Be My Mistake (2YEON)

By nojambrostan

Yoo Jeongyeon, a senior in college who suddenly fell in love with her best friend without noticing. Will she... More

...
i
ii
iii
iv
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv (M)
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii (M)
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi (1)
xxxvii (2)
A/N :)
Not an Epilogue

v

3.8K 198 171
By nojambrostan

Jeongyeon's POV

"I'm sorry if we have to end the date early, Jeongyeon," Mina uttered while lowering her head.

"Ani, it's okay Mina. I still had fun." I told her back. I already brought her to their room.

Mina and I were at the coffee place Nayeon suggested. It was indeed a nice place to hang. The ambiance of the area was peaceful and very calming.

We were both having our conversation when someone messaged her about an audition to be held the next day. Supposedly it was a surprise showdown in their class. But somehow, someone knew about it and got spread to everyone eventually.

Mina wasn't that much confident of her self. But I know deep down she has the skills and talent to show them. I decided to leave early so she could rest longer for tomorrow's event.

"What time will the audition start and where?" I asked.

"After lunch and located at the auditorium in our building," she answered with hesitation in her tone.

I remembered not having a class during that time. "Well, I don't have class during the show. Maybe I can watch you and support?" I smiled awkwardly as I told her my sudden plan.

"Jinjja?" she said with a glimpse of brightness in her eyes. I nodded in response and felt happier with her reaction.

"Thank you, Jeongyeon."

"Aigoo, it's nothing. Also, I want to see you dance, Mina." I beamed awkwardly again trying to look cute.

Mina laughed genuinely with my face. "You're funny. Well, I gotta go inside now. Thanks for today, Jeongyeon. I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Yes, you will." I pursed my lips for a simple smile.

"Good night, Jeongyeon," she uttered. Then the next thing she did stun me. She slowly tiptoed and quickly gave me a peck on my cheek.

I wasn't able to move after that kiss she did on my cheek. I touched my face and can't feel anything after. I will never wash this side ever!

Mina then left me outside as she went in. Momo, on the other hand, went to check on me for the last time, "Thank you for dropping Mina home. You can go now," then she softly pushed me.

"Aish, I know how to walk, Momo." I began to walk when I felt Momo's pushed getting forceful.

I walked back to my room while touching the cheek Mina kissed. Feeling happy and ecstatic with the thing just happened. I tried composing myself before anyone else notice. But deep inside, I was already jumping up and down due to this addictive feeling.

As I arrived in front of our room, I fixed myself before Nayeon notices anything weird about me again.

I held the knob and opened the door. But our room was empty. Nayeon wasn't around.

I turned on the lights and changed my clothes. I went to the bathroom to wash my face. But I remembered Mina's kiss. I touched my cheek again and felt my heart flustered.

"I guess, I'm not washing this side," I told myself while looking at the mirror. Then I began smiling like an idiot.

After doing my routine before bed, I saw Nayeon went inside our room. She slowly walked through her bed without noticing me.

"Hey, where have you been?" I asked.

She was facing the other way and didn't answer. She was all silent and covered herself in a blanket.

I went closer to check up on her. But she tucked herself well inside her blanket. "Nayeon?" I sat on her bed.

"Are you okay?" I asked. But still, no response from her. "Nayeon?" I called her name again.

"Leave me alone, Jeongyeon." finally she spoke.

"Wae? Gwaenchanha?" I asked again even if she was pushing me.

"I'm okay. Now, please. I want to be alone." she responded with annoyance in her tone.

"Arraseo," I moved away from her bed and went to mine. I looked at Nayeon, she was still under her blanket. Perhaps something happened that made her like that.

I laid down while feeling worried about Nayeon. I looked at her, she was still isolating herself and she wasn't even moving. I chose to get up again and probably will go to Sana. Maybe she knows something. Aside from being close to me, Nayeon also has Sana as her other close friend.

I grabbed a hoodie and slowly went out of the room to avoid Nayeon being disturbed. Sana's room is upstair just close to Momo and Mina's room. As I arrived, I saw Tzuyu and probably her friend approaching my way too.

"Unnie?" Tzuyu uttered as she saw me.

"Hey, Tzuyu," I said back.

"By the way, this is my friend, Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung, meet Jeongyeon unnie. She lives below our floor." Tzuyu introduced us to each other.

"Annyeong, Jeongyeon unnie. Nice to meet you." Chaeyoung greeted.

"What are you doing here, unnie?" Tzuyu asked this time.

"I'm here to see Sana. Is she inside?" I asked. "Probably," she opened the front door, and Chaeyoung and I went in also.

"Tzuyu-ah! You're home!" I heard Sana shouted excitingly as Tzuyu walked inside. However, her face wrinkled seeing two people walking with her.

"Hey, unnie." Chaeyoung timidly greeted her.

"Hey, Sana." I greeted Sana as well.

Tzuyu walked closer to Sana and gave her a light hug. Cute. "Chaeyoung wants to borrow my headphones since hers got broken," Tzuyu said and went through her things.

"And you? What are you doing here?" Sana asked me. "I, uh-" I started to get scared because of Sana's face. She seemed annoyed.

"Well?" she added.

"I'm here to talk to you," then I looked at Tzuyu and Chaeyoung who were talking on their own already. "Privately," I added.

Sana led me outside, "I'm just gonna buy some coffee at the lobby, Tzuyu."  

Sana and I walked silently towards the lobby. I thought it was just an excuse.

When we reached the lobby, she brought a coffee on her own and sat on the couch. "So, what's up?" she began.

"Did something happened to Nayeon?" I asked away.

"Hmm," she sipped her coffee. "Why? What happened to her?" she didn't answer my question and ask another one.

"She seemed off. She became cranky and isolated herself as she went into our room," I replied looking worried again.

"Did you ask why?" 

"I wouldn't be having this conversation with you if I already asked her and she answered, Sana." I was slowly losing my patience. "Just tell me, if you know anything." I calmly begged.

"Nope. I know nothing, Jeongyeon." Sana slowly moved and stood up. "I'm going. Anything else?" she asked while looking at me impatiently.

Obviously, she knows something but she won't tell me. "Uh, no. Thanks. And sorry for bothering you." I told her.

"Not a prob." then she departed without waiting for me.

I stayed on the couch with a long face. I can't help but feel a lot of helpless about Nayeon.

Maybe she's just having her monthly period. Yeah, let's think of that. No need to worry. I thought to myself and went back to our room.

Nayeon's POV

The next morning, I woke up earlier than usual. Since I slept early last night, I was able to wake up early as well.

I got up and saw Jeongyeon sleeping peacefully in her bed. I had no idea what happened after she left the room.

I jumped off from my bed and went straightly to the bathroom. I did my morning routine quickly before Jeongyeon wakes up. I don't wanna talk to her or even see her after what happened last night.

I can't bear the thought of facing her yet. I know it's unfair and kinda selfish move, but I just have to.

After I finished preparing and was about to head out, I heard Jeongyeon moaned as she was about to wake up. I quickly grabbed my bag and ran out of the room as I closed the door silently.

I sighed as I felt relieved that I wasn't able to encounter her this morning. I went straight outside the university to have some breakfast. I still have an hour left before my class starts.

My pace was slow trying to absorb last night's incident. I never felt so broken just because of a scenario I've never expected to witness. And I hate myself for liking my best friend more than just that.

After my lonely and noiseless breakfast, nothing seems to be intriguing in this kind of situation. I miss Jeongyeon already. Even if she has no idea why I'm avoiding her, I still want things to go back. But I know it's impossible because of this fucked up feelings I have for her.

I walked back to my building to attend my class when I saw Jeongyeon outside my room waiting. I wanted to hide but she instantly saw me.

She ran towards me looking worried and eager to see me. "Nayeon," she said while catching her breath quietly.

"Yeah?" I asked while not giving her eye contact.

"Are you okay? Where were you? What happened last night? Did something happen? I was worried sick when I didn't see you this morning." well, she knocked me with a lot of questions. I didn't know what to answer first.

"I, uh-" I gaped a little as my mind went blank of these concern questions.

Then we both heard the bell rang. "Oh, shit. I gotta go now, Nayeon. I'll see you at lunch, yeah?" before I got the chance to answer, she flew like a bird as she was in a hurry.

"Aish," I hissed then went into class.

Jeongyeon's POV

The class was boring that I had to pinch myself to avoid dozing off. Jihyo, who by the way was my only friend in this department, didn't bother entering the class.

Therefore, I was alone the whole morning attending my three classes. That's why I got excited about lunch because of Nayeon.

I messaged her.

"At least she said okay." I murmured with Nayeon's cold reply.

I stood outside of her building waiting for her to come out. I was observing the students walking by.

Suddenly, I saw a familiar figure walking with her head down passing the building. I took a step closer to see who it was, and it was Mina.

My face struck with a pleasant smile seeing her this day. Mina luckily saw me and did the same.

She stopped and I didn't hesitate to approach her. "Hey, Mina." I greeted warmly.

"Hey, Jeongyeon." she greeted timidly.

"Where are you heading to?"

"Lunch. And probably prepare for later." oh, right. Her performance, how could I forget?

"I can't wait for later," I chuckled nervously to make her feel better, "Wanna grab lunch together and maybe I can stay for your preparation?" I offered. Then I remembered I'm having lunch with Nayeon.

"Yeah, sure. I would love to."

Nayeon's POV

I sighed looking at my phone with Jeongyeon's message. Of course, she would ditch me for Mina.

I was standing not far enough from where Jeongyeon and Mina are talking. Both of them walked together towards the exit gate and left.

"This shit hurts," I whispered.

Finally, an update. So far, how's the story? Hihihi I can't wait how this story turns out. Stay tuned! 😁

Please don't forget to vote and comment!
- 단팥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 5K 35
Im Nayeon, an ordinary girl living an ordinary life. She had her ordinary life for years after she finished her degree. However, it all changes as sh...
19.3K 848 44
"Don't!" Mina quickly interjects and moves her face slightly sideward, away from Chaeyoung's hand. "Stop right there. Everything about you makes me w...
127K 5K 23
"Do you know how hard it is to be friends with someone you are once--- still in love with?" -Nayeon "Moving on" isn't on Nayeon's vocabulary. Althoug...
23.8K 1K 44
Chaeyoung sadly looks down. "When I left for Europe five years ago... I think my heart wasn't with me. I think I left my heart here in Korea. And it...