But, you're just a computer...

By batsbatzbats

~On Hiatus~ Cover art is mine (^w^)] ⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️ Angst! Cutting! Talks about sensitive topics such a... More

What is a "Squip"? - Chapter 1
Your Squip - Chapter 2
A new bestfriend? - Chapter 3
god damn it, LET ME CUDDLE YOU! - Chapter 4
'Cool kids' - Chapter 5
They're not all that bad... - Chapter 6
Deep in thought - Chapter 7
Wanna be lazy together? - Chapter 9
Sexy Shopping - Chapter 10
I'm always here... - Chapter 11
Michael- I'm sorry! Okay?! - Chapter 12
Inside your head - Chapter 13
Michael's solution - Chapter 14
Jeremy, what is wrong with you? - Chapter 15
Was that a mistake? - Chapter 16
I just wanna talk about you guys for a moment
But is he really sorry? - Chapter 17
Ups and Down - Chapter 18
Small thing I'm wondering about
Laying on the floor, crying, and eating Spaghetti - Chapter 19
Yo, new book out

The Other Squips - Chapter 8

1.5K 59 270
By batsbatzbats

——Y/n (Your) POV!—

I walked into the crowded hallways once again. It was my lunch period now and I just needed to find Jermey and Michael to tell them that I won't be eating lunch with them today. I assumed I would have to just maneuver around everyone else in the hallway, but that wasn't the case. People were making a sort of path for me to walk through, just like how Chloe parted the crowd earlier today.

I finally spotted a Jeremy-less Michael standing at his locker.

"Hey, Mikie!" I called for him.

"Hm? Oh, hey popular Y/n." He chuckled.

"Oh shut up, I'm not that popular."

"Like hell you are! You're the talk of the school! I'm even proud!" Michael smiled.

"Really? Well, thanks, Michael!"

Michael looked off to the side a bit. "Actually, have you seen Jeremy lately? I think he's been ignoring me..." He said in a slightly disappointed tone. "He probably wouldn't want me to tell you this, but he actually got one of those 'script' things... "

"You mean Squip?"

"Yeah! That!" Michael fixed. "He's been ignoring me ever since he got one..."

"May I talk to him for a moment?" Eric asked.

"Um, sure, I guess."

Eric placed his hand on my neck, most likely connecting to my soundbox. "If he's ignoring you then his Squip is definitely active, his Squip might even be blocking you from his field of vision," I said, well, Eric said, technically.

"Jesus... how'd you figure that out?" He asked.

Eric removed his hand from my neck to let me answer this question. "It just makes sense, it's an insanely powerful supercomputer that's implanted in the brain, it probably has access to stuff like that," I said. "Wait, how do you know about Squips?"

"Oh, yeah, when you left my house the other day, Jeremy told me everything about your encounter with Rich, he even made me drive him to Payless to get him one," Michael explained. His expression dropped from a sad one to more of a disappointed one. "I'm not too fond of this, 'supercomputer'..."

I raised one of my eyebrows in a worried manner. "Why?"

"Why? It's just weird! It's just weird how I can't find anything on the internet about it because, well, it's the internet!" He said.

"Well, what if he did get one, and it did work?" I asked, knowing that it worked.

Michael smiled, although he still seemed worried. "It would be amazing if it worked! That just proves that there is such advanced technology out there!" Michael exclaimed. "Although I would still be worried."

I adorably huffed. "Yep, it would be cool, and it totally makes sense why you would be worried..." I threw him a genuine smile.

"Yeah... Oh! I just realized, we need to get to lunch!" Michael reminded me.

"Oh right! Actually, that's why I wanted to talk to you."

"Hm?" Michael hummed.

"I'm going to eat lunch with Jake today, sorry." I nervously chuckled. Michael gave me a smirk.

"Are you trying to get Jakey D's, 'Jakey D'?" He suggestively asked.

My face flushed. "S-shut up!" I exclaimed. "I just wanted you to know, I'll still come over to your house after school, so don't think I abandoned you for 'cooler' friends." I gestured air quotes when I said the word 'cooler'.

Michael did a flamboyant hair flip, even though he had no hair to flip. "I know you would never abandon me~." He gushed.

I rolled my eyes with a grin. "Yeah, yeah, I need to go, cya later!" I waved goodbye to Michael as I backed away to go towards the lunchroom.

I walked into the cafeteria to look for Jake. It wasn't that hard, I knew where he and the popular people sat. They always sat at the table closest to the right windows, it was a strange place to sit, so I assume that's why they picked it.

Almost immediately, Jake saw me walking in their direction. "Hey, gorgeous! Over here!" Jake called for me as he pointed at the empty spot next to him. I smiled and sat down next to him, which had me also sitting next to Brooke. "I had to fend off that seat just for you~." He joked. I giggled at his remark.

"Thanks, Jake." I smiled. I heard Eric grunt in annoyance behind me.

"Hey Y/n, I got lunch for you!" Brooke said, sliding an extra lunch tray that she got for me.

"Awwww, thanks, babes." I thanked Brooke.

Brooke gave me a huge grin. "O-M-G! 'Babes'! That's nickname is totes adorable!" She yelled in a giddy way.

I smiled at Brooke and looked at the food she gave me. It was a box that had sushi and a couple of cookies in it.

"Thanks, Brooke, I love it!" I grinned.

"See? I told you should love it if you gave it to her!" Jake exclaimed to Brooke.

"Wait, so Jake wanted me to have this?" I felt my face warm up. "He's so sweet!"

"Oh yeah, he's so great," Eric grumbled from behind me.

"Bish, you're just jealous that I got free food."

"Y/n, I can't eat food, I'm a computer-" Eric abruptly cut himself off. "- I mean yes! I'm only jealous because you got food!" Eric quickly glitched in a nervous tone. Okay, that's it, whenever he glitches he's lying. It has to be. I know because he LITERALLY JUST said that he can't eat food, and then a second later he said that he's jealous of the food I got.

"So, Y/n," Jake got my attention. "Will you be attending my Halloween party?" Jake asked with a smirk.

I smile and laughed. "Of course, but Halloween isn't for like, another 2 weeks." I giggled.

Jake shrugged my comment off. "Good! I really hope to see you there~." Jake winked as he leaned closer to me. I felt the heat rise to my cheeks as Jake entwined our fingers underneath the table.

But, apparently, I was too flustered to notice the jealous, pissed off, angry mess of my Squip, Eric behind me. Eric kept glitching behind me, trying desperately to calm himself down.

"Please turn me off for a bit, I need to go review something." Eric managed to spit out.

I didn't take my soft gaze off Jake. "Sure, how do I do that...?"

"Just verbally say 'Shutdown', and say 'activate' when you wish for me to re-appear."

I thought for a moment on how I couldn't say 'Shutdown' out loud without it being weird, but it really wasn't that hard. "Jeez, I'm so tired right now," I began as a setup. "I wish I could just like, shutdown."

I heard a small glitch sound come from behind me, I'll ask him why he wanted to be shutdown later, but right now, I need to focus on Jake and everyone else. I have to take Eric's words into note.

"Cha cha real smooth." Rich laughed, he was sitting right in front of me. He absolutely knew what I just did, and he also looked like he was about to burst into laughter. He definitely noticed something or knew something. I should ask about it later.

I giggled and turned my attention back to Jake, all I saw was his gaze on me and my features. "I know I'm beautiful, but do you have to stare?" I confidently asked.

Jake lightly chuckled. "Would you rather I take a picture?" He answered with a question, slowly raising his phone.

"Sure!" I agreed, making my hands form a heart and cutely smiled. Jake took a picture and put it into an empty contact.

"Can I take a side of, 'your phone number' with that picture?" He slyly asked as if he was placing an order to a waitress.

"Of course you can~." I flirted back. Jake handed me his phone and I placed my number in it.

Jake immediately texted my phone so I could save his number (And probably to make sure I didn't give him a fake number).

"SCORE!" Jake exclaimed. "What's your next class?"

"PE," I answered with an annoyed groan. "I know most of you guys take it with me," I said, referring to a couple people at our table.

"O-M-G!!! Y/n!" Brooke yelled, getting my attention with an adorable grin. "In PE, I NEED, you to meet this guy I'm into!" She explained, a light pink blush dusted her cheeks.

"Babes, I will GLADLY meet this mystery guy." I giggled, poking Brooke's cheek. I was about to say something else but I was abruptly cut off by another female's voice.

"B-Brooke, I thought that lu-lunch was going to be for me..." Jenna Roland stuttered as she sat down next to Brooke.

"Yeah, well, you were late and Y/n didn't have any food," Brooke explained, crossing her arms, but not in a bitchy way, kind of in a nervous way.

I didn't want any bad blood between me and Jenna, so I split my not-yet-touched meal with Jenna. "Here ya go Roly." (Row-lee)

Jenna smiled at me. "Thanks, Y/n. You're really sweet, I don't know why we haven't hung out before!" Jenna exclaimed as she threw a piece of sushi in her mouth.

"Jenna has a point, you're actually really cool!" Chloe giggled from beside Rich.

I smiled at them. "I've been a quiet kid, only really hanged out with two other guys," I explained.

"'Hanged'?" Brooke began. "Do you not hang out with them anymore?"

I shook my head. "No, I still hang out with them, in fact, I'm going over to one of their houses later today after school!" I explained with a smile.

"What are they're names?" Jake asked, resting his chin on his propped up hands.

"Michael Mell and Jeremy Heere, I love them like my own brothers."

"JEREMY?!" Brooke exclaimed.

"Y-Yeah...?" I nervously chuckled.

Brooke looked at me with wide eyes. "That's the guy I was talking about!" She started grinning uncontrollably. "Oh my god, you can tell me all about him!" She fangirled.

"Wow Brooke, calm down your lady-boner~." Rich laughed.

Brooke glared at Rich. "Shut the FUCK up, Rich!" My no longer pure bean swore.

"Wooooow, calm down B." Jake nervously chuckled with his hands up.

I rested my head on Brooke's shoulder. "And to think you were someone pure."

Brooke gave me a smirk and pet my hair. "Please, I'm one of the least innocent people at this table, hun," Brooke said, back into her pure and innocent tone.

"I'm just gonna go." Rich slowly started to stand up.

"Bye Rich," Brooke waved, giving Rich her cutest smile. "Die in hell~." She continued to say in her adorable little voice.

"hOly sHiT!!!" Jake and Rich exclaimed.

Chloe, Jenna and I all started laughing. "It's so terrifying cause she has such a cute voice!" I wheezed out.

~Time Squip to the end of school~

I waited outside the back of the school where Michael usually goes to meet up with me and Jeremy. Actually...

"Where is Jeremy?"

"Close." (You re-activated him in Psychology Class)

"What in the world is that supposed to mean?"

"It means Jeremy is close."

"Wow, no shit Sherlock, I know what close means."

"Then if you're so smart, what do you need me for?"

I looked at Eric and burst out laughing, I bet I looked crazy, so I tried to tone it down a bit.

"I'm kidding with you." I smiled.

"I know, and I was joking back," Eric answered. "It was a sarcasm-to-sarcasm conversation," Eric said, leaning on the tree I was standing next to. To be honest, Eric is quite attractive, but I really shouldn't have expected any less. I briefly looked away from him so he wouldn't be able to tell I was staring.

"Hey, Eric," I said, getting his attention.

"Y/n, you always have my attention."

I giggled at his response. "I have a question for you."

"And I have an answer for you," Eric answered before I could even ask.

I let out a humorous huff. "Will you ever stop it with your snarky comebacks?" I rhetorically asked.

Eric smirked at me. "I can, but I won't." Eric pushed himself off the tree and towered over me. Eric placed his hand underneath my chin with his thumb on my bottom lip. "I know you like it whenever I talk like that~." He said in a low voice.

I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks in a second. Damn it, he's right though, I do kinda like it whenever he acts like a smartass. It's kinda hot...

"T-that wasn't my actual question, in fact, it was completely rhetorical!" I didn't know I could stutter in my thoughts.

"The more you know-"

"What I WANTED to originally ask you, is why do you look like the way you do?" I asked.

Eric paused for a moment to try and figure out how to explain it in a way that I would understand. "Let's see... Well, since I am indeed inside your brain while creating my appearance, my quantum processor will take specific attributes that you admire and will apply them to me. Although you can change whatever I look like whenever."

I chuckled. "So that must be why Rich's Squip just looks like evil Kermit the frog."

"Correct."

"Hey! Y/n!" A familiar voice called out.

"Hey Jeremy, how's it going?" I asked, turning my head in his direction.

"It's going great! I got a date with Brooke later today!" Jeremy exclaimed.

I smiled at him. "I'm glad! I think you and Brooke would make such a cute couple!" I giggled.

"Up up down down left right A." Eric quickly said, syncing with Jeremy's Squip.

Once again; a faint, yet familiar shock quickly ran through my and Jeremy's body.

I looked back up at Jermey to look at his Squip. He looked a lot like a young Keanu Reeves while he was still in his late 20s.

"Wow, good to know almost all of the other Squips are also hot." I giggled.

(Both your and Jeremy's Squips will be bolded)

"Thank you, and good to know that you here are a lot smarter than Jeremy, here." Keanu Squip said.

I slightly tilted my head. "What?"

"Jeremy hasn't realized that the man standing behind you is your Squip." Keanu lightly chuckled.

"H-hey!" Jeremy tried to protest but was cut off by a shock.

Jeremy's Squip swiftly glitched in front of me, barely leaving any space between the two of us. I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks in a second. "U-uhh... can you like, not...?" I stammered out, moving back a bit to try and get away from him. I could practically feel the rage radiating off of Eric from behind me, he hated how close you and Jeremy's Squip were, although he knew trying to pick a fight would be pointless.

"Aw, and yet 'Eric' can do it?" He said with a smirk.

I stood up and shuffled myself away from the electrical Keanu.

"Dude, your Squip is creepy, and kind of sexual to the point where I'm a little scared," I said to Jeremy.

Jeremy scratched the back of his neck. "S-Sorry about that... I don't know what's going over him." He nervously chuckled.

I crossed my arms in a non-hostile way. "It's fine, it's just a little creepy." I shrugged.

"Y/n." MY Squip, Eric, called.

"What's up Tic-Tak?" I verbally respond.

"I wish I could call my Squip Tic-Tak..." Jeremy sighed.

"You got a text from Michael, say goodbye to Jeremy and this hooligan of a Squip," Eric said, in a slightly annoyed tone.

I nodded at him. "Well, you heard the boss, cya later Jer."

"Peace," Jeremy answered back, obviously following his Squip's words.

"Ew, don't say peace."

Jeremy gave a nervous, crooked smile. "But I have to, my Squip is telling me to."

I smirked and rolled my eyes. "Tell your Squip he can fuck off."

"Only by you~." The Keanu Squip crept in.

"Double ew, I'm out. I'll live to deal with your Squip another day, cya." I said, finally walking away.

Eric was grumbling words under his breath, but.I was unable to hear him, so I decided to try and figure out what Jeremy and his Squip were saying as we walked away. I could tell that Jeremy was now having a mental conversation with Squip, but I did hear the Squip, I heard one thing...

"I like her, she's fun and entertaining..."

A/N

I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING! I've been busy with school work, and naps... and laying on the floor... and in an empty tub... and sitting in my closet...

Also, this chapter isn't edited.

yay fun

~2830 words~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 208 38
(Sorry this is from the point of view of a girl reader. If you're a boy, then Adapt, Improvise, Overcome. Also, I'm gonna have to tweak some things a...
22.6K 881 16
Senior year, Everything is looking amazing for Jeremy and Michael. They have been accepted into not a clique, not a group of friends, but into a fami...
186K 7.5K 28
"That one? Really?" The squip asked, shocked. "Yes." You replied. "So you got me to get him? Of all the other hot people in the school, you pick the...
265 20 21
It's a Boyf-Riends story. So right after the events of Be More Chill, Christine and Jeremy end up together. Like a month later, Michael and Rich star...