Will of a Hero ● Todobakudeku...

By Pandalion23

Being the daughter of the Number One Hero, (Y/n) Yagi had to learn how to overcome her fears at a young age... More

Prologue
{0}
{1}
{2}
{3}
{5}
{6}
{7}
{8}
{9}
{10}
{11}
{12}
{13}
{14}
{15}
{16}
{17}
{18}
{19}
{20}
{21}
{22}
{23}
{24}
{25}
{26}
{27}
{28}
{29}
{30}
{31}
{32}
{33}

{4}

5.8K 184 66
By Pandalion23

News traveled fast, All Might was out of the hospital, the symbol of peace was back on the streets, but no one had caught a glimpse of him yet. It seemed as though he hadn't returned at all, causing the people to wonder where exactly he could be. Some civilians had even taken the liberty to track All Might to his address, however finding nothing but an empty house left behind.

Izuku stared at the T.V. screen, his mother behind him, glancing down at her son worriedly before looking back up at the screen. Izuku held the pencil in his hand harshly, the remaining problem on his homework forgotten as he stares wide eyed at the news anchor, a picture of his hero, All Might, with his large signature grin, at the corner of the screen.

He hadn't known you were leaving the hospital today, if he did he would've visited you sooner, he hadn't seen you in alittle over two weeks and he felt horrible. Kacchan was just as on edge as he was, unable to find the time to travel the two hours to the hospital you were settled in. But, now you were out and if no one knew where you were that meant All Might had moved on, they weren't in town anymore.

He glanced at the phone, face down, on the wooden table in front of him, you hadn't called yet, and you hadn't been picking up any of his. He wasn't completely worried yet, you hadn't had your phone in the hospital with you so it had to be back at your house, without it on for more than 2 months, you had a different number. He had to be sure to answer all calls he got because any of them could be yours.

He hoped you weren't upset with him, he had hardly visited, only coming for a week's worth of your three month stay at the hospital. You had woken up the fourth time he saw you, you were sticking your fork into a wobbling bowl-shaped slab of jello, your face cringed before you huffed. He couldn't help but chuckle and he caught your attention, startling you instantly, he had another pair of camellias in his hand, his face flushed.

He could still remember his surprise when you had leaped off the bed, a brace still on your leg but you still were glowing a angelic white that flowed through your figure and shoved you right into him. "Zuku!" You squealed, happily. He wrapped his arm's around you and you both slammed into the door, his back hitting against it, he rubbed the back of his head, wincing, you gasped immediately and his eye's opened instantly checking if you were hurt. Your hands were on either side of his face, and he tensed up, his face burning hot as you worried over him, "Sorry! Sorry, I'm just really excited to see you. I didn't mean to--" she cut herself off with a short laugh before she backed off of his lap, Izuku was still frozen, only staring at you like an idiot. "Zuku-kun? Are you ok?" You crawled back over to him, and he sprang up, shocking you before you giggled as he extended his hands with the flowers.

"H-here!" He ducked his head shyly, his face burning hot. He relaxed as you took them, your fingers brushing against his, "Do you...um--do you like them?" He never got the chance to ask you before.

You nodded happily, and he breathed a small sigh of relief. "I love them," you smiled at him. You stood to your feet, extending your hand with a short laugh, "I can't believe you remembered, actually," he took your hand and you helped him off the floor, "I can totally believe that. I bet you have an entire page filled on it." You joked, turning to put the flowers in the case at your bedside.

Izuku blushed, fidgeting. You he may have been joking but he felt like he's been found out, you were actually right. He had almost an entire notebook on things you loved, your favorite foods, even up to your favorite color, which changes almost daily. "Uh, no, no! Why would-uhm--why would you think that?" He sweat dropped.

You didn't mind his sudden nervousness, setting the flowers into the water, you patted the bed next to you, he looked from the spot, up to you. Before walking forwards, putting his coat down onto the chair before climbing up onto the bed beside you. "I'm glad you're here," you smiled at him, before your lips were on his right cheek. "Thanks for coming, Zuku." You pulled away with a close eyed smile.

He was frozen, blinking once, twice before his mouth opened, nothing, his face turning tomato red, he began to breathe harshly, trying to form words. He forgot how to breathe, his hand came up to rest on his cheek and he sucked in and held it, you just kissed him, he could pass out tight now.

You giggled cutely before leaning on his shoulder, "So, have you heard from Katsu-kun?" You asked him, but you didn't really expect much of an answer. But, you were satisfied in his company, leaning your head on his shoulder, rubbing his back as you encouraged him to take a breath. "Uh, Zuku-kun, breathe. Breathe, Zu. Hey, come on, breathe," you shook him lightly, before panicking slightly as he doesn't follow, looking at you only makes him burn up. You frown before you slap him in the back, he nearly hits the floor if you didn't grab him by the collar. He wheezes, forgetting about your inhuman strength.

"Sorry," you winced, smiling awkwardly as you ask him again. "Are you ok?"

"G-great," he breathes.

It's like that for the rest of the visit, he hardly acts normal around you and you wonder if you should've kissed him, maybe he didn't like it?

But, you're worries were unneeded as Izuku couldn't stop thinking about it as the day progressed and wanted to confront it, he wanted you to do it again. He wanted you to say that you liked him too, even if he hadn't confessed it himself, god he wished he wasn't so scared of telling you, scared of his own feelings for you.

When he left that day, he looked at you, debating on leaning forwards to press a kiss anywhere on your face, maybe it would convey his feelings for you properly, but he wanted to say them too. So, when he turned towards you as the nurse closed the door after informing him of the end of visiting hours, he shuffled awkwardly in front of you.

You smiled gently, your eye's searching for his as he looked down at the ground, his fingers tapping at his sides, "Zuku-kun? Are you alright?" Your hand reaches forwards and he takes his chances, but he doesn't kiss you, his arm's encircle you, wrapping around your waist and pulls you in. "Umph!" You blush as he buries his head into your neck, although he was taller, you fit against him perfectly and you get over your slight shock and he shivers as your fingers run through his hair. "Zuku..." you breathed, but you didn't pull away, you only pulled him closer, making a pleased hum.

Izuku cursed himself, he didn't have the courage to do it, he couldn't kiss you, not without fearing you would reject him. He wished he was as confident as Kacchan, who wouldn't hesitate, who would yell his heart out without a care in the world. That made him pale, he knew Kacchan had feelings for you, why else would he treat you so tenderly, why would he miss you so much? He knew Kacchan for years, and he's never seen him look so...infatuated...so in love, he should say.

He wanted to tell you, and soon he would, he could do it, and he'd let you know how much...how much he truly loved you.

It's been about about a month now.

Izuku sighed heavily, he could still feel the weight on his chest from that moment, he still regrets never saying anything. What if you thought he didn't like you? What if you'd given up on him liking you if you actually did like him back? So many questions he wanted to ask you, most of which he didn't have the courage to tell you himself.

He'd tell you, he'd tell you when he saw you again, he had too. He needed too.

He only hoped he'd be in time.

That's when the phone rang, the house phone, he turned, confused. Inko, his mother answered it, "hello?" She asked, it took a few seconds, but her eyes widened and she immediately turned to Izuku, who's brows furrowed in concern.

"(Y/n), yes he's here," she said, her smile growing as her son's eye's went wide in relief before he was dashing over to the phone.

He took the extended phone, his heart going a mile a minute. "(Y/n)!" He could've cried right then and there, his smile was so wide it hurt.

Katsuki threw his palm outwards, an explosion setting off, hitting the tree trunk in front of him, it singed but didn't break away like he wanted. He frowned deeper, his eyes hardening before his lips pulled up into a sneer and he brought both hands up, sending two explosions at once. The smoke surrounds him, embers slowly disappearing in the winds, as it clears he smirks at least l slightly more satisfied as the splintering tree trunk. It was barely keeping it's weight up, with a few more hits he could knock it down completely.

His palms were aching slightly, a stinging sensation rippling through them but he didn't care, he would do this to get stronger, stronger than anyine, especially Deku. He'd do it for himself, to become the number one hero hero in the future! He had to, if you were gonna be beside him, he had to be the best for you, to protect you from any threat. To become your number one hero!

"Rraa!" He bellowed, his palms outstretched as he went in for a closing shot, his hand striking the tree with all his strength. He felt it break beneath his calloused fingers before he heard the creaking of its bark splitting inward. He glanced upwards as the tree began to curve, falling down towards him, he pales before grimacing and propelling himself to the side by sending an explosive blast behind him.

He watches as the large oak, about 20 feet in size, fall forwards and into the ground, creating a loud thud, thankfully the park was empty, and mostly abandoned. It took five close hits to take it down, hopefully within the year it would take just one.

He didn't feel a sense of pride, however, he's done this before, he's gone further than this many times over, practicing his quirk whenever he could. But, this time, he felt almost nothing, not anymore, almost like he's too distracted to continue...and he was, he couldn't stop thinking about where you could be. Why you hadn't contacted him, telling him him if you were ok, where you had gone. It was like you'd disappeared entirely....he hasn't heard from you in days, almost weeks.

He hoped more than anything that you'd just let him know you were alright, at least to out him at ease. Of course he'd yell at you till his lungs burned he'd never tell you how worried he was, how many times he's caught himself staring at the phone waiting for your call.

He wanted you back.

Later, he went home, walking back with his hands shoved deep into his pockets, a blank look on his face, he looked ahead, cat hung sight of the T.V. news blaring in about how All Might was back. He stopped, his eyes widening slightly, he watched the number one hero on the screen, an amateur video of his heroics on display.

"Oh it's good to have our Number One Hero back on the streets again, Daisuke! Crime is returning to its all time low, citizens are more at peace, and the city has never felt safer," the female anchor smiled widely, her eyes directed at the screen before turning turning to her Co-Anchor. "The reports are looking great, aren't they."

"That's right, Jun! All Might has made his debut once again, returning to his spot of number one after his amazing recovery!" than man grinned, "However the biggest scoop of the month has been All Might's secret child, a daughter, as leaked by a classified hero. Rowing suspicions have been that she was injured as well in the battle between one of All Might's foes," Katsuki's jaw clenched bitterly at the reminder, recalling visiting you for the third time to find you awake, barely able to stand without help, but you were walking down the hallway anyway, your leg still broken. He found you the fourth time pushing through a routine of push ups, your arm's and legs weak from underuse. You had been so motivated to keep going even when you were hospitalized and had unknowingly urged him, inspired him to work harder than ever. "She's a young girl as well, sources say no older than 8 or 9 years old. We hope to hear more about the young one, maybe our hero will be able to spread some light on the mystery of his daughter. Stay tuned for the next update, this is channel 107..." Katsuki sighed walking off, he was almost glad no one had found out who you actually were by now. Although he imagined it would be even harder for you to blend in without being acknowledged as the daughter of the Number on hero.

Katsuki shook his head, continuing on the walkway to his home, opening the door to find his mother preparing dinner. Before he could make it to his room, she called for him, "Katsuki!"

He grumbled. "What is it, old hag?"

She clenched her teeth, before roaring at him. "Don't you talk to your mother like that brat! Now get down here!"

"I'll talk to you however I feel like, now whaddya want!?" He stomped back down the stairs to the kitchen, yelling all the way, grinding his teeth together.

Instead of getting upset again like he expected, she extended a small note to him, her brows furrowed slightly but her expression softer than before. "I don't know what she sees in your hot headed attitude you little runt. But, she called the house phone," Her eyes softened as her son's face visibly sank at having missed her call, but brightened slightly at her calling him at all. "Call her back, ok?"

He took the note, looking at the paper to see a number, he didn't recognize it, but you had given it so it had to be yours. "Yeah," he replied, glancing up at his mother before taking the phone off the counter and heading to his room. All the while, dialing dialing the number, his fingers moving shakily over the dial pad, he's waited to talk to you for what felt like years. He'd finally hear your voice.

It rang. And it rang. He sat down on his desk chair, his left leg hitting the ground rapidly, shaking impatiently. What if you didn't answer? Well, fuck it, he'd just keep calling!

It rang.

The noise was killing him now.

It rang.

He felt his shoulders slumping, it took only one more be for either went to voice mail, maybe this wasn't your number, maybe you didn't want to talk--"Hello?"

Katsuki froze, his breathing hitched. He straightened instantly, his eyes wide and burning. That voice....it was you. He gave a mental sigh of relief, his chest throbbing from how fast it beat against his ribs.

"Hello?" You asked again, hopefully.

He sucked in a breath. God, he missed you...

It had been a month since you've left the hospital, healed enough to progress the days without 24 hour medical supervision, your father signed you both out the hospital and took your hand, leading you out the front, hospital door. Reporters were waiting, knowing that today All Might, their hero, was coming out the hospital, seen for the first time in months by the public. But, only Toshinori Yagi walked out, a skeleton of a man with a little girl at his side, his hand wrapped around hers and both nerve-wrackingly walking past the bombarding journalists begging for an interview with the hospital staff.

"Is it true that All Might is checking out today?"

"Will we be able to get an interview with his daughter?"

"What time will they be leaving?"

"All Might! All Might!"

Little did they know the world's number one hero had just sauntered right by their oblivious camera crews, all fighting for an interview with a patient that wasn't even there anymore.

You couldn't deny that it felt amazing to finally be with your father in public, to actually walk around the city streets with him holding your hand because you were his. You were his daughter. You never realized that you'd missed something so simple, maybe becuase it's never been given....

While it wasn't the same, not like you'd imagined, being that your father, All Might, had reduced to a paper thin man, nothing like his heroic alter. Now, he was just, Toshinori Yagi, a normal citizen, no one special, at least not to the public, and he was free to take you where ever he pleased. You were free to hug your father in public, to even call him by his name, to eat a normal breakfast with him in the city. It was exciting, it was invigorating, it was unthinkable at one point...

With villains on the rise, your father had never been seen with you in public, only a select few really knew who your father's alter ego even was. Before, with your father being the world's number one defense and ally, he was also a huge target, there might as well had been a giant missile pointed directly at him with you in the crossfire. He wasn't going to risk it, he wouldn't even consider it...That meant, technically, you weren't his, not in public anyway, you didn't exist, you made no contact, they could never know.

Maybe he didn't know that it would hurt you in the process...to think that the symbol of peace was embarrassed to have a child in the first place...let alone a supposed quirkless one.

Of course, you knew that your father was once quirkless before the torch of One-for-All was passed down to him, and due to the late development of your own quirk, he had assumed that you'd remain quirkless. Imagine his surprise when that wasn't the case....

The appearance of your quirk changed everything. He knew that now, you could protect yourself, still young however, and inexperienced in your quirk. Thanks to him, regretfully. But your power grew, remarkably, but that'd also mean that you'd have to fight, you'd want to fight, most of all by his side. Becoming a Symbol of Peace like him, in the future, a path that he almost dreaded the moment that you'd take it, becoming a target all on your own. It didn't help that All-for-One knew perfectly well just who you were and where to find you, it didn't help that he wasn't there to protect you when you needed him either.

Toshinori glanced down at his daughter, who slept soundly on his shoulder, leaning into him with an arm draped over his torso. Your legs dangled at the edge of the cushioned seating of the cab as the car rattled gently beneath the road, the driver turning the wheel calmly at the next right. Your father smiled down at you, although it was sad, it had been a month, a month of nighttime kisses, movie dates, midday brunch, carousel rides, and window shopping for the heck of it. He did almost everything that he had never done with you before, when he saw how excited you were to just step outside with him, it broke him to pieces. He realized he's never even walked you to school, he's never taken you shopping, hugged you in public...

He remembered the way your breathing hitched when he wrapped his arm's around you after you had fallen off the swing when he pushed alittle too hard. You had laughed it off but he had been going on and on about how sorry he was, checking over your scrapes which you giggled away. Forgetting for once that he's never done so, he hugged you tightly, in the center of a Saturday afternoon city park, lifting you off your feet. You held on, nuzzling into his shoulder, if he had seen your face, he might've absolutely broken, you'd looked so shocked, so full of disbelief before your face morphed into delighted sadness, your eye's uncontrollably watering.

But, he kept a smile throughout the day, because you did, you were so happy, so exuberant. You might as well had ransacked the city, although you hardly bought anything towards your interest, you both just...never left each other's sides. It felt unthinkable now. Not after all the things that's happened, lessons learned, and promises to keep...

Toshinori laughed softly, watching his little girl attempt to properly eat her popcorn tub and hold it at the same time, her hand just inches from her mouth when it started wobbling before she grips it again. Insisting everytime that you've 'got this' before continuing walking beside him as he held their drinks and candy for the movie. Luckily his daughter wasn't so big on watching cartoons anymore, but that didn't mean he could sneak her into an R-Rated movie. Of course, you begged him, but he just continued to drag you away from the door and set you down in front of the theaters a few doors down. You gasped as you read the title, "Yes!" You thrusted your arm's upwards as you laughed, forgetting for a moment you still had popcorn in between them, kernels flying over your head and raining down on your father and you. You smiled sheepishly before your father opened the door do you, snickering and letting you both walk inside, the movie was actually pretty entertaining, he watched you laugh and gasp, all the while chewing relentlessly on your popcorn. This was your first trip to the theater.

Honestly, he couldn't believe he's missed all these special moments as you grew up, he couldn't believe he's missed so much, to think that you'd forgive him so easily everytime....This time would be different, this time, he'd be better, he'd be the father he promised, he could still be a world hero and yours at the same time.

The cab driver stopped the car slowly, turning in front of the apartment building, "Mister...your stop," he nods through the rear view mirror, seeing his absent-minded look. Toshinori nods before he places a hand on the side of your cheek, laying your head on his shoulder and opening the door. He wraps both arms arm's round you, carefully as to not wake you up, "have a good night," the driver says before the man nods. Carrying you out the car, he smiles softly before closing the door with his foot and walking towards the apartment building. Holding you close to his chest, you both had moved the moment you had come home from the hospital, packing, insisting on a smaller space for now, besides the house was mostly destroyed on the inside.

Tapping the floor number on the elevator, taking out his key, he turns it, with one hand supporting you evenly, the elevator travels upwards. Toshinori turns back to you, your sleeping face as the soft rumbles of the elevator fades, he pulls you close, pressing his forehead against yours. The door opens, leading straight to the open apartment, he takes the key before walking in, finding his way to your room, he sets you down on your bed. Brushing your hair out of your face as you roll over on your side, unconsciously.
"Goodnight (y/n)," he whispers, caressing the side of your face sweetly before leaving the room, letting a low flow of light pour into the room as he leaves it open slightly.

Toshinori sat down on the couch, holding a note in his hand that he knew belonged to his former master. Opening it, he read it with a sour look in his eyes before setting it down on the table and leaning back, sighing deeply.

It's time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

815K 24.5K 148
[BEING REWRITTEN] You and your twin brother, Katsuki Bakugou, have been close your whole life. Even through you two were close, you've always been ho...
51.9K 857 34
Various ships and x readers - x readers will be gender neutral unless otherwise mentioned! -probably a lot of x readers, they're easier for me to wri...
31.3K 703 27
"𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙟𝙪𝙞𝙘𝙮! 𝙋𝙤𝙥 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙩𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙗𝙞𝙩𝙘𝙝" [L/N] [Y/N] tries to be subtle about her growing feelings for her classmate. OR you ru...
34.1K 973 18
"𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘪'𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩." ╰┈ ➤ katsuki bakugo x fem!reader ☆彡 ╭┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ⋆.ೃ࿔* ˗ˏˋ 𝐅𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐁�...