The Power of the Moon

By the-hidden-will

What happens when Uchiha Madara finds out the true purpose of the Infinite Tsukuyomi? Uchiha Madara bumps int... More

CHARACTER SHEET
PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5
PART 6
PART 7
PART 8
PART 9
PART 10
PART 11
PART 12
PART 13
PART 14
PART 15
PART 16
PART 17
PART 18
PART 19
PART 20
PART 21
PART 22
PART 23
PART 24
PART 25
PART 26
PART 27
PART 28
PART 29
PART 30
PART 31
PART 32
PART 33
PART 34
PART 35
PART 36
PART 37
PART 38
PART 39
PART 40
PART 41
PART 42
PART 43
🍋 PART 44 🍋
PART 45
PART 46
PART 47
PART 48
PART 50
PART 51
PART 52
PART 53
PART 54
PART 55
PART 56
PART 57
PART 58
PART 59

PART 49

2.6K 82 25
By the-hidden-will

She blinked, once or twice or maybe none at all. Ayumi couldn't really tell, as all she could really feel was the blood coursing through her veins, and her heart that had been pumping it furiously. It felt as though it was beating outside of her chest.

I am leaving the village.
The words weighed heavily on her mind, and even more so on her heart.

Ayumi had been incredibly naive to think that she could live a fairytale in Konoha alongside her lover. Peace could never really be achieved, and seeing Madara suffer was proof of that.

Ayumi shook her head feverently though, snapping out of her thoughts.

"Leave? You're going to leave?" Ayumi croaked through her dry throat meeting his eyes as intently as she could, clenching her fists.
Madara merely replied with a nod. He was prepared to face her anger, his orbs eventually met hers, and hesitantly so, he found.

She scoffed. All he could explain to her was a nod.

"What do you mean leave?" Ayumi placed a hand on her belly. "Our child. Your clan. My clan. The village - your village that you helped create!" Ayumi heaved, she was beginning to panic, but all Madara could do was look at her. "All of it means nothing to you? Nothing at all, Madara?" She gritted her teeth. The question hung in the air for about a minute or so.

Ayumi didn't understand this time around.

"It means everything to me." Madara spoke sharply, his eyebrows cast a darkness over his face. "That is why I'm leaving."

"But... but..." Ayumi felt a sharp pain in her abdomen. The stress was sudden, and it was bearing on her body too quickly. Her knees fell into the soil.

"Ayumi." Madara approached his wife, holding her by her shoulders. Madara bit his lip, and was almost astounded that she took it as bad as she did.

"At least let me explain." Madara was concerned at his wife's condition, and he took a deep breath. She was the last person Madara wanted to see in any pain. Ayumi gritted her teeth, wiping the sweat from her upper lip.

Ayumi's eyes had already been puffy. She knew where this was going. She stood upright, patting herself from the dust on her kimono.

"I will be fine." Ayumi met his eyes furiously. "Now talk."

Madara shuffled his footsteps, now facing the stream of water with his arms crossed.

"I will. Quite simply actually. There is no place for me or my clan in this village." Madara stated, briefly as he could.

"But if you leave who will take over the Uchiha?" Ayumi stared at his dark mane that was conveniently covering his features right now. Madara could feel her eyes, hot as coal, piercing through his skin. But his gaze met her protruding belly.

"It's too early for our child to decide." Ayumi brought a palm to cover. "So who?"

"I know that." Madara placed his hands on his hips. "I already have arrangements. You needn't worry. But I'm assuming you understand the state of affairs right now, especially concerning the Uchiha."

Ayumi stared at her toes. She knew that Tobirama had a large part to play in this - he was the one who charged most of the suspicion onto the Uchiha as being war-crazed militants that couldn't be trusted. That view spread rampantly, as many clans still harboured resentment especially towards the Sharingan.

"You have been carrying the brunt of the backlash, namely because you are my wife." Madara spoke, his torso faced hers now.

"That's only natural." Ayumi pursed her lips, "No one really understood you. Even during the war. And now even after, even though you helped build the village." Ayumi dangled her head, almost miserably. Madara's eyebrows slightly rose at her rare expression of sadness. "I wish there was another way people could understand your intentions." Ayumi met his eyes.

Madara sighed, looking away. That was all he wanted.

"Ironically the very village I helped to create was only another seed planted in discord." Madara conveniently caught a leaf that had been dwindling in the air, inspecting it almost contemptibly.

"I can't conceive of a peaceful outcome for the Uchiha. I anticipate that Tobirama will be elected as the next Hokage, and that the Uchiha will eventually be cast to the sidelines. Or even exterminated." He added. 

"E-exterminated..." Ayumi was sad before, but now she was full of dread. She knew better than to question her husband's keen insight into the future.

"The Uchiha are a clan full of hate. Accursed. It is almost impossible to escape such a fate. When I learned of it, I fell into a despair." Madara crunched the leaf, his eyes swirling a deeper red, revealing his Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan.

"I don't have much to protect now." He went on. "Except for you two." Madara looked at her for a while, and then he smiled smally.

Ayumi grew bashful, but she quickly looked up to the sky. "I guess I was wrong to assume that life would be perfect." But she tucked a couple strands behind her ear, and looked at him. "But I think I can handle it, if it means we can be a family. Be it if we are together or apart."

Madara's heart beat a little faster. He was glad she was so understanding - it was the comfort he needed, and that no one else ever spared him.

"I am not leaving you alone here." Madara said almost too demandingly, earning a look of concern from the princess. "You are coming with me." He crossed his arms.

"But my clan, Madara-"

"If you stay, I fear that it will be dangerous for you too." Madara placed his hands on his hips. He was certain and nothing could change his mind.  Minutes passed though, before Ayumi could even think of a decision. It annoyed Madara just slightly - why was she being so hesitant? Was she not as loyal as he initially thought? No. Madara shook his head from his paranoid thoughts, she was different than the rest. He crossed his arms now as his eyes fixated on hers, his fingers jut subconsciously digging into his skin. He could not fathom leaving her and his child alone.

"Give me some time to think about it. Okay, Madara?" Ayumi rubbed her forehead, breaking the brew of thoughts inside the Uchiha's head. 

He took a minute to soak in the stress that was growing on her face. Madara understood her, and he hated to see her so torn. It wasn't exactly the easiest sail in the boat being with him. Madara sighed, nodded his head, and curtly offered to hold her hand. She obliged. 

-

It had been shy of a month now since Ayumi received the news of her husband leaving the village. The suspicion cast on the Uchiha only grew more so, and such that Madara's own clansmen became suspicious of him.

The Uchiha's leader who was once feared by many and fought across the lands in battle, now stood before the Hokage admitting defeat.

"So it's official." Hashirama said with a sappy frown. "You are leaving. I hate to see it."

Madara placed his hands on his hips. "That dumb grin on your face is never going to leave, is it." He scoffed. "And yes. I'll be taking my leave."

"But Ayumi. She is expecting to give birth any day now, yes?" Hashirama rubbed his chin.

Madara nodded, and he tried his best to repress a smile.

Hashirama stepped forward, inspecting his friend a bit too closely. Madara blinked, he grew annoyed. "You don't even look happy about it. Aren't you happy?" Hashirama asked.

"Of course I am. Dimwit." Madara shoved him.

"Hahahahah!" Hashirama held his belly as he laughed heartily, with Madara slowly chuckling afterward. 

Their banter died down, and they suddenly met each others's eyes more seriously.

"Madara." Hashirama stepped forward. "Is there really any other alternative, that somehow maybe you can still stay?" Hashirama pleaded. "We did build this village together."

Madara looked at his friend with one solid look.

"I'm afraid it's not possible, Hashirama." Madara looked to the side. "I don't need to say it twice. But there is no place for us - or rather, me here. Your brother has made it quite clear."

Madara met Hashirama's eyes suspiciously now, and the brunette understood. 

"I tried to talk some sense into him. But you know how he is." Hashirama's frown only grew deeper.

Madara stayed silent, and began to walk out. 

"Madara. Wait."

Madara stopped in his tracks, looking at his friend over the shoulder.

"Will you be safe?" Hashirama itched his forehead. 

Madara scoffed, closing his eyes. "I know you didn't just ask me that."

"Right. Right. But still, if you need anything..." Hashirama frowned again, "Don't be afraid to reach out."

Madara deep down resented the Senju for taking the lives of his brothers, but for some reason, he forgot all of that in this moment. Hashirama's adamancy to help bridge the gaps were slighting Madara, but he couldn't lose focus. The Uchiha, especially Madara, had no place in the village.

Madara thought about Hashirama's offer of help for a moment, and he nodded. 

"I will." Madara opened the door knob and left. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

779K 34.8K 53
Mikubae Senju is the younger sister to the Senju siblings and Butsuma's only daughter. She's spent most of her life inside her clan's compound. And a...
824K 32.9K 54
Uzumaki Asami finally joins her sister in Konoha after looking for fellow clan members after the destruction of Uzushiogakure, and she meets Madara t...
18K 457 22
As a member of the Uchiha clan, there are certain things you expect in life. Awakening your Sharingan, mastering gen-jutsu, but falling in love? That...
339K 12.5K 44
Madara was at the age of 10 when he meets a girl on a lake. Her unusual appearance makes him wonder , while being on the era of great battle, the you...