Forsaken By Sword (On-Hold)

By Phantom_Foxx

Y/N,a knight of Seiros fighting unending battle that left him life threatening wounds but as his finally brea... More

Character Development and Prologue
Chapter 1 - The choice
Chapter 2 - First day of teaching and laziness
Chapter 3 - The dagger is better than the sword
Chapter 4 - The Fallen knight back in action
Chapter 5 - Becoming One
[closed]Author's question!
Chapter 6 - The meeting
Update!
Chapter 7/1 - A Chilling Day
Chapter 7/2 Close calls
Chapter 8 - Finally,a Day off
Chapter 9 - Supports and class change?
Chapter 10 - Old wounds
Chapter 12 - Actual Lesson and tea
Fliter - Y/N's Birthday
Chapter 13 - Story time
Chapter 14 - Sword of the Creator
Chapter 15 - Uncomfortable
Halloween Event
Chapter 16 - Maybe a recruit?
Chapter 17 - First beast...
Chapter 18 - Missing but duties...
Chapter 19 - More Training
Christmas Event!
Chapter 20 - Found
Chapter 21 - Something to prepare for!
Chapter 22 - Little problems... and drunk one
Chapter 23 - A wild stratgy
Chapter 24/1 - Unexpected
Chapter 24/2 - A Goddess's Tears
Chapter 25/1 - Recruiting Season!
Chapter 25/2 - More Eagles
Chapter 26 - A Dark Abyss
1K Special Chapter
Chapter 27 - Surface versus Underground
Chapter 28 - An Icy feeling
I'm Sorry..
Chapter 29 - Deals upon Deals
Chapter 30 - Air
Chapter 31 - A Old Face
Chapter 32 - Ifs

Chapter 11 - A Friend

2.8K 58 63
By Phantom_Foxx

A/N - The picture has nothing to do with this chapter but why not!

F/N- First name

L/N- Last name

Y/N- Your name

H/C - Hair color

E/C - Eye color

Thoughts- Italic and apostrophe or at random now

Locations- Bold

The Monastery

Y/N Pov

Today would be the day of our mission and finally I'm back on the battlefield,Tanto has been hungry for blood even with the tiny bottles of blood I feed it. It doesn't seem to like it very much so I'm guessing that it wants... Fresh blood...

I was walking around as I noticed some students would shiver or be scared of me after I walked past them and I think why  they are acting like this has to do with Tanto,I decided to test it out.

' Where is Byleth..? '

I wandered around the area as I spot her in the market place probably renting some troops and I went over to her,others around me would get defense or just the normal scared.

Y/N: Byleth!

Byleth: Hm?

She turned around and I knew she could felt the aura I was giving off but I seen her smile at me which made my aura least blood thirsty.

Byleth: What's with the aura? Scared?

Y/N: Scared!? I'm the most strongest person in our group!

Byleth: Keep talking yourself that!

I looked at her and she just pats my head.

Byleth: You know,I'm the strongest one.

Y/N: You wanna test that theory?

She smirked at me as her fingers touched my chin and I blushed a little.

Byleth: Maybe we should test it.

Yoko: Man... She got some moves!

Y/N: ... A-anyway! What is the mission?

She looked back to the troops and crossed her arms.

Byleth: A Lord named Lonato has rallied troops against the Holy Church of Seiros and a vanguard unit from the Knights of Seiros is already on its way to his stronghold,Castle Gaspard.

Y/N: ... Alright,guess we'll be sent to deal with the aftermath of the battle...

She nodded and I rubbed my head as Tanto's little aura disappeared,guessing it was caused because it heard we'll be out on the aftermath.

Byleth: You should get ready yourself before we leave.

Y/N: Will do!

I was ready to walk away until I felt her hand on my shoulder and I looked at her.

Byleth: Meet up at the gate

I nodded and walked all the way to my room,putting on my gear while getting Tanto ready for some of my tricks but-

' Lord Lonato... That idiot,why would he stand up against the church!? He knows he'll just get killed now! '

Yoko: Y/N,you knew this lord?

Y/N: *sighs*He was the one who gave me my outfit as a gift but... He also told me to watch out for Rhea and don't trust her...

Yoko: Oh... I see your memories with him now

I finished putting on my armor and grabbed my weapons as I sighed before leaving for the main gate.

- Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Y/N fishing with Chibi Byleth -

Magdred Way

Y/N pov

We were walking along the aftermath of a battle with a unit of Knights accompanying us and I noticed the knight who was leading us as she took a glance at me for a moment.

???: You... Are you Y/N L/N?

Y/N: Yes that would be me!

She walked up to me and offers a handshake towards me.

Catherine: I'm Catherine,the wielder of Thunderbrand and I heard alot about you.

Yoko: Sounds like a cereal brand! Wonder if it's actually goo-

' Shush! '

I accepted the handshake and she had a great grip as I just smirked.

Y/N: That's a great grip,it means you're good in sword combat and ain't easily letting the blade slip out of your hands.

Catherine: You can tell that much? Are you some secret mage or something?

Y/N: Maybe... Maybe not!

I heard footsteps approaching us both and I turned to see Byleth along with Hubert and Edelgard.

Hubert: No matter how powerful our enemies may be,there is no need to worry so long as we're with Catherine,the mighty wielder of Thunderbrand.

' ... It really does... '

Yoko: Right!?

Byleth: Thunderbrand?

Catherine: You mean you don't know?

She looked at Byleth with some shock but takes out Thunderbrand and shows it to us.

Catherine: My weapon is called Thunderbrand. It's one of the Heroes' Relics. A long,long time ago,the goddess bestowed divine weapons upon 10 heroes,which were passed down to their descendants.

I felt Tanto's bloodthirst once again forcing me to smell the blood and I just looked at the blade as Catherine continued.

Catherine: It's an honor to wield,but I'm afraid there won't be any chance for that today. Our mission is to help clean up the aftermath,not to fight.

Hubert: One must wonder why Lord Lonato would incite such a reckless rebellion.

Catherine: It all goes back to the Tragedy of Duscur...

I let them talk as I started to walking ahead instead of standing by and the scent of fresh blood got strength but it slowly subsidized for some reason.

Y/N: .... Why did the scent go away...?

Yoko: The fog may be messing it up?

Y/N: No... The only time-

I noticed alot movement through the fog and I seen some type of armor,it belonged to Lord Lonato's kingdom.

Y/N: Damn... That's alot...

I rushed back to the others and they all looked at me.

Y/N: Lonato's army is approaching and I think we can't avoid them,they may be in larger numbers than we thought as they may have used the fog to slip past our perimeter.

Catherine: It looks like our mission just changed,Professors. Everyone,prepare for battle!

We all got ready for the worst as we may be outnumbered but I just took out Tanto in one and wielded my sword in the other. The fog surrounding the area really didn't help our case at all and we barely could see through it.

Catherine: With this fog,it's impossible to tell where the enemy might be... Or how many of then there are. The enemy could be trying to surround us,but they shouldn't have enough soldiers to form a tight circle.

' The circle may be a worry but the fog is the biggest problem... '

Catherine: Take down anyone who breaks through the fog,and let's push through!

I had the strong scent of fresh blood,Edelgard seems to smell it as well.

Edelgard: That smell... It's fresh blood. It seems the battle has already started within the fog.

Y/N: Correct... We'll probably see some friendlies but remember to not hesitate!

I started walking slowly towards the fog with everyone slowly following me,they watched for anything as some militia jumps out of the fog.

Militia: Died! For my lord!

Y/N: Idiot...

I smirked as I jumped back from the attack and before the guy could attack again,I rushed him with Tanto and my sword stabbing the guy through the chest.

Militia: Agh!

I watched the life drain out of his eyes and Tanto's blade covered in blood as I just kicked them off of my sword.

Byleth: That's... New...

Edelgard: Y-Y/N...

Linhardt: He just killed that person without hesitation...

Caspar: That's why I fear him...

Ferdinand: Didn't know he was that deadly.

Dorothea: Seems like he's heartless on the battlefield...

Petra: A true warrior on the field...

Yoko: Holy shit! What the fuck was that!?

I chuckled while Tanto absorbs the blood of the fallen militia and my E/C slowly turning crimson red.

Y/N: Let's this over with!

I rushed ahead of everyone as they tried to stop but I didn't care for the moment.

Byleth: Y/N!

Y/N: I'll clear the path! Just follow me!

Yoko: Okay,we're getting reckless here!

' Reckless comes with my package! '

I spotted some militia who rushed towards me but I just cut them down like they were nothing and they are nothing to me.

Catherine: Seems like he's clearing it up for us and I think he'll need some help!

Everyone followed after me but Catherine and Byleth were the fastest,I was cutting down militia left and right. I had my back turned towards one soldier who took the chance and rushed towards me with their blade ready.

Militia: Die monster!

I won't reaction fast enough to dodge it and they were about to slash me but Catherine jumped in the way,blocking the hit with Thunderbrand.

Catherine: Shouldn't be on your own!

The soldier's sword was struck before they could move,Byleth come out of the fog and stabbed them through the chest then pulled out the blade.

Militia: Lord Lonato... Don't die...

They fell into the ground and I turned to the two woman who just protected me,I sighed.

Y/N: Thank you both,but we still need to deal with Lonato...

Catherine: I think I got this but I won't mind you helping out!

I nodded towards Catherine but I could feel jealousy from Byleth and I looked to her.

Y/N: You got the students!

Byleth: Okay!

Me and Catherine walked towards the destroyed ruins as we see two knights who got ready for us both.

Her relic sparks with red electricity and she ran ahead of me,jumping into the air as she sends electricity at one knight. I ran at the other who didn't know who to fight but it was too late as my sword pierced their armor and then their chest,I let them fall to the side while we both continued.

Lonato: It's you... Thunderstrike Cassandra!

The fog cleared up and I looked at Lonato who stared at me in shock,I sighed.

Y/N: Hello friend...

Lonato: Y/N... Why do you side with the one who killed my son!

Y/N: I'm truly sorry for Christophe's death... But,you stand against the church so we shall cut you down...

Lonato: Heh! I should have knew you would fell to their hands,my old friend!

' I haven't my friend... '

Catharine: You shall face Knights of Seiros!

Lonato: The fog has cleared. There's nothing left to hide you or the filthy Central Church from the judgment of the goddess!

Y/N: Fools... I'll cut you down myself!

I rushed towards the soldiers who guard Lonato as Catherine follows after me and they do block me but she jumps into the air striking down them with electricity.

Y/N: I ask for the blessing of blood...

I held Tanto over my sword as it's blade is covered by blood and I looked at Lonato.

Lonato: The goddess of blood... You have fallen that low...

Catherine: I'll let you have his kill,Y/N.

' I was hoping for that... '

I rushed towards him once again as the other soldiers blocked the way and Catherine just took them down. I stood in front of Lonato who looked at me with disappointment in his eyes and I just took a deep breath,rising my sword towards him.

Y/N: May the-

Lonato: Better man win-

Y/N: This duel of blades...

W rushed at each other,our swords clashing and I just kicked him away as we both glared at each other. I took out one of my daggers and thrown it straight for him,he blocked it but just as he looked I was right there before he knew it and thrusted my sword straight into his chest.

Lonato: ... My friend...

He dropped his sword as he fallen back but I caught him and laying him down on the ground,kneeling down next to him.

Y/N: I'm sorry for Christophe's death... My friend

Lonato: *chuckles*It isn't your fault but that accursed woman...

I grabbed his hand as he held my hand and I just took off my helmet,leaning in close.

Y/N: I'm still on the side of good and haven't betrayed you but... This must be done.

He looked at me with a smirk.

Lonato: Then you better bring that accursed bitch to hell....

I smiled as his grip slowly disappeared and his hand fell onto the ground while his eyes were still opened. I seen a note into his other hand as I took it and closed his eyes then stood up.

Y/N: May you rest well,my friend...

I walked back to the others with the note and seen everyone waiting for me.

Caspar: Damn it! It was all so pointless. I've never seen so many people utterly heartbroken...

Ferdinand: Forcing innocent citizens to risk their lives... That man was not a noble,but a monster.

Hubert: What could have pushed Lord Lonato to this point?

I heard what Ferdinand holding myself back from just punching the poor student and kept walking.

Edelgard: Everyone was a bit shaken by the militia fighting alongside our enemies.

Y/N: That is what you call some good people...

Byleth and Edelgard turned to me.

Y/N: I... Knew Lord Lonato and he was a good man... His people were treated right and he had their loyalty,meaning some would die for him.

Byleth: It is the reality of battle as well.

Edelgard: If only everyone could face reality so unflinchingly. So those who allied with Lord Lonato believed they were fighting for a just cause.

' I would say it was a just cause... '

Edelgard: It would be disrepectful to conside them simply victims when they died for what they believed in. Still,we have no choice but to eliminate those who cling to unreasonable ideas of justice.

' and that's what worries me at night sometimes... '

Yoko: Understandable...

Edelgard: Even if our enemies are the gods themselves... We must never lose sight of our goal.

Y/N: I agree

Byleth: Isn't that a bit too far,you two?

Edelgard: Is it? Such a day may come,whether you expect it or not. You should be ready.

Y/N: And I kinda want to fight a god myself!

Edelgard: Really,I'm just like Lonato. I,too,will be sort of ruler who's willing to risk the lives of my citizens in service of a higher cause.

I hit Edelgard right on the head and she looked at me confused.

Y/N: Then you would become the ruler who sits around while your army fights the war,you shouldn't ever think like that again! If you want to become a ruler who everyone knows is kind but strong,you'll be on the frontlines and sometimes risking it all for your citizens even if it mean it is reckless.

Edelgard: But it's not possible to change the world without sacrifice. Dying for the greater good is not a death in vain.

Y/N: It makes you seem like you're heartless and willing just to ruin one life over another.

Edelgard: Then,won't you risk your own life for millions if it means they'll be safe?

Y/N: Yes-

Edelgard: You're contradicting your own argument in the end,sacrifices will be made at the times for the greater good.

Y/N: Then what happens if there is no greater good!? Where's the humanity in killing one life because it's for the 'greater good'!?

Both glared at each other and Byleth just got between us both as she hits us both on the head.

Byleth: You two are over thinking yourselves let's just leave this argument at this,you're both wrong and you both need to look at it in another light.

I sighed and Catherine approached us three as she took the note from my hand which I totally forgot about then reads it.

Catherine: What is this? ... This incident has become far more serious than anticipated...

Y/N: What?

She shows us the note and it's a plan to assassinate Lady Rhea.

Yoko: Maybe instead of arguing with Edelgard,you should've read it!

' sorry! I forgot about it! '

Catherine: Seems like we'll have to see who sent it but the content is too disturbing to ignore. We must report this to Lady Rhea right away,I hope that it's nothing...

' Yeah... I ain't see her... '

- Timeskip brought to you by a Younger Chibi Y/N and Chibi Lonato talking to each other -

Outside of the Audience Chamber

Y/N pov

I stood outside,waiting for Byleth and remembered Lonato's last words before he died including our duel as it just made me smile a bit.

Yoko: His death is still on your mind?

' Yeah... It just fucking bothers me... I could have saved him but Catherine was still nearby... If the fog was still ther- '

Yoko: I know... I know,you could saved him if the fog was still there but-

I see Yoko take form right in front of me and holds me close as I somewhat clingy but I accepted it.

Yoko: I know,you can get through the pain of lose... And if you need to cry. Please do just ask for me anytime and I'll be there.

Y/N: .... Thank you Yoko...

I heard heels coming towards the doorway and Yoko quickly disappears as Byleth turned the corner.

Y/N: Hey! How did it go?

Byleth: We'll be extra security on the day of the Goddess's Rite of Rebirth and watching out for anyone who looks dangerous.

Y/N: As well of who could assassinate Lady Rhea

Byleth: *nods*Yeah

Y/N: Alright! Let's get ready for that day!

Byleth: Yeah!

I walked off but Byleth stood there for a moment and rubs her arm as she remembered how I looked when I got back from killing Lonato. My eyes were kinda empty but as soon I seen them,it changed really quickly.

" Will you be okay after that,Y/N...? "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N - Nice chapter! And I really didn't think I would do well on the battling thing in the end!

Yoko: Still fun though!

A/N - Wait!? How did you get out!?

Yoko: Magic! Later everyone!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.2K 345 24
A collection of one-shots pertaining to FE3H. They don't always have something to do with romance, just FYI. ~•~ I tend to make a few grammatical err...
52.2K 751 19
in the monastery they being Heard rumors about a new transfer student would Join the house either black Eagle,blue lion and Golden dear, but when the...
941 66 11
There's not enough Byleth x reader. Cuz, hes a pretty cool character. If I am gonna write another very late fe3h fic, maybe dimitri or ashe. "Profes...
7.6K 263 33
Requests: OPEN! Hello, and welcome to my one-shot book! Have you ever wondered what would happen if you were with Jean when his village was raided? O...