Waiting Shapeless

By KennyFyor

*Completed* Ranked #1 in alienplanet in Jan 20 2020 Please, LISTEN TO ME!! I know you think I'm crazy and I k... More

Prologue
Chapter 1. Lertrel
Chapter 2. Junit
Chapter 3. Junit
Chapter 4. Lertrel
Chapter 5. Space, traveling from Junit
Chapter 6. Space, orbiting Lertrel
Chapter 7. Orbiting Gnumus
Chapter 8. Orbiting Lertrel
Chapter 9. Space, unknown location.
Chapter 10. Space, unknown location
Chapter 11. Two years ago
Chapter 12. Gnumus
Chapter 13. Gnumus
Chapter 14. One year and a half ago
Chapter 15. Gnumus
Chapter 16. Gnumus
Chapter 17. Gnumus
Chapter 18. Gnumus
Chapter 19. Two years ago
Chapter 20. Pareyline
Chapter 21. Gnumus
Chapter 22. Twenty seven years ago
Chapter 23. Gnumus
Chapter 24. Gnumus
Chapter 26. Pareyline
Chapter 27. Gnumus
Chapter 28. Four years ago
Chapter 29. Orbiting Gnumus
Chapter 30. Orbiting Gnumus
Chapter 31. Orbiting Gnumus
Chapter 32. Orbiting Gnumus
Chpater 33. Orbiting Gnumus
AN
Chapter 34. Orbiting Gnumus
Chapter 35. Orbiting Gnumus
AN 2
Chapter 36. Deep space, unknown location
Chapter 37. Orbiting Gnumus
Chapter 38. Deep space, unknown location
AN 3
Chapter 39. One year ago
Chapter 40. Space, unknown location
Chapter 41. Pareyline
Chapter 42. Space, unknown location
Chapter 43. Orbiting Gnumus
Chapter 44. Pareyline
Chapter 45. Earth
Chapter 46. Gnumus
Chapter 47. Letters of encouragment
AN 4
Chapter 48. Deep space, unknown location
Chapter 49. Gnumus
Chapter 50. Space, unknown location
Chapter 51. Gnumus
Chapter 52. Letters of strategy
Chapter 53. Gnumus
Chapter 54. Gnumus
Chapter 55. Gnumus
Chapter 56. Gnumus
Chapter 57. Letters of love
Chpater 58. Gnumus
Chapter 59. Letters of power
Chapter 60. Gnumus
Chapter 61. Gnumus
Chapter 62. The team seven
Chapter 63. Space
Epilogue
AN 5
Names and Ponunciation
Introduction

Chapter 25. Gnumus

38 4 1
By KennyFyor

Byralnus: Ferionous

"So how long have you had a death laser in your face, Captain?

Bryalnus sighed. They had continued down the passage after the fight. Bai was visibly more relaxed, either from the now bright light that lit their path, or the idea that she had a walking super weapon next to her.

Though Bryalnus still worried about her. She was sure to deal with some trauma after witnessing the officers being killed by the Circuits.

Byralnus hated thinking of himself as a super weapon. He didn't like the idea of being perfectly suited for war. Bai's question annoyed him a little, although he had to admit that the question was fair.

Now in days, most of the Ferionus species weren't trained to be able to coalesce energy. The ones that could kept their coalesced energy a secret from the other species, rarely using it if at all. Byralnus had even heard a rumor that some of the younger Ferionus generations weren't even born with the potential to collect energy.

He hoped that one day the ability disappeared from the entire species completely.

"I've had it... all my life." He replied quietly. "I try not to use it." Byralnus didn't want to lie to Bai, but he also didn't want to talk about it. "I spent a lot of my past fighting... in stupid wars. I don't like that part of my past though. I try to forget about it."

Bai looked thoughtful for a moment as they trudged on through the muck. "Well... personally I'm glad you can do that. Especially back there. But... I can keep it a secret if..." She glanced over at Byralnus, "...If that's what you want?" Her voice was very sincere.

The crystal looked up at her and nodded. "I would appreciate that." He hesitated. "...It's not that I want to keep it a secret from this team. I just don't want to ever be used as a weapon like I once was. So I try to keep my past hidden."

Bai smiled kindly. "I understand Captain. I know that I'm not the most reliable when it comes to keeping my mouth shut. But I'll do my best in this case."

Byralnus chuckled. "I trust you, EkirBai"

There was a sound of fast approaching footsteps and both looked up, startled.

From around the bend ran Tyler.

*************************************

Their reunion was joyous and full of tears, particularly from Tyler and Bai. Byralnus briefly scolded Tyler for her reckless actions, but ultimately he was relieved that she was found and safe. They recounted each other's stories, Bai and Byralnus left out the part about the fight and explained that they had run and did not see what had happened, only that all the Circuits had been destroyed in the loud explosion they had all heard. Tyler told them about the dead Circuit that came back to life and seemed to have been watching her.

"We need to find the Short Circuit and get out." Byralnus said resolutely. 

"No, we need to just get out or we'll end up just like those officers!" Tyler said anxiously. "I'm sick of being in this hellhole!"

"I think that we will be fine, Jacobs." Said the captain calmly.

"How can you say that, you watched them die! And they had weapons! We could all die here!"

Bai glanced at Byralnus nervously.

"Alright. We will leave. The exit is just back the way we came. I think we will be fine if we stay quiet." Said Byralnus.

Tyler was still on edge, but was reassured by the decision to immediately leave.

They traveled quietly down the passageway, heading back the way Bai and Byralnus had come from. Even though the atmosphere was much less horrifying, they still walked in relative silence, keeping their senses alert.

Not far down the corridor was the room where Byralnus had destroyed the small machine, and when they reached it, Byralnus motioned for them to stop. 

"When I first destroyed the mechanism that was protecting the ship" whispered the crystal being, "I heard a scream coming from somewhere nearby."

"I heard it too!" Bai nodded.

Tyler examined the empty poles hanging from the blue ceiling, the scorch marks along the walls, and worst of all the blood of the officer that had been crushed against the floor, the remains of his pulverized body mixed in with the black muck.

Tyler felt nauseous and forced herself to look away.

"I think it was the Short Circuit." Remarked Byralnus, his voice still hushed.

Tyler and Bai looked at him, both unsure.

"And what do we do if we find him?" asked Tyler quietly. "We're going to end up like that guy." She pointed to the officer's body without looking at it.

"I think we should go assess the situation." Bryalnus said calmly. "We are so close to finishing our mission, Jacobs."

This was unsettling to Tyler. If the Circuits they had met at this point were dangerous, how much more dangerous would Short be? She felt like they were already just moments away from being helplessly chased down by an army of distorted machines. All she wanted at this moment was to get out of this haunted vessel as soon as possible.

"I don't like this guys." Whispered Tyler.

"Jacobs, you stay with EkirBai. I will go check out the surrounding area." Byualnus looked at both of them sternly. "If anything happens, leave me and get out of here as soon as you can. Understand?"

Tyler and Bai nodded solemnly.

Bai was not as content with this plan however. Knowing what she knew, it was obvious that the closer they stuck to Byralnus, the safer they would be. But that was a secret that she somehow had to keep.

Byralnus nodded in return, then turned to leave them. He slid into the large room quietly, eyeing the two doorways that he planned to explore.

The door to the right was where all the rogue Circuits had emerged, so Byralnus went first to the other door directly in front of him.

He could feel power course though his body as he assessed how much coalesced energy he had left. There was plenty. If he needed to, he would use it again without hesitation.

*************************************

Bai and Tyler had stayed as silent as possible while waiting in the tar stained hallway. Conversation had been quiet and minimal.

Nothing had happened. The now brightly lit corridor stayed empty and silent save for the two of them.

Suddenly there were splashing noises coming from the direction they had been heading. Both Bai and Tyler spun in that direction, eyes wide and preparing to run.

It was Jirabi.

"...Jirabi?" Said Bai quietly.

The large purple figure was jogging towards them with Heva clinging tightly on the top of his head.

"Yes! It's Jirabi and Heva!" Said Tyler with hushed excitement.

They were clearly visible now, Jirabi ran forward with the small blue Heva perched atop his head, tightly grasping to his long horns. Her large feather flapped carelessly behind her.

Tyler waved at them as they approached and motioned for them to be quiet. Jirabi slowed to a trot and approached silently.

"I'm glad to see you guys are alright, we heard something like an explosion!" Whispered Jirabi. "Where is the captain?"

Tyler pointed into the large mechanical room they were standing next to. "He went to investigate the area."

"Okay good, so everyone is..." He trailed off, eying the crushed remains of the officer just ahead of them. "Oh Ruolt... what happened??" He covered his mouth with his hand, gagging slightly.

Tyler had barely started to tell her story when Byralnus appeared at the doorway.

"Malba! Belnag! I ordered you two to stay outside of the ship!" He said, slightly disgruntled.

"I know sir, but we heard some sort of explosion!" Stammered Jirabi, Heva still quietly hanging on to the top of his sleek head.

"Well... you're both here now whether I like it or not, so I'm going to put you to work." Byralnus said flatly. "I found the Short Circuit—we're going to need to carry him out of here."

"You found him??" Bai gasped.

Byralnus didn't wait to respond. He walked quietly back into the room and gestured for them to follow. Tyler went first, then Bai and Jirabi with Heva.

The room still had the remains of the first Circuit that had been shot to pieces by the two officials. Then there was the second officer, the remains of his mangled body still clinging to the wall where he had been pressed to death.

Tyler felt herself gag once again, but she pressed on, adverting her eyes until they had passed out of the room.

They weaved through several rooms before stopping in a smaller one with only one entrance. The room was empty and surprisingly void of the black ooze.

There frozen in the corner was what Tyler supposed was Short Circuit.

The Circuit was not hanging from the ceiling, but instead it was encased in a bulky robotic suit. The Circuit's body was completely visible, covered by a thick wall of transparent material like it was in a glass box. There was a plasma lifeline inside of the transparent box from which the rest of the suit was attached. There, the creature hung. At its sides, the suit had two powerful looking arms, and underneath, two large dog-like legs that balanced the suit upright.

The Circuit inside was unnerving to look at, but Tyler could hardly keep herself from looking away. It looked whole and undamaged, its two arms hanging limply at its sides and its one large eye glowed brightly. But at its base under the glass eye was a painted mouth drawn upward like a deranged smile, sharp triangles like teeth lining the inside of it. It looked like it had been drawn with the same black muck that flooded the hallways.

The Circuit twitched as they cautiously approached, jerking slightly to the side seemingly at random.

The group stood there watching it apprehensively.

"Is he... alive?" Whispered Bai.

"Yes." Answered Byralnus, not looking away from the Circuit. "But I believe it is immobilized for some reason. Maybe when I restored power to the ship it did something to its exosuit." He walked over to the thing and pushed it slightly.

Tyler held her breath.

The suit swayed slightly, but did not make any noticeable movement on it own.

The group watched it tentatively, seeing if it would react.

The Circuit continued to twitch without change.

"The queen did say that we would find Short in a strange robotic suit..." Muttered Tyler nervously.

The group stared at the grinning robot in its suit silently.

Byralnus eyed the being cautiously. "Are you the Admiral of this ship, Circuit?" He called to it.

The Circuit twitched in its suit several times in succession. Suddenly a hissing buzz sounded from him, causing Tyler and Bai to jump in surprise.

"Belnag." Said Byralnus after the screech had ended. He turned towards the small blue ball still perched atop Jirabi's head. "Was that a language that you understand?"

The tendril of the golden feather on top of the Terilli bobbled as she shook her head no. "It is not a Circuit language as far as I can tell." She mumbled quietly.

"Lets get it out of here and on to our ship." Ordered Byralnus quietly. "I have a feeling he's the Circuit we are looking for."

"How are we going to carry it through the dunes all the way back to our ship?" frowned Jirabi. The task did not sound easy.

"Since I broke the restraining mechanism, I can call the scouter to right outside the wreck. All we need to do is get this guy out of here." Explained Byralnus.

Jirabi hesitantly approached the encased Circuit. It continued to twitch randomly. He lifted it up with some effort onto his shoulders as Tyler quickly grabbed Heva from off of his head.

"Oh, Jirabi, here let me help dear." Offered Bai. She rushed to his side and held up half of the robot.

"Thanks Bai."

"Are you two alright with that?" Asked Byralnus.

Jirabi and Bai nodded.

"Then let's get out of here once and for all."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 340 18
Set in 2023 on a parallel universe, fifteen patients in a drug experiment research facility have no choice but to fight against a mutated version of...
MisFits By Vee

Adventure

134 0 13
MY ORIGINAL BOOK PLEASE READ FOR YOUR SAFTEY & KNOWLEDGE!!! PLEASE!! The book cover had my full name so I covered it and put my user. I didn't want t...
614 16 12
I am proud to be writing this novel for you. I know I am very proud of myself for the efforts and time I have dedicated to this unique story. I hope...
251 19 23
The multiverse theory states that there is a universe for every possible scenario, a number so large it's possibly infinite. Would that mean there's...