Dear Emmett

By JasmineTheDreamer

When most people look back on their lives, they see that one defining event. The moment that changes everythi... More

Dear Emmett
Prologue.
Chapter One - [Spilled Breakfast & Spilled Secrets.]
Chapter Two - [Playground Troubles.]
Chapter Three - [Aunt Lauren.]
Chapter Four - [Paris.]
Chapter Five - [The Invite.]
Chapter Six - [The Party.]
Chapter Seven - [Hiding.]
Chapter Eight - [The Run-In.]
Chapter Nine - [Dinner Date.]
Chapter Ten - [Brooke's Trouble.]
Chapter Eleven - [The Truth.]
Chapter Thirteen - [Making Up.]
Chapter Fourteen - [Meeting The Family.]
Chapter Fifteen - [The Party.]
Chapter Sixteen - [Parker.]
Chapter Seventeen - [Madison.]
Chapter Eighteen - [Emmett's P.O.V]
Chapter Nineteen - [Emmett's House.]
Chapter Twenty - [The Lake.]
Chapter Twenty One - [Girl's Day.]
Chapter Twenty Two - [The Visit.]
Chapter Twenty Three - [Fruit Thief]
Chapter Twenty Four - [Kira's House.]
Chapter Twenty Five - [The Morning Before.]
Chapter Twenty Six - [The Appointment.]
Chapter Twenty Seven - [The Call.]
Chapter Twenty Eight - [The Resolution.]
Chapter Twenty Nine - [Eight Months.]
Chapter Thirty - [Welcome Home.]
Chapter Thirty One - [Sick.]
Chapter Thirty Two - [Christmas.]
Chapter Thirty Three - [New Years Eve.]
Chapter Thirty Four - [The Hospital.]
Chapter Thirty Five - [Brantley.]
Epilogue
I could use your help! :)

Chapter Twelve - [The Fight.]

136K 5.3K 502
By JasmineTheDreamer

The morning sun was what woke me up.

It had made it’s way through the curtain, slowly ascending across the wooden floor of Emmett’s bedroom, up the side of the bed and onto my face. I blinked groggily, not knowing for a second where I was.

Shifting, I rubbed my eyes and blinked a few times. An unfamiliar ceiling fan hung above me, and the sheets were soft in a way I wasn’t used to. In a split second, everything from the night before came flooding back to me.

Emmett knew about my pregnancy.

I bolted upright, gasping. My eyes widened. Emmett knew, and he didn’t tell me to screw off like I’d expected. Not only that, he’d made me sleep on his bed while he slept on the couch - in his own house.

My heart skipped a few beats.

Pushing my bangs out of my eyes, I pulled back my covers and swung my legs over the side of the bed. What time was it? My eyes darted towards the alarm clock on Emmett’s dresser, and saw it was only half past nine.

Before I walked downstairs, I made sure to straighten the bed as best I could and fix my hair a little bit. I didn’t know if he was downstairs or completely gone. What did he need to stick around for? Brooke was here.

I jogged down the stairs, my heart racing when I heard some rustling around in the kitchen. Emmett stood with his back to me, fixing a cup of coffee. There was one other mug out, which I expected to be his sisters.

Needing some coffee, I grabbed it anyway.

I felt Emmett’s eyes on me before he spoke.

“Should you be having coffee?” He asked.

“I, uh-” I began.

Brooke had decided to come into the kitchen at that moment, looking much better than she had the night before.

“Why shouldn’t you be having coffee?” She inquired.

Shit.

Brooke looked at me, wide-eyed and smiling while I felt myself blush scarlet.

I was nervous for a moment, unsure what to say. I was about to blurt out that I just didn’t do well with caffeine, but Emmett beat me to an answer.

“No, she’s pregnant.”

Several things happened at once. First, the coffee cup I was gripping fell to the floor, shattering at my feet. Hot coffee went everywhere - on the floor, on the cupboards, on my feet.  I let out a cry of indignation, not expecting that at all. Brooke’s jaw dropped.

“Emmett!” Brooke and I shouted at the same time.

Why would he do that?

“She had to find out eventually,” Emmett said, shrugging.

What?!” I shouted. That didn’t mean he had the right to blurt it out, with out even so much as asking me. “That doesn’t mean you should blurt it out the first chance you get!”

“You mean it’s true?” Brooke screeched.

“Might as well rip the band-aid off, darlin,” Emmett said defensively.

“This isn’t a band-aid, Emmett. This is a child!”

“Either way, it’s out in the open.”

“You had no right to do that!” I snapped at him.

“Yes I did,” Emmett growled back, seeming surprised that I was offended.

“You didn’t even ask me!”

“You mean it’s true?” Brooke yelled again, her face pale white.

Neither of us seemed to notice. I was absolutely fuming at his callous handling of the matter and his reaction about my anger.

“I don’t have to ask! It’s my baby, too!”

“Whatever,” I hissed, my blood absolutely boiling at being put on the spot like this. “I’m out of here.”

I turned on my heels and marched out of the kitchen. Behind me, I could hear Brooke’s less than quiet voice grilling Emmett. Good. He deserved it. I knew I’d probably get it, too, but I couldn’t blame her.

I knew she’d just be looking out for her brother when she did it.

Grabbing my keys from where I left them, I stormed out of the house and into the backyard. As I pushed open the barn door, I was grateful no one made a move to stop me. I was sure they were still in there, hashing this out.

Pulling out of the driveway, I was glad I had grabbed my phone before I went downstairs. I wouldn’t want to have to come back to get it. My clothes were still there, but those were just clothes.

For a second, I wondered if I was acting too harshly. Should I really be this upset?

But this was information he just learned. I was still trying to get used to it, and it probably hadn’t even fully sunk in for him. I was angry, and I didn’t want to be there for the conversation between him and Brooke.

She was going to hate me now.

I could feel it in my gut. Whatever friendship I was forming with her was going to vanish now. Poof. Right into thin air. She’d probably tell Madison, too. Soon all of Paris would known why I’d stumbled into the sleepy little town.

Aunt Lauren was pretty surprised when I stormed into the house.

“I thought everything went fine!” She exclaimed, watching me stomp around the house.

“It had gone fine. It had gone great until Emmett just blurted out to his sister this morning that I was pregnant. Just blurted it out with out even asking me,” I huffed.

“Well, that was pretty inconsiderate.”

“I know. And then he acted like I didn’t have a right to be mad.”

“He should have asked you before he said anything. You guys should be telling people together now that he knows. Or at least if he is going to tell people with out you, he should have asked you first.”

Sitting down on the couch, I crossed my arms.

I intended to spend the rest of the afternoon simmering, and that was exactly what I did. Emmett and Brooke didn’t text me, and I didn’t try to talk to them. I was a little nervous. I was upset, but I truly didn’t want anyone to hate me. Especially not those two.

At about half past eight Aunt Lauren came down, dressed for work. Another night shift. Her schedule was crazy, but after this next week they were getting another officer so she’d just work noon to nine pm.

“What are you going to do tonight?” Aunt Lauren asked.

“Probably just sit here,” I shrugged.

It was Sunday night. There wasn’t anything to do anyway.

“They’ve got really good burgers at that bar in town. Why dont you go get yourself one?” She asked.

“You know what, that’s a good idea,” I said, smiling at her and nodding my head. After she left for work, I dressed in jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt. I braided my head to one side and went out to the truck.

I’d noticed when I went out there this morning, that the window was fixed. It rolled up and down just fine. Emmett had done it sometime after I went to bed and before I had gone to sleep. I hadn’t really had time to thank him before we fought.

I found a stool in the bar, near the end where no where was sitting and ordered my burger and fries.

“Anything to drink, sweetheart?” The bartender asked me.

“Just some milk.”

A few seats down, a guy who didn’t seem to be much older than me started flirting with me heavily. I wasn’t sure if I looked older or if he just didn’t care, but it made me a little bit uncomfortable. He was being more aggressive than I would have liked, and he was pretty drunk for how early in the evening it was.

I didn’t have a good feeling.

“What’s your name anyway, honey?”

Before he could respond, someone had grabbed the back of his jean jacket and yanked him clean off of the bar stool.

“You stupid son of a bitch!”

It was Emmett who had pulled the guy off of the bar stool, and now stood between him and I. He was mad because the guy was talking to me? I stood up, too nervous to be standing. I backed away few feet, feeling the tension between the two. What the fuck? I gaped at Emmett, but he wasn’t looking at me. His eyes were fixated on the guy he’d yanked off the chair, who’s name I still didn’t know.

“Hey, buddy I’m sorry-”

“Who the fuck do you think you are?” Emmett roared. We now had the attention of the entire bar.

Was he really this angry a guy was flirting with me?

“Listen, man-” The guy began, holding up his hands in a surrendering manner. 

The realization hit me right when Emmett’s fist when flying towards the man’s face. It wasn’t because he was flirting with me. This must be Brooke’s ex-boyfriend. That’s why he was so angry. I screamed the words a half second before his knuckles connected.

“Emmett, no!”

Author's Note: Sorry it's short, but I added some action and drama to spice it up a bit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

433 9 13
You were his, he was yours but feeling the others gave you both a better perception of life and of each other.
8 0 1
This is told from the perspective of that is read in a diary. It is simple and if you like simple then go ahead and read this. This is real events...
101K 3.6K 25
"He was the best part of me, you know? He was so much more than I deserved. And he was real. He was so real it's insane. How do you go from havi...
132 12 11
It was in that moment that I realized that the person I hated the most, I actually loved the most.