Chasing Her [7]

[A/N]: omfg, it's chapter seven!!!!!!!!! :) if you want to know when I'll be updating, take a look at the schedule on my profile. i hope you enjoy reading!

Chasing Her - Chapter Seven

Hazel Smithe 

Luckily by the time my stomach growled out of hunger, the boys had gone home and I was free to roam around my house without worrying about Brian. Walking into the kitchen, I stumbled upon my mother who was doing some paperwork at the island. 

"Hi sweetheart, what's up?" She asked in a calm voice. I sighed. Should I tell her about finding my mate? Or should I just wait and tell her when I'm ready to tell everyone else? I guess if I told everyone now, then I'd get to brag to my brothers about finding my mate first.. I can just imagine their annoyed faces, but then again they'd probably be locked on protective mode every time I was relatively close to Brian.

"Uhm, nothing." I said as I reached in the fridge and pulled out some leftover pieces of pizza. I placed two pieces on a plate and popped it into the microwave. Sitting down next to my mother while I waited, I let out a small sigh. 

"Don't lie to me. I'm your mother, I can tell when you don't feel okay." She said, turning away from her paperwork. The microwave beeped and I jumped up to get it. I sat back down and started eating, mainly to avoid conversation. "So what's going on?" 

I debated whether or not I should tell her. I've never known her as the type to keep a secret and the whole pack would probably know by tomorrow morning. I let out another sigh. Maybe she could give me some advice though... Ah, screw it.

"M-mom..." I started off, my voice trembling. I sucked in a deep breath and turned to face her. She placed one hand on my shoulder and used the other to push some hair behind my ear. "I've found my m-mate."

Her face lit up, and before I could say anything she attacked me in a hug before screaming, "I'm finally going to get to be a grandma!" 

I heard two sets of feet pound down the stairs before my brothers burst into the room. Oh crap, this is just what I need. I give my mother a hard glare and wait for Alden or Oliver to start yelling.

"HAZEL! What does she mean by she's going to be a grandma?!?! I swear to god, if you are pregnant I will kill whoever made this happen!" Oliver shouted at me and Alden quickly agreed. I sat there glaring at my mother until they stopped their long line of threats consisting of 'I'll strangle him to death, then bring him back to life and kill him again for touching my baby (or older) sister!' and 'we'll lock him up in a dungeon and make his death real slow and painful!". 

"Explain, now!" Alden exclaimed, crossing his arms over his chest. I took in a deep breath for what felt like the thousandth time that night and opened my mouth.

"Mom! I officially hate you! You see what they're doing to me? You couldn't wait like two minutes for me to explain before you tell the whole world?!" I shouted at her, trying to control my frustration with the whole situation. 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! It's just that I'm so happy for you! Having a mate-" My mother began before the boys interrupted once again.

"You found your mate?!" Alden questioned, looking quite shocked. I nodded my head 'yes'. "Why didn't you tell us?!"

"Yeah Hazel, we never keep anything from you!" Oliver agreed with him. 

"If you guys will just shut up for three seconds, I can explain everything to you!" The nodded their heads for me to begin with my story. "Okay... So, yesterday at Logan's birthday party I met my mate. For now let's just call him.... Pepsi!" I said while looking at a can of pop that was sitting on the counter.