My Mate, The Dragon

By Swloxie

Look at that amazing cover art by @sweettner Please check her out below! https://my.w.tt/qyi9NG3Lb5 - Sheila... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
EPILOGUE (1)
SEQUEL(?)
EPULOGUE (2)

Chapter Twenty-Three

62.9K 2.7K 274
By Swloxie

October 7th, 2019
-

Sheila

    The days came and went, every day harder than the last. "Break my mind! Try to snake your way under my barriers and force me to move!" She shouted at me.

    I shook with fear. I am strong. I held out my hands, like she had always taught me, hands are like ropes, they latch onto other people. Then my eyes snap to hers, eyes are the fastest gateway into the mind. I then funneled my way down her brain, I tried to grasp onto anything, anything that her mind would allow me to latch onto.

    Then I found it. It was a golden strand, so clear, pure, I had to grab that. Mind against mind, I latched onto that little golden string. I hear her yell in pain. I pulled, I felt her movement. I felt her yell.

    Her mind was in my hands. I could destroy her, everything she is, was. She groaned in pain once more. I tugged it a bit more. She stumbled forward.

    "Yes—" she hissed in pain. I felt so secure, I could do anything with her. "That's right. That's right. Make me sit."

    "Sit." I pulled the string downwards, she crumpled to the floor.

    "Sloppy, again." I pulled her up. She was like a rag doll and I was the puppeteer.

    I slowly placed her down into a sitting position. She smile, it sent chills down my body. "Good." She hissed in pain. I felt my hands start to shake, or maybe it was hers.

    I let her go. This is the first time I was able to do this. First time ever.

    I watched her stand on her own. She locked my eyes and held out her hand, "sleep." I felt my head hit the cold stone floor in an instant.

"Letter—today—ugh," I groaned holding my head as I curled up in a ball. It felt that the walls of my skull was crushing in on me. I wanted to scream in pain, though that would only make grandma Weni worry. I wanted this. I wanted to learn.

    "No." I groaned, sitting up. I held my head with one hand. Wait a second, did she just say no? Just no? Not, you will being going home soon, like she always has done, for the last two and a half months.

    I cracked my eyes open to look at her. She was standing at the entrance of the cave, the sun was starting to rise. She stood, hands on her hips, glaring at the sun. A normal person would see her face and would want to get the hell out of dodge. Though I knew that she was just deep in thought. "Just no?"

    I stood, a bit dizzy, though the pain started to subside. "Today." She looked back at me, a sad smile, but a smile never the less. "Today, you will see your mate."

    My knees turned into soup, all the strength I've been building up failed me. I collapsed to the ground. I didn't want to leave, I didn't want to leave her, as much as I wanted to see my mate. Why did I have to leave her? "But, you?"

    "Why are you concerned about me, stupid girl." She walked to me, lending me a hand to stand up.

    "I still have so much to learn." I was pulling at strings. I stood up and looked into her yellow eyes.

    "No. You don't. I taught you all that I know. Now it's your job to practice."

    "They will think I'm a monster." She frowned.

    "They might. But if you do good in this world, you will get written down as a legend." She placed a hand on my cheek. I felt my lips curve down.

    "I don't want to leave you." Everything we have done together flashed before my eyes. Us eating every meal, me talking about our adventures. All the pain, happiness, the tears. I've never felt so alive, so much like a normal person.

    "We will meet again." The time together was so short.

    "When? How soon?" This was so painful, how could I leave someone I spent so long with. "What if you get hurt."

   She let out a cackle, "me? Get hurt?" She pinched my cheek. "Worry about yourself first." Her long pointy nails dug into my cheek. I was even going to miss this.

    "But—"

    "Are you telling me you don't want to see your mate?" A grin spread across her face.

    "No! That's not what I—"

    "Then you must leave."

    "Why?" What was wrong with Zaivinth?

     "He needs you." She looked to the sunrise. I followed her line of sight. "War is on the brink of breaking out. He needs his queen to be safe. And they need a shadow wolf on the field." Her eyes flicker back to mine.

    I gasped, I would actually be side by side with my mate as we fought. I no longer didn't know how to use my powers. "What if I turn evil." My face crumpled, that was my number one fear.

    "It's a risk all shadow wolves face. You will live toeing the line between reality and insanity." She grabbed my wrist leaning me to the mouth of the cave. "But you of all people." She smiled, showing all of her teeth. Something I've only seen once before, when I first ran through a wall and not into it. "You of all people..." she looked into the sunrise again. The orange sun illuminating in her eyes.

    "Will be fine."

     "But—" she hushed me.

     "You must go. Follow that path," she held out a bony hand towards the dirt path that was before us.

    She nudged me with the bottom of her boot. I stumbled down a few steps before looking back up at her.

     What if this is the last time I see her.

    "I love you. And if this is a goodbye, maybe forever, I wanted to say thank you," She was a mother I never had. Tears prickled my eyes.

    "You have been a blessing, Sheila. I am glad I met you, stupid girl."

    Then I was on my way. Down the mountain and on the path, I looked up to the mountain and I saw my teacher looking into the sky.

    I saw her reach up towards the sky, tears streaming down her face. Then I saw her disappear into the mist. Slowly floating away to the sky in little water droplets.

    I sobbed the entire way. I was constantly wiping my nose and eyes dry. "Be strong, she would wanted you to be strong," I whispered to myself over and over. Though it just made me sob harder.

    "I miss you!" I cried, into the sky.

    Then I heard a roar in the distance, a very familiar roar.

    Zaivinth.

waaaaaaaa so sadddd.

ms-6EBM0f.gif

SHE DISSOLVED??? SIS WHATTTT?

Was Weni a good teacher?

SO CLOSE TO SEEING MATE AGAINNNN!!

Yaaaaay

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

647K 30.3K 79
Psychiatrist Diana Carter wakes up in the middle of a forest badly hurt and with no recollection of how she got there. Paralyzed, she tries to call f...
1.6K 126 49
Vanessa is used to being on the run. It's what happens when you have to run away from your pack at fifteen after... well, she doesn't like to think a...
1.8M 42.2K 46
Zaria and her sister Vanessa have been close since Zaria was first born. Vanessa is a golden child even after their parents die and she is left to ta...
497K 13.3K 42
The fate of a not so human king and a definitely human girl became entangled in a single meeting. A teenage girl from the 21st century somehow ended...