The Hidden Life of AJ Lee

By BritishLovegood

AJ Lee is known for many things. She's feisty, she's the Diva's Champion, and she has more enemies than she c... More

Chapter 1- Prologue
Chapter 2- Pills
Chapter 3- Secrets
Chapter 4- Phone calls
Chapter 5- Blackmail
Chapter 6- Superman
Chapter 7- Addiction
Chapter 8- Revolution
Chapter 9- Arrows
Chapter 10- Pain
Chapter 11- Breath
Chapter 12- Bosses
Chapter 13- Friends
Chapter 14- Miracles
Chapter 15- Wind
Chapter 16- Coffee
Chapter 17- Emotions
Chapter 18- Control
Chapter 19- Return
Chapter 20- Love
Chapter 21- Whiplash

Chapter 22- Lights

2.2K 90 44
By BritishLovegood

AJ Lee's POV
Hours Later

"Punk, I'm sorry! She insisted!" Seth attempted to explain through the phone. I could hear yelling through the other line as Seth continued to try and reason with CM Punk. "What, do you think I'm trying to get her killed? I'm probably gonna get arrested I've run so many lights!" My hands came to cover my ears when Seth's voice rose in volume. He quickly noticed and lowered his tone. "Look, just meet us halfway. I'll hand her over to you and then you can decide what you wanna do, alright?" Angry mumbling came through and Seth told him where we were before hanging up and glancing over at me. "Well, congratulations, because of you Punk's probably gonna beat me bloody."

I sighed and snuggled into the Pierce the Veil shirt that I'd slipped on earlier. "Sorry."

Seth pushed his foot further to the gas. "It's fine. Sorry, it's late and I think I'm gonna go to jail for six thousand speeding tickets." I let out a small huffed laugh, barely auditable but enough so Seth could hear it. He took a deep breath before opening his mouth. "So here's what's gonna go down. Punk's gonna meet us at the Belmont Train Station. He's gonna take you back to his apartment or whatever and then you two can sort everything out. Sound good?"

I smiled. Finally seeing Punk again sounded wonderful. He was probably so mad at me right now, but it didn't matter. I was so close. So close to finally telling him what I'd been holding in for months. "Sounds great."

A grin curled at the corner of Seth's mouth. "Cool. Hopefully we'll be there soon."

As silence overtook the car, Seth maneuvered his way through the streets with ease. He trained in Chicago when he was younger, so I assumed he knew the basic ways around. I stared out the window, admiring the still glowing lights that illuminated the surroundings.

Chicago. Everything happened in Chicago, didn't it? I won my first diva's championship here. I found Punk and forced answers out of him here. I knocked myself out in a storage closet and nearly ruined my whole career here. I kissed Punk out on the top of a building here. And now, I was being driven into Punk's arms here.

It seemed like no matter what happened, all my roads led to Chicago.

As I let myself drown in my own thoughts, Seth reached over and grabbed my hand. "Don't sleep on me yet. We're almost there." I shot him a slight smile, squeezing his hand to reasure him that I was still awake.

We were almost there.

Not long after, Seth was shifting his car into park and getting out of the vehicle. He walked over to my side, opening the door and gently helping me out. My legs almost couldn't carry my body weight they were so numb. Seth, seeing me struggling, wrapped an arm around my waist and threw my arm over his shoulders before we began our walk to the Belmont Train Station.

The night wasn't cold, but it was windy. The breeze hit my skin hard, causing a shiver to travel through my body. Seth held me closer and pressed his fingers into my hip to secure me even tighter. Despite Seth's efforts, my feet were still heavy and my body still sluggish. The walk felt so much longer than it should have.

Once we were up the steps that led to the platform, Seth engulfed me in his arms completley to keep me upright. Seth insisted, saying that Punk would throw him onto the traintracks if I were to be brought to him dead. So I gave up on resisting and rested my head on his chest. Luckily for us, there wasn't really anyone present at the station, giving the fact that it was so late at night. But the wind still howled and a few trains could be heard chuckling in the distance. I focused on the warmth radiating off Seth's body.

"He'll be here soon," Seth reassured. "Don't worry." I nodded.

And then, no words were spoken. We just stayed there. Two unliked, misunderstood, selfish minds in society that were so used to loneliness that it had become their closest friend. And I could tell that both of us felt the same emotion at the same time. That emotion that told us it was nice not to be alone.

"AJ," Seth whispered. I looked up at him and he motioned for me to turn around. He released his arms and I turned slowly on my heels and saw him.

CM Punk, in the flesh, only yards away from me. CM Punk, standing in a pair of baggy sweatpants and an old, wrinkled T Shirt. CM Punk, unshaven and worried and exhausted. And he looked like the most handsome man alive.

I didn't think, I just ran. The little strength my body had told me to run towards him. I saw his feet start moving in my direction. Within a matter of seconds, my arms were draped over him and my face was burried in his neck, his muscles protecting me in a strong grip. His breathing was quick from running and mine was rapid from undeniable glee, but the hug was quickly broken. Neither one of us even took a moment to deny it. Our lips crashed together in a beautiful mess. His were chapped and cracked, but it didn't matter. Just feeling him, tasting him, knowing he was here with me made everything worth it.

"AJ-"

"I love you," I blurted out. "I love you. I love you and I've been in love with you for months. I love you Punk, I just want you to know I love you." Words were spilling out of my mouth, but I didn't care. He needed to know, I needed to let him know. And then, his lips met mine again. This kiss was softer and shorter, but all the same meaningful. And then, he whispered the words I'd been waiting to hear for so long.

"I love you too." And with that, we connected for the third time. It was slow, simply so we could enjoy each other. Just appreciate the fact that we were together, the way it should have been since the start.

Suddenly, I remembered the person that had made this all possible. I pulled away from Punk and turned my head to the side, seeing Seth standing a few feet away with his hands shoved in his pockets. Punk noticed quickly, tucking me under his arm before facing Seth Rollins.

Punk stuck his hand out in front of him, waiting. In response, Seth hesitantly raised his own, setting it in Punk's palm with a firm handshake. "Thank you." That was the only thing muttered at Punk towards Seth. Seth nodded and put his arms by his side, sending me a gentle smile. I returned it with the same meaning. Seth then walked by us, not before ruffling my hair, and was out of sight within the blink of an eye.

I hoped he'd be alright.

Bringing me out of my thoughts, Punk used his index finger to tilt my chin upwards so I was staring into his hazel eyes. "Let's go home." I smiled in approval and snuggled into his chest, letting him do most of the heavy lifting getting us to the car. I could tell he didn't mind.

He helped me settle myself into the passenger seat, like I was a child, before getting in the car himself and driving away from the train station. The ride wasn't long, at least, it didn't feel like it was. Maybe it was just me and my tired head. Every minute with him seemed like it wasn't long enough. When we parked, he once again helped me out and picked me up bridal style as we made way to his apartment. This time wasn't like the last time. This time, he wasn't saving me. We weren't looking at the city lights. This time, we were in them, living in them.

Once we were in his home, it started. Punk set me down on the floor, only to pull me upwards to his lips. I didn't hesitate and responded, draping my arms around his neck and hoisting myself up so my legs wrapped around his waist. He secured us to make sure we didn't fall, and for that I was silently grateful.

For a while, that was all it was. It was simply wonderful just to know that we were together at last, in love, like some clique romance novel. Neither one of us cared much, our brains too fogged from lack of sleep. Just plain, tired, sloppy kisses being exchanged on a regular basis.

Somehow, in the haste and clouded confusion, we made our way to the living room, to which Punk lost his footing and we toppled over the arm of the couch. I was now on my back, Punk on top of me, against the couch cushions. We both stopped dead in our tracks, our eyes wide open as we stared at each other. We both knew what could, what would, happen next. But Punk spoke the words for me.

"Not now," he said. I gave a sleepy smile and let out a breath of air. He gently flipped us over, so now I was laying on top of his chest. And then I finally decided to speak.

"Are you as tired as I am?" I whispered. His response was a quick, soft kiss to my lips as he wrapped me up in his arms. I saw a brief nod of his head and felt the rise and fall of his breathing.

"We'll talk in the morning," he said in between a yawn. Yawn. Sleep. Nothing felt better than sleep right now.

And we fell asleep togther within moments in the darkness of his apartment and the warmth of each other's bodies.

Author's Note: Ok, I tried reposting this since some people still were not able to read it. Let's hope it works now!

- El ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.2K 1.2K 35
WWE Diva AJ Lee thought she would never find love........until she meets the guy of her dreams, CM Punk. But as time goes on, the relationship gets r...
102K 2.2K 50
Alicia Marquez is on her way to achieving great things in the WWE. She gets sidetracked when she begins to develop serious feelings for CM Punk. Alic...
339K 4.2K 49
Megan Lopez a.k.a Ashley Rollins is a WWE Diva. She is making her return to the business after almost a year and a half of receiving injuries and get...
47.4K 948 47
It's the New Ara in WWE ! And the Superstar Shakeup leads to the return of WWE's craziest Diva. But what happens if her and WWE's craziest superstar...