𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐘�...

بواسطة kazuhalvrr

ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ (ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ɪɴsᴇʀᴛ) »»--------- ♔ ---------«« "𝘪'𝘥 𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦, �... المزيد

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»
ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
𝟏 . 𝟐
𝟏 . 𝟑
𝟏 . 𝟒
𝟏 . 𝟓
𝟏 . 𝟔
𝟏 . 𝟕
«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»
𝟐 . 𝟏
𝟐 . 𝟏 𝟓

𝟏 . 𝟏

15.5K 500 2.2K
بواسطة kazuhalvrr

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Sorry? Sorry for what?" he asked. We sat down, leaning against a bookshelf.

{y/n} couldn't get the words out of her mouth. Her tears flowed, as she lay head on his shoulder.

He softly ruffled her hair and gave a smile. "Don't worry, you can tell me if you're ready."

She chuckled wiping my tears, "Ray, you're different today, are you? Usually, you'd be smacking my head by now."

He looked away, "Of course, you're my family."

She smiled, I'm ready to tell you, but are you ready to hear it?

She took a deep breath. Glancing upon the many books amongst the shelves. The library usually calmed her down. She would often come here if she felt depressed.

"Mama called me a few minutes ago."

Ray didn't make eye contact with {y/n}, but she knew he was listening.

"About..."

She explained to him every detail of her and Isabella's conversation. He stood up, furious.

"W-what do you mean you're getting shipped out? And you just accepted it?" Ray asked, clenching his teeth.

"Mama didn't know either. I didn't know what to do too," said {y/n} as she wiped her tears.

"You can't do that! Y-you have to escape! Faster, we can make a plan right now. And you can—"

"Ray," {y/n} cut him off. She placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled. "What can we do? It isn't Mama's fault I'm getting shipped out. You might get in serious trouble if I get shipped out."

He hissed. "Are you crazy? Who cares if we got in trouble? Just as long as your safe—"

"Once again, I appreciate it. But like Norman, if I escape, there will be some problems. I want to make sure your escape goes successfully."

Ray let his emotions take over him, he clenched his fists as he started yelling. "You should prioritize yourself first! Think about the other kids! What would they do if they found you dead?"

"Can't you just listen to me for once?" she yelled back. "Your safety is my number one priority!"

"You know how essential you are to the escape, if you leave, our chances might go down."

{y/n} clicked her tongue, "It's I live or all of you dies! I can't do that!"

His breathing slowed as he hung his head low. "Dammit."

Tears started forming on the edges of her eyes. She smiled, "I love you so much, but reality hurts. Am I right?"

He didn't reply.

She sat down and leaned on the bookshelf. "I'm getting shipped out tomorrow, midnight. None of the other children know about this." {y/n} gestured him to sit down right next to her, which he did.

"Y-you... dammit."

"I'm sorry."

»»————- ♡ ————-««

It was 6 A.M. as the bells of Grace Field rang.

{y/n} woke up to see a raven-haired boy asleep next to her.

We cried ourselves to sleep, huh? she thought.

She glanced at the hanging clock. 18 hours left until her shipment.

She tried to stand up slowly, trying her best not to wake the raven-haired boy up. Afterwards, she headed towards her room.

She changed her clothes and tried her best to put up a smile. Thinking yesterday's events never happened, it was all just a dream.

"Good morning {y/n}!" exclaimed Phil.
{y/n} smiled, "Good morning."

At breakfast, Emma, Ray, and {y/n} had no plan to talk to each other. {y/n} tried to smile and hide the truth.

The atmosphere around the house changed. Dark clouds filled the sky, the ground was damp, as it rained last night.

The children did their daily tests. Emma wasn't in the mood, as it hasn't been a single day since Norman's departure. Ray didn't make single eye contact with {y/n}, still mad about the events last night.

{y/n} sighed in despair. Mama went to announce the scores. None of the kids even noticed, but {y/n} knew she was still shocked after hearing the news.

Mama's hands were a little shaky. Her face was pale, as she probably didn't sleep that well last night.

{y/n} had no idea what to do for her last day at Grace Field house. Play? Read? Train?

No, {y/n} wasn't in the mood to do any of those.

She decided to visit Emma in the infirmary. She could use her final day to support Emma's plans.

"The plan Norman gave me was very specific. Anything from Ray?" asked Emma.

{y/n} shook her head. "I think he's still shaken up from a few days ago. Plus, he doesn't even want to see me..."

"Why?" asked Emma. "Did you do something wrong?"

"N-no," {y/n} lied.

"Then you better go make up with him! You two are close, right?" said Emma. "C'mon, no fighting here on my watch!"

{y/n} smiled. "Yeah. Thanks, Emma. I'll try to talk to him."

She nodded and smiled. "Then, talk to you later?"

"Yup!"

Little did Emma know, that later might be never.

Out of instinct, {y/n} went to the library.

It may be her comfort place, but she knew that it was Ray's too. After all, he's the one constantly recommending her books to read.

{y/n} knocked on the door before opening it silently. She paced around the room to search for him. {y/n} heard a shuffle from the right. She hastily ran towards the sound and met with Ray, leaning against the bookshelf with a book on his hand.

He didn't seem to read. He practically looked lifeless.

She sat down next to him as She ruffled his hair. He glanced at me with tired eyes, and she smiled.

"You still managed to smile even in a situation like this?" he said weakly.

"Well, what else should I do? Frown?" {y/n}joked.

He turned away from her.

"Hey~ don't be so depressed! I'm still here. Well and alive!" she exclaimed.

"Soon enough you won't."

She frowned.

"There's the frown," he mumbled.

She jokingly punched him as he winced in pain.

"You really never know how to control yourself, do you?"

{y/n} crossed her arms, "Hmph, at least I get to leash out all my anger on you."

He rolled his eyes. "That was weak for a punch from you."

"Oh, do you want me to punch you harder?"

»»————- ♡ ————-««

They joked and joked until it was midnight. Their smiles faded and were replaced by tears.

"Time flies so fast doesn't it?" said {y/n}.

"You can still escape {y/n}—"

"You should've said that awhile ago. When it was morning."

She stood up and patted down the dust from her skirt. "Well, this is our goodbye."

"{y/n} please—" he choked.

She kneeled down and smiled, "Don't worry, I won't forget about you."

Tears fell down from his eyes. {y/n} saw this as she felt a lump in her throat.

She sniffled, "Then, goodbye. Ray."

He didn't reply back.

She stood up and made my way to the bedroom. She quickly changed and went to Isabella's office. She knocked on the door, softly, as She was greeted by Isabella's graceful face.

"Are you ready?" asked Isabella.

{y/n} nodded, "Ready as I'll ever be."

Isabella smiled and lead the way.

This is the last time {y/n} would be walking through these hallways. This is the last time she would be seeing my family. This is the last time she would be standing here in this house.

Isabella opened the doors for me as {y/n} stepped outside. The forest was cold and dark. This wasn't her first time wandering around the forest at night, but today was completely different from before.

{y/n} took one last look at my home, where all her memories were made. "Goodbye, house."

They walked down the pathway leading to the gates as Isabella held the only source of light in this darkness. The walk was silent, only the sound of the wind bristling and their footsteps were heard.

They didn't make a single conversation. Not even small talk.

When they were nearing the gate Isabella spoke, "Why so quiet, {y/n}? You usually were the most talkative around the house."

"I wasn't in the mood to talk," she replied. "You? What do you feel about this?"

"I feel shocked about the news, yes. But don't worry, his intentions are good. You'll be fine."

"Dying seems fine..." {y/n} mumbled.

Mama laughed, "Oh {y/n}, I'm so sorry to see you go. I think Ray would miss you a lot, you two were really close."

She stood there in silence and lowered her head.

Memories appeared in my head as she cried. It hasn't even been an hour yet and she wanted to go back. Go back to her home, to Ray.

"Mama," she whimpered. "Please take good care of him."

She nodded and smiled. A real smile.

"If your scared about death don't worry," said Isabella. "It wouldn't be painful at all."

They continued their walk to the gate and soon arrived. {y/n} took a few deep breaths and faced reality. Death was nearing as she walked towards the truck we saw Conny in.

She closed her eyes and expected a stab unto her chest, but nothing happened.

"{y/n}," Isabella called, "over here."

Isabella's voice startled her. She turned to Isabella and saw her opening a door, gesturing {y/n} to go inside.

Thoughts were whirling around her head,
What is going on? Why am I not dead yet?

She did what she is told and went in. Entering the room, {y/n} was face to face with a tall man, with long white hair and green eyes. He was wearing a formal suit and was laid back and tried to give me a smile, which was... kinda scary.

A dark aura surrounded him, making him scarier than it seems.

"Isabella, I'm so glad you made it safely. Is this {Y/C}? Or as you call her... {Y/N}?" asked the man.

"Yes, sir," Isabella replied.

He then knelt down in front of me and held my hand, "Hello there, {Y/N}. Pleased to meet you."

{y/n} stood silently. She felt her body shaking as her heart was beating off her chest.

"I'm Peter Ratri. Your new 'father,'" he continued. "I would be training you daily, making you the strongest person alive in this world. That's if... of course, you want to join me."

"N-" the words couldn't escape her mouth, Should I really accept this offer? Death or life? What should I—.

"What kind of training will you do?" asked {y/n}. "Sword? Gun?"

He laughed, "Isabella, I see you have made fine produce after all." He turned to face {y/n}, "We have a variety of training, dear. Sword and gun included."

Do I accept? I really wanted to be a stronger person after all, she thought.

"You'll be my personal assassin," he smiled. "My right hand."

She clenched her fists and faced him. "And what of I don't want to?"

"The typical shipment. Death."

"I don't really have a choice do I?" said, {y/n} coldly. "Fine. I accept your offer."

He laughed mischievously, "Good, follow me to your new room. Isabella, you may leave."

She nodded. "Enjoy your new life, {y/n}."

Before she left, {y/n} grabbed her wrists. "W-wait! Mama, can I talk to you for a bit?"

Mama glanced at Mr. Ratri and he nodded.

She kneeled down, "What is it, {y/n}?"

"Please keep Ray safe for me, and Emma, and all the kids in Grace Field. Please..." she pleaded, falling to my knees. "I don't want them to suffer anymore."

She took my hand calmly, "Don't worry, I'll keep them safe."

Mama helped {y/n} stand up and waved her goodbye, leaving {y/n} and Peter Ratri alone in the room.

"Let us proceed, {y/n}."

They walked through several long, dark corridors, passing rooms filled with abnormal children.

"W-What are you doing to them?" asked {y/n}, horror plastered all over her face.

"They're being experimented on. To see if we can produce more premium meat," he explained. "We're just passing by Lambda, but you won't stay here."

So many questions arose from her head.

"You're an exception. I was the one who gladly took you in. Be grateful," he said in a cold tone.

It was quite a long walk to get to her room. All she saw were many children inside chambers, all suffering.

She wanted to help them. This is way worse than Grace Field, but what can she do? She's just like one of them.

"We are here," said Mr. Ratri, opening the door.

She bowed respectfully as she entered inside. The room was quite nice. There was a desk, a bed, and a closet. It was tiny, but not so cramped. All the essentials were there and that was enough to make a living.

Without any hesitation, {y/n} jumped to the bed. It was soft, comfortable. She felt her eyes closing as Mr. Ratri spoke.

"Sleep tight, {y/n}."

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

434K 17.5K 39
𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝, 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲...
3.3K 98 18
❝𝗜𝗠 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗚𝗨𝗜𝗗𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗛𝗘𝗟𝗣 𝗬𝗢𝗨❞ ╰┈➤IN WHICH THE "ONE" HAS A DAUGHTER TPN X FEM!READER HEAVY MANGA SPOILERS! (nothing is...
444K 16.5K 32
❝ as long as i save my children, then so be it. i don't care whose blood i spill or even the amount of blood. demon or human, i won't let anyone take...
14.5K 378 16
"You're from a whole other world" "A different dimension" "You open my eyes" "And I'm ready to go" "Lead me into the light" You just finished th...