Chapter 10

The next day she called her sister.

"Hey"

"Hey, remember that guy you were telling me about?"

"Who, Mark?"

"Yeah, the engineer?"

"Yeah"

"Can you set up a date for us on Valentine's day?"

"Absolutely!"

"Thanks."

"You're going to love him!" She squealed.

"We'll see."

"Ok, I'll let you know for sure and all the details."

"Ok, thanks sis"

"Your welcome, I'm glad you called."

"Ok, bye"

"Bye"

The next week, Noel and Ashley didn't see each other at all and he didn't text her at all like he usually did. She missed him, but told herself it was for the best that they didn't have sex anymore. She tried to focus on her upcoming date. 

Valentine's day arrived on Friday and Ashley was very nervous. She was ready to find somone though and hoped it would go well. Josh was sleeping over at Ali's that night, "just in case it goes really well" Ali had told her. Ashley got dressed and put on some makeup then took a deep breath and looked in the mirror. 

"Just have fun" she told herself.  

She drove to the restaurant where she was meeting her date, Mark. He was already sitting at the table when she arrived. She walked over to the table and he stood up when he saw her.

"Ashley?"

"Yes. Hi Mark, nice to meet you" she smiled.

She looked him over and was satisfied. He was decent looking, nothing particulary stood out about him, but he wasn't ugly or anything. She suddenly felt completely shallow for that thought. She sat down and he smiled at her. 

"Ali was right, you really are beautiful."

"Oh thank you." She smiled back.

They ordered their food then got to know each other a little bit. He was 49, never married, no kids, loved the outdoors, and played the guitar.  He was also a successful engineer and dressed like it. He wore an expensive suit and watch. Ashley really enjoyed their date and when he walked her to her car, they exchanged numbers and he gave her a small kiss. She drove home, but as she pulled up to her dark empty house, Noel popped into her mind. She felt kind of bad about how it went the last time they saw each other and decided to go see him. It was only 9:00 and she hoped he would be home. She pulled up to his house and walked to the door. She took a deep breath and knocked. He opened the door a couple minutes later.

"Hi" she smiled.

"What are you doin 'ere?" He said flatly.