Vamp Guards ✔️

By S_Faith

"Who are we? Well for starters, this is my prince, my heart, the love of my undead life." "And this is Kai, m... More

[•••]
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y-O N E
T W E N T Y-T W O
T W E N T Y-T H R E E
T W E N T Y-F O U R
T W E N T Y-F I V E
T W E N T Y-S I X
T W E N T Y-S E V E N
T W E N T Y-E I G H T
T W E N T Y-N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y-O N E
T H I R T Y-T W O
T H I R T Y-T H R E E
T H I R T Y-F O U R
T H I R T Y-F I V E
T H I R T Y-S I X
T H I R T Y-S E V E N
T H I R T Y-E I G H T
T H I R T Y-N I N E
F O R T Y
F O R T Y-O N E
F O R T Y-T W O
F O R T Y-T H R E E
F O R T Y-F O U R
F O R T Y-F I V E
F O R T Y-S I X
F O R T Y-S E V E N
F O R T Y-E I G H T
F O R T Y-N I N E
F I F T Y
F I F T Y-O N E
F I F T Y-T W O
F I F T Y-T H R E E
F I F T Y -F O U R
F I F T Y-F I V E
F I F T Y-S I X
F I F T Y-S E V E N
F I F T Y-E I G H T
S I X T Y
S I X T Y-O N E
S I X T Y-T W O
S I X T Y-T H R E E
S I X T Y-F O U R
S I X T Y-F I V E
S I X T Y-S I X
S I X T Y-S E V E N
S I X T Y-E I G H T
S I X T Y-N I N E
S E V E N T Y
S E V E N T Y-O N E
S E V E N T Y-T W O
S E V E N T Y-T H R E E
S E V E N T Y-F O U R
E P I L O G U E
Fun Facts

F I F T Y-N I N E

2.9K 153 46
By S_Faith

To shorten up his reluctance, Iris refused to let Kai even such as touch the case the dagger was in. When they began traveling back home, Iris kept it in his possession–his hands clasped around it like it was his life. The last thing they, mainly Iris, needed was for Kai to get injured and that's what Iris was trying to prevent.

Even if it was impossible because the dagger was confined in its case, Iris didn't want to take any chances.

The chilled weather of Vridora welcomed them as they passed the border. A mile in they were greeted by a guard who left his post to walk with them. Neither Iris or Kai said a word about the dagger. They ignored the slight stares and were grateful no one tried to ask about it. When the mansion came into view, they both glanced at each other and let out synchronized sighs. Sighs of relief and sighs that prepared them before they arrived home.

Iris escaped upstairs before Kai could say another word. They had talked their way home, but now silence seemed fitting.

Iris could only properly shove the dagger under his bed before his dad came into the room without knocking.

Affection wasn't frequently shared amongst the two, but Iris didn't complain when Arlo brought him in for a brief hug. Iris hugged his dad tighter before they backed away. It made sense to show this much affection, considering what's been going on. Internally, externally, getting those feelings out was therapeutic in a way; it revived some of the closure.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" Arlo asked as he laid his hands on Iris's shoulders. He never noticed how much they looked alike. Hair that shined a slight gold, hazel eyes that captured the sun in their pools of honey. They were cursed with wide irises, emotions were easy to spot. However, someone once told Arlo it was a blessing rather than a curse.

He smiled suddenly. Iris furrowed his eyebrows.

"We did. And what?"

Arlo shook his head. "You just remind me of someone," he said.

"Who could I possibly remind you of? Certainly not Amilea."

"Certainly not. I'll tell you one of these days."

Iris frowned and lightly shrugged away from his dad. "Do I have secret family members you're not telling me about?"

Arlo shook his head again, but this time with a chuckle. He turned around, not answering Iris's questions and gestured for him to follow. Iris did so with curiosity.

The two ended up talking up a storm until night. It was something they haven't done in a while and Arlo felt extremely guilty. Making up the lost time was more important to him than solving other problems. Iris didn't quite see that idea eye to eye but he appreciated his dad's efforts. They talked for hours but it felt short when they put a pause in the conversation.

Instead of asking or suggesting he get some rest, Arlo practically forced Iris out of his office and ushered him to his room.

"We'll talk some more tomorrow," Arlo promised. They bid each other goodnight and went their separate ways down the corridor.

But Iris had no intention of sleeping so soon. Near ten o'clock, Kai snuck passed the guards and slipped through the door.

They sat on Iris's bed using the moonlight as their guide to see through the darkness.

Iris soothed his hand over Kai's cut on his wrist. It had healed poorly. The wound an irritated red and the skin around it was still black. It looked poisoned, burnt, but the skin was still soft.

"That's going to leave a scar," Iris mumbled. He touched the cut again before Kai bent his arm to do the same thing.

"I always thought I'd get away with two scars. Three's a charm."

"Two? I only saw the one of your back."

Kai looked up from his arm. He blinked at Iris before looking back down. He pointed at his left thigh, directing Iris's eyes there.

"I have one on my leg. It's recent, actually."

"Oh."

When Iris didn't look away from Kai's leg, he softly cleared his throat.

"Did you want me to show you..or?"

Iris quickly lifted his head. "Oh–no, sorry. I was just thinking." Iris leaned against the backboard of his bed and tilted his head a little to the right. "I mean, you can if you want."

Kai rolled his eyes and looked towards the door. "No thanks."

"Well, since we're on a relative topic, I was thinking about something." Iris leaned forward, catching Kai's attention. Though it was Iris's fidgeting that made Kai raise his eyebrows. "Uh well, I was thinking about, maybe, definitely maybe, telling my dad...about us."

At first, Kai's expression didn't change, he continued to gaze as if processing what Iris just said. Then, he expressed a long blink.

"What?"

"He just sounded so accepting earlier. I wanted to tell him because we were talking about you but I knew it was better to consult with you first."

"Tell him about us."

"Yes."

About our relationship?"

"Mhm."

"Now?"

"I know the timing isn't exactly perfect–"

"What if he completely hates it? We'll practically be forbidden to see each other and if Zoe's psychotic sister decides to show up, I won't be near you."

"I doubt my dad would be that cruel. You broke the most important rule here–with me! His son! He didn't kill you, he didn't even punish you. I think that's worse than him finding out we're dating."

"But being with you like this, it's personal. It's a connection. What if he doesn't like that?"

"Then he'll have to deal with it."

"Iris–"

"Let's be honest with each other. If he were to try to break us apart, would we not bend his rules again? I know I would. If he hates us, what we have won't change. It'll be hard, but we won't change. Would you rather us keep doing this in secret?"

Kai had a look torn between contemplating his answer and just blurting out the first thing that comes to his mind. He had to be thoughtful, though, and he knew this. He eventually broke the awaiting tension with a heavy sigh and looked down. The moon had shied further up, so half his face crawled his shadows. He still looked conflicted.

"You said he didn't punish me, but he did. At least in secret I can see you whenever I want. I'd take that freedom any day over risking that he might accept us."

Iris leaned over and took Kai's hand. "Kai." His voice was gentle, a velvet sound that was caressed by the rustling of his sheets. "I understand. But what if I can promise it will work out?"

"You can't promise that."

Iris squeezed Kai's hand.

"You just can't," Kai said.

It took him so long to realize his feelings. He may not have liked Iris as long as the prince liked him, but he couldn't deny his feelings are strong. They're unbreakable, too set and stone to become flimsy and tear. Kai didn't want to lose what he had. It wasn't much but he was damn thankful for every second he got to spend by Iris's side.

He couldn't risk it. He loved the moments too much. So much, that he almost wanted to say he loved the prince who created the memories.

Kai's lips parted and he inhaled sharply. Words he wanted to say but wasn't ready to speak were settling on his tongue. There was a reason he wasn't good at discussions like this. He was either too late or too early.

But a kiss could be neither.

So that's what he did. Instead of torturing his heart with the decision of a lifetime, Kai leaned in and sealed a kiss between their lips. At least there was one thing he could do right.

"I want to promise you something," Iris mumbled into Kai's neck. His fingernails gently curled into Kai's shoulder blades every time he would nip at his skin. "What can I promise you?"

Kai pushed his body up. His eyes glistened as they roamed over Iris and his lips curled into a small smile. Small enough that Iris would have missed it if the moon wasn't as bright as it was.

"Can you promise this?"

It wasn't a subjective suggestion, but Iris understood. He smiled. He wrapped his arms around Kai's neck and pulled him back down. He kissed him hard enough to feel his teeth and his tongue pet his lips.

"I promise," Iris managed to get out between kisses. "If you promise, too."

Kai pressed his forehead against the prince's. "I promise." He pecked his nose.  "Sir."

"Alright, you ruined the mood."

Kai laughed and pushed his body up, but Iris shook his head and pulled him back down.

"But that doesn't mean I want to stop."

With another chuckle, Kai settled back on top of Iris. They smirked at each other before making the other laugh. This is what they both loved. When they were comfortable around each other, laughing without a care in the world, joking and enjoying the seconds that passed. And for a sweet while, they got what they wanted, right until they fell asleep.

***

"Why are you all smiles and sunshine today?" Cyrus nudged Kai with her elbow while raising a curious brow.

"What are you talking about? I'm not."

"Right. Whatever you're on, I want it."

Kai rolled his eyes and walked away from the weapons rack. "I'm not on anything. But, say I was, you'll probably never get it this good."

Cyrus became even more interested, but Kai left her hanging with her curiosity as he patted her shoulder while walking ahead of her. He exited the training building out a back room and inhaled the crisp air. Fall was nearing an end yet it was still cold enough to make him shiver lightly. The sun refused to come out from hiding behind the clouds and the breeze continued to sweep the leaves on the ground, blowing cold bursts of air his way.

A small stroll was all he craved. Some quietness to let his thoughts roam in. It was true, he caught himself smiling throughout the day. His body couldn't help but react to thinking of Iris. Even his name wanted to make his lips curl up and his heart race. Perhaps the words he wasn't ready to say, were ready to be spoken. They were appropriate, Kai just had to time it just right. He wasn't very notorious for that, however.

Leaves crunched under his boots.

It wasn't until a voice spoke that he realized there were no leaves on the sidewalk.

"You sure know how to keep a reputation."

Kai looked up from studying the concrete to look around for the voice. He stopped in his tracks when he saw who it was.

For a moment, a fleeting second, he saw Zoe. Her long hair, curvy body, enticing blue eyes. And he wouldn't be wrong for mistaking her for this figure. They wore the same face after all.

Except this person had coal-black hair, a wicked smile, and the oceans in her eyes were insidious, manipulative rather than enchanting.

The woman's smile widened.

"I like that about you."

***

I'm not very good with time zones...it is currently 10:10 PM as I'm posting this. I planned for it to be out around 6 but I got a bit distracted........ I believe my time zone is MST. If I were to update a ch. on a weekday it most likely would be out a little after 4 MST.

Anyway, the next chapter will be up sometime Friday!!

Thank you for the support lately <3

~Nikki

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 1.5K 20
All characters belong to their prospective owners. I am only writing this story for fun. I am not making any money or profit off of it Plot: Arthit...
26K 441 29
It was the most fucked up idea. Offering up his self dignity to give pleasure to his one enemy, Kai, just because he was afraid he'd have his ass ki...
395 10 8
TW: Blood, violence • • • Blood partners. The phenomenon which arose along with sanguines. In this relationship, a human and a sanguine a directly de...
255K 9.7K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...