Bad Moon Rising// Jacob Black

Af Justeen_96

"Red? Little Red?" Wysteria hears the nickname and a memory jolts through her of a boy with a toothy grin and... Mere

BAD MOON RISING
↝ PART ONE: life sucks and then you die ↜
➴ one: MOVE OUT OF THE WAY THOR ➴
➴ two: WHEN LIGHTNING STRIKES ➴
➴ three: AN UNEXPECTED GUEST ➴
➴ four: ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY ➴
➴ five: BIRDY ➴
➴ six: JAYBIRD ➴
➴ seven: LITTLE RED ➴
➴ eight: THE COMING STORM ➴
➴ nine: IZZY BIRD ➴
➴ ten: A LITTLE PARTY ALMOST KILLED SOMEBODY ➴
➴ eleven: A FEVER YOU CAN'T SWEAT OUT ➴
➴ twelve: WRAITH ➴
➴ thirteen: CRASH COURSE ➴
➴ fourteen: COLD ONES ➴
➴ fifteen: I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE ➴
➴ sixteen: SEEING IS BELIEVING ➴
➴ seventeen: LIGHTNING ROD ➴
➴ eighteen: PEACHES ➴
↝ PART TWO: there's a bad moon on the rise ↜
➴ nineteen: JUST DUMB LUCK ➴
➴ twenty: A FIRST DATE ➴
➴ twenty-one: THE PERFECT SUMMER ➴
➴ twenty-two: DISASTER ZONE ➴
➴ twenty-three: GOING, GOING, GONE. ➴
➴ twenty-four: TIME FLIES ➴
➴ twenty-five: WHITE AS SNOW, RED AS BLOOD ➴
➴ twenty-six: FOR THE HELL OF IT ➴
➴ twenty-seven: I LOVE YOU ➴
➴ twenty-eight: HOWLIN' FOR YOU ➴
➴ thirty: AS NORMAL AS IT GETS ➴
➴ thirty-one: STONE COLD➴
➴ thirty-two: THE TRUTH FINALLY ➴
➴ thirty-three: THE SMELL OF DIRT AFTER RAIN ➴
➴ thirty-four: LIAR, LIAR PANTS ON FIRE ➴
➴ thirty-five: LEAP OF FAITH ➴
➴ thirty-six: BIRDS OF PREY ➴
↝ PART THREE: the dark side of the moon ↜
➴ thirty-seven: FIGHT LIKE A GIRL ➴
➴ thirty-eight: ANNIVERSARY ➴
➴ thirty-nine: LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT ➴
➴ forty: VISIONS ➴
➴ forty-one: HAVIN' FUN IN THE SUN ➴
➴ forty-two: OUR LAND ➴
➴ forty-three: THE HANG OF IT ➴
➴ forty-four: SEEING RED ➴
➴ forty-five: IT'S TIME ➴
➴ forty-six: ONCE UPON A MIDNIGHT ➴
➴ forty-seven: FIGHT AND FLIGHT ➴
➴ forty-eight: I DARE YOU ➴
➴ forty-nine: DEATH WISH ➴
➴ fifty: THIS SUMMER ➴
➴ fifty-one: WHAT'S TO COME ➴
↝ PART FOUR: a new dawn ↜
➴ fifty-two: WEDDING BELLS ➴
➴ fifty-three: SOMETHING UNEXPECTED ➴
➴ fifty-four: SECRETS ➴
➴ fifty-five: BUMPS ➴
➴ fifty-six: THE COLD CHILDREN ➴
➴ fifty-seven: FAMILY ➴
➴ fifty-eight: BLOOD ➴
➴ fifty-nine: REBIRTH ➴
➴ sixty: ANGEL OF DEATH ➴
➴ sixty-one: GROWTH➴
➴ sixty-two: NEWBORN➴
➴ sixty-three: GROWING PAINS➴
➴ sixty-four: THE FUTURE➴
➴ sixty-five: MOVING ON➴
↝ EPILOGUE: not another happy ending ↜

➴ twenty-nine: SOULMATES ➴

6.4K 196 40
Af Justeen_96

〖 chapter xxix: SOULMATES〗

Wysteria took a deep breath as she and Jacob strolled through the woods outside of Emily's house. They hadn't said anything for close to five minutes now. Wysteria was waiting for Jacob to say something. Anything. When the five minutes were up, Wysteria couldn't take it any longer. "So what's this important thing you have to tell me?" Jacob looked over at her, running his free hand through his short hair.

"I love you." He said with a goofy grin. Wysteria rolled her eyes.

"That's the important thing. What about the whole, I can turn into a wolf thing Jacob." Jacob laughed and paused so he could look at her properly. Wysteria sighed.

"You are the most important thing in the world to me." Wysteria blushed red and looked away from his shining brown eyes.

"Shut up. Tell me about the shapeshifting." Jacob snickered as they started to walk again.

"Okay. It pertains to the important thing anyways." Wysteria shook her head at him and said nothing. She wouldn't say anything until he explained himself. Jacob took a deep breath. "Those stories we grew up on about Cold One's and the Spirit Warriors, they're not stories." Wysteria wanted to say, no shit Sherlock, but she kept her mouth shut. "You told Bella those stories about our people on the beach but... you got part of it wrong. The Spirit Warriors couldn't communicate with wolves, they could shift into them. The Spirits bonded the people of our tribe with wolves to make them stronger so they could fight against the Cold One's that were killing members of the tribe." Wysteria froze up. The Cold One's. The Cullen's.

"So you know that..." Jacob's expression darkened, as if he knew what she was going to say. He scoffed.

"I can't believe I let you talk me into hanging out with those god damn blood suckers."

"Jacob." Wysteria said with a frown. She may sort of hate Edward at the moment and the rest of the Cullen's for leaving without saying anything but she still missed them and hoped to one day see them again.

"What? They've killed our people Wysteria. They've killed others. Why should I be kind to them just because you were friends with them."

"They don't kill humans Jacob. The Cullens hunt animals." Jacob scowled.

"How did you even find out about them? Did they tell you."

"Yes. Bella knows too." Jacob scoffed. "She dated Edward. You think he wouldn't tell her?" Jacobs jaw tightened and he shook his head.

"Whatever... they're not important. They're the ones who did this to us anyways." Jacob grumbled. Wysteria arched an eyebrow at him.

"What?"

"For a couple generations... The Quileute tribe hasn't had to have any shifters around because there hasn't been any Cold One's around. When the Cullen's moved back it forced Sam to shift and then the rest of us followed. The more vamps the more our genes felt the need to protect the tribe." Wysteria frowned. All those wolves from her dreams... how many were in the house right now? Five. There was six now including Jacob.

"This is why my dad didn't want me here." Wysteria said suddenly. "He believed those legends. He believed that the Cullen's would come back right? And that I would be in danger." Jacob pursed his lips.

"There's that reason, yes." Jacob wasn't telling her something.

"Jay..."

"Sam says we should wait to tell you... The rest. He thinks it would be best if your mom was there, your grandma." Wysteria arched an eyebrow at him.

"My mom knows about you guys?" Jacob nodded solemnly. "Wait... My grandma?" Jacob bit his lip.

"It's better if we wait." Jacob reiterated. Wysteira scoffed.

"Do you always do what Sam says?"

"We kind of have to, he's the Alpha." Wysteria snorted. "What?"

"Nothing just... I don't know why I didn't realize that sooner." Wysteria stated to laugh. "You should have heard what I said to Paul." Jacob smirked.

"I did. The boys talked about everything in the car ride right?" Wysteria looked at Jacob with surprise. "It's a wolf thing. We can hear each others thoughts. It's easier in wolf form but sometimes they're so loud." Jacob rubbed his temples lightly. "I can hear them right now."

"Tell them to shut up." Wysteria laughed as Jacob smiled at her.

"I do but they're like... Teasing me." Jacob shrugged.

"Because I'm here?" Jacob nodded, smiling.

"That's the important thing I have to tell you. It's another wolf thing."

"Alright, so tell me." Jacob licked his lips and turned to face her again, taking both her hands.

"I'm really sorry I avoided you for two weeks Wysteria but... You saw Emily. She's Sam's soulmate and... He hurt her. He warned me to stay away from you because the shift can be triggered pretty easily if you don't have control over it." Wysteira nodded slowly.

"Emily told me about it, yeah." She said softly.

"I didn't want to hurt you but I hurt you anyways by staying away."

"Embry said you have pretty good control." Jacob shrugged.

"Maybe but I didn't want to risk it and... There was another reason I was worried to see you." Jacob was staring at her so intensely Wysteria felt nervous. "The important thing I'm trying to tell you is that... I imprinted on you Wysteria. You're my soulmate." Imprinted. It sounded so... intimate. And a little gross honestly. Wysteria blushed red.

"Wh-what?" She asked. Jacob smiled and stepped closer to her.

"It's a wolf thing. It means that I'll never love anyone else. I'll never look at anyone else. You're the only girl for me in the whole damn world."

"I wasn't before?" Wysteria asked as a joke.

"You were little red, you were but now it's... It's set in stone okay? I'll never love anyone but you."

"What... When did it happen?"

"That day in the rain when you were yelling at me. It happened the moment I turned to look at you."

"When you looked at me?" Jacob nodded. "I was a mess though." Jacob smiled. 

"You looked beautiful."

"What did it feel? How do you know?" Jacob thought for a moment.

"It felt like... Like the whole world stopped. You became my world. You're everything to me." Wysteria frowned. How could Jacob be sure? What if that's just what he wanted? "Sam felt the same way when he looked at Emily. He felt it the moment I imprinted on you. That's why he came over. He knew I wouldn't hesitate to tell you everything, do anything to make you happy."

"Oh my god..." Sam imprinted on Emily. Their encounter in the hallway suddenly made so much sense... Poor Leah. Jacob saw the look that crossed her face and frowned.

"That's why I was afraid to see you Wysteira." Jacob said softly. "I was worried that if I didn't imprint on you then... We would have to go through exactly what Sam, Leah and Emily are going through." Wysteria threw her arms around Jacob's neck in a hug.

"If I lost you..." Wysteria whispered. She didn't even know how to finish that sentence. What would she have done if she lost Jacob? This conversation they were having would be so much different if Jacob hadn't imprinted on her when he turned around.

"I know, I know. I love you so much Wysteria. I couldn't...  I didn't want to face a reality where we weren't together."

"But you're mine right?" Wysteria asked, pulling back slightly. "Forever."

"Forever." Jacob confirmed. He leaned in and kissed her and Wysteria kissed him back happily. Jacob was her first boyfriend. Her first kiss. He was going to be her first everything. Her everything. She could feel the warmth of Jacob's hands through the jacket and shirt she was wearing and wondered if he would always feel like this, warm and strong. Jacob pulled back and was cringing a little.

"What?" Wysteria asked, kissing his cheek lightly.

"God they're so annoying." Jacob grumbled rubbing at his forehead. Wysteria laughed, running on hand through his hair lightly.

"Well are your thoughts outrageously loud right now?" Jacob blushed slightly.

"Maybe." Wysteria laughed and hugged him again. Jacob picked her up and swung her around and Wysteria yelped.

"Hey! Stop!" Wysteria said with a laugh. Jacob stopped spinning her and kissed her forehead lightly. "Hey, I have a question." Wysteria said, straightening up her shirt and brushing back her hair. Jacob nodded.

"Shoot, I have nothing to hide."

"Well I don't even know if you would know the answer but... Is there... Is there a reason it was me you imprinted on? Why Sam and Emily? What if it had happened between one of the other boys and I? What..."

"Please don't." Jacob begged. Wysteria snickered. 

"What Jay?"

"Don't make me think about you being with someone else. That physically pains me." Wysteria laughed and stepped closer to him. 

"I'm sorry Jay I'm just confused. How does the imprint work?" Jacob took a deep breath and ran one hand through his hair.

"What I've gathered from Sam and the other Elders is that... They think we Imprint on people who would..." Jacob started to blush. "Like if our bloodlines mixed and we had..." Jacob paused again and Wysteria arched an eyebrow, getting the gist of what he was saying.

"So what you're saying is that the Imprint is a thing because the Spirits want us to create stronger offspring." Jacob groaned and threw his hands up lightly.

"It sounds weird but yes... I guess... Technically." Wysteria laughed at Jacob as he ran his hands down his face in exasperation. "I'm sorry. It's weird."

"Yeah, when you said imprint my first thought was, gross." Jacob huffed as Wysteria laughed. 

"Do you have any questions about anything else?" Jacob said, switching the topic. Wysteria thought for a moment.

"Yes but... They're actually for Sam." Jacob frowned. "What? I just... There's something that's been bugging me for a really long time. He would know what I'm talking about. You won't."

"I'm your soulmate. I would know what you're talking about." Wysteria rolled her eyes.

"Come on, let's go back inside."

‧͙⁺˚* »« ☾༓* ˚⁺‧͙

Sam, the boys and Emily were still laughing and talking in the dining room when Wysteria and Jacob appeared. They all turned to look at the pair of them with large smiles. Wysteria leaned into Jacob a little more feeling slightly embarrassed. Jacob hadn't said what he had been thinking about her but... She could guess and she knew the rest of the boys had probably heard everything Jacob had been thinking.

"You have a question for me?" Sam asked, drawing Wysteria's attention. 

"I... Yeah. You told me earlier when I was saying that... None of this was a dream. That it's never been a dream and I just want to know like... When you were missing and..." Wysteria felt stupid for some reason. Sam smirked.

"I shifted over the summer. I was alone and confused and I ran into the forest to try to make sense of everything. I almost didn't come back." Emily looped her arm through Sam's. "The only reason I did was because I heard a voice calling me. Your voice."

"Mine?" Wysteria said confused. Sam nodded.

"Yes. I followed your voice home. You were wondering where I was. You were worried about me." Wsyteria frowned slightly. Her dreams had been... Loud but how could she have called out to Sam in her dreams? "I saw you in the woods and you didn't seem afraid of me and I remember thinking that was weird. I was a large, black wolf and you seemed to be trying to comfort me somehow."

"I thought I was dreaming... Especially when you shifted back." Sam nodded.

"Yeah, I know. You passed out. I had to carry you home to your mother."

"You did not." Wysteria said. "You were..." Naked. Wysteria didn't want to say it outloud but it was true. He didn't have any clothes on and he carried her home?

"I couldn't leave you there. I took you to Jacob's house first. I honestly can't believe neither of you woke up." Sam said, smirking. Jacob frowned.

"Billy knew what happened the moment he saw me. He gave me some clothes and came with me to explain to your mother what happened. We didn't have to say much. Your mother just nodded and told me to bring you inside." While Wysteria was confused why her mother would do that, not ask questions, Wysteria had a question of her own about a particularly snowy and scary dream. 

"What about... You and the wolves and the snow and... Victoria." When Wysteria said her name, it sent a growl through the whole pack.

"How do you even know that blood sucker? Are you friends with every vampire in a fifty mile radius?" Paul demanded. Wysteria frowned at him.

"I... I know her because Bella knows her. We think or... It's been our worry for a while that Victoria might come back to kill Bella."

"Why?" Sam asked, confused.

"Her mate, James, Edward killed him because he was going to kill Bella. You've been keeping her away right?" Wysteria asked, suddenly fearful for Bella now that she knew that she hadn't just been having bad dreams

"We chased her all the way to the Canadian border last night but she keeps coming back." Sam said. "We didn't know why until now."

"I have to warn Bella. We have to contact the Cullen's." Wysteria said, standing. Jacob tugged on her hand. He was scowling something awful in his seat.

"We can protect Bella. We don't need those vampires to come back here." Jacob said.

"But..." the werewolves started to glare at her. Wysteria pouted. "Fine. But I'm telling Bella that she's back and I'm telling her about all of this."

"No." Sam commanded. Wysteria glared at him.

"You're not the boss of me. I'm not some beta wolf of yours or whatever. You can't tell me what to do Sam." Thunder rumbled in the distance. Emily smiled.

"She's right Sam. Your alpha voice doesn't work on her." Alpha voice? Is that a thing? Sam frowned.

"Wysteria she's not one of us."

"What? So her life is in danger and she doesn't get to know?" Wysteria demanded. "Just like how you knew something was happening to me for months and didn't feel like I was ready to hear it?" Sam said nothing. "I thought I was crazy. I thought I was dreaming. I thought nobody would believe me if I told them."

"I would've believed you." Jacob said softly. Wysteria sighed.

"My point is, this involves Bella. Bella is one of my best friends and I'm going to tell her. Nobody else has to know. It doesn't concern anyone else. I'm not going to blab to the whole nation about what's happening here. Everyone would think I'm crazy anyways."

"That chick runs with vampires. You really want her to know about us?" Embry said.

"Have you met Bella? She's not a fast runner." Jacob chuckled, as did the rest of the pack.

"Bring her to the bonfire tomorrow night." Sam said suddenly. "If you're going to tell her... Then she might as well hear everything. If she doesn't believe you though..."

"She will. Bella's not going to dismiss any of this. I didn't dismiss her when she told me the Cullen's were vampires." Sam nodded.

"Alright, Emily could you drive Wysteria home please." Sam said, his expression softening as he looked at her.

"Of course." Emily said, kissing his cheek.

"The rest of us will discuss who is going to be watching Bella's house and when. We need to make sure Victoria doesn't hurt her or her family."

"Thank you Sam." Wysteria said, feeling Jacob kiss the back of her hand. Sam nodded and Wysteria looked down at her boyfriend. He was smiling at her lightly. "See you at school cutie." Wysteria said softly, kissing him quickly. "You are coming back right?"

"Yeah but... Can I see you tonight?"

"Maybe." The pack snickered and Jacob glared at them as Emily appeared with Wysteria's freshly dried clothes.

"You can take my stuff home and keep it if you want." Emily said with a shrug as the two girls walked back outside together.

"Shoes from a vampire, clothes from a werewolf's soulmate. Now I need to get hairstyling tips from..."

"The Bride of Frankenstein." Emily said. Wysteria and Emily laughed as they got into Emily's car.

A/N: I'm loosing track of my days!!! I completely forgot to post yesterday!!! Hope y'all enjoy the double update though haha

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

50.4K 1.1K 33
After the events of the newborn army, Bella and Rebecca were finally safe from harm. It was now time for Bella to get married to her beloved Edward...
16.3K 581 15
Mathias Swan has always existed in the periphery, a silent observer in the vibrant narrative of his sister Bella's life. Their bond is unbreakable, y...
4K 199 13
In the mist-shrouded town of Forks, Nancy Swan's life takes an unexpected turn when she relocates with her younger sister Bella. Amidst the perpetual...