Chapter 19

Noel looked over at them and smiled. He walked over and hugged Ali then he looked at Ashley and looked at her big belly.

"Look at you." he smiled and gave her a gentle hug. 

"Hi" she smiled at him then glared at her sister.

"I thought you were in England?" Ashley asked.

"Just got back last night."

"Just in time for a party. Come over to Ashley's house tonight, it's Josh's birthday, we are having a cook out."

"Oh I dunno"

"Come on, we havent seen you in forever."

He looked at them then said

"Yeah ok, I'll stop by."

"Great, see you at 5."

He looked at Ashley with a serious face.

"See ya la'er"

"Bye" she forced a small smile.

He walked away and Ashley turned to her sister. 

"Why did you do that?"

"It will be the perfect opportunity to tell him about the baby."

She hated to admit it, but she knew her sister was right. She had to tell him. She just hoped he would come alone. 

Later that evening people started to arrive and she suddenly felt very nervous. She wasn't sure how he was going to take the news. She had already decided to wait until after dinner to tell him. She was in the kitchen getting some food ready when she heard his voice. She took a deep breath and turned to see him walk into the kitchen with Josh. 

"When do we eat?" Josh asked her.

"Rob is starting the burgers in a minute."

Noel smiled at Ashley.

"Long time no see." He joked.

She chuckled. 

"D'ya need any help with anything?" He asked.

"No, I think we got everything covered. Can I get you a drink?"

"Sure, I'll just have some water."

She got a bottled water from the fridge and handed it to him. She pretended not to notice when his fingers grazed hers as he took it from her. 

"So how's that album coming along?"

"Good, its finished. Just needs to be mixed."

"Noel said maybe I could go with him to New York next week" Josh said.

"It's totally up to you" he looked at Ashley. "That's where they are gonna mix it, it would only be for a few days."

"Yeah, I think that would be ok."

"Yes! Thanks mom!" Josh grinned at her.