressing to socialize more. Learning day by day, has been talking and o...
22.8K 650 18
Todoroki Hanako is Shoto's twin sister. While Shoto was blessed with two quirks, Hana only fully developed ice, creating toxic favoritism from Endeav...