Waiting Shapeless

By KennyFyor

*Completed* Ranked #1 in alienplanet in Jan 20 2020 Please, LISTEN TO ME!! I know you think I'm crazy and I k... More

Prologue
Chapter 1. Lertrel
Chapter 2. Junit
Chapter 3. Junit
Chapter 4. Lertrel
Chapter 5. Space, traveling from Junit
Chapter 6. Space, orbiting Lertrel
Chapter 7. Orbiting Gnumus
Chapter 8. Orbiting Lertrel
Chapter 9. Space, unknown location.
Chapter 10. Space, unknown location
Chapter 11. Two years ago
Chapter 12. Gnumus
Chapter 13. Gnumus
Chapter 14. One year and a half ago
Chapter 15. Gnumus
Chapter 16. Gnumus
Chapter 17. Gnumus
Chapter 18. Gnumus
Chapter 19. Two years ago
Chapter 20. Pareyline
Chapter 21. Gnumus
Chapter 22. Twenty seven years ago
Chapter 23. Gnumus
Chapter 24. Gnumus
Chapter 25. Gnumus
Chapter 26. Pareyline
Chapter 27. Gnumus
Chapter 28. Four years ago
Chapter 29. Orbiting Gnumus
Chapter 30. Orbiting Gnumus
Chapter 31. Orbiting Gnumus
Chpater 33. Orbiting Gnumus
AN
Chapter 34. Orbiting Gnumus
Chapter 35. Orbiting Gnumus
AN 2
Chapter 36. Deep space, unknown location
Chapter 37. Orbiting Gnumus
Chapter 38. Deep space, unknown location
AN 3
Chapter 39. One year ago
Chapter 40. Space, unknown location
Chapter 41. Pareyline
Chapter 42. Space, unknown location
Chapter 43. Orbiting Gnumus
Chapter 44. Pareyline
Chapter 45. Earth
Chapter 46. Gnumus
Chapter 47. Letters of encouragment
AN 4
Chapter 48. Deep space, unknown location
Chapter 49. Gnumus
Chapter 50. Space, unknown location
Chapter 51. Gnumus
Chapter 52. Letters of strategy
Chapter 53. Gnumus
Chapter 54. Gnumus
Chapter 55. Gnumus
Chapter 56. Gnumus
Chapter 57. Letters of love
Chpater 58. Gnumus
Chapter 59. Letters of power
Chapter 60. Gnumus
Chapter 61. Gnumus
Chapter 62. The team seven
Chapter 63. Space
Epilogue
AN 5
Names and Ponunciation
Introduction

Chapter 32. Orbiting Gnumus

38 6 5
By KennyFyor

Tyler: Human

The Oidians, Ishnook said inside of Tyler's head, inhabited the upper world of Gnumus first.

Tyler was sitting on her soiled sleeping mat while listlessly running her brush through her hair. She had asked Ishnook to just speak with her in her mind tonight so that she could brush her hair without hurting him.

"I remember learning about the Oidians." Tyler remarked. "And I believe that Heva, the species specialist on our team, mentioned them while we were walking around Gnumus."

Right, my lady. Many years passed before the Oridians discovered us, the Bovase. Their legends say we came from deep in the ground below, living inside the rocks and worms of the soil.

Tyler tilted her head. "Can you possess a rock?"

Yes, but we would get very hungry. Rocks don't give off much brain activity, as you can probably imagine. But neither do worms, so I'm not sure what to think of these legends. we didn't keep very good records as a species so our history before the Oidians is a little mysterious. Anyway my lady, I digress.

It had been two nights since Tyler had discovered Ishnook. The Pardos had basically left her to herself during this time. The only times she saw him was when he brought her food and water, and when she left the room to use the toilet.

Tyler thought that she would be bored out of her mind cooped up in the small room, but having Ishnook with her was actually incredibly interesting.

She was getting used to hearing his voice in her head, although having him rear up out of her hair still sent chills down her spine.

The Oidians and Bovase lived relatively peaceably together for many thousands of years. Continued the voice. The Bovase would serve as companions to the Oidians, and in return, the Bovase would have a comfortable residence with a bounty of intelligent thoughts and emotions. The Oidians were very intelligent beings you know.

Then there came a period of time when the Oidians no longer felt comfortable with the Bovase. Controversy and contentions began to spring up from various sources. Sometimes the Oidians would say that they wanted to be free with their emotions and thoughts. They would say it wasn't right for another being to have access to their thoughts. Some went as far as to believe that having a Bovase was deadly, and that Bovase had secret intentions of malicious origins.

But the Bovase were no better. Many diverse groups appeared with beliefs that the Bovase should be the master, not the servant. Some secret groups claimed to have discovered a way to actually control the host Oidian and have complete dominion over it.

This was a dreadful time of our history. Soon enough, both species began to fear the other. Nobody trusted each other. The Bovase slowly stopped making intimate connections with the Oidians they served, and the Oidians stopped seeking out a serving Bovase. Out of fear and hunger, the Bovase began to latch on to a hosting Oidian in secret, never revealing his or her presence if possible. Many of the Oidians taught themselves to emanate no emotions, and some of them even learned how to stop thinking altogether.

That's when the First War started.

It was the Bovase that started it. And it was more of a Civil war between the Bovase that by default drew in the Oidians. The war was between two Bovase factions: the Lil and the Poa. The Poa said the Bovase should be masters and the Oidians the slaves, and the Lil said the Bovase was meant to be the servant and the Oidian the master.

The war was fought with Bovase leading host Oidians into the battle like a Human soldier riding it's horse into an army, like your wars on Earth of course.

Tyler smiled. "Thankfully we stopped using horses for fighting a long time ago."

Pardon my mistake, my lady. Tyler imagined him bowing. I have much to learn about the Human species.

"Please continue." Said Tyler, pulling at a small knot in her hair with her brush.

Of course, my dear. As I was saying. It was a horrendous battle, one that lasted several years.

"Several years!!" Tyler stammered, taken aback.

Indeed. During portions of that time, the Oidians were fully invested in the war. Many of them would fight with zeal that matched that of the Bovase.

"Well surely there were only Oidians fighting on the side of the Lil, er... the side that wanted Oidains to remain in control!"

Ah, one would think mistress. But believe it or not, there were also many Oidians that believed that they were meant to be controlled by the Bovase. They were willing to give up all of their freedoms to live a life without responsibility and control.

Tyler was stunned. It was crazy to imagine that a being would actually want to give up their agency.

When the war was finally over my lady, which side do you think came out on top?

A sick feeling twisted through her stomach.

Yes. The Poa.

Tyler stopped brushing her hair and placed the brush down next to her on the mat. A rampage of emotions was circling through her, emotions of bitter pain and burning loathing like she had never experienced before.

Then, just as quickly as they had come, they faded away.

P-please forgive me my lady. Faltered Ishnook. He paused a moment to collect himself. I should never have let my emotions flow from me like that. I had no intentions of sharing those emotions with you or motivating your feelings on the subject in any way. I won't let it happen again.

Tyler was stunned. She picked up her brush again out of habit.

I apologize again my mistress. That sort of thing... that emotional manipulation, is forbidden for the Lil.

"...It's alright Ishnook," Tyler said gently, "your feelings are incredibly strong."

My lady, I believe this answers a previous question of yours. Many of the Oidians fighting with the Poa were possessed by powerful Bovase, Bovase that intentionally let their own emotions to flow freely through the host Oidian. Those Oidians were driven almost by obsession to fight.

"What happened after the Poa won the war?" Questioned Tyler, resuming her brushing.

When the war was finally over, both the Bovase and the Oidians were teetering near extinction. Not only had the vile war wiped out both of the armies, but the effects on the planet were also catastrophic. The once habitable areas of Gnumus had been stripped bare, and soon the dust dunes covered the planet where life used to be.

The Bovase, the majority being Poa, joined together in an attempt to restore the land. The Oidians hid themselves away, not wanting to join with the Bovase ever again. They destroyed thousands of their records, trying to eliminate the existence of the Bovase in their culture. Thousands of them even ended their own lives to escape this world.

After a short time, the Oidians disappeared completely. It has been close to a century since anyone has seen an Oidian. As you know, they are believed to be extinct now. The Bovase that survived also went into hiding for years. The planet was essentially dead.

"So... You're not a Poa." Asked Tyler cautiously.

No, dear me my lady. If I were a Poa, you would not have much agency. Your emotions and most likely your actions would be controlled by me. I am a Lil.

Tyler figured that. "But there are Poa still on Gnumus?"

Ishnook hesitated.

"I'm asking" she added quickly, "because, well... what if I wasn't the only one that got a Bovase? What if one one of my teammates was possessed by a Poa?"

The Bovase thought for a moment. I suppose it is possible... that one of them was possessed by a Poa, I mean. No, my lady, continued Ishnook, I may be mistaken, but I don't remember there being many Bovase present in the area you were exploring. At least, not many that I knew about.

"What? Where did they go?"

Well, the Lil that survived the war were hunted, most of them still spend their lives hiding now. There aren't many of us left in our species I'm afraid.

"And what about the Poa?"

Well Mistress, Ishnook sighed there is another story that I need to tell you. A few decades after the war, after most of the Lil had either been killed or hidden, a leader rose up among the Poa Bovase. His name was Arbol Ikagoss.

Arbol was a powerful Bovase, capable of doing things that had never been heard of among the Bovase species. He also had some strong beliefs. Arbol believed that the Bovase species was meant to be more than masters on their own now dying planet. Arbol believed that they were meant to be gods of the Pentaverse. 

He was a convincing leader, to the point that even some of the Lil left from their hiding to join his army. Ishnook shook his head.

"And..." Tyler said after it seemed like Ishnook had finished. "You don't know what happened to Arbol?"

I imagine he is on some remote part of Gnumus, still making plans and building his army somewhere. Ishnook shrugged. I am very grateful for the opportunity to escape my home planet, my lady. Gnumus is not a good place to be right now.

Tyler nodded. "I can understand why."

Tyler sat thoughtfully brushing her hair.

Many thoughts went through her head—she thought back on the day they spent on Gnumus, and she hoped that none of her teammates had unknowingly crossed paths with a Poa. She was eager to get off this ratty ship and be with her team again.

"Ishnook," she thought aloud, "what do you know about the Short Circuit that was marooned on Gnumus?"

Not much, my lady. From your thoughts I perceive that he did many awful things to his own species. Ishnook thought for a moment.

But I do remember when the Circuit ship crashed on the planet. There was quite a fuss about it through the underground Bovase communities.

Ishnook frowned. The Circuit didn't arrive on the planet until several days after the ship though, if I'm not mistaken.

Tyler blinked and stopped brushing. "Short... wasn't in the ship when it crashed?"

Yes. Ishnook said with a frown. He was not. A good friend of mine had investigated the crash when it happened. There were a few dead Circuit's on the ship, but not this Short. Then some Bovase saw the Circuit as he was dropped from a different ship a few days afterwards.

That's not right... Thought Tyler.

Whats the matter, Mistress?

The Queen had told them that she had forced Short and his ship to crash land on Gnumus.

Oh. That is... odd, my lady. Perhaps... well... perhaps I am mistaken. But no, surely not. I am quite certain now that I think of it... the news caused quite a commotion... hm.

So... Short was not on the ship when it crashed.

Ishnook followed her train of thought. My dear, he continued cautiously, if I may be straightforward, it seems like the information you received about Short was false.

I... I believe the Queen was lying to you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 340 18
Set in 2023 on a parallel universe, fifteen patients in a drug experiment research facility have no choice but to fight against a mutated version of...
90 11 7
Ever imagined what it's like to be a zombie? Do you truly feel nothing? Are you just a mindless creature that randomly attacks anyone or anything? ...
230K 9.7K 34
When an Alien ship came to anchor just outside Earth's atmosphere and contacted humans for the first time, the whole planet was in an uproar. People...
BLUE VENOM By Lia

Paranormal

626 107 22
"Holy crap", I said, staring at the huge green forest opening we were standing on. Only it wasn't a forest. Thick, lush jungle surrounded us. We were...