𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍 π‘πˆπ’πˆππ†Β»...

By melancholyevermore

(SUMMARY INSIDE//KLAUS MIKAELSON//SEASON 3//TVD//COVER BY ME) More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
C A S T
S O U N D T R A C K
00.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
To My Readers

09.

3.6K 145 33
By melancholyevermore

A cup of hot coffee was placed in front of her. Elizandra had her head in her hands; sitting by herself at a booth in a diner just twenty miles outside of Mystic Falls. It was currently 7:33 in the morning and Elizandra hadn't slept since she received the chilling call last night at Klaus' mansion. She had went home right after to pack some things for her drive to Seattle. She had called her friend, Zaiyah — who was watching over Aidan for her —only to find out that she had been murdered. Elizandra could only guess it had to be Milan.

Elizandra's eyes flickered from the coffee that was just placed in front of her, and looked up, only to roll her eyes and groan at the man standing at her table.

"Coffee?" The infamous accented voice had it's groggy morning tone but still found a way to leave a funny feeling in Elizandra's chest that she chose to ignore.

"What're doing here?" She spat.

"You seemed so distraught last night." Klaus responds; still standing.

"So you followed me?"

"Well, I wanted to make sure you were alright."

Her face relaxed a bit, but says, "I can really rip your head off right now and not care how many people are around to see."

"No, you won't." He so confidently remarks with a small smirk on his lips.

"And how're you so sure, hm?"

"Because, by the looks of it, there's a more pressing matter on your plate."

He was right, and she hated him for that. She simply rolls her eyes and grabs the cup of coffee. Klaus smiles and takes the seat across from her. She brings the cup to her lips and smells it.

Klaus frowns at her actions. "Larkspur-free."

Her eyes flicker to his. She almost felt bad he caught her checking the coffee for poison. It had been her first thought, truthfully. But, he is Klaus Mikaelson after all.

"Hm," She hums. She averts her eyes, and takes a sip.

"Where are we headed, love?" He asks nonchalantly whilst brushing some bread crumbs off the table.

She almost choked on her coffee. "We? No." She shakes her head while chuckling. "Thanks for the coffee and checking up on me, but this is my business. So, you can head back to Mystic Falls where Dumb and Dumber are failing to compose a plan to kill you and your family."

Instead of lashing out, Klaus grins even more; finding her demanding-attitude attractive. "So defensive."

"I'm not defensive!" She snaps and furrows her brows.

"Elizandra, let me help you. Whatever the matter is I'm sure I can be of good use."

She takes another sip. She knew he'd be able to help her. Aidan's life was on the line,and with an Original's help there was more of a chance he'd live.

Elizandra lowly growls in defeat, "Fine. But we do this my way."

Klaus grins, "Of course, love."

☾ ✶ ☽

"So, this Milan woman has your boyfriend captive and we are going back to your hometown to rescue the damsel?" Klaus sums it up.

"I can't believe I'll be stuck in a car for over forty-two hours with you." She says under breath. She catches his stare from her peripheral vision. "Oh, did I say that out loud?"

"Oh, come on. This will be fun." He mocks.

"Just last week I almost had you killed, twice. Or three times. I can't remember — point is: this," She gesture between the two of them with her finger, "road trip will not change the fact that I will be apart of the plot of your's and your siblings' deaths."

"So it's a road trip?"

She did a double take at him and scoffs, "Unbelievable."

"Might want to keep your eyes off of me and more on the road." He remarks with a smug smirk.  Elizandra quickly looked back ahead to see she was slowly moving into the other lane. She swerves back into her own, and growls lowly. "Let me take over, you seem to need to catch up on your sleep."

Elizandra laughs, to Klaus' annoyance. "There's absolutely no way I'm closing my eyes in your presence. Maybe if I'd like to die I would take you up on that offer. Besides, even if I did trust you, no one's driving my baby."

"What have I got to do in order to gain your trust, hm?" He raises his brows.

"This isn't some game, Klaus."

"I never said it was, Elizandra."

She rolls her eyes. "Fine." She took a deep breath. "When Aidan is safe and sound, I might reconsider killing you. Might."

"Hm," Klaus grins, "I've always been up for a little challenge. Seriously, though, Elizandra, you need to rest. Unless you want to doze off and drive head on into a semi."

"Seriously, though, Klaus, no. And, anyways, you're immortal; you can't die." She nonchalantly shrugs.

"Very true. But, you, on the other hand aren't immortal and your Direwolf-healing can only recover so much. I very much prefer you alive." He says in all honesty.

She side-eyes him. Maybe he was right, and she could trust him because heck, she was using all her strength in keeping her eyes open. A growl rumbled in her throat as she pulled over to the side.

They exit the car and she shoots him a glare as they passed each other and he shot her a smile in return.

"One bad sign and I will literally kick you out of my car." Elizandra threatened as she buckled her seatbelt and reclined her seat all the way back.

"Sounds tempting." He remarked as he drove back onto the highway. She rolls her eyes at him. She kicked up the ac, and reached for a blanket she had put in the backseat. She brushes her hair to the side to throw her hoodie up, kicked off her shoes, and wrapped the blanket around her; laying down with her back facing Klaus.

"Don't even look at me." She says in an almost muffled voice. Klaus' eyes fall back onto the road in front of him and he smiles.

☾ ✶ ☽

    Milan Chapman stood in front of Elizandra; five feet and six inches tall with her red hair whipping in the wind. Elizandra's chest was rising and falling at a very fast pace. Aidan had his hands tied and Milan had hers around his neck. And in a fraction of a second, she snaps his neck and his lifeless body falls to the ground.

Elizandra gasps aloud and sits up as far as the seat belt wrapping around her body would let her.

"El?" Klaus glances to her; worry etched on his face as he pulls over. Elizandra unbuckled her seatbelt, allowing her to sit up comfortably to catch her breath. "What is it? Nightmare, love?"

She shook her head in annoyance, "Stop calling me that." She says lightly. He's taken aback but doesn't express it, he simply blinks. She looks up to the dashboard where the clock displayed 5:04 p.m. "Please, just keep driving. I have a bad feeling Aidan doesn't have much time left."

"As you wish." He replies softly and heads back onto the road. Elizandra gathers up the blanket in her hands and tosses it to the backseat. She adjusts her seat and reapplies her seatbelt. When she looks at her phone screen she sees three missed calls from Damon.

She groans, "Damon called? Why didn't you say anything?" She runs a hand through her hair and clicks on Damon's contact.

"Didn't want to wake you." Klaus half smiles but she knew he just didn't want her to answer because it was Damon Salvatore. Elizandra exhales through her nose and side eyes him as she brings the phone to her ear.

"Don't say a damn word." She warns Klaus. After two rings, Damon picks up.

"What the hell, wolf-girl?" He asks in a sing-song voice.

"I have some business to take care of, Damon."

"Yeah, we know. You had the Devil himself deliver us a message from you. Speaking of which, he hasn't shown his evil face since last night," Elizandra looks over to Klaus and she could tell he was inches away from turning the car around and driving back to Mystic Falls to rip Damon apart. "We don't know where he is or if he's planning something as we speak. So, just, you know. . .watch your back."

She cocks her head and scoffs amusingly, "Is that concern I hear in your voice, Mr. Salvatore?" Klaus role his eyes but she doesn't see.

"Yes, actually it is. Because if something happens to you while your uncle, the Big Bad Wolf, is out of town, there will be no Mystic Falls anymore because he would burn the whole town down with everybody in it."

"Hm," She hums and nods lightly, "Good point. Well, I'm sure Klaus is staring at himself in a mirror somewhere. He won't be bothering you guys for a while."

"Right. Well, hurry back. Be safe, or whatever." Damon mumbles through the phone and hangs up. Elizandra turns her phone off and sets it aside.

"I don't stare at myself in mirrors." Klaus says after a few seconds of silence. Elizandra couldn't help herself and laughed aloud. She tries to cover it with her hand but every time she looked at his seriously bothered face she laughs all over again.

"I'm — I'm sorry." She says through chuckles. He exhales through his nose.

"Did you get enough sleep?" He begrudgingly asks, trying to change the subject.

"Mm-hm." She says with a smile on her face, trying to suppress her laughter. "How long was I out anyways?"

"Seven hours; give or take."

Her eyes widen. "Shut up!" She reaches for her phone to check the GPS to see how far they currently were from Seattle.

"I wish I could have told you that when you were snoring." He slyly remarks.

"I was not snoring." She snaps; her eyes glued to her phone screen.

"Hm." He hums teasingly. She looks up from her phone and narrows her eyes at him.

"I don't snore." She repeats; her face expressing a hint of doubt.

"Are you trying to convince me or yourself?" He continues to tease, and he receives a low growl from her. She looks back down at her phone.

"We've still got about thirty two hours." She shuts her phone off and throws her head back against the headrest, "I guess I should be grateful we're still on the same route and you didn't kill me in my sleep."

"Yes, you should be. Now, are you going to tell me why your boyfriend is in grave danger? You owe me that much."

She rolls her eyes, "I don't owe you anything. You should be grateful I haven't killed you yet. But, whatever." She huffs aloud and thinks where she should begin, "My parents died when I was six. I came home from a playdate and there they were; two mangled bodies. My father was laid across the dining table and my mother on her bed. It's because they were Direwolves. They never triggered their gene, but Direwolves are Direwolves. Brady took me in. He was determined to track down the ones who killed his brother and my mother. I triggered my gene seven years after. Then, me and him. . .we worked together to track them down. And, we killed them. Vampires. One of them being the husband of the one and only, Milan Chapman."

He raises his head a little bit as he took this in; his eyes concentrated on the road in front of him, "And now she is after you and your uncle."

"And all of the packs. She works with a witch, Ida Mazzello. She's just as evil." She takes a deep breathe in and adjusts her position in her seat so she was half-facing him with her legs up against her chest, "Now you know what you're getting yourself into. It's going to be messy." She smiles but it doesn't reach her eyes.

"Darling, my whole life has been a mess. I think I can manage."

Elizandra's face relaxes; not expecting his response. Her eyes linger a little longer on him. She was half hoping he'd stop the car and get out. It was her problem and she didn't want to drag anybody down with her because truthfully, taking down Milan Chapman and Ida Mazzello is going to cost a few lives.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 4K 26
UNDER HEAVY REVISION "Ah, what a lovely little bit of chaos this is." ~ The Vampire Diaries N. Mikaelson
644K 14.2K 99
𝘈 𝘚𝘒𝘭𝘷𝘒𝘡𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘒 π˜”π˜ͺ𝘬𝘦𝘒𝘭𝘴𝘰𝘯. 𝘞𝘩𝘒𝘡 𝘀𝘰𝘢𝘭π˜₯ 𝘨𝘰 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨? π˜›π˜©π˜¦ 𝘒𝘯𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘳 𝘡𝘰 𝘡𝘩𝘒𝘡 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘡𝘳π˜ͺ𝘀𝘬𝘺, 𝘦𝘴𝘱�...
932K 22.7K 44
❝ Love has reasons which reason cannot understand. ❞ [THE VAMPIRE DIARIES] [1x01 - 3x14] cover credit; argentsvogue
8.4K 218 27
Sequel to "Sa Douce Fleur" Cover by @NicotineMikey_