Be My Mistake (2YEON)

By nojambrostan

Yoo Jeongyeon, a senior in college who suddenly fell in love with her best friend without noticing. Will she... More

...
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv (M)
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii (M)
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi (1)
xxxvii (2)
A/N :)
Not an Epilogue

i

9.9K 284 165
By nojambrostan

Jeongyeon's POV

It's still early in the morning but my best friend is already pissing me off. She walked like a turtle trying to impress the people around us with her runway walk. She always walks like a model even though no one's watching her.

"Could you please hurry up, Im Nayeon?" I exclaimed while she was smiling to piss me off more. "I don't wanna be late in my first class." I ran my fingers through my hair trying not to explode in front of her.

"Relax, Jeongyeon. It's our last first day at this university!" she screamed as she threw her hands in the air. "What can go wrong?" she asked while giving me a beam.

I ignored her while I moved my pace faster and she was left behind. "Yah! Wait for me, Jeongyeon!" I heard her shout while keeping up with my pace.

Nayeon and I are best friends for years. We've been together for 15 years already. I met her when I was still 7 years old. She's a year older than me. However, I seldom call her unnie since I'm more mature than her. They moved to Seoul in our neighborhood due to her father's job. They came from the countryside and I was her first friend when came to the city. And until now, we're still friends. 

We both lived in the same dormitory inside the university. Since childhood, we went to the same school up to now. I'm taking up mass communication since I want to be a news anchor. While Nayeon is majoring in films. She loves to watch kdrama so much that she wants to produce one someday. Plus, it's already our senior year and it'll be our final year before we graduate.

We never left each other's side since then. Her family knows me well and the same goes for my family to her. Sometimes I get confused about who is the real daughter in my family because my sisters are closer to Nayeon than me.

"Jeongyeon, I'll get to class now. Good luck on your first day, fighting!" she told me then ran faster towards her building.

I didn't get to say goodbye to her as she flew off. I checked the time and it was almost time for my first class. I quickly scanned through the halls looking for my room. Luckily, I found it before the bell rings. 

I went inside then looked for my friend, Jihyo. I saw her sitting in the back row. I sat beside her while preparing for my things when our professor came in. I just got in time.

"You almost got late," she whispered.

"You know I live with Nayeon. That woman always slows me down with things." I answered panting trying to catch my breath.

Jihyo just laughed silently and went back to our professor's attention.

I've been friends with Jihyo since freshman year. Since our major doesn't have that many students attending, we almost know everyone's faces. But Jihyo was the only who I get to close with.

Our professor passed the syllabus to us for our final year. As I looked through it, I feel like puking already due to the hectic and stressful topics that we'll be tackling. "Ugh, this is making me weak already," I mumbled while scanning through the piece of paper.

"I know, right?" Jihyo agreed. I sighed and hit my head on the table.

After our classes ended, Jihyo and I decided to eat outside the university to have our lunch. We were getting sick of eating cafeteria food.

"How was your semestral break?" Jihyo asked while chewing her tteokbokki.

"It was fine. I was at the restaurant the whole time helping my father. How about you?" I asked back.

"Boring, I guess. I was planning on getting a part-time job but I got lazy eventually that I stayed home the whole break." she chuckled a little when she answered. Then we both continued with our food. My phone suddenly buzzed. I got a text message.

It was Nayeon.

Then a few minutes later, Nayeon arrived with Momo. Momo is a Japanese student. She went abroad just to study. She's a performing arts student, majoring in dance. Nayeon is an outgoing kind of person the reason why she has a lot of friends outside her major. Momo also became a friend of mine because of her.

They both sat down at our table. "Hey, Jeongie! Hey, Jihyo!" Nayeon greeted us. And Momo did the same.

"Hey, did you eat already?" I asked her while putting down my utensils as soon as I took my last bite.

"Nope. What do you wanna eat, Momo?" she asked. Then Momo quickly answered, "Jokbal."

As they finished ordering Nayeon started talking. "So, Momo's cousin just arrived here in Seoul. She came from Japan, so obviously she's also Japanese." Nayeon said. "I want you girls to meet her as well. She's kinda bit timid and introvert that's why she needs friends like us."

"So, where is she?" Jihyo asked.

"She's on her way, she just finished her class," Momo answered her.

Their food finally arrived as Nayeon kept on complaining about how hungry she was. "If it wasn't for your show off and slow-at-walking ass, we still had time for breakfast this morning." I started nagging.

Nayeon stuck her tongue out like a kid to mock me. And apparently, I did the same.

"Look at these two, not a single day they don't fight." Jihyo shook her head.

Nayeon and Momo started eating like no one's watching them. Momo was so engrossed with her jokbal while Nayeon was munching her food well. It seemed these two were really hungry.

Jihyo and I were talking regarding our requirements for this specific subject that I'm so desperate to pass. "I can't help but feel weary with this class already," I uttered while scanning through our syllabus again.

Someone unfamiliar went inside the restaurant we were staying in. I looked at her and felt like I was in a movie as she walked along the aisle. Everything went in slow motion. Then she was looking for someone as she silently scanned through the people inside. I can't help myself but stare at her. I felt a strong feminine aura from her which caught me off guard easily. This never happened to me before. And yes, I like girls and I'm not ashamed of it. My friends already know about my sexuality and never had a problem with it.

I didn't notice I was already fantasizing things when Jihyo suddenly tapped my shoulder, "Jeongyeon, are you okay?"

"Uh, y-yeah. I, uh, I was just-" I lowered my gaze thinking of an excuse. However, I lost my senses again when the girl I was staring at stopped at our table. I wasn't able to move when I saw her a closer view this time.

"Finally, you're here," Momo exclaimed. Then she moved a little bit to make a room for an extra seat. The girl sat in front of me which made me gaped a little. I pinch myself to keep my normal self back.

"By the way, this is my cousin Mina. She's also Japanese but can also speak fluent Korean. So you don't need to worry." Momo said as Mina sat beside her.

Jihyo initiated to introduced herself first, "Hi. I'm Park Jihyo." she reached out of her hand.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Myoui Mina." Mina accepted Jihyo's hand for a handshake.

Then Mina looked at me like she was waiting for me to say something. Nayeon and Momo looked at me confused wondering why I wasn't introducing myself yet.

"Oh, I'm s-sorry," I faked a cough then introduced my name stuttering, "Y-Yoo J-Jeongyeon. My n-name's Y-Yoo Jeongyeon." I sounded dumb.

"Nice to meet you, Jeongyeon," Mina said showing me a small smile.

Damn it, I already embarrassed myself to Mina on our first meet.

"What are you taking up in the university, Mina?" Jihyo asked her to make her feel comfortable with us.

"Performing arts," she answered with her normal and low voice. But she sounded cute though.

"Mina's been doing ballet for more than a decade. I asked her to transfer here with me so we can perform together someday." Momo answered instead. I can already sense Mina is kinda bit introvert like Nayeon just told us.

"Daebak! That's so cool, Mina!" Jihyo complimented her while I was sitting in front of her looking stupid. I had no single clue what to say to her.

Mina was just giving us her gummy smile feeling shy about her achievements. And it was the first time I saw that gummy smile of hers. It made my heart fluttered. Without them noticing, I started smiling like an idiot the moment she smiled.

However, Nayeon noticed it eventually. "What are you smiling at?" she asked while raising an eyebrow. 

Then all of them shifted their attention to me. I felt my cheeks hotter than usual. And I know this isn't because of that tteokbokki I ate awhile ago. I wasn't able to answer Nayeon that made her tease me more with her expression. I glared at her telling her not to say anything again.

We cut our teasing when Jihyo spoke. "Our next class will start in 10 minutes, Jeongyeon. Let's go?" Jihyo said. I looked at my watch and she was right. I nodded at her. As we both stood up to leave, Nayeon did the same.

"I'm going too. I'm going back to the dorm. I don't have a class this afternoon. How about you two?" she asked Momo and Mina. "I'll keep Mina accompany. She wants to go somewhere else. We don't have class this afternoon too." Momo responded.

Okay, I envy them.

"Okay then. Text me when you need something." she waved goodbye to Momo and Mina. And Jihyo did the same. While I tried bowing to show respect with my stiff body that made me looked funny. I'm so good at embarrassing myself.

Jihyo walked ahead of us when Nayeon grabbed me with her arms around my shoulder.

"Are you aware of how weird you acted in front of Mina?" she asked teasingly.

I didn't answer while focusing on walking despite this woman's heavy arm around me. I ignored her and stuck my stoic face. 

Did I really act weird in front of her? I mean was it in a good weird way? Or a bad weird way?  I thought to myself. I don't know why but my actions awhile ago worried me. I mentally slapped myself for not doing great and not giving Mina a good impression.

"You like her, don't you?" Nayeon suddenly blurted.

Do I?

I'm also a JeongMi shipper. Soooo... Hehehe... 😅

Please don't forget to vote and comment! Love lotsss :*
- 단팥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 203 21
Jeongyeon, a girl full of a thousand problems, finally meets her soulmate. But confessing won't be so easy, especially since it's her straight best f...
23.8K 1K 44
Chaeyoung sadly looks down. "When I left for Europe five years ago... I think my heart wasn't with me. I think I left my heart here in Korea. And it...
18.2K 836 6
Yoo Jeongyeon is her school's top athlete and pretty contend for a chance to play on the boys' football team. Every day she gets a letter from a secr...
66.4K 3.1K 35
Dahyun falls in love with an older girl. An unreachable girl. "S-Sana," "Hm?" "Let's meet again, one day," And there was a short moment of silence...