FACADE

Princess_pearls

Everyone wears masks, some to fit in, some for make believe, while some have no other choice than to. Ca... Еще

Chapter 1: In My Feelings
Chapter 2: Out Of State Out Of Mind
Chapter 3: Buzz
Chapter 4: Escape
Chapter 5: Thoughts
Chapter 6:Tutor??
Chapter 7:Text
Chapter 8: Accidental or Intentional
Chapter 9: Surprise
Chapter 10: I Love You
Chapter 11: Memories
Chapter 12: See
Chapter 13: Toys
Chapter 14: Grape Juice
Chapter 15:Sheebah
Chapter 16: Sheebah 2
Chapter 17: Thank you
Chapter 18: A Perfect Sight
Chapter 19: Monster Brother
Chapter 20 :The Unknown
Chapter 21: The Analysis
Chapter 22: Midnight Thoughts
Chapter 23: Past Life
Chapter 24: The Party
Chapter 25:
Chapter 27: Marcus
Chapter 28: Saved By The Bell
Chapter 29: White Lie
Chapter 30: Alter Ego
Chapter 31: The Jog
Chapter 32: Regrets
Chapter 33: As Usual
Chapter 34 : Insane
Chapter 35: Strange
Chapter 37:
Chapter 38:
Chapter 39: Jingle Bells
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44:
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47: Rescued
Chapter 48: Rescued 2
Chapter 49:
Chapter 50: Edward Spread Rumors
Chapter 51: is That Even A Question
Chapter 52
Chapter 53:
Chapter 54:
Chapter 55:
Chapter 56: Yup
Chapter 57:
Chapter 58:
Chapter 59:
Chapter 60:
Chapter 58: The ËMPÏRË + Flashbacks
Chapter 59: More Flashbacks
Chapter 60: Thë Ëmpïre
Chapter 61: Ëmpïrë+ Nathaniel Banks
Chapter 62: More truth less lies
Chapter 63: Help
Chapter 64: Mission impossible
Chapter 65: Get the code right
Chapter 66: Operation Find Out Secrets
Chapter 67:The Great Escape
Chapter 68: A terrible event
Chapter 69: Flashing Through
Chapter 70: Decided Feelings
Chapter 71:A date like no other
Chapter 72

Chapter 26: No Answers

6 1 0
Princess_pearls

 "I kind of guessed you would come along" Shayne mumbled indifferently. If I didn't see with my eyes, I would have thought she intentionally lured me here. Plus, her tone sounded natural, like she was talking about something usual, like the weather which makes one feel she was without schemes and let one's guard down. Yet, I couldn't bring myself to, and I couldn't help but feel a little fear for her. She was scary.

I took my time to check her out, from her hairstyle to her nail polish, then to her dress and heels, everything was styled to perfection. She wasn't one of those spoiled brat that liked to put on airs, instead she gave off a vibrant and playful attitude. Funny how I thought at first that she was dumb. Even as she washed her hand inside the sink, her manner and attitude was cool and collected, in contrast to the situation Lisa was in before I left, and I scrunched my brows, scrutinizing her carefully.

     A white Asian-like skin, plump lips, a pointed nose and tiny eyes. Her eyelashes were as long as feathers and I silently compared hers to mine. A nice figure, large boobs and a flat tummy and finally her long legs were to die for. She had the body that anyone could kill for, but her personality is something I couldn't get no matter how hard I studied her.

When I first met her, she was like a weak cub, easy to bully. However, on our next encounter was like a tigress, baring her fangs.

The rumors I have been hearing about her wasn't that good either but the side she shows whenever she was with me is different. Is it all a Façade or which one is her real face? That was a question for another day.

 "I know you have questions. But I have got to tell you, I don't have the answers" As she said this, she zipped down her cloth and took it off, exposing the sexy lingerie that was under, and she put on the spare cloth she had with her.

 "You knew I lost my memories right?"

 "What does it matter"

"I don't understand you? One minute you're avoiding me like a plague and the other you're being friendly. The rumors going around about you isn't even the best for a new student".

 She smirked before replying "I think you should worry about yourself more. What goes around comes around".

 "What do you mean by that?"

 She stared at me through the mirror and I shivered, her gaze was deadly but immediately her glare dissolved as if It was just my imagination, and she smiled before turning to face me and patted my exposed shoulders.

 "You'll know what I mean. Very soon" Without another word, she turned to leave, humming a weird tune till her voice faded to the distance.

 I stood at the same spot, dazed as I mulled over what she said. What goes around comes around?

 The sentence kept repeating itself in my head but fortunately, I didn't have any reaction to it. But what I couldn't understand was, I could only remember when I saved her, and for a victim, that wasn't the attitude she should have. So why was it instead of being grateful she was instead, resentful?

Maybe she was just taking out her anger on me, yes she was annoyed by what Lisa said and took it out on me. I kept convincing myself with that sentence but deep down within, I knew I was scared. This Sheebah makes the hair on my back... Stand?

...

 It was time to go home, since my mission had been accomplished, even though what it yielded wasn't fruitful, at least I was able to have a talk with her and get it off my mind.

 Shayne had been scared, thinking me leaving before the party even started had something to do with Sheebah as they had all seen me follow her to the washroom. However, I told her it wasn't so and since my mom was the perfect excuse then why not use it? I knew more than anyone else that Shayne was very scared no I mean terrified of my mom.

 Not only was it effective, her attitude took a complete u turn from her encouraging me to stay to telling me to leave on time. I smiled at how quickly she was to change sides but nevertheless said my goodbye and left.

The matters between the both of us were deeper than that, that I was sure of. I got lost in thoughts as I watched the streets pass as the car kept moving. I hadn't even found out if Edward and Marcus came or not since I left the party, earlier than planned. But at the same time, there was no plan for me, my main objective was to see Sheebah and that I had done.

On our way home, I told Biden to stop the car, that I wanted to take a walk and get some fresh air to cool my mind. Into the night, I kept walking aimlessly and wasn't the least scared since I was sure Biden must be following me in the shadows.

I found a nearby bench to sit on and looked into the distance. This street was in a restricted lane, thus no sound could be heard and that was just what I needed. Peace of mind.

The chilly winter wind hit me and I shivered, since my cloth was armless and barely covered me well, I was vulnerable to the cold and felt my nose itch, before sneezing. But I didn't make any attempts to leave, it's been a while since I have let myself go, do things normal people.

At this moment, my mind was free of the heavy baggage that usually bound me, I was lost in thoughts before suddenly feeling my nose itch and I rubbed it, trying not to sneeze.

Suddenly, the light from the streetlamp was blocked by a figure, I quickly look up and for a minute couldn't believe my eyes. I stared dazedly at that figure and only when the wind hit my skin again did I wake up to reality.

In the cover of the night stood, Edward, his tall and imposing stature somehow shielding me from the wind. I couldn't see his face clearly since he had blocked the main source of light, but I have seen him many times to recognize him at a glance.

He had one hand in his pocket while the other was outstretched while holding a blazer. We stared at each other like that for what felt like eternity and at that moment, time seemed to stop.

However, the next minute, I saw him lean forward, our faces were almost touching and like that, I was able to take a close look at his divine features. Long eyelashes that fluttered like a butterfly, a pointed nose, rosy lips, and a pair of emerald green eyes, just like a painting.

He looked so breathtaking that I, who has never been moved by beauty felt myself wavering, and I could feel my heart thump loudly in my chest. It all felt like a dream.

Suddenly, he leaned in and covered my shoulders with his blazer and by the time I woke up from my daze, he already had his back turned against me, walking into the night.

I touched the blazer, and it was indeed there however, I was more convinced it was a dream, but it seemed too real?

...

 My parents were already home when I came in and judging from the lights that were still on, they were probably still awake. Feeling reluctant to inform them of my arrival, I snuck into my room, opening and shutting the door as quietly as I could before collapsing on the bed.

 The information I received today was too much to digest, but I knew I had to jot some hints down. I laughed sarcastically at how miserable my life had become, considering that I had to think hard to even get a clue about what happened in the past.

 If it wasn't for the unknown, I wouldn't have pursued the matter and would have just endured every pain that came with the memory recovery. At some point, I had thought I was like the others, donning designer clothes, at the top of the food chain, studying hard to make our parents proud and loving without restraint.

 But deep down, that voice had always whispered in my ear, telling me that I was different and no matter how hard I tried I was never going to fit in, not sure whether that was a gift or a curse.

 I would be lying if I said what Sheebah told me hadn't been bothering me, the sentence kept replaying in my head and at some point I started feeling a headache coming on.

 Fortunately, my drug was just in sight and I hastily downed it with water, breathing in and out like my therapist had instructed. I hated that she could affect me without really trying and the fact that she was foul-mouthed wasn't helping either.

 'What goes around comes around' I wrote the words down on a sticker note, and pasted it on the board I had just purchased and traced the lines. Jenny, Shayne and Becca, Marcus, Edward, Kennedy and Sheebah. Those were the few people I had had encounters with for the past two years.

 The matter was getting interesting, but unfortunately I knew I wouldn't have the time to pursue this matter now, thanks to the exams but hopefully after I will be able to untie the knots one after the other.

 I turned the board back to its usual position and looked out, before shutting the blinds. I switched on my nightstand lamp and tucked myself in. Alone with my thoughts, loneliness and burdens. I promised myself to find out whatever it was I had forgotten.

On the other hand, I couldn't stop thinking about Edward. My cheeks flushed hot and my heart kept beating loudly. Although I could be considered naive when it came to matters between a male and a female, that didn't mean I was oblivious to it. I didn't need anyone to tell me to know that I was already falling.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

450 9 4
Meet Emma Rodriguez. Also known as the 'bad girl.' The girl everyone fears. Hell, even the teachers are afraid of her. She cares about nothing, only...
I'll Tell The Stars About You. Yamiiiiyaa

Любовные романы

160 4 21
Katherine has always had a dark past, fears she can't get through, demons she can't slay, desires just in front of her but too far to reach, she may...
59.2K 1.4K 28
Harry was bullied mercilessly in middle school for being "weak" and "nerdy" but then disappeared for a few years, no one asking any questions. He's n...
Loved From Afar (COMPLETED) Meekling6

Любовные романы

1.6K 181 24
*PUBLISHED ON KINDLE* Amelia Diaz is an average woman with an average desk job, the highlight of her day consists of her daily visit to the small cof...