Chasing Her [8]

[A/N]: yay, chapter eight! :) does everyone remember dylan? if not, go back to the end of chapter one. i hope you enjoy! the picture on the side is of Hazel's dress and don't hate me for the ending! ;)

Chasing Her - Chapter Eight

Hazel Smithe 

All during lunchtime I could feel Brian's eyes on me and it was annoying me to the point where I thought I'd explode. I turned around in my chair to see him taking with Jared, probably about why he's staring at me. I wonder if anyone else can tell that were mates..

Jared nodded his head in my direction and as soon as Brian looked this way I turned back around. I tuned out everyone else's conversations and quickly finished my lunch. Five minutes before the bell was supposed to ring, I stood up and left the cafeteria.

"Hey Hazel!" I heard a familiar male's voice call from behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see Dylan running towards me at top speed. "What's up?"

"Nothing much." I said, stopping at my locker and grabbing my books. "How about you?"

"There's a party tonight at the pack house, are you coming?" I rolled my eyes at him. My parents and brothers were the ones who put together the party, it was sort of like a late welcoming present to Michael, Jared, and Brian. If I had a choice, I'd probably stay home to avoid Brian but my mother basically told me I was going even if she had to drag me there by my hair.

"Uh yeah." 

"Cool, do you want me to pick you up?" He asked, slinging an arm around my shoulder. Even though Dylan was a part of our pack, his family decided to just live in their own house that was a few miles away. 

"That'd be great." I replied, giving him an awkward side hug. He smiled at me and I tore myself away from him when I reached the reading classroom. "I'll see you later then I guess."

"I'll be at your house at seven!" He called to me as he walked away. I made my way towards my seat and sat down with a sigh. I'll make it through this party, but just for Dylan..

--------------

The rest of the day passed by uneventfully, and I didn't see Brian once. I quickly made my way home and as soon as I was inside, I was up in my room and tearing through my closet. I felt like giving up, until I noticed cute extremely light pink dress sitting all the way in the back. It was sweet and simple, which was perfect for the warm late summer temperature. The top was weaved and the bottom flowed out nicely.

I set it down on my bed and went into my bathroom to turn on my curling iron. Even though I had about two hours until Dylan would come for me, I wanted to look perfect for some reason. Maybe it was the fact that my mate was going to be there, and deep down inside I knew I wanted to make him beg for me. I just prayed that nothing would happen between us. 

Once the curling iron was fully heated, I twirled it through my hair and created the perfect cascade of curls. After that I applied some light eyeshadow, mascara and a little bit of pink lip gloss. I stayed in my school outfit and messed around with things in my room to pass time.

"Hazel! Dylan's here!" Oliver called through my door as I twirled around infront of my mirror once again. I sighed and pulled on my nude flats before walking downstairs. When I reached the door, I saw Dylan standing there in a blue button-up shirt and dark jeans, eyeing me up.

"You look beautiful." I blushed and smiled at him.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I joked, giving him a hug. "Well likes get going!"