Waiting Shapeless

KennyFyor द्वारा

*Completed* Ranked #1 in alienplanet in Jan 20 2020 Please, LISTEN TO ME!! I know you think I'm crazy and I k... अधिक

Prologue
Chapter 1. Lertrel
Chapter 2. Junit
Chapter 3. Junit
Chapter 4. Lertrel
Chapter 5. Space, traveling from Junit
Chapter 6. Space, orbiting Lertrel
Chapter 8. Orbiting Lertrel
Chapter 9. Space, unknown location.
Chapter 10. Space, unknown location
Chapter 11. Two years ago
Chapter 12. Gnumus
Chapter 13. Gnumus
Chapter 14. One year and a half ago
Chapter 15. Gnumus
Chapter 16. Gnumus
Chapter 17. Gnumus
Chapter 18. Gnumus
Chapter 19. Two years ago
Chapter 20. Pareyline
Chapter 21. Gnumus
Chapter 22. Twenty seven years ago
Chapter 23. Gnumus
Chapter 24. Gnumus
Chapter 25. Gnumus
Chapter 26. Pareyline
Chapter 27. Gnumus
Chapter 28. Four years ago
Chapter 29. Orbiting Gnumus
Chapter 30. Orbiting Gnumus
Chapter 31. Orbiting Gnumus
Chapter 32. Orbiting Gnumus
Chpater 33. Orbiting Gnumus
AN
Chapter 34. Orbiting Gnumus
Chapter 35. Orbiting Gnumus
AN 2
Chapter 36. Deep space, unknown location
Chapter 37. Orbiting Gnumus
Chapter 38. Deep space, unknown location
AN 3
Chapter 39. One year ago
Chapter 40. Space, unknown location
Chapter 41. Pareyline
Chapter 42. Space, unknown location
Chapter 43. Orbiting Gnumus
Chapter 44. Pareyline
Chapter 45. Earth
Chapter 46. Gnumus
Chapter 47. Letters of encouragment
AN 4
Chapter 48. Deep space, unknown location
Chapter 49. Gnumus
Chapter 50. Space, unknown location
Chapter 51. Gnumus
Chapter 52. Letters of strategy
Chapter 53. Gnumus
Chapter 54. Gnumus
Chapter 55. Gnumus
Chapter 56. Gnumus
Chapter 57. Letters of love
Chpater 58. Gnumus
Chapter 59. Letters of power
Chapter 60. Gnumus
Chapter 61. Gnumus
Chapter 62. The team seven
Chapter 63. Space
Epilogue
AN 5
Names and Ponunciation
Introduction

Chapter 7. Orbiting Gnumus

66 8 1
KennyFyor द्वारा

Tyler: Human

The team sat patiently in the bright waiting room. They had arrived at the Circuit mothership only a few minuets ago, and had been guided through the ship by a friendly Circuit who told them the Queen had been expecting them.

The room was decorated nicely, with comfortable furniture for the visitors. It was clear that the room was meant for beings other than the Circuits to lounge in; all the furniture was obviously only meant for someone that stood on the floor and could sit, not for something that hung from the ceiling as the Circuits do.

As she sat waiting with the team, Tyler wondered what kind of furniture the Circuits would use to rest in, if they used any at all.

It wasn't long before the Circuit Queen glided into the room. She looked like the rest of the Circuits except for an elegant crown looking decoration above her head.

"Welcome Travelers." She said with a smiled voice. "I trust that my officers treated you with the utmost hospitality while you waited?"

Tyler smiled kindly. Hospitality? They hadn't seen a single Circuit since the guide dropped them off into the room.

"Yes your majesty." Promptly answered Byralnus. "Let me introduce myself and my crew. I am Captain Byralnus. We are the CSC's team seven. This," he pointed towards each of the teammates, "is Jirabi Malba, my first mate; Heva Belnag, species specialist; Tyler Jacobs, engineering specialist; and EquirBai, the... extra hand."

Bai glared at him.

"The Pleasure is all mine." Said the Queen, nodding to each of them in turn. "Please, let us move to a room that is more comfortable. Shall we?" she raised her metallic arm and led them out the door.

Just outside the door stood two larger Circuits with bulkier bodies to escort the Queen as they all filed from the door into the wide hallway.

The hallway was filled with Circuits gliding swiftly from place to place, but as the group moved out into the bustle the Circuits all moved aside in respect to the Queen.

"Your majesty." Called Byralnus, "I assume you know why we are here?"

"Yes Captain Byralnus. Please, let us find a place more private before we 'get down to business' as they say."

The group walked in silence behind the Queen and her escorts. The Circuit ship was impressive, and as Tyler walked she could see some Human designs that were integrated into the Circuit culture.

It was interesting to see a Circuit up close for the first time. Examining them, it was suddenly clear to Tyler why she had never seen one in person before. Their oval bodies were attached to the ceiling of the ship by a thick metal pole, as if they were physically part of the ship.

Put simply, one had to be on a Circuit ship to see a Circuit.

Soon the group turned down a separate hallway that led to a room that was similar to the waiting room they were just in, but smaller and more formal and private. The room had a row of chairs that were all placed in a semicircle formation in the middle of the room.

Each of them took seats as the guards waited outside and the door was closed.

The Queen glided to the center of the semi circle facing the group. "Alright, Captain Byralnus. We may speak freely in this room."

"Yes your majesty." Said Byralnus courtly. "As I said earlier, we represent the Conservation of Species Committee and we are here to discuss a possible endangerment with your species. I assume you are aware of the... endangerment?"

"Yes." Said the queen, almost sighing. "Yes... it is a serious issue, Captain. But an issue we have recently solved." She said firmly.

"Oh?" Byralnus replied, surprise sounding in his voice. "If you could please, your majesty, explain what the issue is? What is causing the large decrease in your species population?"

"What HAS caused, Captain. As I said, we have solved the problem. But for your organization's records, I will relay everything of importance to you. I suppose we are still in need of your society's assistance."

The queen paused a moment as if to compile her thoughts. "Approximately three years ago, one of my highest ranking Admirals, Admiral 0100111, mysteriously disappeared while carrying out a mission in the Retriplis Universe.

"He had with him an entire fleet, all of which disappeared along with him. Then, a year later, the Admiral and his fleet returned. But the Admiral wasn't the same Circuit. His mind had been detached from the unity of the Motherboard. The sacred Mothorboard being the holy entity of laws we as Circuits are bound to, of course.

"The fleet was completely under his control and with it he traveled the Pentaverse, hunting down the other fleets stationed in various sectors, destroying everything related to the Circuits species he encountered.

"Only a few circuits have ever survived the attacks, all of them badly injured and close to death." The Queen continued, her demeanor turning seemingly dark.

"Their reports about the Admiral's fleet are haunting. They babble on about Circuits with dim red eyes and missing limbs that mercilessly slaughter millions of other Circuits. This is the source of the destruction of my species. And until now, the rouge Admiral has been unstoppable.

"After two years of this seemingly endless genocide we were finally able to corner the killer and destroy the majority of his demonic fleet. As I mentioned this happened recently. We forced him to crash land his ship on this small deserted planet that we now orbit. The ungodly planet is called Gnumus. Now he spends his days haunting that side of the planet in a powerful robotic suit of unknown origins, exploring his ship without the limitations of the lifeline."

"A suit that enables him to leave the lifeline..?" Muttered Byralnus in thought.

The queen nodded. "He is no longer synchronized with the unity of the Circuits. We would destroy him now, but to kill another Circuit is against the first law of the Motherboard. A law I am bound by."

The group sat in silence. Hearing the robotic queen recite the story was chilling.

"Your majesty," interjected Jirabi softly, breaking the long silence. "Do you have any idea what happened to this admiral that changed him so dramatically?"

The Circuit turned to look at the Kelpar. "We speculate that his inner mechanics shorted out. This is a rare occurrence, and when it does happen it always kills the circuit. The Admiral is the first Circuit in documented history to survive such a major malfunctioning. My commanders call him the 'Short Circuit'."

The group looked at each other.  Tyler had expected there to be some sort of disease that was killing the Circuits, but this was much different. This was mass genocide.

"We would confront the admiral ourselves," continued the Queen, "Lock him away permanently perhaps, but he has... a way with our technologies. His previous high ranking authority gives him power over most Circuit systems and we cannot combat that.

"This is where I would ask you to come in. Go to Gnumus and find the Short Circuit. Then, by whatever means possible, end him. I don't even want him alive any longer."

The queen's voice became soft. "...Please, team seven. I cannot bear to lose any more of my kind."

Silence again.

"Your majesty, forgive me if I seem rude," said Byralnus, "But I don't understand why you ask us to capture the short Circuit instead of calling for the assistance of the PPF? Surly they would be more suited to take down a murderer than the CSC."

"The Police Force is corrupt, Captain." Said the Queen, her voice turning cold. "Their actions are controlled by powerful cartels and gangs of the Pentaverse, such as the Rhaa. If you choose to ally yourselves with such, it is your business. But I would rather put my trust in a more reliable source."

Tyler frowned. She had heard before that some of the smaller government agencies took orders from shady outside sources, but never an organization as big as the Pentaverse Police Force. The thought of it brought a discomforting feeling of nausea.

"I believe that your organization honestly cares about the survival of our species." Continued the Queen. "And that is why I have given you my time today."

"—And for that we are indeed grateful, your majesty." Said Byralnus. "We will help you in ending this crisis."

"Then we will be in your debt." Nodded the Queen solemnly. "I am willing to assist you with this task in any way possible."

The Queen paused to change the course of the conversation. "Though we know the general location of the Admiral on Gnumus, his exact coordinates have proven to be difficult to acquire. However, we have a newer tool which might help you on your search."

The Queen nodded towards the door as it opened and a smaller Circuit glided through. It held in its small robotic clamp of a hand a small black box.

"This," said the Queen as the smaller Circuit handed the box to Byralnus, "will hopefully give you an accurate representation of your position to the Admiral. It runs on a quick frequency that will, with any luck, go unnoticed by the Short Circuit. You will find him encased in a robotic suit that enables him to leave the lifeline of his ship."

The small Circuit turned and left the room.

"Please feel free to stay here and rest as long as you need. You are doing our species a immense favor, one that we could never truly be able to repay you for."

Byralnus nodded slowly and smiled. "That is very kind of you, my Queen. But I believe I can speak for the team when I say we are ready to find the Short Circuit. We will leave tomorrow."

The reality of the situation sunk in after that last statement from Bryalnus. Tyler sat in her chair mildly stunned.

She was going to go catch a murderer.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

1.8K 40 38
A nobody finds himself an unwilling participant in a sprawling entertainment enterprise where fantasy, science-fiction, romance, sex, and death are s...
614 16 12
I am proud to be writing this novel for you. I know I am very proud of myself for the efforts and time I have dedicated to this unique story. I hope...
The Rebirth Of The Universe FayFay द्वारा

कल्पित विज्ञान

50 0 9
After the earth became inhabitable for more than two thousand years. Due to overpopulation, pollution, and global warming. No trace of human kind was...
Max and the Universe - Book I TheSpaceRings द्वारा

कल्पित विज्ञान

253 19 23
The multiverse theory states that there is a universe for every possible scenario, a number so large it's possibly infinite. Would that mean there's...