Chasing Her [15]

[A/N]: ahhhhh, chapter fifteen! The way I've planned this out there's going to be around 25-30 chapters (hopefully more!) so that means I'm halfway done with this book! :O *gasp* I hope you enjoy this chapter! OMG, A NEW POINT OF VIEW. Song in the external link is Lisa's, song on the side is Hazel's.

Thanks to ArabellaLynnChance for the cover on the side!

Chasing Her - Chapter Fifteen

Matthew Kings

I smirked as I walked away from Hazel and her mate, satisfied with how badly I pissed them both off. I guarantee that if I had said one more thing, Brian would've went wolf on me. As I made my way deeper into the forest I heard the crunching of leaves and soon saw my trusted best friend, who would be my Beta if I had my own pack. 

"Nice job." He commented, smiling with an evil glint in his eyes. I chuckled and looked over at him. His brown eyes were so dark they were almost black which contrasted with his blonde hair. "So how long do you think getting her is going to take?" 

"I'd say maybe a few days, no longer than a week." 

"But what about her mate?" 

"He'll be out of the picture soon enough." I spat in disgust. "Then she will be mine." 

"Well, how will you get rid of him?"

"Know anybody with a gun and one vicious pack of rogues?"

Hazel Smithe

Yawning, I stretched my arms over my head and looked around the room. I felt completely at ease, but it didn't last long for seconds later someone was pounding on my door. I yawned again as I stood up and opened it, just missing Oliver's fist. He obviously hadn't expected me to be awake.

"Sorry." He said quickly. "Brian told us about what happened last night. We have to do something, Hazel! He's dangerous." 

"I'm a big girl, I can take care of this by myself. Besides what could he possibly do?" I questioned. He sighed, running his hand over his face and through his hair. 

"You don't understand, Hazel!" He exclaimed, clearly frustrated with me. "He won't stop until he gets what he wants, and that just so happens to be you!" 

"I'll be fine!" 

"Whatever you say!" He shouted. I rolled my eyes at him knowing that this conversation wasn't really over and I hadn't won yet. "We're making sure you have a guard watching you at all times and dad wants you to attend more training session. If you see him again, or get another note, tell us. Either way will find out." 

I growled at his retreating back and slammed the door shut. My happy mood plunged down into the darkness, leaving me with an angry, depressed feeling. Sighing, I threw on a pair of shorts and a loose light purple t-shirt before making my way downstairs. 

Reaching the kitchen, I poured myself a bowl of Coco-Pebbles and ate it before continuing on to the backyard. Making my way to the treeline, I saw Michael walking towards me. 

He's probably here to watch me. I thought, rolling my eyes.

"Hey Michael!" I shouted to him. He picked up his pace, joining me by the trees in seconds. "What's up?"

"Well, it seems that I've been assigned to watch over you." He replied, ruffling up my hair. I smacked his hand away and pulled my brown locks into a ponytail. "I heard you had a date with Brian last night.." 

"It wasn't a date!" I exclaimed in protest. "We were just hanging out." 

"It was a date. Don't deny it!" He said, turning around as I went behind a tree to strip out of my clothes. "A little birdie even told me that you guys made out." My jaw dropped and I paused, my shirt halfway off.