Waiting

By Noelsqueen

Will Ashley's troubled past prevent her from finding true happiness when she finds herself falling for her so... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 30

366 4 1
By Noelsqueen

Ashley woke up with Noel snuggled up against her back. She smiled and turned to face him. She studied his face as he slept and thought of how much she saw of Dylan in him. She leaned into him and kissed his lips, causing him to stir. He turned his head and opened his eyes sleepily.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

He smiled at her.

"Do you want some coffee?"

"Sure." He closed his eyes again.

She got dressed and went into the kitchen and made some coffee and looked in the fridge. There wasn't much food in it. She closed it and poured two cups of coffee and set them on the table. She sat down at the table and took a sip of coffee. She looked around and saw signs of Selena around the house. Her scarf was hanging on the chair. Her boots were sitting by the door. She looked over and saw a picture frame on the kitchen counter. It was a picture of Selena with Noel. They looked so happy together. In the frame next to that one was a picture of Selena and Dylan. Selena held her tiny little body in her arms. She must have been just a few weeks old. Ashley put her face in her hands and felt terrible. She wanted to be anywhere, but there. She got up, put her shoes on, grabbed her purse and car keys and left. 

Noel woke up some time later and looked around confused.

"Ash?" 

He looked around. He got out if bed and pulled on his boxers and jeans and walked into the kitchen. He saw the two coffee cups on the table, but no Ashley. He looked around. 

"Ash?" He called.

He noticed her purse was gone and looked out the window. Her car was gone. He texted her.

"Where are you?"

A couple minutes later she responded.

"I'm sorry, I saw that picture of you and Selena on the counter and I had to leave. You need to tell her."

He sighed and looked over at the pictures on the counter. Then it dawned on him that Selena was due home any minute. He went to the bedroom and quickly made the bed. He hoped the sheets didn't smell of sex or Ashley. He took a quick shower and got dressed and walked into the kitchen just as Selena walked through the door. 

"Hey!" She smiled when she saw him.

"Hi." He gave her a faint smile.

She walked over to him and hugged him then kissed him. She looked at the table and saw the coffee cups.

"Aww, you made me coffee? I'll be right back, I really have to pee."

She walked out of the kitchen and he sat at the kitchen table waiting for her. 

Selena used the bathroom in the bedroom then walked over to the bed. She smiled to herself. He never made the bed. She was about to turn to go back to the kitchen when something caught her eye. Something shiny laying on the floor by the leg of the nightstand. She went over and picked it up. It was a ring. It was the ring Ashley had been wearing. Her heart started beating fast. Why was it in Noel's bedroom, right by the bed? She took a deep breath and walked to the kitchen. She walked over to the table and sat down. She picked up the coffee cup. It was cold. She put it down and looked at Noel with tears in her eyes.

"Why?"

"What?" He looked at her.

She put the ring on the table in front of Noel.

"I found this by your bed."

Noel stared at the ring.

"Want to tell me what it was doing there?"

He looked at her.

"How long have you been fucking her?"

"Selena..."

"How long?" She yelled.

"Not long." He said softly.

Selena wiped her eyes and looked at him. He hated the way she looked at him. It was a look of pure disgust. 

"I'm not good enough? I didn't satisfy you?"

"No. You're amazing."

"I can't believe you did this to me."

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry." She rolled her eyes and looked at him.

"You're just like every other man I've dated. A fucking cheater and a liar."

She stood up.

"It's over. I'll go get my stuff."

She walked away and Noel didn't know what to do or say. He sat there staring at the ring in front of him as Selena gathered up all of her belongings. She walked back into the kitchen with a bag of her stuff and looked at him. He looked back at her.

"I guess I've known the whole time that you still loved her. I tried to tell myself that it didn't matter and if I just waited long enough you would stop loving her and start loving me. I was an idiot." 

She wiped a tear from her cheek.

He hated to see her upset and hated the fact that he was the cause of her pain. 

"Goodbye Noel."

She turned and walked out the door. Noel sat there for a few minutes. He felt horrible, but relieved at the same time. Now he could start off fresh with Ashley.

He grabbed the ring and his car keys. He drove to Ashley's house and got there just as she pulled up.

He got out of the car and walked over to her car. She got Dylan out of her carseat and put her down. She saw Noel and ran over to him. He picked her up and gave her a kiss. Josh got out of the car and looked at Noel. Ashley walked over to them.

"Hey, what are you doing here?'

"Selena knows. We broke up."

"Knows what?" Josh asked confused.

Noel looked at him.

"That I love your mom and I want to be with her from now on."

He handed Dylan to Josh and turned to face Ashley.

"Ash. I've done alot of stupid things in my life, but letting you go was by far the stupidest."

She smiled and wiped her eyes.

He took a step closer to her and pulled the ring from his pocket.

"I think this belongs to you."

"You found it?" He put it on her finger then he kissed her. 

"I want you to wear this ring everyday so that you can look at it and remember how much I fuckin' love you."

"I love you too." Ashley smiled and they kissed again.

"Kiss!" Dylan squealed.

They all laughed then went inside. 

Noel and Ashley were never apart again and lived happily ever after with Josh and Dylan.

The End

*Song inspirations

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 216 11
Lyla feels like her life is going nowhere after she lost her job but everything changes when AnaΓ―s, her best friend introduces her to a group of guys...
15.3K 399 21
Julia has good reason to be wary of Liam Gallagher. He's a hooligan whose track record is riddled with several flings, including one with her best fr...
3.6K 60 23
'Before I could say another word, his lips were interlocked with mine, the adrenaline ran through my veins, I'd forgotten what it was like to be in h...
267 1 14
What happens when lead singer of Britpop band oasis and lead singer of American girl group falls in love.