The Non British Princess

By readergirl4343

As future king, Prince Thomas is set to hold his selection in order to find a wife. 20 girls from the Commonw... More

Aesthetic + Note
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Epilogue - Part 1
Epilogue - Part 2

Part 10

34.5K 1.3K 105
By readergirl4343

Harriet, Lola, Yasmin, Stella and I were in the day room playing cards after dinner.
Most girls were in this room to spend the evening with others, but everyone was paying attention when the prince came by.

He stuck his head in and called for Natasha. She got up, way too overexcited and rushed out the door, her giggles echoing through the room as she left with the prince.

Murmurs travelled throughout the room that she was having a date with the prince.
It was strange how some girls reacted. Genevieve stood and left, Remy and Indiana looked disappointed.
Stella put down her cards and looked at the girls around our table.

"This sucks. What did Natasha and Hadley do to get dates already? Have they done something we haven't?" She complained, leaning her face against the tanned skin of her palm.

"I'm sure he's going to get through everyone, since 5 minutes with each of us isn't much time." I add in and Yasmin nods in agreement.

"I wonder what they do on the dates." Harriet questions, looking over at me.
For a moment us girls just sat listening to our own thoughts before Lola piped up.

"Hadley said they went horse riding on her date, she was saying they have a whole stable and everything."

Lola had been one of the girls listening to Hadley talk about her date all through dinner. I hadn't bothered to focus in since it didn't interest me all that much.

A few maids offered hot drinks and desserts around and I took a chocolate mousse from the tray.
The chocolate was smooth, rich and creamy. Harriet sipped on her hot chocolate along with Lola who also had one.

Stella and Yasmin decided to head to get ready for bed and I was almost swayed to do the same myself.
It was strange to be getting ready to sleep in a whole new environment. I didn't know the people, I didn't know the place, it was all so unfamiliar.

"I'm going to get ready for bed." I say to the girls, excusing myself as I stand up. Harriet gives me a smile and Lola waves. As I head out the door the two girls start chatting away, lost in conversation.

I go upstairs and manage to get back to my room without getting lost.

I crank up the heating to make it a little cosier in here.

I rummage through the walk in wardrobe for something to sleep in.
Putting on some more comfortable sleeping clothes, I change into a night gown. The smooth silk felt nice but ice cold against my skin.

I press the buttons beside the intercom to shut the blinds and dim the lights.
Crawling onto the massive bed that feels extra soft and crisp.

Pulling the covers over myself and shutting my eyes, I try to sleep. But no matter what I can't seem to and I toss and turn.

Minutes pass, feeling like hours, without a wink of sleep. I try to get comfortable any way I can, lying sideways and even on my stomach, but nothing seems to help.

I push the covers off and get out of the bed, standing to face the mirror. I peak out of the curtains and see the dark sky outside, the silent stillness of the night.

I decide to go on a short walk to tire myself out, so push open the door to my room with a click. No one appears to be around in the corridor so I quietly tip toe in bare feet down the hall.

I pace down hall quietly until I see a flashlight from a phone flicking around the walls.
I hide in a dip in the wall as the person comes around the corner.

"Alex?" I question in a harsh whisper.

Alexandra comes around the corner with her phone in hand, hugging her nightgown around herself. She shines her light toward me but I flinch backwards so she moves it away.

"Gosh, Isabelle, you scared me." Alex says and pushes her glasses back onto her nose, turning off her light.

We use quiet voices as we talk, hoping we aren't heard by anyone.

"What are you doing out here?" She asks me, looking at me up and down to find a reason.

"I couldn't sleep. What about you?" I ask, trying to muffle a yawn.

Alex pulls something out from behind her, "I was looking for somewhere to read, I was getting a bit homesick." Alex tells me, showing me a book that she was reading.

I smile, appreciating her honesty towards me, "Well, ask me next time you feel like sneaking around, I'll come with you."

Alex and I dive into conversation about our favourite books and she tells me about her family she's missing. We talk for what feels like forever before we're both about to fall asleep.

We part ways with smiles and the agreement to talk more in the morning.

I quickly rush back to my room quietly, but when I return there's already someone waiting for me.

"Lady Isabelle?"

I shriek and jump around to see Riley waiting by my bed. She looked panicked and relieved at the same time.

"Sorry to scare you but I was alerted you left your door unlocked and open, and you were missing."

"I couldn't sleep, I went for a walk." I say and my maid looks at me disapprovingly.

"We have security in place at night time, so it's best you stay in your room." Riley explained calmly, but with a serious tone.

I nodded, feeling bad I worried her. Riley began by using the buttons on the wall to open the blinds where the sun was rising and turn on the lights.

I remembered one thing I had seen on the first day being in this room. In one of the draws I found the instant camera and snapped a picture of the night sky, seeing the photo printed wasn't actually that bad due to quite a bit of moonlight.

"Riley?"

"Yes miss?" Riley turns to me, stopping whatever she was doing.

"Could I get a photo with you?" I ask.

Riley seems a little shocked, like she would never expected this. She simply nods and I move to stand beside her as I click a picture, us both smiling.

"Thank you. Do you mind if I take this to use today?" I ask, pointing to the camera.

Riley turns to me again and nods with a smile, "Take it. You may do whatever you wish. It's yours now."

I put it down, making sure to remember it before I leave.
I get ready for the day in a magenta coloured day dress. Riley did my hair up in a crown braid because today we had outdoor activities.

After I had got ready, I went down to the day room were I sat with Yasmin and Lola. They saw my camera and asked about it.
"Let's take a photo."

Lola pulls the camera up and the three of us all smile for the first photos, doing silly faces for the second.

"One more." Yasmin says and Harriet comes in at the moment with Hadley and Daisy and they come in.
After another photo more of the girls join in and we have everyone. Alex joins in but stays by the back while Lexi pushes her way to the front.

Lexi always had her nose in other peoples business, listening in to conversations or butting in to be apart of something she new would help her earn the Prince's attention.

Genevieve comes in and blows kisses at the camera and I end up with a bunch of photos to take with me.
The advisor Grace came in to take us to breakfast and I went beside Harriet to enter.

"We should get a photo with the royals!" Harriet suggests, fiddling with the camera.

"Yes!" I agree and we both laugh and go up to a butler.

"Would you mind getting a photo with everyone?" Harriet asks, using puppy dog eyes to plead to him and he gives in.

"Ok everyone, a quick photo." He says and everyone sits at the table for the photo. The royals seemed surprised but went along with it. After he takes two photos and they print out I rush over and grab the camera from him.

"Isabelle."

I turn at the voice, who happens to be Princess Charlotte addressing me. A few of the girls seemed confused how she knows me and everyone appears to be listening in.

The princess waves me over and I cautiously move over to the royal table. It felt weird since we were so often separated.

"Could I see the photo?" Princess Charlotte asks, but takes the picture from my hand anyway.
"That's lovely Isabelle. Could I get one with you?" She asks.

I hesitate, surprised and a whole lot of the girls gasp behind me.

"Of course." I pull up the camera and move beside the Princess. She laughs and puts an arm around me, causing me to laugh right as the flash goes off.

"Thank you." I give a curtsy and look at the princesses smile. Prince Thomas smiles at the interaction even though I was sure he was quite confused by the situation.

I gave the prince a smile before moving back and sitting down at the table with the girls.

Harriet looks at me, not even surprised at this point. "Kept that friendship secret, didn't you?"

I give her a laugh and nod. Indi who is sitting opposite me is intrigued by my encounter with the princess and is the first person to ask a question.
"How do you know the princess?"

"We met yesterday." I say simply with a shrug and it appears all the girls close enough to hear were listening because they nod or look away in annoyance.

I guess everyone was taking this seriously.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Crownless By SAMA

Teen Fiction

4.8K 439 49
When the king and Queen are lost on who they should crown the new queen of Avelyn, they come up with a simple task. They send the three princesses to...
2.5K 59 21
The Selection has been narrowed down to the Elite, and Prince Ethan Noah Schreave's time to make his decision is running out. His choice must be both...
8M 328K 153
*Book 1 in the Soulmates Series* πŸŽ–Featured Reading Lists: β€’@Wattpad's Editor's Pick & Spring Cleaning β€’@TeenFiction Soul Deep β€’@WattpadRoyals Fantas...
352K 7.5K 29
If there was a competition to win the prince's heart and become the queen wold you enter? it seems like a simple answer, but not for Emily. Emily is...