Destined For the King

By CHIXAAA_

"Time is up, I AM CLAIMING WHAT IS MINE!" His voiced shattered throughout the entire tower. He has found me a... More

Love is for the pure
Domination
Rapunzel Rapunzel...
Fight Til The End
Face to Face pt. 1
Face to Face pt.2
Stephan
Countdown
Alone
Reality
Panic Attack
Throwback p1
Throwback p2
Submissive
Dinner date
Agreement
CHECK IT OUT
Meet the Parents
Dinner conversation
Explain!
Family secrets
Truth
Armani Dresses
Realization
Fresh start
New Agreement
Party Time
In the Works
Stalling
Perfect Night
Surprise Honey
Happiness
Test run
Family Drift
Touchdown
Talks and Mimosa
Shot at Love
Our First Kiss?
Up In The Air
My Turn
Do I stay...
Or Do I Go...
BE PATIENT AND RESPECTFUL
Week of Freedom
Dark times
Torn
UPDATE TOMORROW
Make Amends
Shell of A Man
Day 1
New York
Midnight
Birthday p1
Birthday P2
Morning after
Milian
Soon
Realtor Project
Back Home
Finally Reunited
Council
I'll Marry You
Massive Print
New Expectations
Wedding plans
Decisions without Him
Yes to the Dress
Bridesmaid shopping
Sit Down
Wife Selection
Crocodile Tears

Engagement Party

89.8K 3K 997
By CHIXAAA_

I am trying my hardest to write as many chapters that I can so I can upload faster but KEEP IN MIND GUYS, I will not upload if the last chapter hasn't gotten enough reads, comments or likes! I want to keep the ratings up and the story is coming to end soon.

------------------------------------------------------------

The face between Dominic and Dante told me they both think I've gone insane. Maybe I have, I mean look at where our lives have come too. I was flown down here against my will, forced into an arrange marriage, tried to plot with my family to leave this marriage, agreed with my forced fiance that I will give us a try, got my stuff moved into his room against my will, and now I have to write an ultimatum on a piece of paper and have his guard give it to him because he doesn't want to come home.

I have no idea where he went and who he's been with. Despite cleaning up so well, I can see in his tired eyes he has been out all night, probably partying. For all I know he could have been shot and left for dead in a ditch! He failed to recognize my feelings like always. He had me crying all night alone.  Dominic deserves the role reversal. He doesn't get to boss me around all the time. He doesn't get to treat me like this.

Not Anymore.

I collected my pouch from the couch and walked over to the door. I managed to pass Dominic without a single glance. He didn't move from his spot. His fist still clenched the note as he shot me death glares. Dante stood beside him standing strong but his face was filled with distress.

"Let's go. I don't want to be late because of you." I shot at him.

"FIX YOUR FUCKING TONE WITH ME ALESSANDRA!" Dominic shouted.

"FUCK YOU AND YOUR TONE! I've had it up to here with you Dominic! I don't care if I'm being disrespectful and I don't care who you are or what you do for a living. YOU LEFT ME ALONE LAST NIGHT! You decided to disappear and leave me crying because of your fucking ego. THAT'S HOW YOU TREAT YOUR FUCKING FIANCE?! No, it's not. It's clear to me that you don't appreciate me but we can't do anything about it right now because we already planned this stupid engagement party. So we are going to go down there and smile. We are going to put on a fucking show for the whole world to believe. And tonight I'll decide if we even continue this sham. Now let's go."

The adrenaline I felt is nothing compared to the satisfaction I gained from watching Dominic follow my command. Despite his anger and the urge to knock me down and lock me up, he walked over to me and waited by the front door.

"Dante please stay close since your the only one I can...trust."

I opened the door and strut towards the stairs. Dominic whispered to Dante before walking beside me. Sophia was waiting in the shadows at the top of the stairs. Once she saw us she whispered into the small mic on her shirt

"Showtime! Cut the music and cue the stair spotlight."

Dominic shoved the note in his suit pant pocket and grabbed my waist forcefully. His fingers were digging deep into my waist but I kept a strong face. We waited until the music slowly died down and the party was dimmed. Mr. and Mrs. walked up to the small stair platform with a mic in Mr. Vincenzo's hands.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for all who came to celebrate a rare and beautiful occasion. It wasn't too long ago when my lovely wife and I were walking down these stairs newly in love, for our engagement party. Now we are here together, gathered with our loved ones to see my son do the same.  He found himself a strong vibrant and beautiful firecracker who will only bring him joy and success. We are happy to welcome this beautiful young girl to our family. Please, Welcome Dominic Vincenzo and Alessandra Mortelli!"

Once the spotlight flashed on us, I put on an award-winning smile and walked down the stairs with Gabriel by my side. The crowd applauds graciously. I saw some envious eyes in the sea of people but my gaze stopped at Veronica. I had forgotten that we invited to show her how happy we were together. Now the thought of us together is giving me more headaches than bliss. We stood on the platform and posed for pictures. Dominic was a very convincing actor. Despite his fingers digging into my side, he put on a sly smile and posed as natural as he could. He even placed a few kisses on my cheek. The swarm of photographers slowly disappeared. Dominic took the microphone from his father before walking back over to my side.

He took my hand and stared at me as he spoke into the microphone. What is he about to do?

"Thank you, father, for the introduction and thank you to all of our friends and family here tonight. Some of you traveled from far away and Alessandra and I couldn't be more grateful that you can share this special night with us. Alessandra and I's story is...unconventional to say the least but it's a story I wouldn't change for the world. I couldn't think of a better person to have by my side through all the battles and tribulations life throws at you. I couldn't think of a stronger person to rule by my side as queen. You mean more to me than words can describe but I hope this ring can help out."

Slowly Dominic reached inside his suit and pulled out a gold small box. He opened the box and showed me the ring. The crowd gasp and cheered in excitement. I didn't know this was apart of the itinerary.

A single tear dropped from my eyes as I stared at the ring. The ring is a beautiful square halo ring with a massive diamond in the center and tiny diamonds surrounding it and all across the band. This ring would have meant so much more if Dominic meant every word he said. His words were beautiful and if last night never happened I would be jumping for joy at this grand gesture. But Dominic is a manipulator. He's not even on one knee, he isn't showing any type of emotion. He's a stone-cold robot.

I flashed a quick smile and quickly wiped the tear away.

"Will you be my fiance, Alessandra?" Dominic asked.

"Yes," I whispered softly.

He slipped the ring onto my finger and planted another kiss on my cheek. His arm snaked against my waist to pull me to his side. We posed for pictures as best as we could but I know if I don't get out of this room soon, I'm going to explode.

"Okay enough of pictures. If everyone will sit we can bring out dinner."

Soon the crowd dispersed and Dominic and I took our seats on the stage. We waited for the food to be served. Dominic was on his phone under the table and I couldn't help but fiddle with the ring on my finger. Who would have thought that my dream ring would be on my finger and I was in tears of sadness? Who could have expected that beside me instead of him being someone who I want to spend the rest of my life with is the man I despise?

I tried to slip the ring off my finger for a moment but a tight grip suddenly stops me. Dominic's hand clamped over mine in urgency. I looked up at him to see his attention hasn't left his phone. He brought my hand up to his mouth and kissed softly.

"If you so much as think you're going to embarrass me and take off this ring you're fucking insane. You told me to behave, I expect you to do the same...amore. "

"You are not the man I thought I...nevermind." I pushed his hands off mine and turned my body away from him.  

Dinner was served thankfully. I had something to distract myself from breaking down in tears. My attention was on my famigila. I saw them mingling successfully with Dominic's immediate famigila. I heard laughter and saw genuine smiles on everyone's faces. I'm happy they were having a good time even if it will come to an end soon. 

Once dinner was finished, the servers began to move the tables back so mingling and dancing can start. I didn't wait for Dominic to finish his dessert, I got up and took a walk around the room to make introductions for myself. There's no point in suffering by myself the whole night.

I made my way towards the bar before gaining the confidence to talk to anyone. Everyone seemed so luxurious and godly, I needed some liquid courage to help me. The bartender handed me my champagne when a voice appeared behind me.

"Just champagne? You should be drinking vodka to get you through a night like this." I turned to see who the devious voice belong too.

A tall handsome olive bronzed skin beauty appeared behind me dressed in a fitted dark blue suit. This man is one handsome devil. His charming smile brought a smile out of me. His sparkling brown eyes seemed to light up the room around him. His shaggy curly hair brought an innocence to his demeanor but I knew he was nothing but trouble. 

"How would it look as the co-host to be drunk off my ass during my first official event?" 

"It would be bad for you but very entertaining  to me."

"Oh, I bet."

"Hmm, you really are a firecracker; even without liquid courage. Dominic got a wild one with you, I'm jealous for once."

"And who might you be?"

"I'm surprised Dominic hasn't introduced us yet but in his defense, I've been in New York for the past 3 months. You can say I'm Dominic's evil half. I'm Damon Coletta; heir of the Coletta transport empire."

I knew exactly who this man is...or at least who is a family is. They own the largest shipping docks in Spain and now Italy. They're known for importing the more luxurious items from Europe and selling them to companies in the states. Everything from foreign cars, to the highest name brand clothing and furniture. They are also known to work close to the Vincenzo famiglia. They've been in business together for many generations. 

"Damon Coletta? Yes, I've heard of your famigila before. I hope you didn't fly back home for the sake of this party?"

"Oh you know I did. Dominic is engaged? I knew about the legacy his ancestor created but I didn't think Dominic would willingly follow-through with it. I can see why though, you are quite the rare beauty."

"Aren't you the charmer. I can see why they call you Dominic's evil half. Flirting publicly with his...fiancee.

"Well, that's because I see more than you think. No matter how much you smiled up there, I saw that tear and it wasn't happy. But fear not, you're leading devil is here to show you the better things of life." Damon grabbed my hand and linked his arm with mine.

He led me around the room and introduced me to some important people I should know. Apart from me felt guilty that I was having a better time with Damon then I had with Dominic. I mingled confidently, took pictures with people I barely knew and laughed the entire night with Damon by my side. I even brought my friends around with me to enjoy the night. Before I came down those stairs, I didn't think I was going to make it through this night but I'm glad it's going well. My attention was focused on enjoying the party that I didn't notice Dominic watching me from the bar with hate and anger in his eyes. I caught a glance of him chugging down a brown liquor in a bar glass with the note I wrote still in his hands. I shot him a cunning smile and continued to enjoy my night. 

The night got away from me with the laughs and the conversation. Despite being in a room with full-blown criminals and mafia leaders, I made some pretty interesting connections and formed some friendships. I was in mist of an interesting conversation when I heard the music from the DJ quieting down and the staircase spotlight shining bright again. To my unbelieving eyes, on the very platform that Dominic handed me a ring stood Veronica in an all too revealing red dress. 

"Hello everyone, if I could have your attention? I just wanted to say a few words as one of Dominic's close personal friends. I've known Dominic since his wild days in private school and I knew from the moment I met him that he would be an amazing man and leader. You've been such an inspiration to me and I can't think of anywhere else I would rather be than here tonight to support you. I will always support you." 

I tried to storm onto that stage but Damon held my arm back and allowed that homewrecker to finish her stupid speech. I turned to see Dominic and he had a sicking smile on his face as he listened to every word that witch had to say. That wicked man! 

"Don't do anything stupid doll face. I know Dominic and how much of an asshole he can be, hell he learned it from me. He's pushing you to make a fool out of yourself and doing that in front of a crowd like this will only be your downfall. Be better. Be smarter."  Damon whispered in my ear. He's right. I know the dirty tricks Dominic can play. What he doesn't know is I can play ten times harder.

I walked towards the platform and took the microphone from Veronica's greasy fingers. She shot me a glare before walking off the stage and towards Dominic. I watched as he embraced her into a hug before turning to look at me. 

"Hello everyone, since we are in the mood for speeches, I thought I would do one myself. I'm pretty sure I've talked to most of you in the room but if I haven't, thank you all again for coming tonight and welcoming me into your familgia. You've opened your hearts to me and I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. I would really like to thank the Vincenzo's for throwing such an amazing party, Sophia for being the best party planner out there, and a newly found friend Damon. Everyone single one of you made this night...something to remember! I know we had a private one on one dance scheduled with Dominic and I but with the way I'm feeling, I want to end the night off in a fun note. So DJ if you can put on the best song you can think of and if anyone can join me on the dancefloor for our last final dance!" 

A roar of applauds and cheers filled the room. I looked at Dominic before walking bravely to Damon and taking his hand and led him to the middle of the dancefloor. I said I wanted to enjoy the night and I will. The dancefloor was quickly filled guests and everyone danced the night away as I hoped. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 4.2K 46
"I can show how much of a 'little' guy I am." He said emphasizing the little. He came closer to me. Our lips were inches away. I could smell the scen...
72.9K 1.6K 41
UPDATE!! BOOK II: BOUND TO HIM IS NOW AVAILABLE!! NEW CHAPTER POSTED EVERY THURSDAY!!! *** It was supposed to be a simple trade off with her father b...
4.5M 138K 81
"What in the world, kid?" The roar erupted from the sleek Lamborghini as its owner, a man who could easily pass for a Greek deity, emerged from the l...
148K 2.6K 27
Sequel to: The Gang Leader Meats His Mafia Father- In- Law ___________________ You need to read the first story to understand this story :) ________...