The Clichés of Trinity Academ...

By Olanmaa_

Trinity Academy is a school with it all. Amazing facilities. The good, the bad and the ugly teachers. Mean gi... More

REPUBLISHING!!!
Note
Prologue
¶One
¶Two
¶Three
¶Four
¶Five
¶Six
¶Seven
¶Eight
¶Nine
¶Ten
¶Eleven
¶Twelve
¶Thirteen
¶Fourteen
¶Fifteen
¶Seventeen
¶Eighteen
¶Nineteen
¶Twenty
¶Twenty One
¶Twenty-Two
¶Twenty Three
¶Twenty Four
Epilogue
i have a youtube channel

¶Sixteen

1.9K 410 44
By Olanmaa_

Peep the new book cover guyss... That's all my work! Lol idk why I'm so excited about it. But yeah just had to drop that there.

Dedicated to OnuohaBlessing (I was thinking about how terribly inconsistent I am and I remembered her for some strange reason unbeknownst to me and I decided to write again.)

***

School the next day was a struggle for me. I was among the first people to get to school because my mom had a meeting at work so she dropped me off very early. 
I sat down in my class alone, grateful that none of my classmates were around and tried my best to mentally prepare myself for the inevitable.

Charity would be starting school today. My half-sister Charity would be starting school today.

"Adaeze you're early to school,".

I lifted my head up from my desk and I was face to face with Ejiro.

I felt my heart pick up pace as I stared at him, we hadn't talked since last week and I didn't know how to act.

"We haven't talked since last week and yesterday you left the class crying, are you okay?" he asked, sitting down in Grace's chair.

God why is he sitting so close? Can he shift?

"I'm okay, I just had period mood swings yesterday," I lied.

"Oh," said Ejiro.

"Yeah," I said, feeling awkward. The air between us was so weird.

"So erm... Amina is having a party on Friday for her birthday and she asked me to invite you," he said. "It's at her house,".

"Okay, I'll be there if I'm free," I replied. "Sorry, please I need to go to the bathroom if you don't mind," I immediately added when I noticed he was about to speak again. I wasn't ready to talk to him quite yet, I needed my space.

He looked crestfallen.  "Oh, okay then, I'll see you later yeah?"

I just nodded and made my way out of the class.

God please let today just be over.

***

"Good afternoon students," greeted our class teacher after we had greeted her.

"You can all sit down," she said, and everyone sat down.

It was the beginning of third period and I hadn't seen Charity neither had I heard anyone talking about any new girl resuming school.

Grace was absent and I was both happy and sad about that.

"So class, we have a new student who'd be starting school with us today?"

Almost immediately, as if they were following a script, everyone in the class started talking.

"New student keh by this time?"

"I sha hope it's a fine boy, Amina has already bagged Ejiro,".

"I know say the person's parents get money that na why she dey resume by this time,".

I already knew who was coming and that was enough to scare me. Calm down Irene, she won't know you're her father's daughter too.

"Please let's all endeavour to make Miss. Charity Ijeomah feel welcomed, Miss. Charity please come in," said our teacher. Everyone's eyes were aimed towards the door and as Charity came in, you could hear collective murmurs of approval and jealousy.

One word that'd describe Charity's appearance was stunning. Undeniably and irrevocably stunning.

She had the longest natural hair I'd ever seen which she wore in shuku. Her skin was very dark, with the brightest pink lips, honestly she was beautiful.

More beautiful than I could ever be.

"Okay so enough looking, Ms. Charity go sit down in that seat there," said our class teacher pointing at Grace's seat.

Charity and I made eye contact and for a lingering second it actually felt like we knew each other and almost immediately that moment passed and she just smiled at me as she made her way to Grace's seat.

***

Immediately it was break time, I attempted to stand up and rush out of class but Charity must have known that was my plan because she immediately put a palm on my arm.
"I'll follow you wait for me," she said with a smile. Why was she always smiling? 
But I didn't refuse, it wasn't like she knew we were stepsisters and she seemed like a genuinely nice person.

We made small talk on the way to the cafeteria. When we got to my usual spot, Bolade, Edwards, Marcus and surprisingly Grace were already seated. "Grace you're in school?" I asked, shocked to see her. Why wasn't she in class then?
"No oh, I'm at home, be there asking jamb question when you can clearly see with your eyes," she said in a harsh tone.

"Ahn ahn, are you guys fighting?" asked Bolade. "Ask her," Grace said, glaring at me before shaking her head and turning to face Charity.

"You're the new girl Charity abi?" she asked.

Charity nodded. "Gist travels fast in this school," she said laughing and Grace and the boys smiled at her.
I felt slight tug of jealousy but tried to ignore it.

***

Everyone liked Charity immediately. She wasn't hard to like. She had a bubbly personality and seemed to know a lot about everything so she could always find a topic to discuss with anybody. Before the second break arrived, she had already moved seats and was now sitting with Amina and friends. It irritated me to no end that she sat with Amina but at the same time I was glad she was gone. 

We were currently having a free period and the class was rowdy so I just put my head down to get some sleep.
Someone tapped my shoulder and I felt frustrated almost immediately. I lifted up my head and then saw that it was Grace. She looked solemn.
"Let's go outside and talk," she said. Knowing her, I could tell she was trying to appear tough but deep down something was bothering her.
I nodded my head and stood up, recently I hadn't told her alot. From hanging out with Damien after Muyiwa didn't make it, to this whole stepsister issue. She's my best friend and it didn't feel right to keep all this from her.

***

When we got to the garden we found a bench just near where Damien had held me only a day ago. My heart skipped a beat and I felt uncomfortably warm at the memory of his arms around me. I felt myself starting to blush so I shook my head and faced Grace.
"I'm sorry for acting one kind today at break," she said. "But also I just want to let you know that you've been annoying, it isn't fair that I'd tell you what bothers me but you wouldn't bother to do the same, a friendship is a relationship and just like any relationship, communication is key, and you haven't been communicating and I don't like that," Grace said, looking at me straight in the eye.

It's honestly so fascinating how she doesn't stutter over words when she expresses her emotion.

"I'm sorry too, it's just that," I started and then told her why I left class yesterday and didn't talk to her after school. I explained the incident in the principal's office and I told her about my dad and who Charity was and how I didn't tell my family because I didn't see the need.
Unlike when I explained to Damien, I wasn't bawling my eyes out but just like with Damien, I felt better having someone to rant to.

"Wow," was Grace's first reaction.
"I swear, it feels like I'm living the life of one of those telenovelas," I said with a sigh.

"I think you should tell your family Adaeze, it isn't right that they don't know about this," Grace said.

"I can't do that, he doesn't care about us, he doesn't care about my mom, he has a daughter my age Grace! That means he was cheating on my mom during their marriage, how can I tell my mom that?" I said, frowning in frustration.

"How do you know he doesn't care? How are you sure he never tried to come back throughout these years? I'm not saying cheating is right? But you're his child just as much as Charity is, I'm sure he cares," Grace said, being ever optimistic.

I suddenly remembered weeks ago, when Grandma had said dad had come to the house. I refrained from telling Grace that information so I just sighed instead.

"Fine, I won't pressure you," she said.

"Tell me something else, hoed Muyiwa?" she asked. A small smile formed on my lips.

"We have a date this weekend," I said.

"You're lucky, you've already bagged an ss3 boy," she teased, nudging my shoulders lightly.

"I haven't bagged him abeg," I said laughing. "Yet," I added with a grin.

Grace and I laughed and went silent, lost in thought.

"I wish this stupid Marcus boy would actually ask me to be his girlfriend already," she said groaning in frustration.

"I know he likes me and I think he knows I like him, so what is he waiting for?" she asked.

I looked at her and felt almost convinced that Marcus didn't know she liked him back. Sure they had kissed but Grace had a way of being so emotionless most times that it was hard to understand her.

"I have a feeling he doesn't think you like him or at most he isn't sure," I said.

Grace eyed me. "How can I kiss someone that I don't like? Hian!" she said rolling her eyes.

"Madam incase you haven't met yourself, you're very difficult and I'm sure you've been avoiding him since the kiss and I'm sure if he texts you, you delayed texting him back because too much emotions at once make you uncomfortable," I said observing her reaction.

I watched her ponder over my words. " Well, I left his last message on read after he texted me the day we kissed," she admitted slowly.

"Jesus Christ!" I exclaimed and slapped her shoulder.

"What's wrong with you joh?!" she said, rubbing her shoulder.

"No wonder. He probably thinks you dislike him or something, how can you leave him on read??? Grace?? Haba na, are you sure you have sense like this?" I asked.

She eyed me further but I could tell she was understanding what I was trying to say.

"If I were you I'd tell him sha, but then I'm not you, so it's your choice," I said.

She didn't say anything but she nodded.

***

Hey loves, it's been a while. I had to make sure the girls were on good terms first before proceeding to the drama ahead.

We're almost at 8K!!!!! Wuuttt!!! Love you guys bunches. xoxo

QOC- would you tell someone you like that you like them?

PLEASE SHARE/RECOMMEND TO YOUR FRIENDS AND ALSO COMMENT BECAUSE I LOVE TALKING TO YOU GUYS.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.8K 23.4K 70
(BOOK THREE) Then the saga continues. Known to be the best elite school in Nigeria. To others, it's heaven prepared and made for students. A spoken...
44.2K 10.2K 55
Nsikan isn't just our cliché high school girl. In fact, she's as normal as they get. An average look, an average brain, and an average way of reasoni...
59.1K 2.9K 8
She was sassy with zero tolerance issues, easily pissed off yet fun to be with, beautiful and soft-hearted..he didn't want to believe he was falling...
4.7K 2.1K 10
A TEEN SHORT CHRISTIAN FICTION Raised by a single Christian mom, Fiyinfoluwa has always hated the fact that her mom always made her attend church fel...