Ineffable | Ninjago x Reader

By nishfuyu

ɪɴᴇꜰꜰᴀʙʟᴇ: ᴛᴏᴏ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴏʀ ᴇxᴛʀᴇᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴇxᴘʀᴇꜱꜱᴇᴅ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇꜱᴄʀɪʙᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ. Being the twin sister of Jay walker is... More

Rise of the snakes
Home
Snakebit
Never trust a snake
Can of worms
The snake king
Tick tock
Once bitten, twice shy
The Royal Blacksmiths
The green ninja
All of nothing
Rise of the great devourer
Day of the great devourer
Darkness shall rise
Pirates vs. ninja
Double trouble
Ninjaball run
Child's play
Wrong place, wrong time
The stone army
The day Ninjago stood still
The last voyage
Island of darkness
The last hope
Return of the overlord
Rise of the spinjitzu master
The surge
The art of the silent fist
Blackout
The curse of the golden master
Enter the digiverse
Codename: Arcturus
The void
The titanium ninja
The invitation
Versus
Ninja roll
Spy for a spy
Spellbound
The forgotten element
The day of the dragon
The greatest fear of all
The corridor of elders
Winds of change
Ghost Story
Stiix and Stones
The Temple on Haunted Hill
Peek-a-boo
Kingdom Come
The Crooked Path
Grave Danger
Curseworld, part I
Curseworld, Part II
Fangirl Plague
Infamous
Public Enemy Number One
Enkrypted
Misfortune Rising
On a Wish and a Prayer
My dinner with Nadakhan
Wishmasters
Operation Land Ho!
The Way Back
Day of The Departed
The Hands of Time
The Hatching
A Time of Traitors
Scavengers
A Line in the Sand
The Attack
Secrets Discovered
Pause and Effect
Out of the Fire and Into the Boiling Sea
Lost in Time
The Mask of Deception
The Jade Princess
The Oni and the Dragon
Snake Jaguar
Dead Man's Squall
The Quiet One
Game of Masks
Dread on Arrival
True Potential
Big Trouble, Little Ninjago
Firstbourne
Iron & Stone
Radio Free Ninjago
How to Build a Dragon

Only one can remain

4.6K 96 407
By nishfuyu

Season 4, episode 2.

Words: 3,8K

The ferry arrived at Chen's island, with the elemental masters watching.

"Look at that." Cole said, amazed.

"Awesome." Kai gasped.

"Let me see." Karloff grunted, pushing the master of fire.

"Do you mind?" He scowled, annoyed.

Clouse's people pulled out a plank and placed it down, making it available to walk on the island. "Welcome to Chen's Island. The tournament of elements welcome its brave fighters. Master Chen will be pleased you've returned, Sensei Garmadon." Clouse nodded, walking towards the temple.

"The pleasure is all mine, Clouse."

"I'm sure it is."

"Definitely feeling some tension between you two." Jay whispered in Garmadon's ear.

"Yeah, and how is it we're on an island I've never seen on any map?" The red ninja asked.

"And care to explain how the face to Ninjago's most popular is secretly assembling an underground fighting tournament?" Cole added, frowning.

"Master Chen used to be a friend. Now he's a traitor. During the serpentine wars, Chen turned against his own kind and sided with the treacherous snakes."

"The battle you and uncle Wu fought together in? He was an enemy?" Lloyd asked, surpised.

"He used deception to divide the Elemental Masters. We barely defeated the serpentine, and in a deal for his surrender, Chen was to never leave this island. Little did we know, he'd begin to build his criminal empire from here." Garmadon explained, as they walk towards the temple as well.

"He may have divided our ancestors, but he's not gonna divide us." Y/n smiled, as Skylor walked off the ferry lastly.

"Uh...ladies first." Kai muttered and awkwardly pushed the ninja aside. After Skylor passed them, he spoke up again; "Fire will melt her icy heart. Just wait." 

Garmadon sighs, as everyone stops in front of the door.

"This is a big island. could be anywhere. Keep an eye out." Cole informed, as the doors opened and everyone walked in.

"So this is the house that noodles built." Jay said, chuckling.

"Ha! Always wanted to go to a red carpet event." Y/n added.

"Chen lives like a king. Here, he's totally self-sufficient. The only way on or off this island is with his permission, which you have to earn." Garmadon stated, walking in.

"You never told me about this place. How do you know so much about this island?" Lloyd asked.

"Because before Chen was my enemy, he was my Sensei." Sensei shows them his anacondrai tattoo.

The elemental masters arrive inside the palace and sit in a circle. "You never told me you had a Sensei." The green ninja whispered to his father.

"When I was your age, I sought a darker means of guidance. He taught me to win at all cost, no matter who I hurt. It wasn't until you saved me that I saw the light."

Jay spoke up from Garmadon's other side, "Uh, apparently he also never taught you to have a sense of humor. Lighten up, we're in an underground fight club. This is supposed to be fun."

One of his men bangs a gong and a gramophone plays music.

"All rise for Master Chen." Clouse bowed, making the elemental masters stand up.

"Welcome to the Tournament of Elements. Now everyone can all die." The door sudden closes and everyone gasps. "-rect your attention to me!" Chen laughs.

Everyone went to sit again, "I forgot to mention he has a penchant for theatrics." Garmadon whispered.

Chen laughs, "Never before have so many Elemental Fighters been under one roof. I see Master of Fire, Earth, Wind, Shadow, Speed, even a prophesied green ninja. And a former pupil has returned." He points to the gong. "This symbol before you is for the Anacondrai, fiercest Serpentine warrior to ever roam this land. Its creed: "Only one can remain."" He finished and the gong opened, showing who had to fight against who.

Kai smiled slightly, "Good, looks like we're each in our own bracket. We won't have to face each other for a while."

The bord showed that Kai had to fight against Ash, Jay against Paleman, Cole against Shade, Lloyd against Camille and Y/n against Gravis. There was one player who had a free round, this being Griffin Turner.

"Better find Zane before that happens." Lloyd said to Kai.

"The speedster's lucky." Y/n whispered to Cole, who sat next to Turner himself.

Chen motioned to Clouse to take out a jadeblade, "Behold, a jadeblade. Here, it represents life. Obtain it, move on. Allow your opponent to take it, loser. The rules are simple. Every match will be different. No two fights will be the same. Your powers will keep you in the Tournament. Use it or lose it."

"Hm, what does Karlof win?" Karlof asked.

"Win and stay on the island. Win it all, and you'll receive fortunes beyond your wildest dreams, and lifetime supply of Master Chen noodles. But no one is here because of noodle. You want the glory of being the greatest fighter in all of Ninjago!" Chen informed and everyone but the Ninja cheer.

"And what happens if they lose?" Garmadon asked, suspicious.

"Lose? Who here likes to lose? Now please, enjoy my island. It's a super fun happy place. Hahaha. Fun time on me."

"You'll now each be shown to your rooms." Clouse declared and a group of kabuki walked out a door. The elemental masters stand up, each getting a kabuki walking to them.

"Ah, just what this place needs. Creepy clowns." Jay sighed.

"Not clowns. Kabuki, Chen's jesters." Garmadon corrected the blue ninja.

"Yeah, well, whatever they are, I don't like them." Cole said, getting dragged to his room by a kabuki.

"So much for staying together." Y/n muttered, as she gets dragged by a kabuki towards a room.

"Always be ready. Never lose focus." Garmadon said, but was inaudible for the ninja.

"What? Uh, what did he say?" Kai asked Jay, who's room was a level higher.

"I don't know. Something about, uh, mucus?" Jay shrugged, getting dragged into his room.

Y/n's room was a level higher then Lloyd's, Cole's and Jay's. Kai was the other one to be a level lower than the rest.

"Your wind suite, master Y/n." The kabuki spoke for the first time, as she pushed the purple ninja into the purple room. She looked around, first seeing a picture of the team. The second thing she saw was the huge tv, hanging in the middle of the room. Another thing that caught her attention was the soft bed and the balcony. She walked towards the doors of the balcony, but stopped by seeing a gi hanging in a closet. She tried it on and smiled, liking it.

Y/n walked onto the balcony, seeing another elemental master standing there. She decided to keep quiet, unless the other person started talking.

'The best way to defeat an enemy is by making them your friend.' The voice in Y/n's head spoking, startling the master of wind. 

"So now you're quoting Wu. Have you known him?" Y/n whispered, but loud enough for her neighbor to hear.

"You okay there?" He asked, looking at her direction, "Or are you hearing things?"

The purple ninja kept quiet, not wanting to make a conversation. She smiled sheepish at the master in front of her.

"Doll? You okay?" He asked again, getting concerned.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." She looked at the ground, "And I'm not hearing things." She chuckled nervously, wanting to get back into her room immediately.

'You're totally hearing things. And yes, I knew Wu.'

"Shade, master of shadow." He introduced himself, "And I'm talking to one of those famous ninja, isn't it?"

"Whoever you are, please shut up." Y/n whispered through gritted teeth, before answering Shade, "Y/n, master of wind. And I wouldn't consider ourselves famous."

"You're the only elemental masters Ninjago knows about." Shade chuckled slightly, earning a small glare from the master of wind.

"Honestly, we didn't know there were others either." Y/n told the master of shadow.

"Fellow fighters, hidden around my island are enough Jadeblades for every participant except for one. The one who returns to the palace arena empty-handed loses. The tournament begins...now!" Chen announced over the coms, earning gasps from everyone. 

Y/n runs into her room, just like Shade ran into his. The purple ninja then raced out of her suite, searching for a jadeblade. She saw Lloyd below her fighting some others and Cole coming out of his room. Cole looked into a direction and she followed his eyes, seeing a jadeblade. She decided to let the master of earth get that one, searching for one herself.

 Y/n jumped down two levels, being on the one Cole saw the jadeblade. She walked down another one, being on the ground floor. 

Cole's jadeblade got snatched by Turner, just as Y/n saw one behind held by Clouse, who tried to hide it behind his back. She ran towards him and easily used her powers to make the jadeblade fly to her, but it got stopped by Paleman, invisble, getting the jadeblade before it flew into her hands. The master of wind groaned, before running towards the wall. She jumped on it, leaped over the master of light and pushed it out of his hands. 

Paleman made himself visible again and ran towards the jadeblade, which was now laying on the ground.

Just before he could take it, a swirl of wind made it fly into Y/n's hands, who smirked in triumph.

She ran towards Chen, whith Clouse taking it and placing it into a holder. Y/n saw Jay and Lloyd already there, who smiled proudly. 

"Three Jadeblades remaining." Chen announced, just as Paleman ran in, holding one. Clouse took it and placed it into a holder.

"Two Jadeblades remaining." Chen reported. The ninja look at each other nervously, knowing Cole and Kai weren't there yet. A few seconds later, the master of earth ran in, holding a jadeblade. 

"Wait! I got one!" He yelled, giving the blade to Clouse.

"Cole! Whoo-hoo! You made it!" Jay cheered slightly.

"Where's Kai?" Cole asked, looking around.

"Only one Jadeblade remaining." Chen announced, looking around.

After a short while, Karlof walked in, holding a jadeblade. "Hahaha! Karlof wins!" He cheered, talking about himself in thirdperson. Everyone except the Ninja cheer. Kai sneaks up behind the master of metal and unscrews his metal glove. "What?" He gasped.

"Ah, looks like you got a screw loose." Kai steals it and used his powers to fly and put it in the holder. Everyone except Garmadon cheers. Kai looked at Y/n, who smiled proudly, making the master of fire's cheeks turn red.

"We have a loser!" Chen announced, as Karlof screw his metal glove back on.

"That's not fair. He cheated."

"I did what I had to do." Kai shrugged.

"That is not how you win." Garmadon warned Kai.

"Fine, I lose. Karlof never wanted to be on stinking island." Karlof growled, making Chen laugh.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. I guess this worked out for the best. This is goodbye!" He pushes a button, activating a trapdoor under Karlof. He screams as he falls. "As you can see, lose and you are out. Break any rule, you are out. Never bite the hand that feeds you Master Chen delicious noodle! Now rest up. Tomorrow the tournament will recommence."

The next day, the ninja are sitting in a booth, eating.

"At least the chow's good." Cole said, stuffing his face with any food he could get.

"Argh, it's killing me. What's under the trapdoor? What happens when you lose?" Jay asked, freaking out a little bit.

"Don't think about that." Garmadon told the lighting ninja.

"It's all I can think about. I moved on. I feel guilt. These are not good feelings." 

"You think you feel bad? Imaging how I feel. Our mission is simple. Tonight we find Zane and get off this crazy island." Kai interrupted, looking at his plate.

"And just how are we supposed to do that? You heard Chen. Break a rule and we're out. He's not gonna let us roam around." Cole said, his mouth filled with mu shu wu shu.

"Then it's a good thing we're Ninja. Meet me in my room at midnight." The master of fire stated, as Paleman walks up to them.

"You mind if I join you?" He asked.

"Disappear, pal! This is private." Jay scowled, making Paleman turn invisible. Jay sighs, "I know you're still here. I can see your lunch tray." He said and Paleman walked away.

'Make them your friend. Y/n. Make them your friend.' The voice whispered, but got no reply from the girl.

"Wow, Jay, you were really mean." Cole chuckled, making the master of lightning glare at him.

"How am I supposed to know if we can trust him? See what this island is doing to me? It's corrupting me! It has to stop. I'll see you tonight." 

At midnight, Kai opens his door to let Y/n, Lloyd and Cole in. However, Jay came in right when Skylor goes to her balcony. Kai pushes him, causing Jay to yell.

"What was that you said?" Skylor asked, confused.

"Uh, I said w-w-what a beautiful night. Haha." Kai chuckled nervously, glancing at the blue ninja below him, who managed to hold on to the ledge. 

"What do you think happened to Karlof?" Skylor asked again.

"I feel horrible. If I had known what would happen-" The master of fire got cut off by the master of amber.

"You did what you had to do to stay in the Tournament. I'm sorry if I was cold to you earlier. Maybe it's good to have friends."

"Kai!" Jay whisper-yelled.

"Jay, would you stop making that noise?" Kai whisper-shouted back.

"You had asked about my power-" Skylor started, but Kai needed her gone.

"Uh, yeah, oh, it's so cold out." He shivers, "Better call it a night, hehe." The red ninja goes inside, making Skylor do the same.

Y/n walked out and helps Jay. "Sorry he didn't want to help. He's scared Skylor might see him and thinks something weird." She chuckled, walking back insinde with Jay.

"You just had to leave me hanging, huh, Romeo?" Jay asked the red ninja, until seeing his room, "Who-ho-ho-ho. Nice digs."

"I know. His room is so much nicer than mine. Look, chocolate-covered shell peas. I love these." Cole takes the bowl and jumps on Kai's bed. "Oh, and look how soft your pillows are. Man, mine are made of rock. What a crock."

"Your pillows are made of what?" Y/n asked, thinking she heard it wrong.

'Rocks.' The voice whispered, making Y/n mutter a small 'thanks.'

"I didn't say anything-" Cole got cut of by Jay's rambling.

"Okay, it was almost impossible to get here. This place is swarming with guards. Any ideas on how we search the island?"

"We travel by shadow." Y/n suggested, remembering Shade. "Cover every square inch of this place until we find him."

Cole stretched and the bed flipped over.

"The island's big. We'll need to split up." The master of lightning added.

"No, we stick together." Lloyd stated.

The bed flips over again, bringing Cole back up. "Uh, guys, this bed is, uh..."

"Cole, I get it! You like my bed. Would you stop playing around?" Kai scowled.

"I'm a girl." Y/n whined.

"I think I know how we can search the island." Cole smirked, making the others lay down on Kai's bed.

"Okay, I feel ridiculous." Lloyd sighed.

"Ah, you're right. The pillows are soft." Jay snuggled into one of the pillows.

"Is this a joke?" Y/n raised an eyebrow.

"I must've done something to trigger it. I was laying here, then I stretched-" Cole repeated his movements and the bed flips again, making them yell and gasp. They hung onto the bed sheets, looking around, before letting themself down.

"Whoa! Secret passageway! Cool." Jay cheered.

Kai uses Fire to light up the passageway. "Nice work, Cole. Maybe Zane's not on the island, but in it." They hear grunting.

"Quiet. Do you hear that?" Lloyd asked, looking at two holes.

Jay sees them too and saw light coming from two holes and climbs to them. "Oh, secret peep oles. Haha! Super cool. Sounds like someone's fighting on the other side of this wall."

"What do you see? Who's fighting?" Y/n asked.

"It's not a fight. It's Skylor's room. And it looks like she's training." The blue ninja informed.

"Let me see, let me see!" Kai shouted, climbing towards the holes.

"Ah, looks like Kai's got the hots for her." Cole laughed.

"No, she's competition. I just wanna know what powers we're up against. And I like someone else." Kai tries to use the peep holes.

"Ugh, wait your turn." Jay groaned.

" We can at least share."

"Guys, this is an invasion of privacy." Lloyd scowled.

"Ugh, her room doesn't reveal anything about her power." Kai muttered, as she used fire, making the two sneaking ninja gasp.

"What was it? What did you see?"

"She's...Fire..."

"Wait a minute, if we're all descendants of Elemental Masters..." Y/n muttered.

Cole laughs and sings, "Kai's heart is on fire. Kai's heart is on fire. Kai's heart is on fire."

As I told you, I like someone else. Can we please just keep moving?" Kai jumped down, and Cole picked up his chocolate covered peas. "It's like a maze down here. Good thing you're leaving a trail back to our room."

"I'm what?" Cole asked, looking back and seeing the peas on the ground. "Oh, yeah, heh. I meant to do that."

The ninja climb down an unused elevator. They walk down farther until Lloyd sees a tripwire. He stopped Kai and yelled, "Everyone stop! Booby traps."

"Haha! Booby traps. Even cooler. Haha." Jay chuckled, making the others glare at him. "Or, I mean, kinda cool. I mean, they're totally not cool, you know, 'cause they're dangerous."

"From here on out, we have to watch our step."

They hear chanting. "Do you hear that? Everyone be quiet." Kai demanded, and they hide behind a rock. Four anacondrai cultists walk past. They each fought one, except Y/n, who agreed to stay behind and took their outfits. The boys follow them to Chen's ceremony.

'Now you're left behind.'

"I'm not, I agreed to wait." Y/n scowled, sitting against a rock as the boys went to the ceremony.

'Don't you feel left out sometimes? Being the only girl?'

"Not at all, my brother's here and Nya's a girl as well."

'But you don't like Nya anymore.'

"That's right. Ever since she tried to date Cole and broke Jay's heart, I don't like her anymore."

'I know. I know everything you think about.'

"Great, so you know all my secrets?"

'"All secrets"? You only have one. But do you want me to mention it?'

"Go ahead, no one else hears you."

'You like Kai. And you still like Cole. And you can't choose between them.'

Y/n hummed in response, "Now I want to know something about you. You know everything about me. I don't know anything about you."

'I'll tell you something when you're alone, because the boys are about to come around the corner.' It said, and they were true. The boys ran around the corner, screaming. Cole picked the purple ninja up, taking her with him.

They continued running, with Y/n still in Cole's hands, blushing. The earth ninja tripped over the tripwire, closing the door on the Cultists.

"A-ha! Yes!" Kai cheered, until another traps activates. "Oh, no!" They run away.

Kai helps Jay avoid a axe, panting. "That was close." They hear growling.

"That sound." Y/n muttered, looking below them. "Too soon, Jay, too soon!"

"That has got to be the second biggest snake I have ever seen!" Kai yelled, climbing up and running into a notch of the walls, the snake barely biting Jay.

Cole accidently pushed a button and they reenter Kai's room, falling on his bed. "Are we..."

"Yeah, barely."

"Did we just—ow!"

Jay spoke up, "No more sneaking around. From now on, let's just follow the rules."

"Unh! We may not have found Zane, but we found something just as important. This tournament isn't about glory. It's about Chen stealing all of our Elemental Powers." Kai informed Y/n.

"But why? What is he planning?"

"I don't know, but if we're gonna find out and find Zane, we have to play by his rules. Agreed?" Kai asked, making the others nod.

"Agreed."

"Good thing we weren't spotted. That was close." Cole said, as they get ready to head back to their rooms.

"Yeah, too close." Jay shows them a piece of his disguise the snake tore off.

Y/n is leaning on her balcony, waiting for the voice to speak.

"Where are you...?" She asked, just as Shade walked onto his balcony.

"What?" He turned around, facing the master of wind confused.

"I w-was talking to someone else."

"But there's no one else here?"

"There is. There's this voice in my head who I speak to sometimes, and it said it would reveal something about theirself when I was back- would be back in my room."

Shade hummed in reply, thinking she's crazy. 

"I'm not crazy-" Y/n started, but Shade dismissed.

"Whatever, doll. I'm tired and want to take a good rest before the rounds tomorrow." He turned around, opening his door, "Talk to you tomorrow?" He winked, before walking in and closing the door.

'Speaking about awkward.'

"Oh, you shut up."

'I will. After I tell you my name and a reason why I could be in your head.'

"Continue, I'm curious."

'Morro. Previous master of wind. And I know what you think, but we're not related. It's much stranger than you think. I'll tell you everything. Your past. Where your powers come from. And anything you want about your parents. But why I'm in your head, I have no explanation for. Except that we're both a master of wind. That's how far I came in the time I've been here.' 

Hi! It's been a few days. I'm sorry about that, I usually want to update at least once a day. And I've been sick about saying 'voice in Y/n's head' so I decided to finally reveal it. Rather, come up with someone in a few seconds. 

Choose who you want Y/n to end up with: (Only one ending.)

Kai: Comment here;

Cole: Comment here;

Morro: Comment here;

And he's been added to the list, but it'll probably only last in season five then. Unless...

(I honestly think I suck at writing, but ya'll are reading it so I'm continuing this story.)

See you in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 334 14
Just random one-shots of you and Lloyd I promise it gets better Things to know: ---------- • you and Cole are cousins • you are the elemental mast...
148K 4.2K 75
Y/n Elemental Master of Wind always saving the city with her ninja friends what more could go wrong? (Cole x Fem Reader)
4.9K 215 6
alive /əˈlʌɪv/ adjective (of a person, animal, or plant) living, not dead. --- Coming home from a day at your college to find six random people whisp...
18.3K 731 22
╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ─ 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐲𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐢 ...