Ineffable | Ninjago x Reader

By nishfuyu

ɪɴᴇꜰꜰᴀʙʟᴇ: ᴛᴏᴏ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴏʀ ᴇxᴛʀᴇᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴇxᴘʀᴇꜱꜱᴇᴅ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇꜱᴄʀɪʙᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ. Being the twin sister of Jay walker is... More

Rise of the snakes
Home
Snakebit
Never trust a snake
Can of worms
The snake king
Tick tock
Once bitten, twice shy
The Royal Blacksmiths
The green ninja
All of nothing
Rise of the great devourer
Day of the great devourer
Darkness shall rise
Pirates vs. ninja
Double trouble
Ninjaball run
Child's play
Wrong place, wrong time
The stone army
The day Ninjago stood still
The last voyage
Island of darkness
The last hope
Rise of the spinjitzu master
The surge
The art of the silent fist
Blackout
The curse of the golden master
Enter the digiverse
Codename: Arcturus
The void
The titanium ninja
The invitation
Only one can remain
Versus
Ninja roll
Spy for a spy
Spellbound
The forgotten element
The day of the dragon
The greatest fear of all
The corridor of elders
Winds of change
Ghost Story
Stiix and Stones
The Temple on Haunted Hill
Peek-a-boo
Kingdom Come
The Crooked Path
Grave Danger
Curseworld, part I
Curseworld, Part II
Fangirl Plague
Infamous
Public Enemy Number One
Enkrypted
Misfortune Rising
On a Wish and a Prayer
My dinner with Nadakhan
Wishmasters
Operation Land Ho!
The Way Back
Day of The Departed
The Hands of Time
The Hatching
A Time of Traitors
Scavengers
A Line in the Sand
The Attack
Secrets Discovered
Pause and Effect
Out of the Fire and Into the Boiling Sea
Lost in Time
The Mask of Deception
The Jade Princess
The Oni and the Dragon
Snake Jaguar
Dead Man's Squall
The Quiet One
Game of Masks
Dread on Arrival
True Potential
Big Trouble, Little Ninjago
Firstbourne
Iron & Stone
Radio Free Ninjago
How to Build a Dragon

Return of the overlord

3.9K 96 76
By nishfuyu

Season 2, episode 12.

Words: 3,4K

Warnings: I think none.

The ninja, Wu and Misako are walking through the forest, searching for Dr. Julien. The horns are still blaring in the distance, as they spot Zane's father. They walk towards him and he turns around, "What was that sound? The horns?" He asked.

"The Celestial Clock has reached zero. Garmadon's ultimate weapon is now operational and the Final Battle between good and evil has all but begun." Sensei informed, nodding.

"Now Lloyd must face his father." Misako reminded, looking at a sad Lloyd.

"But where's Nya?" Dr. Julien asked, looking for her. Kai puts a hand on Jay's shoulder.

"She's been taken by the Overlord, but we'll get her back. At the moment, there are bigger things at stake, including all of ninjago itself." Sensei answered.

Jay pulled his hood off his face and spoke up, "Who cares about Ninjago? Nya was my-uh, my...you know."

Kai pulled his hood off as well, "And she's my sister. I know her being captured is tough, but she's tougher. Tougher than most of us. We'll see her again."

"Lloyd, your focus gives strength to invoking the power of the golden dragon. You cannot lose faith now. Everything rests on your shoulders." Wu turned to the green ninja.

"But Sensei, you saw what happened when I tried to face my father. I-I froze. I can't fight him." Lloyd sighed.

"You must. It is written in the scrolls."

"Remember, your father is just as scared." Misako reassured her son.

"Then the battle will be decided by who is willing to fight." 

Kai pulled out his blade, "You won't be alone. I'll be right behind you. You have my fire."

"You have my earth." Cole did the same as Kai.

"And my ice." Zane nodded.

"And lightning."

"Don't forget the wind." Y/n smiled proudly.

"We're all in this together, kid." Cole told the green ninja.

"What are we waiting for? Let's suit up." Lloyd pulled his hood over his face and the team prepares for the battle. 

Some time later they run towards Garmadon's camp. Lloyd layed down on the ground, trying to not get seen. "Get down, now." He motioned to his friends.

"They won't know what hit them." Kai whispered.

"Time to chop wood."

"Ninja, go!" They shout and break open the gate, finding it abandoned.

"Uh, where the heck is everybody?" Jay asked, confused.

"Ugh, and here I was all ready to release the thunder." Cole complained.

"Jay is the thunder, Cole." Y/n snickered.

"The ultimate weapon is gone. We're too late." Kai said and he walked over the bridge, towards the vacant camp. "Nya? Nya!"

The falcon could be heard and they all turn their heads. "My Falcon friend wants to show us something." The Falcon shows them the Garmatron's tracks.

Lloyd gasped, "Whoa. That's one big weapon."

"It appears to be heading toward the coast." Zane informed.

"But why? Wouldn't he try to use it on us?" Lloyd questioned, turning to Wu.

"Not on us. On Ninjago. He always wanted to turn our world into his own image. Now we know how it will be done."

"But if he starts turning things evil, the balance will shift and allow the Overlord to cross over into our world." Misako added.

"Then we have to make sure that my father never fires that weapon."

They start to follow the tracks, but Zane stopped as he noticed his father panting. "Father!"

"You go on without me. I'm an inventor, not a fighter. I'll only get in the way." He panted out.

"But what will you do?"

"I'll be back at the bounty waiting for you to return in one piece. But don't worry, a part of me will always be with you."

"Be well, Father." Zane said and ran back to his friends.

They continued running, following the tracks, "Um, is anyone else thinking about how this might be our final fight together?" Jay asked.

"Yeah." Kai agreed.

"Of course." Zane smiled.

"It's all I've been thinking about." Cole told.

"Not really." Y/n muttered under her breath, but was still audible.

"We've come a long way. It wasn't that long ago when Sensei first found us." Kai smiled as well now.

"Hey." Jay chuckled, "You remember that time Kai thought he was the green ninja?" Everyone laughed except Kai.

"That was quite the memory." Zane said, still running.

"He was so not." Cole laughed out loud.

"Or what about when the hypnobrai hypnotized Cole and we had to fight him?" Zane remembered and they laugh again.

"We should've just kicked his butt." Kai said, making the rest chuckle.

"Ha. You had to destroy my treehouse." Lloyd adds, looking at the ground.

"Jay didn't want to." Y/n patted her brother's back.

"Or how about that time Sensei came out of the guts of the devourer's belly." They all groan, "drinking tea?" Zane finished.

"Oh, that was so gross!"

"Yeah. I thought he was a goner." Jay said, earning a hit on his head from Sensei.

"Wrong again, Mr. Emptyhead." 

Lloyd spotted someone running in front of them and stopped, "Whoa."

"Something is wrong here." Cole whispered, stopping as well.

"Where? Where?" Jay asked as everyone looked around suspicious.

"Did I just see..." Kai trailed off.

"I sense an evil presence." Zane stated.

Y/n snickered, "I sense that without being a nindroid." 

"Where? Where?" Jay repeated. 

Sensei Wu pointed at the trees, "Above us!" Someone appeared and used spinjitzu on Cole.

"Ow, my jaw. That hurt!" He whined. The thing used spinjitzu on Lloyd this time, knocking him back a little bit.

"No one does that to the Green Ninja!" Kai said and the spinjitzu stops, revealing Nya, dark Nya. Infected by dark matter.

"Nya!" Jay cried out, wanting to run to her, but got stopped by his sister.

"That is no longer Nya." Sensei Wu informed.

"What did he do to my sister?" Kai growled.

"He must've used the ultimate weapon to turn her into his own evil image." Misako sighed and Nya growls.

"Garmadon must have sent her to slow us down. We have to stop them from firing that weapon." Sensei stood in front of his students as Nya takes out a flail.

"What are we supposed to do? Use our Elemental Powers on her?" Cole suggested, making Jay and Kai glare at the earth ninja. 

"No! I don't want to hurt her." The blue ninja screamed.

"Jay's right. We just have to find a way to keep her from-" Nya hits Kai with her flail, "-hurting us." He finished and stumbled around.

"Well, we should think of something before Garmadon fires that weapon." Zane reminded, making the rest think.

"Lloyd, you go up ahead with Sensei and Misako, while we take care of Nya." Cole said, making Misako and Wu nod.

"But you said you'd always be behind me." Lloyd exclaimed.

"We will be. We'll catch up as soon as we can." Kai replied, turning to his sister.

Jay used spinjitzu to hide behind a rock, followed by hiding behind a tree and lastly he charged at ninja, but got caught by the flail, "Oof. That hurt." He complained.

"The Ninja are right. We must go." Sensei Wu agreed.

"Just go with Sensei and you mother Lloyd, you got this." Y/n stated, not wanting to argue about this further. They run away and Nya turned to them. She threw her flail to them but it got caught by Cole.

"Not so fast, sweetheart. This dance ain't over." He swings her, getting the flail out of her grasp. "Triple tiger sashay!" He is grabbed by Nya, who knocks him into the others. Like bowling.

"Did you just call her "sweatheart"?" Y/n questioned, rolling her eyes while laying on the ground.

The overlord, Garmadon and the stone army had reached the coast of the dark island, with the ultimate weapon.

"Ninjago is now within reach. Activate the weapon so all will know of your rule." The overlord told Garmadon, laughing evilly.

"Yes. Load the cannon. Finally, my darkest dream will now become reality." He is about to push the button but Lloyd interrupts.

"Father, don't!"

"Lloyd!" Garmadon shouted back, annoyed.

"What are you doing? Push the button!" The overlord called out.

"So, the balance has sent my son, my brother and wife to try to stop me? It looks like my little surprise has kept the other ninja busy."

"Don't do it." Misako warned, "If you alter the balance, it will allow the Overlord to cross over."" 

"The balance will be destroyed, and we will all pay dearly." Sensei Wu finished.

"Don't listen to them. They betrayed you." The overlord growled.

"I don't want to fight you but I will if I have to. This is about more than just us. This is about what is right." Lloyd tried to convince his father, who scowled.

"Don't you see? I will never do what's right. The evil in my blood can never go away. It has corrupted every ounce of my fiber, every bone in my body. I am Lord Garmadon. Destiny took my family from me, and the only way for us to be together is to turn everything in this world into my image. Then you'll all see what I see, feel what I feel!" He said proudly.

"It is not too late."

"You've made your decision, and I have made mine." Garmadon stated and raises his hand to push the button.

"No!" Misako, Wu and Lloyd cried out.

The dark lord pushed the button and the computer started counting from twenty to zero.

"Warming up? You could've warned me it had to warm up!" Garmadon shouted at the Overlord, annoyed.

"How could I? You were monologuing."

"...16..." The computer continued.

"We have to get to the top and shut it off." Lloyd told his mother and uncle.

"Stop them!" Garmadon screamed at his army of stone warriors.

Garmadon pushed another button and smaller rockets were fired towards the team. The attacks got stopped by Misako.

"...11...10...9...8..."

"Come on, come on, come on." The dark lord repeated, seeing Lloyd jumping towards him.

"...7..."

Lloyd lands in the Garmatron. "No." Garmadon growled.

"...6...5...4...3..." The computer continued as Lloyd pinned Garmadon, but the dark lord pushed himself off and Lloyd got pinned by Kozu.

"Got you!"

"...2...1..." The computer finished and the Garmatron fires a capsule full of dark matter. 

"No!" Misako cried out.

"We're losing." Lloyd panted, still being pinned by Kozu.

Garmadon starts laughing, "I win!"

"Again!" The overlord shouted.

"Again!" Garmadon repeated and the stone warriors load in another missile.

Lloyd grunts as he tries to get out of Kozu's grasp.

"The balance is shifting." Misako said, fighting off some stone warriors.

"Lloyd, you must focus and put a stop to this!"

Lloyd starts to make a energy ball and ends up levitating in a green aura He Tries to destroy the Garmatron, but Garmadon ejects him out.

"You think you can stop me!?" Garmadon crackles and launched another missile.

"Our worst fears." Sensei said, as Misako clung onto his arm.

Nya growled as she hung Cole on a rock with her flail, and the other ninja are laying on the ground, defeated. "This is not good!"

"We have to help them." Kai said, mentioning to Lloyd, Misako and Wu.

"Tell that to your sister, It's five against one and I think she's winning!" Cole cried out, still hanging.

"Kai and Jay both said no elemental powers. With powers would be a lot easier." Y/n said, standing up.

"Perhaps we can use them, but without hurting her." Zane cuts Cole's chains with his ice.

"I like it. Let's do it!" Cole stands up and ran to his friends.

"Cole, can you blind her for a sec?" Jay asked the earth ninja.

"Thanks to you, sure thing." Cole plung his blade in the ground and blows dust towards Nya.

"My eyes! I can't see!" Nya groaned as she stumbled.

"Kai, quick. Cut that tree!" Jay shouted to the red ninja.

"No problem." Kai replied and cuts the tree, using his fire blade.

"I know where you're heading." Zane said and freezes the tree, trapping Nya in an ice dome.

Kai turned to his trapped sister, "Sorry, sis. This club just became official ninja only." Nya replied by screaming. The ninja turned around and followed the Garmatron's tracks.

"I tried." Lloyd sighed in defeat.

"I know." Sensei Wu comforted the green ninja. 

"It is done. The balance has shifted." Misako gasped and the Overlord laughed hysterically.

"Stop laughing now!" Garmadon demanded, but the Overlord kept laughing, "This is my victory! What's happening?" 

"You've helped offset the balance. Because of you, I can now cross over into your world. I'm finally free!" The Overlord explained, laughing.

"Wait a minute! You stole that from my playbook! Well, you can forget about it. Ninjago is mine!"

"No. it was never going to be yours. It is mine!" The Overlord shouted and a beam of light hits the dark lord.

The ninja arrive at the scene, "Sorry we're late. Did we miss much?" Jay looks at Garmadon, who was screaming by now. "Holy unholy."

Garmadon fell on his knees and his hands turned into claws. "What is happening to me?"

"Are you scared? I'm scared." Jay said quickly.

"I'm really scared." Y/n replied, staring at the dark lord, who was getting possesed by the Overlord.

"Something is very wrong here." Garmadon puffed out, as his face turned into a dragon-kind one.

"The metamorphosis has begun!" 'Garmadon' said, but with the voice of the Overlord.

"Metamorphosis? What does that mean?" Kai asked.

"Metamorphosis is a biological process by which someone or something changes into something new." Zane explained to the red ninja.

"Yeah, changes into something ugly." Cole pointed out.

"Father..." Lloyd wanted to run towards his father, but Sensei Wu stopped him.

"No, Lloyd. That is no longer your father." 

"But what about the prophecy? It said I had to face my father." The green ninja stuttered.

"You still must, but now the Overlord has possessed him. Unlike your father, the Overlord will show you no mercy."

"You can do this, Lloyd." Kai reassured Lloyd.

"We're here and behind you all the way." Jay smiled.

"He's tough, but you're tougher." Cole added.

"But we have to act before his evil gets more powerful." Zane pointed out.

The Overlord laughs. "Let's do this." Lloyd said and pulled his hood over his face.

"Ninja, go!" They all exclaimed and use spinjitzu to get closer to the stone army. 

Lloyd used his green fire to make some kind of area to fight in. They jumped over it and started to attack the warriors. Zane froze a part of the warriors and Cole made the ice break, letting the stone samurai's fall backwards. One of the stone warriors' vehicles drove towards Kai. He slid under the blades and used his fire blade to cut the vehicle in half. 

Y/n stood in front of another group of stone warriors and she started to levitate and blasted the stone warriors back, knocking them in each other. Jay stood in front of another vehicle and jumped over it, using his blade to make the vehicle overheated.

"I need more evil, but where to attack next? Ninjago City." The Overlord growled and pushed a button to fire a missile. He saw it needed to be loaded and groaned. Wu and Misako attack the Warriors before they reload the cannon and throw the missile to Y/n. Who used her powers to make the missile fly into the ocean.

Kozu turned to Sensei Wu and Misako and Wu fought him, before kicking the stone warrior general into the missile's spot. The Overlord thought it was a real missile and fired, making Kozu fly to Ninjago City. The ninja laugh at the sight and the Overlord growled. 

"Fine, I'll load it myself" He shouted.

Jay and Kai were fighting alongside each other and a stone warrior got ready to fire at the blue ninja. They dodged his shots and jumped towards him. "Sorry, only two can dance this dance." He said and Jay knocked out two more stone warriors. 

Kai used the blasters and helped Y/n and Jay out with fighting the vehicles. Y/n winked at the fire ninja and ran off, helping Zane. Kai's face flushed red, not used to girls winking at him.

"This ends now!" Lloyd shouted, standing behind the Overlord.

"The Final Battle has begun." Misako gasped.

"Let's hope he is ready." Sensei Wu sighed. The rest of the team had stopped fighting now and watched the two.

"All this time, everything has led to this." The green ninja shouted, summoning a energy ball.

"Stupid boy. I've been planning this for thousands of years." The Overlord smirked.

"Eat green!" Lloyd blasts the energy tio the Overlord.

"Show him, Lloyd!" Cole exclaimed. 

The Overlord tried to hit Lloyd with his powers but the green ninja dodged. The master of darkness punched Lloyd in the gut, making everyone gasp. The green ninja flew back and the Overlord flew towards him. He summoned more of his black energy and blasted it at Lloyd, who used his own energy to stop it. 

"Can we help?" Y/n asked Misako, who shook her head.

"We can't. This is the final battle, between the green ninja and the dark lord." 

Lloyd suddenly, for the Overlord it was, blasted the master of darkness into the jungle.

"Yes!" Jay exclaimed, but the Overlord flew back, unharmed. "No!"

The dark lord blasted himself at the green ninja, making Lloyd fly backwards.

"The battle for good and evil. I can do this for eternity, but can you? Your friends can't help you now. You are all alone." The Overlord laughed.

"No, I'm not. My father is still in you. He will fight with me." Lloyd yelled back, making the Overlord turn into Garmadon for a second.

"Lloyd? Stay strong." 

"Fool, you cannot defeat me!" The master of darkness said, being turned back into the monster form. The green ninja attacked the Overlord again.

"I can try!" He shouted, charging at him. "Fight, Father!"

"Lloyd!" Garmadon shouted.

"Fight him!" 

Cole went to interrupt but got stopped by Kai, "He is the Green Ninja."

"You will not...take...my son..." Garmadon gasped out as he faltered from Overlord to normal form.

"Your father is...gone!" The master of darkness overpowered Lloyd and threw him back.

"Lloyd!"

"My son!"

Misako and Sensei Wu both run to the green ninja. The Overlord laughs while pointing the cannon at him) You were always so...green." He pushes the button but the Bounty interrupted the fight.

"I may not be able to fight, but I can fly!" Dr. Julien said before he jumps off, saving himself from the dark matter. The dark matter didn't harm Zane's father but did destroy the bounty. "That went well."

"Enough! We don't need to waste our time with their pestering. We'll go to Ninjago City to finish this once and for all!" The Overlord made a portal to go to Ninjago city. He walks in it, followed by his stone army.

"If they leave, that means we'll be stuck here with no way to get back! Get to the vortex, now!" Kai yelled and ran towards the portal.

"Bye-bye! Forever!" Nya waved and jumped on the back of the Garmatron.

"I'm there, I'm there!" The red ninja jumped, but the portal disapppeared.

"Nooo!" He cried out, falling on his knees.

The others were watching as Lloyd slowly woke up, "Did I...did I win?"

"No. But you're alive." Sensei Wu replied, sighing.

"But the prophecy..." Lloyd stood up and tried to walk, but fell. Y/n and Jay went to help him.

"Easy, kid. You've been through a lot." Jay told the green ninja.

"My leg. Did we lose the Final Battle?" Lloyd muttered, but loud enough for the others to hear.

"What's important is, we didn't lose you."

Lloyd picked up a piece of the leftover from the bouny, "The symbol for destiny. Destiny showed us who was stronger today. But destiny also wanted us around to fight another day. We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." He said wisely, staring into the water, as his team surrounds him.

Hey, hey! I've updated a longer chapter! I'm kinda proud of myself. :D

Next chapter is the end of season 2, finally. And then I'll just continue with season 3.

If you found any mistake please let me know and I'll fix it right away. 

See you in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 708 27
ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʏ/ɴ, ᴍᴀꜱᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʟɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴇꜰᴇɴꜱᴇ, ʜᴀᴠᴇ? ᴍɪꜱꜱɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋꜱᴛᴏʀʏ, ꜱᴛʀᴇꜱꜱ, ᴘʀᴇꜱꜱᴜʀᴇ, ɢᴏᴛ ɴᴏ ɪᴅᴇᴀ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʜᴇʀ ᴘᴏᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴀʟ? ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ɪꜰ ꜱʜᴇ'ꜱ ᴍᴇɴ...
186K 3.1K 22
Just some one shots of you and your favourite characters! Requests: Closed :( I do not own the art used on the cover.
3.1K 74 6
This is no longer active. Please enjoy if you do read. The only things that will be posted are works that I have finished but have no purpose for any...
7.5K 237 9
𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙨 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙖 𝙢𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙛 𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙪𝙙 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙨 𝙞𝙣𝙫𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙩𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙣𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 �...