Bad Moon Rising// Jacob Black

By Justeen_96

"Red? Little Red?" Wysteria hears the nickname and a memory jolts through her of a boy with a toothy grin and... More

BAD MOON RISING
↝ PART ONE: life sucks and then you die ↜
➴ one: MOVE OUT OF THE WAY THOR ➴
➴ two: WHEN LIGHTNING STRIKES ➴
➴ three: AN UNEXPECTED GUEST ➴
➴ four: ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY ➴
➴ five: BIRDY ➴
➴ six: JAYBIRD ➴
➴ seven: LITTLE RED ➴
➴ eight: THE COMING STORM ➴
➴ nine: IZZY BIRD ➴
➴ ten: A LITTLE PARTY ALMOST KILLED SOMEBODY ➴
➴ eleven: A FEVER YOU CAN'T SWEAT OUT ➴
➴ twelve: WRAITH ➴
➴ thirteen: CRASH COURSE ➴
➴ fourteen: COLD ONES ➴
➴ fifteen: I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE ➴
➴ sixteen: SEEING IS BELIEVING ➴
➴ seventeen: LIGHTNING ROD ➴
➴ eighteen: PEACHES ➴
↝ PART TWO: there's a bad moon on the rise ↜
➴ nineteen: JUST DUMB LUCK ➴
➴ twenty: A FIRST DATE ➴
➴ twenty-one: THE PERFECT SUMMER ➴
➴ twenty-two: DISASTER ZONE ➴
➴ twenty-three: GOING, GOING, GONE. ➴
➴ twenty-four: TIME FLIES ➴
➴ twenty-five: WHITE AS SNOW, RED AS BLOOD ➴
➴ twenty-six: FOR THE HELL OF IT ➴
➴ twenty-seven: I LOVE YOU ➴
➴ twenty-eight: HOWLIN' FOR YOU ➴
➴ twenty-nine: SOULMATES ➴
➴ thirty-one: STONE COLD➴
➴ thirty-two: THE TRUTH FINALLY ➴
➴ thirty-three: THE SMELL OF DIRT AFTER RAIN ➴
➴ thirty-four: LIAR, LIAR PANTS ON FIRE ➴
➴ thirty-five: LEAP OF FAITH ➴
➴ thirty-six: BIRDS OF PREY ➴
↝ PART THREE: the dark side of the moon ↜
➴ thirty-seven: FIGHT LIKE A GIRL ➴
➴ thirty-eight: ANNIVERSARY ➴
➴ thirty-nine: LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT ➴
➴ forty: VISIONS ➴
➴ forty-one: HAVIN' FUN IN THE SUN ➴
➴ forty-two: OUR LAND ➴
➴ forty-three: THE HANG OF IT ➴
➴ forty-four: SEEING RED ➴
➴ forty-five: IT'S TIME ➴
➴ forty-six: ONCE UPON A MIDNIGHT ➴
➴ forty-seven: FIGHT AND FLIGHT ➴
➴ forty-eight: I DARE YOU ➴
➴ forty-nine: DEATH WISH ➴
➴ fifty: THIS SUMMER ➴
➴ fifty-one: WHAT'S TO COME ➴
↝ PART FOUR: a new dawn ↜
➴ fifty-two: WEDDING BELLS ➴
➴ fifty-three: SOMETHING UNEXPECTED ➴
➴ fifty-four: SECRETS ➴
➴ fifty-five: BUMPS ➴
➴ fifty-six: THE COLD CHILDREN ➴
➴ fifty-seven: FAMILY ➴
➴ fifty-eight: BLOOD ➴
➴ fifty-nine: REBIRTH ➴
➴ sixty: ANGEL OF DEATH ➴
➴ sixty-one: GROWTH➴
➴ sixty-two: NEWBORN➴
➴ sixty-three: GROWING PAINS➴
➴ sixty-four: THE FUTURE➴
➴ sixty-five: MOVING ON➴
↝ EPILOGUE: not another happy ending ↜

➴ thirty: AS NORMAL AS IT GETS ➴

5.7K 183 27
By Justeen_96

〖 chapter xxx: AS NORMAL AS IT GETS〗

Jacob was out on Wysteria's porch again, fully clothed this time but it was still the middle of the night. Wysteria rubbed at her eyes sleepily. "I hate you." She grumbled. Jacob grinned.

"Love you too." He murmured, stepping into her living room and kissing her quickly. Wysteria yawned as he pulled back and Jacob laughed.

"I'm tired." Wysteria whined. "Can't we talk tomorrow?"

"I just wanted to see you." Wysteria gestured to herself.

"You see me, goodbye." she said, pushing on his chest slightly to get him to walk back out the sliding glass door. Jacob didn't even budge though.

"That won't work."

"What? Are you suddenly the immovable object to my unstoppable force? I used to be able to get you to do anything for me." Jacob laughed. "You were fucking whipped."

"Still am." Jacob said with a shrug. Wysteria blushed a little and with a sigh, closed the sliding glass door. "Did I mention it physically pains me to be away from you?" Wysteria gave him a funny look as they sat on the couch together.

"Like in a lovey dovey I can't get enough of you way or is it an imprinty, wolfy thing?" Jacob smirked and put his arm around her.

"Both. I saw you like six hours ago but even that felt like an eternity. I was worried about you."

"Emily must have told you I got home alright." Jacob nodded.

"Wasn't good enough for me. I had to see you for myself." Wysteria yawned again and laid her head against his chest. "Did your mom see anything that happened today? Did she ask you about it?" Wysteria pursed her lips. That had been the weird thing. Her mother barely spoke to her when she returned. Dinner had been a completely silent affair. that hadn't happened since the fist time they had dinner together after her father's funeral.

"She didn't talk to me. She could barely look at me but... I think she knows what's happening." Wysteria said softly. Jacob was so warm it was making her even sleepier. "We should get up, I'm tired and I should go sleep. It's been a long day." Wysteria said, though she didn't even try to get up and go to her room.

"Just go to sleep." Jacob said softly.

"If my mom walks out here in the morning and sees us..." Jacob kissed her forehead.

"Your mom loves me."

"Everybody loves you." Wysteria murmured, her eyes closing. "You're... Amazing."

Wysteria didn't remember falling asleep. The next thing she knew she could hear the water running in her mom's room. Wysteria sat up slowly. Jacob's arm was still around her and her neck felt a little sore from laying against him all night. Jacob on the other hand looked completely comfortable, his head lolled to the side on the back of the couch cushions. He was snoring lightly. "Jacob." Wysteria whispered. She poked him in the ribs but he didn't stir. Wysteria sighed. "Jacob." She whispered harshly. He woke with a jump and stared at her confused. "Hi cutie." He grinned and kissed her forehead.

"Hey beautiful."

"Leave." Jacob snorted.

"What?"

"You want my mom to see you? I'll see you in literally like two hours. That won't kill you, right?" Jacob seemed to weigh the idea. Wysteria rolled her eyes. "It won't kill you wolfboy. Get up." She said, pulling on his hand. The two of them stood and Wysteria had to practically push him back outside.

"It's cold." Jacob complained.

"You have a temperature of like 110 shut up." Wysteria said. Jacob laughed, kissed her quickly and then jogged back to his house across the way. Wysteria closed the sliding door with a sigh and then quickly made her way back to her room where she began to change for the coming day.

‧͙⁺˚* »« ☾༓* ˚⁺‧͙

"There you are." Quil said behind Wysteria. Holy shit. Quil. Wysteria turned to smile at him. "You were late to school. Is your mom allowed to do that?" Wysteria shrugged.

"Don't think so." Quil laughed.

"Have you heard from Jacob yet? The asshole still isn't answering any of my..." Wysteria could see Jacob in the distance, coming towards them. Wysteria had meant to talk to him and Embry or perhaps... Yell at them. What was with the whole, don't talk to your best friends after you've shifted, thing? It was stupid. Just because they were... different now shouldn't mean that they cut themselves off from all their friends.

"Speak of the devil." Wysteria said with a smile, cutting Quil off. Quil turned to look and took a step back, probably surprised by the very noticeable difference in Jacob. In fact, a lot of people seemed to be turning to look at him. More importantly Wysteria noticed, was that girls were staring at him and actually checking him out. That had never happened before, not that Wysteria could remember. Jacob always looked like, to Wysteria, a dumb, nerdy boy with long hair and a stupid grin. Now he was like.. Every girls ideal man.

"Hey guys." Jacob said, easily putting his arm around Wysteria and kissing the top of her head. Wysteria caught his eye and tried to convey a message to him. Something along the lines of, you and Embry need to talk to Quil. She wasn't sure if Jacob received the message or not though. Quil was quiet.

"What's with the stupid haircut?" Jacob laughed.

"You don't like it? Wysteria thinks I look hot." Wysteria blushed red.

"Oh shut up!" Wysteria said as Jacob laughed. She shook her head and turned to Quil. "Billy finally let me see him this weekend and I basically threatened to break up with him if he didn't get better and come back to school." Wysteria was surprised by how easily the lie came out of her. Quil was still eyeing them both a little funny though.

"And it worked?"

"Obviously." Wysteria said with a shrug. Quil licked his lips and then slowly started to smile.

"Did you also tell him to cut his hair or you would break up with him?" Wysteria shook her head.

"I loved his long hair and he should grow it back." Wysteria said, elbowing her boyfriend.

"It's easier to handle like this. I don't know what I was doing before." Jacob said with a shake of his head. Wysteria pouted and Jacob rubbed her arm lightly. The bell rang overhead.

"Well... See you both at lunch then?" Quil said with a hopeful smile. Jacob nodded.

"See you there dude." Quil walked away looking a little happier than he had the past two weeks. Wysteria sighed in relief.

"You're not going to cut him out?" Jacob shook his head.

"I talked to Embry and Sam about how horrible that shit is and we all agreed that we shouldn't do that. Quil is supposed to join us eventually anyways." Wysteria was surprised by this.

"What?" Jacob shrugged which wasn't helpful. "Can everybody shift?" Jacob shook his head.

"Not everybody can and as far as we know... No girl has ever shifted before." Wysteria frowned.

"Sounds sexist." Jacob laughed.

"Come on, let's go to class."

‧͙⁺˚* »« ☾༓* ˚⁺‧͙

Jacob and Wysteria were sitting at their usual lunch table and Jacob was sitting so close to Wysteria that he was making her uncomfortably warm. She pulled her sweater up over her head, leaving her in jeans and a black tank top. "Are you always going to be this suffocating?" Wysteria asked him.

"Sorry." Jacob said with a sheepish grin. "Our internal body temperature is really high.

"No kidding." Wysteria grumbled. Jacob bumped her shoulder lightly as she shook her head. Quil approached them with his tray of stale pizza and limp salad but he couldn't have looked happier.

"So, are we going to shame Jacob into growing his hair out again? Seriously dude, you look weird." Jacob snickered as Wysteria chewed on her sandwich. Jacob had told her he cut his hair because to keep it long in his human form would mean that his fur as a wolf would be just as shaggy and long. Everybody had to crop their hair if they didn't want to trip over it while they were running.

"Like I keep saying, no matter how much Wysteria complains, she thinks I look hot." Jacob said looking over at her. Wysteria rolled her eyes but didn't argue.

"Well doesn't my opinion matter?" Quil demanded. "I think you look like a douchebag like those fucking..." Quil stopped talking and Wysteria arched an eyebrow at him. Quil was staring at something behind them. When Wysteria turned, Embry was standing behind them looking sheepish.

"Can I sit with you guys?" The silence stretched between the four friends for what seemed like... Hours. Quil cleared his throat and looked down at the table.

"Depends..." Wysteria held her breath. "Are you no longer an asshole?"

"I was always an asshole dude." Wysteria could tell that Quil was trying not to smile. Slowly, Quil gestured for Embry to sit next to him. Discreetly, Wysteria turned to look at the wolf pack. Sam nodded at her lightly. She smiled and turned back to her friends, looping her arm through Jacob's and leaning against him. Jacob smiled.

"The three stooges." Wysteria said when nobody spoke. "Back together again."

"Three stooges?" Quil asked.

"A pale face TV Show. It was about these three idiots who get into trouble a lot and pull a lot of dumb pranks."

"We're not idiots." Quil and Embry said at the same time before they launched into an argument about how they weren't an idiot but the other one was. Wysteria shook her head at them.

"Have you talked to Bella yet?" Jacob asked lightly. Wysteria shook her head.

"I texted her saying that we were talking again but that I wanted to tell her more in person about all of it. I told her I would go see her later this afternoon." Jacob nodded.

"Want me to take you?"

"No... I'm going to have my mom take me. I wake to talk to her about... All of this." Jacob pursed her lips. "I just want to know why she hid it all from me. I mean... I get it, I barely know her. I'm barely..."

"You're not barely her daughter Wysteria." Jacob said, reading her thoughts. "You are her daughter. She just wanted to protect you." Wysteria frowned.

"Well, instead of everyone trying to protect me, I need people to be honest with me." Jacob kissed her forehead.

"Alright, complete honesty from now on." Wysteria smiled at him happily.

"Hey, lovebirds. You two make me sick." Quil said. Wysteria laughed looking over at Embry and Quil. Everything almost felt... Normal right now. As normal as two werewolves, a human and... Whatever Wysteria was, could get that is.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

507K 10.1K 49
~Carlisle Cullen love story~ Sophie swan daughter of Charlie swan and Renee.. sister of Bella swan. Sophie see's the world as black and white.. but s...
314K 7.8K 58
~ REGULAR UPDATES ~ Y/n Swan has always had trouble controlling her anger so much so she often made stupid reckless decisions that resulted in her of...
29.3K 691 60
(My grammar is terrible and I know there are words I seem to repeat so sorry in advance. Thank you and enjoy reading) The two girls went to the dinin...
1.7K 4 40
Venus White had just moved to Forks Washington during the last few weeks of Summer vacation a few years after he father had left both her and her mot...