Chasing Her {UNDER CONSTRUCTI...

By nobodynobrains

After Hazel Smithe lost her best friend in the world, Evan, who also happened to be her boyfriend, she decide... More

Chasing Her - Prologue
Chasing Her [1]
Chasing Her [2]
Chasing Her [3]
Chasing Her [4]
Chasing Her [5]
Chasing Her [6]
Chasing Her [7]
Chasing Her [8]
Chasing Her [9]
Chasing Her [10]
Chasing Her [11]
Chasing Her [12]
Chasing Her [13]
Chasing Her [14]
Chasing Her [15]
Chasing Her [16]

Chasing Her [17]

2.4K 93 28
By nobodynobrains

[A/N]: Finally, chapter seventeen! I'm so excited that I finally got this written out, and it wouldn't have been finished with out the help of writtenkitten.net :) There's just something about cats that makes me want to write. 

I've just decided to call the fans of this story the Chasers! ♥ ahahah.

Chasing Her - Chapter Seventeen

Oliver Smithe 

Sitting at the kitchen counter, I glanced over at the clock to see it was nearing nine p.m., but Hazel and Brian weren't back yet. An uneasy feeling settled in my stomach and I prayed to god nothing was wrong. Hoping that it was just my protective older brother instincts making me feel this way, I dialed Hazel's phone number and drummed my fingers nervously on the counter as I waited for her to answer. 

After what felt like an eternity, she finally picked up the phone but her voice wasn't the one I heard coming through the speakers.

"I was beginning to wonder when you'd call," His deep voice rang out through my ears. I heard a muffled sound coming from the background, almost like someone was trying to talk but their mouth was blocked. I assumed someone was there for their was some shuffling before he spoke again, sounding like he was talking to someone in the background. "Shut up!" 

"What the fuck do you want, Matthew?" I spat in disgust, my grip tightening on my phone. 

"I want a lot of things, but.." He trailed off. "I've already got the thing I want the most." 

"Oh, yeah? What would that be?" I questioned, already regretting letting the words pour from my mouth. I knew I wouldn't like his answer at all, and when he spoke, my suspicions were confirmed. 

"Hazel." He paused for a second, as if giving that information time to sink into my brain. My mind went on overdrive, conjuring up thousands of reasons as to why he would want my sister. "You may want to check on Brian before you come looking for her though.." 

"I swear to God, if you lay a hand on her-" 

"Now, now, Oliver. You may want to calm down and listen to me before you attempt to threaten me." He cut me off, chuckling slightly. As he was talking, I grabbed the keys to my truck and made my way outside. The gravel crunched under my feet and my heart was running a million miles a minute. I hopped into my truck and soon I was on my way towards the cafe where Hazel and Brian were last. "Oh, hold on," I heard shuffling come through the speakers. "Your dear sister wishes to talk to you." 

"Oliver! Oh my god, Oliver.." Her voice sounded tired and scratchy, like she had been screaming for a while. "He's deranged, you have to-" 

"That's enough talking, now shut up." Matthew said and I heard Hazel screams before it became muffled once again. I slammed my foot harder on the pedal, desperately trying to reach the cafe. I reached it in about fifteen minutes and jumped out. 

"Matthew, I'm serious, what the fuck do you want?" I growled out, feeling my wolf trying to break free. He was pacing back and forth inside my mind, wishing that he could rip Matthew apart already. I knew my eyes had darkened to the point where you couldn't tell the pupil from iris. 

"I already ready told you, Oliver." He replied, his voice lowering an octave and sounding a bit creepy. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you sister too much.." 

Before I had the chance to curse him out, the line went dead and I was slightly glad that I wouldn't have to listen to that maniac any longer. I couldn't come up with a logical solution as to why he'd want my sister, except for wanting rule over our pack. 

Dad, we've got a problem. I sent him through the mind link. Matthew's got her, meet me at that cafe, Anna's Love. I was replied with several growls that most likely came from my father and mother, their betas and of course, Alden. 

Inhaling the air, I got a whiff of Brian's scent but couldn't find Hazel's for some reason. Growling, I took off in the direction of the patch of woods that they were probably walking through. Deeper within the woods I came upon a field and sure enough, Brian was passed out in the grass. I quickly threw him over my shoulder and made my way back towards the coffee shop, carefully setting him down near the park. 

After making sure he still had a steady pulse, I grabbed onto his shoulders and shook him back and forth, praying that he would wake up. Hopefully he would have some answers and maybe an idea about where Hazel was taken. By the time I got him to start waking up, my father had arrived with reinforcement. 

"I need some of you to scope out these woods," I commanded. They instantly got to work, knowing I was next in line to be Alpha. "That's the last place where Brian and Hazel were." 

Brian groaned from his spot on the ground. His eyes fluttered open and he moaned once more, pulling himself into a sitting position. "What's going on?" 

"Hazel's gone missing," I said and he instantly looked fully awake. His eyes started to darken and I could tell that his wolf was begging to be left free so he could search for his mate. A growl ripped through his throat, catching my father's attention, who was talking to one of our guards. He walked over to us and raised an eyebrow.

"Is there a problem here?" I could tell that Brian was fighting with his wolf for control, so I replied for him.

"Dad, Brian is Hazel's mate." Surprisingly he didn't rip off Brian's head like I was waiting for him to do, but instead he cracked a small smile and let out a short chuckle. 

"I was wondering when I would finally be let it on the secret." He joked and relief washed over Brian's face before he went back to fighting with his wolf. "Now, tell me, what is going on and where is my daughter?" 

"We.. we were taking a walk through these woods and we stopped in this field," Brian began to explain, finally getting his wolf to calm down for a few minutes. "Then all I can remember is blacking out, I think they shot me with a dart gun." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. 

"We can't find her scent, it just disappears." A guard informed us, interrupting our conversation. "We think they may have gotten in a vehicle." 

"Okay, round everyone up and meet back at the pack house. This means war." 

#

"As most of you already know, my daughter Hazel has recently gone missing around nine o'clock." Dad announced, catching everyone's attention. The meeting room was packed full of people, you barely had enough room to take a step to your right. "The man who has taken her is Matthew Kings, it is very likely that he has some form of backup and this could lead to a battle." 

Gasps erupted throughout the crowd and the males pulled their mates closer to their bodies. I looked towards the back of the room where Brian was standing, his hands clenched into fists at his sides. I knew he was having a hard time staying under control and I just hoped we'd be able to find out where Hazel was soon. If not, Brian could possibly drive himself insane with worry or his wolf could take over and go out searching for her.. 

"As of now, we are unaware of where he could be holding Hazel and we are still on the lookout for them." He paused for a second, assessing the crowd. The women all looked nervous, while the males had determined looks in their eyes. "We need to round up all of the males over the age of sixteen and under the age of forty. The rest of you may go back to your homes and I would suggest staying in a group at all times. You're dismissed."

Everyone immediately started to clear out of the room, well everyone except for those who were told to stay behind. When the room began to clear up a bit, I walked over towards Brian who was leaning against the wall with his eyes shut tightly. He was taking deep breaths, causing his chest to rise and fall heavily. Cautiously, I placed my hand on his shoulder and his eyes flicked open. They were pitch-black and filled with anger.

"Hey, we'll find her. Everything is going to be fine." I said, trying to convince both him and myself that everything was okay and we'd find Hazel quickly. "Everyone's looking for her, and I promise that one we find her, you can help me beat up Matthew."

"I know.. I just feel like this is all my fault." He replied, taking another deep breath. "I was there with her; I could've stopped him.."

"Hey, it's not your fault. You were passed out." I pointed out, trying to make him feel better.  "C'mon, let's go see what the plan that my dad has managed to create is."

He gave me a small smile and followed me across the room to where my father was talking with a group of guards. When they were done talking, he turned to us and began to explain his plan.

"We have a pretty good idea of where Matthew could be hiding out, but we aren't too sure. We've just sent out some of our best trackers-" He explained, but was quickly cut off by a groan of pain from Brian. He collapsed onto the floor, holding onto his neck tightly. Looking closer, I was frozen in shock when I saw blood dripping down his arms.

"What the fuck is happening?!" He yelled in agony. Near the end of his sentence his voice turned into a growl, his eyes glowing a metallic silver color.

"That bastard marked her!"

Hazel Smithe

"Let me go!" I shouted, thrashing about in Matthew's vicelike grip. His hands tightened around my arms, causing me to whimper in pain and freeze. He smirked, laughing maniacally and yanking me up so I was standing. "What do you want?!" 

"I thought you heard me before when I was talking to your brother," He growled out, moving his face closer towards mine. I could feel his hot, sticky breath going down my neck and making me squirm. His nose rubbed against my ear before he spoke, this time in a whisper. "All I want is you.." 

I growled at him, showing him my sharp canine teeth. It was the closest I could get to shifting due to something her injected into my arm that kept me from changing. He simply laughed against my neck, a devious smile upon his face. 

"Awh, does the poor kitten want her wolf back?" I only growled louder and I could tell my eyes were darkening more and more by the second. I just wanted to go back home and see Brian again.. "You don't know how much I've missed you, my dear..."

"Well you should know that I haven't missed you," I replied, trying to yank myself out of his grip and failing. "Dating you was the biggest mistake of my life." 

"There's no need to be mean, kitten." He purred, pressing a kiss below my ear. A shiver of disgust ran down my spine, and I desperately wished that it was Brian's lips instead of his. "I know you're just in denial, you really love me."

"Why the fuck would I love you!?" I shouted, thrashing about again. "You broke my heart one, knocked out my mate and kidnapped me! I don't love you, I hate you!" 

"Shut up!" He demanded and I instantly felt his hand swipe across my cheek with a hard smack. Tears welled in my eyes and my face stung, it was probably a bright red color. I regretted ever saying yes when he asked me out during sophomore year and if it wasn't for Evan, I never would've had the strength to leave his ass. 

At first Matthew was a good boyfriend, a great boyfriend infact. He'd call me beautiful, cuddle with me, watch movies, etc. He was sweet and caring, but as time went on he became more possessive and controlling until one night, he hit me. 

I can’t remember what for, but I knew it was something stupid like he saw me hugging Evan or just talking to one of my guy friends. From that day on I was afraid of him, yet he apologized and said he wouldn't do it again until I was stupid enough to believe him.

I was still jumpy and nervous around him though, and Evan caught onto this. He begged and pleaded for me to tell him what was wrong and when I finally cracked, he was outraged at what had happened. He told me I had to break up with him and that he'd protect me from Matthew. So, with his help I managed to leave Matthew for good, or so I thought..  

"You don't know how long I've waited for you," he whispered, pushing the hair away from my neck. "How long I've waited for you to finally be mine again." 

"If you think I'm yours, you're wrong. Brian's my mate!" I shouted as I felt him trail kisses down my neck towards my collarbone. He stopped above the spot where Brian's mark would go and growled against my skin, sending vibrations through my whole body. 

"You're mine!" He growled out before I felt his canines digging into my shoulder. Pain shot through my body and I could hear a wolf howl in the distance before my whole world went black. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7M 218K 20
"Rose, I'm sorry, but your eyesight will be gone by the end of this year." Who knew one simple sentence could change a life so drastically? Rose is a...
2.2M 37.4K 22
How far would you go to protect the ones you love? A successful architect with a promising career in London, Brian's world spins out of control when...
14.8K 812 33
A tale of love where a girl who knew nothing about love learnt it from the very person who she fell in love with but later, fate decides to put more...
167 6 20
New girl Hazel and her little brother move to Japan, to get a new start. Fresh away from America. After their father died, they went to live with the...