Dating Mr. CEO

By Emelradine

THE CHESTERFIELD SERIES #1 (THE MODEL & THE CEO) Pretending to the whole world that she is in the happiest r... More

DISCLAIMER
Prologue
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60A
60B
Epilogue
LOVING MR. CEO
Elroy and Fay Extras? Yaay or Nay?
IT'S UP!

49

38.1K 1.9K 636
By Emelradine

FAY

   The hot coffee calmed my pent up anger towards Elroy. I should have known that trusting him wasn't an option. I was so stupid to even think for a second that he was a victim in all this. Poor Lucas is suffering because Elroy thought he wanted something to do with me.

Honestly, I don't even think this has to do with only me. Elroy has something else against Lucas.

Something else had to be involved in all this. But what could El possibly have against Lucas, aside from me?

I sighed, raking my fingers through my hair.

On one side, is my boyfriend, acting all possessive and crazy, and on the other side, is my friend, who is more like a brother to me, getting the bitter end of Elroy's tantrums.

I slapped him. 

I don't regret it. Infact, he had it coming, and honestly, I don't care how this new crisis affects our relationship. Elroy had done enough to hurt me. Maybe it's time to listen to Lucas.

I needed to stop him from continuously hurting me, I needed to just end everything. I needed space from everything.

But how would I do that now? I don't want to leave El because I like him. I like him but he keeps doing things to hurt me. To make me want to leave him. But I don't want to.

"Fay?"

I froze.

Damien?

I turned to the direction of the voice. Damien stood right beside me. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "Did you bring El here?" He asked, looking concerned.

He was wearing an Ash armless shirt, coupled with a black baggy three quarter Jean. Mirroring the image of both his brothers.

What's up with the twinning?

"Why would I bring him here? He's totally fine, compared to what he did to Lucas." I muttered, looking away from him.

"What are you talking about?" Damien asked, sounding so clueless.

"As if you don't know."

Damien frowned. "I don't. All I know is that, Lucas hit my brother, strangled him and at the same time, gave him another asthma attack."

My eyes snapped to his. "And you believe that lie?"

"It's not a lie Fay. Elroy went there to apologize to Lucas, and in turn, Lucas beat him up. El didn't lay a finger on him." Damien said.

Elroy had obviously lied to Damien, just like he tried to lie to me.

"Maybe we should go back upstairs to check on Lucas, then you'd see for yourself. Elroy almost killed Lucas. Lucas can't even stand on his own... And to top it all, he threatened to kidnapped his sister, and right now as we speak. Stacy's nowhere to be found." I said, feeling my anger rising back up.

"And you believe that? You honestly think Elroy would go that far?" Damien asked incredulously.

"What can I say? Elroy is capable of doing anything in his power to get what he wants." I snapped.

"Elroy has changed."

"People don't change, Damien. It's either they become a better person, or they just hide their true nature for a while." I said.

Damien sighed. "He likes you, you know."

I raised a brow at him. "He doesn't."

"He does." Damien said with so much certainty.

"Did- did he tell you that?" I asked, suddenly forgetting about my anger. I also tried not to sound eager.

"He didn't have to tell me, Fay. It's pretty obvious. The way he talks about you, even the way he looks at you. And it's so obvious you feel the same way."

I gulped. "You're wrong Damien. Yes, he might care about me but- he doesn't like me. If he does like me, he wouldn't do this to Lucas."

"It's funny how you're so concerned about Lucas, it's almost almost as if you didn't see how hurt Elroy was." Damien said.

"I did see how hurt he was, but like I said before; it's nothing compared to Lucas's condition. Besides, Lucas is my best friend."

"And Elroy is your boyfriend."

"Yeah, a boyfriend who has done nothing but to make my life miserable ever since I set my eyes on him."

"Don't forget he's still the same guy who's ready to do anything to make up for it." Damien countered back.

I blinked, looking away.

"You have to learn to trust him."

I scoffed. "Trust him? He's trying to convince me that Lucas is evil, a liar. He's trying to make me hate him."

Damien shook his head. "He probably has his reasons, Fay. But I can assure you that Elroy didn't do that to Lucas."

"So who did?" I asked.

Damien shrugged. "I don't know, he probably paid someone off to make you think Elroy did it to him."

"Now that's preposterous. Who would do that?"

"A desperate person?"

"You can't just accuse him off something so horrible, Damien. I know Lucas, he isn't capable of something so terrible."

Damien watched me carefully. "Okay, what if I told you I had proof."

I etched my brows, feeling the wave of confusion hit me. "Proof?"

"Yeah... I Know a guy who knows a guy who actually knows some other guy who can get me the surveillance footage of what really happened. I can even text him now if you want." Damien said.

I raised a brow at him. "Why would you have access to that?"

Damien gave me a look that screamed 'really?' "Sparks might be signed under Elroys' name but it's still a property of the Chesterfields. It's as much mine as it is his. Same goes to every company signed in the Chesterfields name."

"Oh." I muttered. "But what's it gonna prove? I'll just see what I know already so-"

"Why don't you take a look first. Then you can know who's really lying and who's telling the truth." He said.

"Fine, whatever." I said, dropping my coffee cup on the table.

What difference would it make anyway. Lucas would never lie to me, and Damien probably hasn't seen the video.

"Here." He handed me his phone.

"That was fast." I muttered.

"Yeah, I have my ways." He said.

I took it from his grip, tapping the play sign on the screen as the muted video started to play.

It started out normal when El went into the room casually. I watched how Lucas stood upright in a defensive stance, while Elroy spoke calmly. I honestly would give anything to listen to their conversation but that wasn't really what I wanted to see.

Lucas had gotten closer to Elroy, bracing himself for a fight. He looked different... I could tell... He wasn't all chatty and smiley... No. There was an insane frown on his face. A kind I hadn't seen there before.

Elroy still maintained his position, not looking scared at all.

A few more conversations were made after that, but then it seemed as if Lucas took Elroy by surprise, hitting him on the side of his face.

Lucas threw the first punch?

My breathing became abnormal as the video played on.

I watched in shock as Lucas hit my El again, once on his face and then on his stomach. He didn't give him time to recover from that. He hit him again until El fell straight to the ground.

Lucas in turn followed him, and when I thought he was going to punch him again, his hands encircled around his neck, as he tried to strangle Elroy.

Lucas looked like a monster, finally getting his prey to the position he had longed for.

The video ended when Cade rushed in, pulling Lucas from El as Lucas rushed out angrily.

"Are you okay?" Damien's voice tried to cut into my thoughts.

"No." I answered absentmindedly but truthfully, feeling so sick to the stomach.

My eyes were still glued to the black screen on Damien's phone as I tried to take it all in.

It didn't take long for my eyes to fill up in tears.

"Don't keep it all in Fay... Are you okay? Talk to me." Damien said with concern burning in his words.

I felt the tears fall at the same time as I swallowed the teary lump in my throat.

"Elroy wasn't- He wasn't lying to me? He had been trying to make me see Lucas for who he truly Is. He- he had been trying to warn me Damien, but I  but I didn't listen to him. I- I blamed him for everything." I gulped, finally meeting Damien's concerned gaze. "That night, the night that he had- that he had an- an asthma attack... I- I fought with him because he told me to- to stop seeing Lucas. He- he had been trying to warn me. But I hurt him."

Damien sighed. "Stop crying Fay, you didn't know."

I shook my head, sniffing.

"No you didn't. Anyone who was in your shoes would think Elroy was being his usual narcissistic self. How could you have known that he was sincere? Or that he was telling the truth. I know how evil my brother can be at times but- he wasn't always like that. He made you lose all trust in him, so the fact that it took you this long to believe him, isn't entirely your fault. You didn't know, Fay."

"No-"

"Don't-"

I shook my head. "No... You don't- you don't understand Damien, I knew." A new set of warm salty liquid dropped down my cheek. "I knew he was telling the truth."

Damien looked confused now.

"Deep down- deep down I knew but- but I ignored it. I trusted Lucas too much- I was so blinded by my trust for him, for our friendship. I never in this lifetime would think that Lucas would lie to me. I just didn't want to believe it. Blaming Elroy made it way more easier." I said.

"Don't blame yourself."

"What? Why shouldn't I? If I had just paid more attention to the truth than to the lie then- then we wouldn't even be here right now."

Damien sled his phone into his pocket.

When did he even take it from me?

"Can you think of a reason why Lucas would want to hurt El?"

I sniffed. "No. Lucas - Lucas didn't seem to have any problems with El. At least, that's what he made me believe."

"So what could possibly be the reason? I know the both of you were like having a thing before Elroy came into the picture, but that isn't enough to make Lucas want to strangle El like that."

"Unless Lucas is mentally ill. But- but he seems normal to me."

"We'd have to find out." Damien said.

I sniffed again, wiping my tears. "It doesn't matter now. Elroy and I are officially over."

"Why would you say that."

"I ruined everything, Damien. He probably hates me now, and the next time I see him, I'm pretty sure he'd want to finally break up. He tried to make this relationship work but I just ruined everything."

Damien smiled softly. "Won't you at least talk to him first before jumping into conclusions?"

"I know what I know Damien. I raised my hands at him. He was telling me the truth and I slapped him. I'm scared of even stealing a glance at him right now."

"What would you do about Lucas?" Damien asked.

"I don't know. I just don't even want to look at him right now. I'm not ready for that confrontation."

"Take your time. But please, do talk to El, okay? You might just be wrong about his reaction to all this."

I managed a nod.

But deep down, I knew I wasn't wrong. I knew he wouldn't forgive me. I mean? Who would?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 26.9K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
146K 3.8K 24
On the surface, Aiden had it all. Wealth, good looks, and intelligence. But beneath the veneer of masculine perfection lay a broken man. A man obsess...
150 21 10
Roman Sokolov She was supposed to be part of a challenge.A revenge.A vengeance Obsession however was not one of the those. And love was something I...
3.6M 117K 41
You've got one boy. One girl. One pretty little lie. A perfect relationship. The perfect boyfriend. The perfect girlfriend. The perfect dates. The pe...