Come into the Water

By emptycalories

"What do you want?" Silas asked in a low voice. His blue eyes raked over my frame causing me to lose my breat... More

casting +
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty eight
chapter thirty nine
chapter forty
chapter forty one
chapter forty two
chapter forty three
chapter forty four
chapter forty five
epilogue
bonus chapter - lucifer & natalia

chapter twenty five

124K 3.6K 1.1K
By emptycalories

"Your mom dropped by while you were at work," Silas said as soon as I threw my keys down on the counter. I had just stepped into my front door, what the hell?

"My mom?" I asked in near horror. Sure, I had given her my current address. She was my mother after all. But I never expected her to show up at my doorstep. She hadn't even called me to warm me at least. But then again how could I be surprised? This wasn't unlike her in the slightest.

"Yes," he said, turning to glance at me. "Aries opened the door."

"Aries?" I cried out in shock.

"Yes, Aries," he said, raising an eyebrow. "Would you have preferred it to be me?"

My mouth opened then shut, searching for a good answer. "I-I don't know. Maybe? I just feel like you wouldn't...intimidate my mom as much?" I nearly cringed as the word 'intimidate' left my mouth. Way to go, me.

"You don't think I'm intimidating?" He cocked his head to the side slowly. His frosty blue eyes went black without warning making me flinch. "How about now?"

"Stop, you know what I mean," I grunted, making my way closer to him. "Aries is a dick."

"But you like Aries," he said.

"I do. But that doesn't mean he's not off putting to others who don't know him. You're much...nicer." I sat next to him on the couch.

"Nicer?" He parroted, pursing his lips. "I suppose."

"Don't be mad at me," I leaned over and left a soft, reassuring kiss on his lips. "You intimidated me at first."

"That's not really what I was going for."

I shrugged. "Well, it still happened. Did you know that not smiling can really throw people off?"

"Can it?" He asked. "I never noticed with the amount of times you brought it up."

I glared at him. "Don't be a dick."

"Aries said that your mom came in to see the apartment," he said, causing me to groan. "And she asked why is there three occupied rooms if you only have one roommate." My lips parted. Oopsie. "You told your mother that you only have one roommate?"

I smiled sheepishly. "I thought it would be easier than saying I'm rooming with two men. My parents are kind of overprotective."

"Mhm," he hummed. "She invited him over for dinner and said he could bring us over if he wanted."

I nearly scoffed, rolling my eyes. "When?"

"He suggested tomorrow night since it's your day off," he said.

I gritted my teeth. "When I see him, I'm going to kill him."

"Why?"

"My mom is from a different generation. She would never understand...whatever the hell is going between us three. I'm going to need to come up with another lie," I murmured, racking my brain. "Little does she know the one thing my dad warned her about will be in her house tomorrow."

"By the way, your mom is attracted to Aries."

I scrunched up my face in disgust, unable to stop the wave of nausea that fell over me. "You have to be joking."

"I'm not. Incubi can always sense the attraction by smelling the arous-"

I cut him off. "Please, stop. This is disgusting."

"-al. It took over his senses-"

I pushed myself up, clamping my hands firmly over his mouth. He looked back at me with teasing blue eyes, hoisting me on his lap. He moved my hands from his mouth, leaving soft kisses all over my face.

"I'm sorry, Natalia," he murmured.

"You're not sorry," I scoffed, despite the butterflies in my stomach as he showered my face in kisses.

"You're right," he said. I rolled my eyes at him but couldn't help the smile arose on my face. "Are you nervous for us to meet your mom and stepdad?"

"Kind of," I admitted. "It's not like she'll know about us, but sometimes with my mom I feel like she'll find out anything."

"She won't," he said, "unless you tell her."

"I know, but it's still a fear that I have that I can't really explain. Try to keep it in your pants tomorrow, Silas," I patted his cheek jokingly. "You can fuck me as much as you want tonight but tomorrow I'm off limits."

"That'll only make me desire you more," he said, his hand trailing up my back. I felt a shiver run up my spine.

"At least you're kind of better at hiding it," I muttered. "Aries just..."

"Good luck with that," he said, making me laugh. "He is incredibly obvious. He has no fear."

"I know. He really doesn't. He would fuck me even if God himself was in the room," I mumbled, shaking my head. "I had a long day at work today."

"Did you see Jasmine?"

I nodded. "Are you going to start talking to her? Or are you two just going to continue ignoring the other's existence?"

His lips thinned, both annoyed yet contemplating what to say. "I'll think about it."

"But will you actually? Or will you just keep saying you will and not actually doing anything about it?"

"I miss her," he muttered. "But I'm still angry."

"I get it. But she's your sister. I know she misses you too."

He sighed, looking away from me. "You're right. I'll speak with her when I'm ready. And I'm just not ready yet."

"I understand," I gave him a small smile. He kissed me gently.

"I..." he murmured, holding me tightly. "I really enjoy being with you."

I bit my inner cheek. "I really enjoy being with you too."

"You're blushing," he acknowledged, kissing my burning cheeks once more. "I adore you."

My breathing hitched, unsure of what to say. "Why are you so sweet?"

"Because of you. I never felt half of what I do now until I met you."

I frowned, wrapping my arms around him and hugging him tightly. He hugged me back. I wasn't sure what to say. I was feeling a lot, unable to deny the budding, blooming connection that we shared.

I smiled at him, brushing his messy hair behind his ear, gazing at him as he laid his head back on the couch cushion to get a better look at me. I saw his mouth twitch a little, but it never raised into a full smile. I leaned in, leaving a soft kiss on his nose before I decided that, that was enough intimacy. I wasn't used to romantic intimacy in the slightest, so I did what I did best. I climbed off of him, turned the the tv on and let us linger in silence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 6K 55
Everyone has an ache and hunger, some people are just better at hiding it than others. And some people run from it. And some people end up actually n...
1.4M 40.6K 52
Calliope has one job: to hunt the supernatural terrorizing mankind. What she never anticipates is being drawn to the same creature she seeks to end. ...
1.7K 72 28
Kate advertises that she needs a roommate and soon she meets Nash, he's weird at first but she soon warms to him and lets him move in, for the first...
1K 125 19
Casandra--scion of Abaddon, reaper angel, professional pen-pusher--gets her chance to live life outside the Dream. Solomon Maria, nepo baby, has prob...