Dating Mr. CEO

By Emelradine

THE CHESTERFIELD SERIES #1 (THE MODEL & THE CEO) Pretending to the whole world that she is in the happiest r... More

DISCLAIMER
Prologue
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60A
60B
Epilogue
LOVING MR. CEO
Elroy and Fay Extras? Yaay or Nay?
IT'S UP!

37

39.1K 2.2K 395
By Emelradine

ELROY

    Four hours, it had been four hours since Fay had left to see Lucas.

Honestly, at first it didn't bother me. I felt a little bit pissed at the fact that she left to see Lucas, instead of completing the designs with me. But then, I reprimanded myself for being pissed. It shouldn't bother me who she befriends. It was actually none of my business.

So the reason why I was currently making my way towards their direction, was still a mystery to me.

I surely wasn't jealous was I?

I mean, why would I be jealous? It's not as if I liked Fay that much? She's my girlfriend, and it's normal to feel threatened whenever a guy was getting closer to her than usual, I mean, what would the public say if word gets out? I'd look like the fool at the end of it all.

I'm only going to let her know that I was ready to leave.

But then again...

I could just call her, or text her.

She'd waste time. Going there was probably the best option.

I pulled open the door to the editing office, slowly. And why I was acting like I wanted to catch them in the act of something, I'd never understand.

The sound of laughter made me stop in my tracks. Fay and Lucas didn't notice me standing by the door, as usual.

They were alone.

"She's going to actually like the card. Stop worrying, I trust my designs." Fay said with a big smile on her face. She had never smiled at me that way before.

Why did it even bother me?

"I know, I trust your designs too Fay, it's just that- Chloe is really selective." Lucas responded with a small smile too.

"Do you want me to talk to her?" Fay asked him, sounding like she really did care about whatever discussion they were having.

"Right, so you both can cook up a plan to get me eh? No, thank you."

She giggled like a school girl who was told she was beautiful for the first time.

It pinched my insides.

"What? I'm only trying to help in any way I can, but don't worry, you'll be fine. She'll like the designs. And if she doesn't like them? Leave it to me, I'll make new ones for you."

So she can spend four hours making whatsoever designs for Lucas and leave me hanging?

"Thank you Fay. I don't know what I'll do without you."

Is that a pinch of red I'm spotting on her cheeks?

"You don't have to thank me Luke, I'll do anything for you." She responded.

He smiled. "Okay, to let this all stick in, Let me treat you to dinner." He said.

What? Dinner?

"Oh, Lucas... I would have loved to but - El might call any minute now and I have to drive home with him. Raincheck?"

Raincheck? No way... Never gonna happen.

He was clearly into her, I could see it in his eyes, smile, the way he even talked.

How can you be interested in your boss's girlfriend? Is that even done?

Fine, I knew they had this connection thing going on before Fay and I got together, but still, that doesn't give him a reason to ask her out on dinners and stuff. Didn't he care about her reputation? I knew Fay was pretty dumb but I never knew she was dumb to the extent of thinking Lucas wanted to be just friends.

I mean, look at him! His body language said it all!

He doesn't want to be just friends with her, he wanted to win her over.

I frowned.

"Turning me down as always, are we?" He flashed her a smile I was sure he'd tag as 'dashing'

"It's not that... How do I cancel my plans with El." She answered him.

He sighed. "Since when did you even start having plans with him?" He asked, somewhat angry and surprised.

Fay ran a hand through her hair. "Since he changed."

"People don't change Fay." Lucas pointed out.

He was right. I myself don't even know my intentions with Fay.

"I know that. But he's getting better, and I'm beginning to trust him. I know you're worried about me, but I assure you, there's nothing to worry about."

"I don't trust him. I feel like he's doing this for a reason. And even if he wasn't, then he's doing it to reduce the drama around you guys." Lucas said.

Damn it to hell if he wasn't right.

The last thing I wanted to do was hurt Fay in any kind of way. I had made a promise to her, and even if on the long run I had done something really horrible to her, I apologized. But that doesn't wipe away the fact that I was lying to her about putting more efforts in the relationship because I wanted to make it better for the both of us.

As Lucas said, I was only doing this to seize the endless drama, and to keep grandma happy.

Not because I want to... Not because of her... Not because of us.

I tucked both my hands into my pockets, debating on if I should just walk away or call out their attention.

But I stood there, watching them.

"Even if he was just doing this to seize the endless drama, it's still better than him letting the drama drag on. At least he- he wants the drama gone. Better than him doing nothing at all." Fay answered.

Her reply touched a spot in me that I never thought was capable of reach.

This was it... It was little things like this... these little sentences that wasn't supposed to mean anything to me, it was exactly what got to me the most.

"I'll take your word for it Fay. But please, if anything happens, know that I'm here for you. The last thing I want right now is for you to get hurt. But I have to stay positive."

"Thanks Luke. I honestly don't deserve you." She told him.

He cared for her.

"You don't have to thank me. I don't know why I feel responsible for you, but I don't regret it. I will always love you Fay and I'll always be here for you."

She smiled, engulfing him in a tight hug. He hugged her back with more emotions attached to it.

I took a step back.

Coming here was obviously a mistake. They both had more chemistry. It was very obvious, it surrounded them like a thick flame.

I was about turning when Lucas's gaze met mine, deliberately.

A sly smile formed on his lips, accompanied by a dark look.

What?

This bastard! He knew I was standing here the whole time. I was right about him. He cared about Fay, and he was intent on winning her over.

Fay pulled away. "Thanks Lucas." She said.

"No, it's you I should thank. You left Elroy just to help me. You've done more than enough for just one thank you... That's why I'm hoping on that raincheck dinner. It's still going to happen right?"

"Of course. I'll call you tomorrow when I set a date for us to meet up." Fay said.

"I'd be expecting that call."

She smiled. "Hope Chloe gets to like the designs."

"I hope she will." Lucas responded. He did a fake double check on my direction, then his face brightened. "Oh, look who's here for you." He said.

Fay's brow furrowed in confusion as she followed his line of vision.

When her eyes met mine, they widened. "El?"

I managed a smile. "Hey, are you done?" I asked.

"Yeah... Yeah-" she glanced at Lucas before meeting my gaze again. "We are- uh- done. I was just about to text you."

Yeah, you were.

I took few steps into the editing office. "Yeah, there's obviously no need for that now. Are you ready to leave?"

"Yes." She answered with a genuine smile.

"Great, here-" I gave her my car remote.

She took it from my palm with a confused look.

"Go wait for me in the car. I'll join you shortly." I said, tersely.

She looked worried now. Glancing from me to Lucas then to me.

"Um... Okay. Bye Luke." She said.

"Bye Fay." He answered.

I made sure Fay was out of sight before I turned to Lucas with my infamous glare.

He had a smirk on his face. "She's a beauty isn't she?" He asked.

"She is." I replied. "But this is all my fault... You wouldn't have had the guts to say that if I had listened to Carter years ago when he told me not to hire you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 38.6K 58
This is the FIRST book; JAXON KING hottest guy in school but has rumors about him being in a gang. Every girl wants his attention, though they dont...
99.1K 1.7K 59
#1 IN #MAFIADON - 7/4/24 #2 IN #BOARDING SCHOOL - 21/12/23 #2 IN #ENEMY - 21/4/24 #4 IN #TEEN - 15/4/24 #6 IN #BADBOY - 16/1/24 ... "Say you hate me...
3.9K 43 9
Hendry Arnaud Camden came from a long line of wealth. Hendry was groomed to be one of the successors of his family's wealth. With all the strict rule...
3.6M 117K 41
You've got one boy. One girl. One pretty little lie. A perfect relationship. The perfect boyfriend. The perfect girlfriend. The perfect dates. The pe...