Bad Moon Rising// Jacob Black

By Justeen_96

"Red? Little Red?" Wysteria hears the nickname and a memory jolts through her of a boy with a toothy grin and... More

BAD MOON RISING
↝ PART ONE: life sucks and then you die ↜
➴ one: MOVE OUT OF THE WAY THOR ➴
➴ two: WHEN LIGHTNING STRIKES ➴
➴ three: AN UNEXPECTED GUEST ➴
➴ four: ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY ➴
➴ five: BIRDY ➴
➴ six: JAYBIRD ➴
➴ seven: LITTLE RED ➴
➴ eight: THE COMING STORM ➴
➴ nine: IZZY BIRD ➴
➴ ten: A LITTLE PARTY ALMOST KILLED SOMEBODY ➴
➴ eleven: A FEVER YOU CAN'T SWEAT OUT ➴
➴ twelve: WRAITH ➴
➴ thirteen: CRASH COURSE ➴
➴ fourteen: COLD ONES ➴
➴ fifteen: I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE ➴
➴ sixteen: SEEING IS BELIEVING ➴
➴ seventeen: LIGHTNING ROD ➴
➴ eighteen: PEACHES ➴
↝ PART TWO: there's a bad moon on the rise ↜
➴ nineteen: JUST DUMB LUCK ➴
➴ twenty: A FIRST DATE ➴
➴ twenty-one: THE PERFECT SUMMER ➴
➴ twenty-two: DISASTER ZONE ➴
➴ twenty-three: GOING, GOING, GONE. ➴
➴ twenty-four: TIME FLIES ➴
➴ twenty-five: WHITE AS SNOW, RED AS BLOOD ➴
➴ twenty-six: FOR THE HELL OF IT ➴
➴ twenty-seven: I LOVE YOU ➴
➴ twenty-eight: HOWLIN' FOR YOU ➴
➴ twenty-nine: SOULMATES ➴
➴ thirty: AS NORMAL AS IT GETS ➴
➴ thirty-one: STONE COLD➴
➴ thirty-two: THE TRUTH FINALLY ➴
➴ thirty-four: LIAR, LIAR PANTS ON FIRE ➴
➴ thirty-five: LEAP OF FAITH ➴
➴ thirty-six: BIRDS OF PREY ➴
↝ PART THREE: the dark side of the moon ↜
➴ thirty-seven: FIGHT LIKE A GIRL ➴
➴ thirty-eight: ANNIVERSARY ➴
➴ thirty-nine: LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT ➴
➴ forty: VISIONS ➴
➴ forty-one: HAVIN' FUN IN THE SUN ➴
➴ forty-two: OUR LAND ➴
➴ forty-three: THE HANG OF IT ➴
➴ forty-four: SEEING RED ➴
➴ forty-five: IT'S TIME ➴
➴ forty-six: ONCE UPON A MIDNIGHT ➴
➴ forty-seven: FIGHT AND FLIGHT ➴
➴ forty-eight: I DARE YOU ➴
➴ forty-nine: DEATH WISH ➴
➴ fifty: THIS SUMMER ➴
➴ fifty-one: WHAT'S TO COME ➴
↝ PART FOUR: a new dawn ↜
➴ fifty-two: WEDDING BELLS ➴
➴ fifty-three: SOMETHING UNEXPECTED ➴
➴ fifty-four: SECRETS ➴
➴ fifty-five: BUMPS ➴
➴ fifty-six: THE COLD CHILDREN ➴
➴ fifty-seven: FAMILY ➴
➴ fifty-eight: BLOOD ➴
➴ fifty-nine: REBIRTH ➴
➴ sixty: ANGEL OF DEATH ➴
➴ sixty-one: GROWTH➴
➴ sixty-two: NEWBORN➴
➴ sixty-three: GROWING PAINS➴
➴ sixty-four: THE FUTURE➴
➴ sixty-five: MOVING ON➴
↝ EPILOGUE: not another happy ending ↜

➴ thirty-three: THE SMELL OF DIRT AFTER RAIN ➴

5.1K 184 10
By Justeen_96

〖 chapter xxxiii: THE SMELL OF DIRT AFTER RAIN〗

After apologizing immensely to everyone in attendance, Wysteria said quick goodbyes to Bella, Jacob and everyone else before rushing with her mother and grandmother to their car. The ride home was silent, everyone sitting in their wet clothes with worry and concern. It was only after Wysteria calmed down and the rain stopped that her mother broke down and cried in the driveway of their house. "Mom, it's okay." Wysteria said softly.

"It's not. I knew I shouldn't have brought you home. I knew it but I missed you baby and I thought that maybe everything that happened all those years ago was just something I had imagined to cope with the lose of you and your father. I should have known better. I'm your mother I should have just left this place for you."

"Mom, I'm glad I came back." Wysteria said, rubbing her shoulder. "I'm happy here and I know this is scary but... I can learn to control this. I can learn to use these powers to protect people."

"But we still don't know what your father heard. What was so terrible that it drove him to divorce me and take you away?" Her mother cried out Wysteria didn't have an answer for that. Wysteria and her grandmother took her mother inside. Where she continued to apologize to Wysteria, calling herself  a bad mother.

"You're the best mom ever. I love you okay." Wysteria said. Her mother cried harder while they hugged. Eventually, she was able to calm down long enough to take a shower and head off to bed. Wysteria's grandmother sighed as she kissed her granddaughters forehead.

"Everything will be alright little bird." She said softly. "I know those boys aren't like you but I hope they'll be able to help you learn control." Wysteria nodded.

"Thanks grandma. I know they'll be a great help." Wysteria said before swallowing hard and remembering how Alice had said that the reason she told her they were vampires was so she wouldn't feel alone in this moment. Where were the Cullen's now though? Certainly not here.

Her grandmother hugged her goodbye and Wysteria walked her out to the porch, waving goodbye as her grandma got in her car and drove off. With a sigh, Wysteria headed back inside to shower and peel her, once again, wet clothes off her body. She let the hot water run over her skin and through her hair, trying to imagine what it would be like to control the weather like some kind of God. What she was most worried about though, was accidentally hurting someone she loved, turning them to stone without realizing she was going to do it. That's the thought that scared her. Wysteria slowly ran a brush through her hair as she blow dried it, unable to stop thinking about Alice and how she had done this for her once a long time ago.

When her hair was finally dry, Wysteria sighed and went to dump her clothes into her hamper. She paused by her dresser and round her her dad's flag. She decided she should go visit his gravesite tomorrow. She had just been a couple of days ago but... It was time to go back. She had some stuff to rant about.

Wysteria grabbed up the glass on her nightstand, deciding to get some water before she went to bed. As she entered the living room she was startled to see a large dark shape standing by the corner. Wysteria cautiously reached for the light switch and sighed in relief when she saw Jacob. He wasn't wearing a shirt again for some reason and he was smiling at her. "Can you not fucking scare me like that?" Wysteria demanded, setting her glass down on the kitchen counter before walking towards her boyfriend. He wrapped her up in a hug.

"Sorry, just had to see if you were okay. Your backdoor was unlocked."

"Well don't just come barging into my house when.." Jacob cut her off with a kiss, his hands gripping her hips tightly. Wysteria didn't know what to do with her hands. Why wasn't he wearing a shirt again? Was she allowed to touch her boyfriend while he was like this? Then Wysteria felt a little stupid for thinking this. Why wouldn't it be allowed? He's her boyfriend.

"I'm sorry." Jacob murmured against her lips, kissing her again softly. Wysteria rolled her eyes and slowly let go of you.

"Why aren't you wearing a shirt again?" Jacob grinned.

"I'm supposed to go out on patrol soon. Didn't see the point in wearing it over here. I'll shift out in the woods when I leave." Wysteria sighed.

"Well, you didn't have to come over here. I'm fine." Jacob looked at her with worry filled eyes though and pulled on her hands lightly, leading her to the couch so they could sit down.

"Really? You just learned you're a descendant of the mythical Thunderbird and you're fine?" Wysteria nodded.

"At least I know I'm not crazy. I think my mother is taking it harder than I am so I'm trying not to freak out too much for her sake."

"Well you can freak out for me if you want." Jacob said softly. "It's pretty scary." But Wysteria didn't really think so. To her it just felt... Right. Everything felt like it made sense now. 

"I'm fine Jacob, honestly." Jacob pursed his lips and to get him to stop looking so sad, Wysteria leaned in and kissed him. Jacob kissed her back readily. It was slow at first but Wysteria could feel the tension around them building. It was that same feeling she got when she kissed Jacob after telling him she loved him. Before Wysteria knew what she was doing, she found herself sitting down on Jacob's lap, her hands in his hair and his hands on her hips. He seemed to be restraining himself from touching her too much. "Come to my room." Wysterisa said, pulling back. Jacob stared at her bewildered.

"Wh-what?" He stammered out, blushing red.

"Not... Not like that I just... I mean you're warm and I'm tired and I want to fall asleep next to my boyfriend again, please." Wysteria begged. Jacob cringed slightly.

"I want to Little red but Sam..."

"Tell him you're preoccupied." Jacob blushed harder. "Tell him I asked, please. I just want you to be with me tonight." Jacob sighed and leaned back slightly, staring off into the distance. It looked like he was thinking. A surprised look slowly crossed his face and he looked back at Wysteria.

"He said it's fine. He doesn't think Embry and I should be on patrol together anyways." Wysteria smiled broadly.

"Tell him I said thanks." She said kissing Jacob's cheek.

"He already knows." Jacob shook his head lightly. "I can't believe he's being nice to you."

"Sam's a nice guy." Wysteria said, slowly standing up and holding her hand out for Jacob. Jacob took her hand with a large smile. "I would say put on a shirt but... I don't think I have something that will fit you." Jacob snickered. 

"I'll be fine little red." He said as they entered her room. Wysteria closed the door softly, hoping her mother wouldn't flip when she saw the two of them together in the morning. Sometimes, when Wysteria doesn't wake up to her alarm, her mother will come in and wake her at a decent enough time. She had been pretty calm and collected the last time she found Jacob in their house shirtless. Wysteria hoped her mother would see the innocence in them just sleeping next to one another.

With Jacob in her room and the door closed though, Wysteria felt jittery. Her heart was racing in her chest as Jacob sat on the edge of her bed, watching her. Wysteria touched the case for her father's flag gingerly. The glass had been freshly cleaned and the wood smelled like polish. Wysteria sighed. "Will you run away with me Jacob?" Wysteria asked, finally looking at him. Jacob didn't even hesitate.

"Yes." Wysteria smiled and came to stand in front of him. Jacob took one of her hands immediately. 

"Really?"

"I'd do anything for you."

"You don't even know why I want to leave though." Jacob shrugged.

"I don't need a reason." Wysteria sighed.

"Well I'll tell you anyways." He smiled softly. "I just... I think it would be best if... If I can't learn to control this... That we leave together. We can do it after high school. We could go to college out of state somewhere or maybe just Seattle but... I think it would be better if we were somewhere with a lot of open space, seeing as how you're a wolf and all." Jacob smiled. 

"Whatever you want to do, wherever you want to go, I'll follow you." Wysteria leaned in and pressed her forehead against his. 

"What about your dad? My mom? I don't think we could convince them to come with us." Wysteria said. Jacob shrugged.

"My dad will be fine. He always is." Jacob said as Wysteria pulled back to look him in the eyes. "I don't think you'll have any trouble controlling this though Wysteria. You're strong, and smart, and..."

"Okay, okay I get it. You don't need to list all my amazing qualities." Wysteria said, half rolling her eyes. Jacob chuckled. 

"I only listed two."

"Yeah but knowing you, you could go on for days." Jacob smirked.

"I could." Wysteria kissed him sweetly and tugged on his hand. 

"Come on, I'm tired." She said softly. Jacob nodded and let go of her momentarily so he could kick off his shoes and move farther up her bed. Wysteria debated getting under the covers but then just figured that Jacob would keep her warm enough. Even though Wysteria had suggested they fall asleep next to each other again, she wasn't exactly sure what to do. Jacob was already stretching out next to her, getting comfortable. She really wished he was wearing a shirt right now. Jacob glanced up at Wysteria and smirked, as if he knew what she was thinking. Wysteria tried not to blush. 

"What?"

"Nothing. Just thinking about how... Before, you would have been super awkward about this." Jacob smiled as Wysteria flopped onto her back next to him, turning off the lamp on the nightstand as she did. "You were a geek back then." Jacob laughed in the darkness.

"Come here." He said softly. Wysteria glanced over at him. He was lying on his side now, staring at her. Wysteria swallowed hard and slid into the space next to him. Jacob wrapped one arm around her waist and pulled her against his chest. Wysteria felt like she was holding her breath as Jacob kissed her hair. "I love you little red."

"You're gonna get tired of saying that one day." Wysteria whispered to him.

"Never." Jacob said. 

A/N: UMMMMMMM. who let the weekend almost pass without reminding me to post??????? I've been so caught up writing for my new twilight fanfic (lol) that I completely forgot to update this one.... Guess you're getting to updates right now!!!! lol just gotta do a last edit check and then the next chapter will go up. 

Also, if anyone is curious, the word for the smell of dirt after rain is petrichor. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.7K 4.2K 84
☄︎ ⋆·˚ ⋆ *. ⇒ 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐅𝐓 ✧✧✧ "What did you see?" "I'm not sure" Alice replied, "do you know anyone c...
111K 2.4K 12
"BECAUSE IM DONE, IM SO DONE! I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE, I WON'T! BECAUSE YOU'RE SO SELFISH, PAUL LAHOTE, YOU'RE A SHITTY PERSON AND I DON'T DESERVE T...
4.9K 210 11
When Bella returned to Forks, I expected my life to be turned upside down, but what I didn't expect was for Edward Cullen to take a strange liking t...