The Good Girl's Bad Boys [Boo...

By RubixCube89201

If you're judging this book by its cover and title, you're already proving the point this story wants to make... More

[TGGBB New Version] "Broken Glasses" Chapter One
Disclaimer
The Good Girl's Bad Boys
An Important Message to All You Amazing Readers
Part One
Prologue
Chapter One: I Said Leave Me Alone
Chapter Two: The Contract of Starbucks
Chapter Three: Do You Think We Forgot Something?
Chapter Four: Who Invited the Nerd?
Chapter Five: One For All, And All For One
Chapter Six: Strike One Strike Two
Chapter Seven: Strike Three, You're Out
Chapter Eight: No, Nomi Is Not Me
Chapter Nine: Cause I'm Your Boy Friend, Nomi
Chapter Ten: M to the Second Power
Chapter Eleven: Not Unless We Kidnap You
Chapter Twelve: I Think I'm Going to Wet Myself
Chapter Thirteen: The Topic Was Never Brought Up
Chapter Fourteen: Can You Guys Just Go?
Chapter Fifteen: Back to You Gena and Roger
Chapter Sixteen: We're So Sorry
Chapter Seventeen: Can You Promise Me This?
Chapter Eighteen: Isn't He That Short Guy?
Chapter Nineteen: This is Jennett, Beclan, and Dordan
Chapter Twenty: They Followed Us
Chapter Twenty-One: I'm Interrogating Him, Duh
Chapter Twenty-Two: What Good Are We?
Chapter Twenty-Three: With the Occasional Door
Chapter Twenty-Four: T-they're All Yours
Chapter Twenty-Five: Say Yes, Naomi
Chapter Twenty-Six: Closer Than You Think
Chapter Twenty-Seven: But If He Breaks Her Heart...
Chapter Twenty-Eight: I've Been Called Worse
Chapter Twenty-Nine: More Like Disturbed
Chapter Thirty: Just Take A Deep Breath...
Chapter Thirty-One: Don't Push It
Chapter Thirty-Two: That's Cheesy
Chapter Thirty-Three: Think, Naomi, Think
Chapter Thirty-Four: Your Breath Smells
Chapter Thirty-Five: How Are We Going to Get Down?
Chapter Thirty-Six: Ready to Die If This Doesn't Work?
Chapter Thirty-Seven: I Have Something to Tell You
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Here Comes the Airplane
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Wait, What's In That Duffel Bag?
Chapter Forty: Eleven Years, Eleven Freaking Years
Chapter Forty-One: Or About to Make Out
Chapter Forty-Two: Um... I Have Dragon Head Hair
Chapter Forty-Three: But the Best Use Is Eating
Chapter Forty-Four: -Bow Down to Jordan
Chapter Forty-Five: Checkmate
Chapter Forty-Six: I'm Not Wearing Tights
Chapter Forty-Eight: No, Hit Me
Chapter Forty-Nine: Ooh, Comfy
Chapter Fifty: I-I Can't Take This Anymore!
Chapter Fifty-One: I Don't Want to Cry
Chapter Fifty-Two: Not Another Lie
Chapter Fifty-Three: Yup, Right On the Schnoz (Nose)
Chapter Fifty-Four: Rome Wasn't Built In a Day
Chapter Fifty-Five: Hi My Name Is...
Chapter Fifty-Six: Lovesick? More like Seasick
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Don't Jinx It!
Chapter Fifty-Eight: What Bambi Eyes?
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Don't Be Sexist!
Chapter Sixty: Not You, Too
Chapter Sixty-One: We're Turning Ourselves In?
Chapter Sixty-Two: Okay, Close Your Eyes
Chapter Sixty-Three: What Used to Be
Chapter Sixty-Four: You're a Bully!
Chapter Sixty-Five: Something About Chipmunks
Chapter Sixty-Six: I Don't Blame You
Chapter Sixty-Seven: It Ruins the Flow
Chapter Sixty-Eight: Who's Stopping You?
Chapter Sixty-Nine: I Still Can't Believe-
Sneak Peek of TGGBB2
[TGGBB New Version] "Broken Glasses" Chapter One
Boys' POV Chapter
Stop the Bull- It has my Red Bull!
What the Block? (Wattpad Block Party 2016)
One Story to Rule Them All...
To the Musketeers of the Cubed Power
Amazon Prime x Wattpad "Panic" Campaign Bonus Chapter (2021)

Chapter Forty-Seven: What's In a Name?

1M 40.9K 91.7K
By RubixCube89201

Halloween.

It's the day when we trying to scare the candy out of people, from horror nights to haunted mazes. It's the day when we get candy from strangers using the secret code: "trick or treat" (because if there's one thing I learned, when a stranger offers you candy, you say yes). And of course, wearing a costume that's candy worthy or that will give you a couple of wolf whistles. True people are revealed whether they wear something or not in Halloween. Of course, I don't have this choice, but the thought is still the same. I've got the costume that the guys ordered for me just yesterday. I didn't like it, but a deal's a deal. If they wear the costume I want them to wear, I'll do the same. And at least it's decent.

The guys told me to go ahead to the party, and Jordan's friend will meet me there. They told me that Parker is going to ride with them because they're going to give him his costume in person. I didn't like the sound of that, but I went with it. Parker was okay with going with the costume exchange, but hopefully they won't do anything to him.

Anything traumatizing I mean.

The party is all the way at the other side of the city. I don't know the reason why Jordan and maybe the other guys moved to a school all the way to the West side, but they did. It was a good thing my parents were going to a Halloween party with some work friends over at the East side of town, because I don't want them to go through much trouble. They dropped me off and drove off to the night singing 'yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum'. If you haven't guessed it, they're dressed up as pirates.

A vampire was waiting for me at the front of the house. He took a deep bow and smiled at me, flashing pearly white plastic vampire teeth.

"The name's Andre, Andre Haynes," he said, or well first tried to say. The plastic teeth made it a gargled mess, so he took it out and had to say it again.

"I'm Naomi-"

"Yeah, Dani's friend," Andre finished, and I held back a chuckle with Jordan's nickname.

"Sorry you had to meet up with me."

He shook his head. "Nah, it's alright. Dani and I go way back, so I'm happy to do a favor for him."

I smiled. "That's nice."

"Well, we should head inside now," he said before walking ahead, having me follow after him.

But when we were at the front door he stopped. There was a bouncer standing next to him. He turned back to me. "Sorry, but you're going to need to get searched," he said as he motioned to the bouncer who nodded to me. "No hard feelings or anything, everyone's gotta do it, even me."

In demonstration, he let the bouncer pats down the guy who hired. I don't know if the guy did this just to assure me that everyone has to do this, or just to make sure himself. Anyway, after that, it was my turn.

"Don't get handsy," Andre said jokingly.

He grunted but said nothing.

It was a quick pat down. The search was awkward for the both of us, and I think the bouncer wanted it to end as much as I did. Once that was done, the both of us went inside the house.

Andre cleared his throat. "Welcome to my party," he said, spreading an arm out to the party, "I call it, "Nightmare on Alvarado Street". Get it? 'Cause my house is on Alv-"

"I think I got it," I assured him, nodding. "It ruins the joke if you explain it."

He sighed, his shoulders sagging. "Yeah, I know."

I looked around the party and saw a noticeable difference. I could even feel the difference in the atmosphere. The last two, well, the only two parties I went to were chaotic, loud, and the air was filled with alcohol and smoke. I couldn't smell a whiff of any drugs, which I'm thankful for. I could see some alcohol here and there, but I spot an easy to see separate table filled with soda cans and bottled water for people not wanting to get drunk. The party was loud, but at a good volume. It's not too loud for the neighbors to complain or that we'll be able to hear ourselves think, and the people in the party are still able to have a good time. Which everyone is. Everyone looked like they were having a great time, maybe even having a better time than people in the parties I went to. Despite the slightly lower music, the absence of drugs, some non-alcoholic beverages, people still were having fun.

"Wow," is all I could say.

"I'm the number one party host in my school, maybe even the whole city," Andre said proudly walking through the crowd with me next to him. "Everyone wants to go to my party. Parents want their kids to go to my party. I got a pretty good reputation with parents."

"Parents are willing to let their kids go to a party?" I asked in disbelief.

"Not just any party, my party," he corrected. "Do you know the reason behind my success in my parties?"

"Your popularity?"

"Well, yes but-"

"Your money?"

"Of course, but-"

"Your parents who let you host these parties?"

"Let me finish!" Andre said in exasperation. "Okay, the reason is because I try to make my parties safe."

I blinked. "Safe?"

"Yeah, safe," Andre said. "Hosting wild, dangerous parties, that's easy. Only thing is, no parent would want their kid to go to a party like that. This will make any kid sneak off to have either a great memory or a great regret when they wake up with a hangover and their parents boiling mad."

"You have a point there."

"Hosting a safe party that's just as fun as a dangerous one on the other hand, would be worth it if it wasn't so hard. But with a party like that, a kid could ask their parents if they could go, and they would say yes in a heartbeat rather than a bad one. But I don't make my parties boring-safe, just safe enough for the parents to be okay with it and the kids won't notice it."

"How would you make a party boring-safe?" I asked him.

"First of all, bouncers and bodyguards," Andre said, nodding off to a guy or two too old to be in a high school party, no offense to them. "The bouncer will make sure everyone is on the list, just friends of friends with plus ones, no strangers or uninvited kids. It's like an attendance, they check the person goes in and out of the house, if someone got lost or something, we'll be sure whether if they're in the party or not and if they're in there. They also search for any weapons or drugs, no one would want the first thing, if they want the second, they can go find it somewhere else and not come back. I also have bodyguards. Not too many to freak anyone out, just enough to stop a fight. Nothing ruins a party when there's a fight and a host's house is trashed."

"An unhappy host is an unhappy party."

He smiled at me. "Exactly. And you can't forget about the drinks. Sure, there's the kids who are fearless and are cool with drinking something, okay with dealing with their parents. For kids like... you I have to guess, if you want something non-alcoholic, it's there for you. It's in a separate table from the alcohol, all bottled water or soda cans. And there's someone who keeps an eye out of it, in case someone tries to be funny and do something."

"There should be some reason why you do this. What got you to do all of this?"

"Bad memories," Andre said. "I remember getting wasted, regretting it the next morning with a huge hangover. There's also getting into fights with old friends because of one more drink, ruining friendships. Making stupid choices and remembering it the next day." He shook his head to himself. "That's not how a party is supposed to be. You're supposed to have fun and enjoy the memories. Not the opposite and want to forget them. And after waking up hungover one day, I decided to host my own parties. The right way."

"What do you mean you got the last Dr. Pepper?" Someone demanded in a drunk slur.

Andre sighed. "But I never said the right way is the easy way." He looked at me. "Knowing this, I think it's safe to leave you a little bit. Dani told me I was supposed to keep an eye on you-" Oh, the faith they have in me "-but I need to handle this. This might not seem like something, but between Dr. Pepper, things can get nasty."

With that, he pushed through the crowd to break off the argument before it turns something bigger. I looked down at my phone to check the time. Every time I would press a button it would zap me. The screen was still blurry from the water, but I was still able to check the time. They should all be here by now.

"Talk about fashionably late," I muttered.

I wanted to stand around the front door and wait for the guys there. The thing is, the place is pretty big, and I don't know exactly where the exit is. So I was left wandering around the party, knowing with the Andre's word it should be alright. Though, I accidentally bumped into a panda, a girl in a cute panda onsie. She was holding some soda and it must've spilled it from her sigh.

"Sorry," I apologized. "I wasn't watching where I was going."

"It's alright," she said, waving it off. "I should've paid more attention."

I really wanted to find the guys, so it was worth a shot. "Hey, have you seen any guys dressed as the Three Musketeers?"

She looked around the room then her eyes widened when she saw something. "You mean those guys over there?"  She asked, pointing.

I looked at the direction she was pointing at and she was right, it was them. They were dressed just like I told them to be, as the classic three musketeers. People of the party stopped what they were doing, dancing, talking, standing and just backed away to make a path for them.

They wore the same matching costumes, with black collared leather tunics with embroidery at their chest and black gloves. They had black pants that were tucked inside black fold over boots that went up to their knees. They were wearing black cavalier hats -wide brimmed hats –in different colors: blue for Bennett, green for Jordan and red for Declan. They also had swords that were strapped to the side of their waists, Jordan's was at his right rather than the other left, though. I have to admit, they look pretty dashing in the costume, suiting them perfectly with their namesake. But the thing is...

I was disappointed.

Jordan's face lit up when he saw me and was starting to run up to me, his arms spread out for a hug.

"Halt," I said deadpanned, holding my hand out to stop him.

He screeched to a stop, his hat dipping forward over his eyes as he did. He had to fix it to show his bright green eyes again. "What? What's wrong?"

"What are you wearing?" I demanded.

"Musketeer costumes, duh."

"Yes, I could see that," I told him. "But where are the costumes I bought and send to you? You know, the stupid looking musketeer costumes with matching wigs and beards? Where is it?"

"I returned them," Bennett said. "I don't think I can specify this enough, but I'm not wearing a beard, much less a wig."

"You returned them?" I repeated in disbelief.

"If it's the money you're worried about, don't worry. I was sure they returned you money."

"I don't care about the money," I told him. Okay, maybe a little, but that wasn't the point. "You broke your end of the deal. I wore the costume you sent me-" I said as I gestured to my costume.

Typically enough, I'm Alice Liddell from Alice in Wonderland. I was wearing a dark blue dress with white embroidery on it. It came with a white apron I wore over it, with a big white bow tied at the back. I had white knee socks with black flats, and a blue bow with black lining on my hair. I was thankful they didn't give me a wig, I like being a brunette thank you very much.

"And you look adorable," Jordan cooed, pinching my cheek.

I swatted hit hand away, still mad at them. "I'm wearing this costume, so you should have worn yours. This is the whole point of this. You should be looking funny right now.

Declan smiled. "That's supposed to be Jordan's face."

"Hey!"

"And don't be so disappointed Naomi," Declan continued. "We're the Three Musketeers, we need look good in everything."

"I was really hoping to see what you guys look like in beards," I said, before adding, "besides Jordan," who closed his mouth.

"Fat chance," Declan said with a snort.

"We'll see," I muttered. "And I should have made you guys be flavors instead."

"Fat chance," he said again.

"Well, anyway," Bennett said, changing the subject, "We've finally decided that I'm Athos."

"I'm Aramis," Declan said.

"And I'm Porthos," Jordan said.

I thought it for a moment. "Yes, that seems fitting for you guys."

They unsheathed their swords that glint in the light of the room. Hopefully they were fake, or else the bodyguards would do something, well unless Bennett paid them. It's most likely the latter. They raised their swords and cross them with the other.

"All for one, and one for all," they said in unison.

"What's next on the list?" Declan asked, as he sheathed his sword.

Bennett pulled out a paper of the list of things I wanted them to do in reference of the book. "Too many, it'll take us the whole night. But what are the Musketeers without at least one servant?" He asked, referring to when the Musketeers each had their own servant.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked them.

"Oh Parker!" Jordan sang.

"No," a voice called back.

"C'mon," Jordan argued.

"No."

"You wouldn't want to leave Naomi along, would you?"

There was a long paused, before he sighed. "Fine."

This time, the crowd didn't part like the Red Sea for him. He had to push his way through the crowd with excuse me's and pleases.

"I look ridiculous."

The guys snickered amongst themselves.

"Yeah, that's the whole point."

Well, I couldn't blame him. He was the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. He wore what seemed like the human version of the clothes for the White Rabbit. He wore a red blazer that had a pocket watch poking out of a pocket. Over a white button down was a yellow vest, topped with a maroon bow tie, and grey skinny jeans with black shoes. Also, he was wearing round, thick rimmed glasses, fake of course, probably plastic. And what's a rabbit without his ears, which he wore a white bunny ears on top of his head, and a white rabbit tail from the way he was trying to hide it.

"No," I said, moving next to him. "You look cute," I told him, touching one of his bunny ears.

"Not as cute as you," he replied, fixing my bow.

"But you're late," I said, eyeing him, straightening his blazer. "You're late, you're late, for a very important date. Didn't you check your watch?" I joked with him.

"Ha ha," he said, rolling his eyes. "We're only late because they tried to make me wear this thing. They shoved the costume into my hands and told me to wear it. When I said no, they dragged me to the bathroom and..." he trailed off and shivered.

I looked at the three. "Don't tell me you traumatize him."

"Well, he should have put it on when we told him to," Bennett replied back.

"It's alright," Parker assured me. "I'm here now. I need some therapy sessions, but I'm here."

"Wait," Jordan said suddenly. "Before I forget." He went down on his knees, took out some rope and tied Parker's feet together.

"H-hey! What are you doing?"

"If you're a rabbit," Jordan said. "You gotta hop."

Parker started waving his arms wildly, trying to stay on balance. "This isn't funny you guys. Untie me, seriously. I'm going to-" He yelped and fell backwards.

"Parker!" I untied the ropes Jordan made and helped him up. 

"That wasn't funny," I told him.

"Yes it was," Jordan said.

"Okay, it was, but that's not the point," I said, before turning back to Parker. "Sorry about that."

He smiled at me as he put his arm around my waist. "It's alright." He looked at me. "I can just get lost in your eyes, y'know."

"Enough with these stupid references."

"Then why are you blush-"

"Manservant, get us some drinks," Jordan cut in as he roughly stepped between the both of us.

Parker sighed. "Right now?"

"Why are you calling him your servant for anyway?" I asked them.

"We said we could put the costume on him by force. He said he didn't believe it, and even if he did, we wouldn't dare. So we made a bet that if we would win, he had to be serve us the whole night," Declan said.

"And if he won?" I asked, looking at him.

"We would leave the two alone for the night."

"But guess who lost!" Jordan said brightly. "Now off with you, hop to it." Jordan and Declan fist bumped at that.

"I'm going to shove a carrot up your-"

"Do you want me to come with you?" I asked him.

Parker shook his head. "I hate to admit it, but you'll be safer with them. I don't want to lose you in another party."

"Another?" The guys demanded.

I ignored them and explained Parker was Andre has explained to me about his party. When I finished, he looked a bit relieved when Jordan backed me up.

"Okay, I can breathe a bit easier now. And it's alright, I'm capable of getting some drinks. I'll be right back," he said before planting a kiss on my cheek.

"Don't be late" I called out to him as he went in search for drinks. "I wouldn't want to worry and follow after you to some rabbit hole." I took out a paper with a list of references from the book out of a pocket in the dress, checking some things out. "Just a couple more to go now..."

"We should've made him Peter Pan," Declan muttered in regret.

I snorted. "He doesn't want to wear tights, and I don't want to see him in tights. End of discussion."

"Dani!" A voice called out.

Jordan perked up at the nickname. "Andy!" He called back.

The both of them hugged each other with a half hug.

"It's been a while, man."

"Yeah, I know, sorry about that," Jordan said with a chuckle.

"And it was a surprise when you called out of the blue and asked if you could go to my Halloween party. You should've called sooner, I already printed the guest list. But no worries, right? Killing trees, wasting ink, anything for you, Dani."

"And what's with that costume?" Jordan said, nodding to him.

"A vampire, what else?" Andre said, showing off his cape. "Chicks dig Twilight y'know."

Jordan laughed at that. "Oh, you've already met Naomi. And here are my friends, Declan and Bennett."

"Friends, huh?" Andre mused, raising an eyebrow as he shook each of their hands.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked Andre.

He shrugged. "Back when Jordan was in my school, he looked like he was being forced to hang out with them."

Jordan laughed. "That's because we were."

"Jordan," Bennett said, looking at him.

"Sorry, sorry," Jordan said, waving him off.

"But one of the eight wonders of the world is why exactly did you change schools after junior year?" Andre asked him. "'Cause you've been acting weird during that time, and suddenly you just up and left."

"My mom got a new job over at the West side," Jordan explained. "She decided to move to a better place with better rent, you know the stuff."

"Right, right," Andre said, looking as if he wasn't buying it.

I saw the guys fidget under their costumes, shift from one foot to the other at the awkward situation. Andre must have sensed the atmosphere and changed into a big smile.

"Well, you guys should go enjoy the party. Dani, we have to hangout sometime, catch up, you owe me."

"Of course, Andy," Jordan said with a smile.

And then like a vampire he vanished into the night. Okay, not really, just trying to put in some dramatic flair. He whipped his cape then walked away.

"Is it me, or is Parker taking too long to find some drinks?" I asked the guys.

"It's just you," they said in unison.

I ignored them. "He doesn't know the place very well. I'm going to go look for him."

Declan started, "No, don't-"

"The party's safe," I argued. "I'm taking Andre's word for it. And I should be able to get worried about my boyfriend. You're the ones who made him go get drinks knowing he doesn't know where the drinks are in the first place."

Bennett sighed and suggested, "Let's spread out then. He shouldn't be too far."

"He's late, he's late, for an important date," Jordan mused before going off in one direction.

We went to different directions to find the lost White Rabbit.

-

I rolled my eyes. "Just leave me alone."

"But if I leave you alone, the Red Queen will get you and off with your head!" He exclaimed loudly making me jump back.

I was so going to kill Jordan after this. I don't think the references will end.

I found the drinks, the non-alcoholic to be more specific, but I didn't find Parker. He must've found the drinks and went off to find us again. I wish we stayed there. Better there than being here.

A guy dressed in a Ghostbuster costume came up to me and is openly flirting with, and won't stop making Alice in Wonderland references. You can already tell the guy is drunk with the slur in his words, lost of balance, and bad alcoholic breath. If there's one thing I know for certain, if I have ghosts, I know who I wouldn't call.

"Aw, c'mon Alice," he purred, inching towards me. "How about you come back to my place later for some crumpets and tea?"

"Do I look like I want crumpets and tea?"

"Well, you're Alice aren't you?"

"No, but I know you're drunk," I said, pushing him away from me.

He grabbed my waist, grinning like a Cheshire cat- great, now he's getting me to do it too. "If you don't want to wait that long, we can always go upstairs," he offered before whispering, "I want to see your Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-"

Suddenly someone rammed between the both of us. He grabbed my waist and pushed the other guy away at the same time, making him stumble backwards in confusion. Then as swiftly as he came, he left.

With me.

"I think it was dumb, he was about to finish," the guy said. "How dumb he was for flirting such an innocent Alice so rudely like that."

I stared at the guy who literally stole me away.

He was Zorro. And no, I didn't mean Antonio Banderas. I wish it was, but then again, who wouldn't?

The guy was dressed as Zorro. He wore a black tunic with an open v-neck collar having a belt around his waist. Along with it were black pants tucked into black boots. There was a long black cape over his shoulders, tied by a string around his neck. Zorro's best known for, besides slashing a Z with his sword that was strapped around his waist, was his mask, a black bandana that went over his head. He wore a black mask over his head showing only his eyes and a hat to hide his hair. He was tall, as tall as even Bennett. He had dark gray eyes seen through his mask. And though his hat covered most of it, you could tell his hair was black and curly since it was slightly long enough to poke out of the bandana.

I was still processing the fact on what just happened. One minute I was talking to a drunk Ghostbuster who was too busy flirting me rather than receiving calls for ghosts. Then the next Zorro here just swept me off my feel, he literally stole me away. He wasn't wearing his gloves that were supposed to be part of the costume, so he held onto my right hand as his other was around my waist. He was swaying us together to the music which had changed to a slow song.

"Oh no, not another one."

"Now what do you mean by that?" He mused.

"You're going to be like that Ghostbuster, aren't you?" I asked. "Like referencing Alice in Wonderland, shamelessly flirting with me."

"Why would I want to flirt with you?"

"Um, I-"

He smiled at me. "You didn't let me finish. Why would I want to flirt with you, when I'm already dancing with you?"

"And you called that guy rude?" I accused.

He rolled his eyes under the mask. "Oh c'mon, I thought girls liked being stolen away."

"By guys they like," I corrected. "Not by drunk guys they don't know."

His breath seems normal, not smelling like any alcohol or anything. Though a bit like... smoke.

"Are you a smoker?" I asked bluntly.

Zorro sighed. "Yes, I am, well trying not to be. I'm trying to quit and all, using the nicotine patch."

"And let me guess, it's not working."

He snorted. "You want to check my breath again?" He offered.

"No, I do not," I said, moving my head away.

"And I'm not drunk," he said. "I'm just a good Samaritan, being a gentleman in saving a defenseless girl in the clutches of that Ghostbuster. He should be off vacumning up ghosts, not vacumning up your time."

"Yes, he should," I admitted. "And though your intentions are good, you should have at least introduced yourself before asking me to dance, well, stealing me away. I don't even know you."

"Of course you do," he said without missing a beat. "I'm Zorro."

"Okay, I set myself up for that one."

"Yes, yes you did," Zorro said before giving me a twirl.

I stopped at mid-twirl and began to walk away from the guy to find Parker. But he didn't let go of my hand and pulled me back to him, making me yelp, and then suddenly dipped me. When he put me right back up, I clutched his arm in surprise.

"Don't do that. That was scary."

"I thought girls like being dipped when dancing."

"You'd be surprise what you don't know about girls," I told him. "Like the fact they don't like to be stolen without permission. And that you should be able to tell when one doesn't want to dance with you."

"Really?" He asked, looking around the room. "Who?"

I don't think this guy is going to let me go that easily. I could always scream for help, but the guy doesn't seem like an axe-murderer, and it might just ruin everyone's night. I might as well talk myself out this dance, though I rather knee him in the groin and be done with it. But then again, he did save me from the Ghostbuster, so I should be thankful for that. I sighed, looking around the room. I'd really like to go back to Parker, very much now. Like, right now.

I stopped moving. "I'd really like to go now. So if you'll excuse me-"

"Don't be such a downer," Zorro told me.

I blinked. "I'm not a downer."

"Yes, you are. You fell down that rabbit hole, didn't you?"

"Okay that's twice now."

He chuckled. "It's fun talking to you."

I raised an eyebrow "So our conversation is like a game now?"

"Isn't that what life is? A game?

"Yes, like the board game."

"No, I mean like a metaphor," Zorro said. "Where we're all competing to win the same thing."

"Love?"

Zorro smiled. "I was going to say money."

"Really?"

"No, I was going to say love as well."

This conversation is getting awkward now. I want to go back to Parker. Right now. Please.

"So who's Parker?"

I looked at him. "Hmm?"

"Parker," he said. "You want to go back to Parker. That's what you're saying."

Oh classic, I was thinking aloud. "Well, he's my boyfriend."

He paused for a moment, down to a full halt. I could see his eyes just blinking in confusion. Then he got his composure back and went back to dancing. That's it? Not a dramatic gasp from any audience? All he did was make a small double take, processing that new information for a moment before acting as if nothing happened.

"And I'd love to go back to him right now," I continued. "He must be looking for me."

"What's taking him so long then?" Zorro challenged. "If girls like having guys they like stealing them away, then where is he?"

"He went to get some drinks," I said through gritted teeth. "He doesn't know the house and probably got lost. He was taking a while, so I got worried and went after him."

"Then why are you here when you could be out searching for him?"

"Well I could," I retorted, "if you weren't forcing me to dance."

"Who said I was forcing you?" Zorro asked me. "You could have left anytime you wanted."

"And now you tell me?" I asked in disbelief.

I tried to pull away from him, but he wouldn't let me go. Instead, his grip tightened around my waist.

"Liar," I called him, before stomping on his foot, accidentally on purpose. "Whoops."

He grunted at that. "No," he choked out. "You could leave. It's just that I don't want you to."

"You're a bit cocky, do you know that?"

He shrugged. "I've been called that at times," then he gave me a smug smirk. "But not the way you're thinking."

I made a face in disgust, trying to push him away with my free hand. "Ugh, get away-"

"Oh, I was only kidding," he said chuckling to himself as he twirled me again. "I just wanted to see your face when I said that. Now what were you saying about you having to save your boyfriend?"

"I wasn't saying that," I said, glaring at him. "He must've just wandered off somewhere. Anyway, I was looking for him, but I got-"

"-lost?" He finished.

"-I was going to say detoured," I told him.

"I think lost seems more fitting," he mused to himself. "Alice lost in wonderland, isn't that something?"

"I have a name, y'know."

"Oh? What is it?"

I snorted. "As if I'll tell you my name." I paused before saying, "Unless you tell me your name first."

"What's in a name?" He asked, which I instantly knew he was quoting and what it was from. "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other word would smell as sweet?"

I frowned. "Don't change the subject with Shakespeare."

He asked in surprise, "Not a Romeo and Juliet fan? Well, I don't blame you, it had a bitter ending. How about Hamlet instead?"

"I'm serious."

"No, you're just curious," he corrected before finishing, "on what my name is."

I don't know why I want to know his name. It's just that he keeps on changing the subject, always finding away to avoid the question. It's making me wonder more and more what his name is. It's the least he can give after taking my time away.

"What's your name?"

"That's easy. Antonio Banderas."

I'm really getting tired of these games now. "Stop joking around."

"I'm not," he interjected. "I really am Antonio Banderas. I'm dressed as him in Zorro, see?" He let go of me to gesture towards his outfit.

Taking the chance when he let go of me, I backed away from him. "I have to admit, it was fun. But I really have to go now. Someone's looking for me."

"Wait," he said suddenly, his voice sad even, grabbing my wrist. "Don't go."

"Why not?" I asked in confusion.

He was quiet for a minute, as if coming up with an excuse before saying, "Don't go without guessing my name."

"Can I at least have a-"

"No hints," he said, wagging a finger at me.

"Then how can I possibly guess?"

"Oh, c'mon," he said, "don't tell me that you don't remember me..." He paused for a moment before saying, "Nomi."

I blinked.

He suddenly walked up to me and pointed his finger right at my face. "From now on, I'm calling you Nomi, Nomi."

"My name's Naomi," I told him.

"Nomi."

"No, it's Naomi."

"Nomi."

I frowned. "Why do you keep calling me Nomi?"

He smiled. "Because it rhymes with my name."

I shook my head. "No it doesn't, it's Domi-"

"No," he said. "For now on, it's Domi. I'm Domi, and you're Nomi."

"I'm not going to call you Domi," I told him, "and I won't talk to you anymore if you keep calling me that."

"I'll give you my chocolate chip cookie if you do both," he offered, waving it in front of me.

My mouth watered at the sight of it. "Give me all your chocolate chip cookies for a week," I said.

"Deal!" Domi said, holding out his hand for me to shake.

He slowly backed away from me. "How can you possibly guess my name?" He repeated my words before chuckling to himself.

"Because you already know."

I stood there, not knowing what to say, what to do. That was when I stepped forward towards him. But someone suddenly walked in front of me, making me back up in surprise. When the person passed, he was already gone.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I suddenly whipped around.

"Naomi," Parker said in relief. "We finally found you."

"Where were you?" Jordan asked me. "We kept calling out your name. I was about to ask Andre to have his bodyguards try to find you."

"We already found the rabbit wandering where we were standing. But by then, we couldn't find you," Declan said.

Bennett suddenly snapped his fingers right in front of me, having me come back to them.

"Is something wrong, Naomi?"

I shooked my head. "No, of course not."

Of course not.

Right?

You do not know how long I've been waiting to write this chapter. The next one is one I've been also waiting to write for who knows how long. Sorry, no song for this chapter, only a meme. I'm really tired and need to go to sleep.

RubixCube89201

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1M 588K 78
(Complete) After Seren is assaulted by someone in her friend group, she begins to fall deeper into the depths of her depression. No one seems to noti...
323K 11.5K 50
Newton needed an apple to discover the Law of universal attraction. I needed Alex Carter to discover the attraction. Alex Carter, THE BAD BOY. Do I n...
7.7M 395K 45
Book Two of TGGBB Series Naomi Lorraine, who used to be or still known as Nerdy Naomi, looks forward in her thick rimmed glasses to a life without th...
1.7M 59.2K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...