Complete Me

By goldmelanin17

[COMPLETED] Ava Spencer, a young woman struggling to find a job and pay off her student debt decides to becom... More

Introduction
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
Epilogue
1 million!

8

249K 8.7K 9.7K
By goldmelanin17

Chapter Eight| Ava

My eyes flutter open and my eyes widen when I feel a weight on my chest and arms around my waist. I look down and see Kaden literally cuddling me like I'm about to disappear, his head rests on my chest and I smile at how cute he looks.

I run my fingers through his hair which makes him moan a little but he's still asleep.

The bedroom door slowly opens and Lily peaks her head through the gap, while clutching on to her teddy bear. "Avey!" She smiles once she sees me. Lily runs over and I help her up onto the bed, I struggle a little because of Kaden practically laying on top of me.

"Daddy is squashing you." Lily giggles and lays next to me, her head resting on my pillow.

"He is." I smile back.

"Nanny and grandad want to see you." My heart starts to race at the thought of meeting Kaden's parents.

"N-now?" I raise my eyebrows and she nods.

"I told them you are nice, don't worry." She gets up and climbs off of the bed and then holds her hand out for me. I slowly pull away from Kaden, earning a groan from him and then he flips over and continues to sleep.

"I look bad, Lily." I whisper and then look down at Kaden's large t shirt that luckily falls bellow my knees. I quickly throw on a pair of Kaden's joggers which I find — I roll the waist quite a few times and even then they still don't fit.

"You look pretty, Avey. Like a princess." She smiles brightly and then pulls me out of the bedroom and downstairs towards the kitchen.

We enter the kitchen and I smile when I see Kaden's parents.

"This must be the famous, Ava. My name is Gina and this is my husband Antonio." His mother smiles brightly at me and pulls me into a hug.

"Hello." I say awkwardly, making her giggle.

"Kaden talks about you so much on the phone. So you're his girlfriend, sì?" His father walks over to me and hugs me.

I pull away and shake my head, they both frown, including Lily.

"We are just friends." I give a tight lipped smile.

"So friends just go on romantic dates and then cuddle each other in bed." My eyes widen at Gina's comment.

"H-How do you know that?"

"My gorgeous granddaughter is our little spy." Antonio picks Lily up, making her squeal.

"I spy!" She says and giggles after.

"Where is my son by the way?" Gina furrows her eyebrows.

"Right here, Mama." I turn around and see Kaden standing at the kitchen entrance, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"My baby." She walks over to him and pulls him into a hug, he has to crouch down a little so she can wrap her arms around his neck. "I'm so glad you've found yourself a woman to look after you and Lily."

My eyes widen and I look at Kaden who is smirking at me over his mother's shoulder.

"I've found an Angel. Haven't I Mama?" He pulls away and smiles down at her.

"Honey, we should get going our flight is in a few hours."

They've only been here a day.

"You're going back to Italy already?" Kaden frowns but Gina shakes her head.

"Your father is taking me to the Caribbean." She grins, clapping her hands in excitement.

"Oh right, how nice." Kaden playfully rolls his eyes and walks over to his dad and takes Lily out of his arms.

"You hungry princess?" He kisses her forehead.

"Nanny and grandad already made me breakfast." She smiles.

"I should probably go home." Kaden's head whips round to face me and he frowns.

"What?" He questions.

"I should probably go home." I repeat.

"Wait, you don't live here?" Gina frowns and I shake my head.

"I'm literally just Lily's babysitter." I awkwardly laugh and avoid eye contact with everyone.

This is getting really awkward.

I don't like it.

"Ava, let me talk to you." Kaden nods his head to the exit of the kitchen. He starts to walk out and I follow him until we reach his office, I enter and sit in the seat opposite his desk.

"What do you want to talk to me about?" I cross my arms over my chest.

"Why are you so in denial?" Kaden sighs as he sits on the desk in front of me.

"In denial of what?" I pretend to act clueless.

"Your feelings." He states bluntly.

"I'm not."

"Baby, you are. You know my feelings towards you are very strong and last night I could tell you felt the same and that it wasn't just the influence of alcohol." He walks over and crouches down in front of me. "Are you scared?"

I nod my head. "I've only ever had one relationship and it didn't end very well." I whisper and my eyes begin to water. "I really don't want to talk about it, Kaden." I whimper as I think about all the bad memories.

"Come here, Angel." He opens his arms up and I throw my arms around him. Kaden sits on the floor with his back against his desk and I crawl further onto his lap and bury my head into the crook of his neck. "I'm never going to hurt you." He whispers in my ear and kisses my cheek.

"Promise?" I mumble.

"I promise." He tightens his arms slightly around my waist.

After a couple minutes of silence, I decide to break it. "I've still got to go home." He releases a frustrated sigh.

***

"Message me tonight." Kaden tells me as I take my seatbelt off.

"Yes, Avey." Lily sings in the back of the car.

"I will don't worry." I smile and reach over to kiss him on the cheek. I turn around and face Lily. "See you later, sweetie."

"Bye Avey!"

"If anything bad happens, you call me!" I roll my eyes at his over protectiveness. "I mean it, baby."

"Yes, okay." I climb out of the car and wave at them before making my way into my flat building.

I open the front door and see Charlie sitting on the sofa watching tv with a frown on his face.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"Nothing. Did you have a nice date?" He mumbles, not bothering to look at me.

"It was amazing, I'm really starting to like Kaden so much. I got a bit drunk last night so I spent the night at his." I beam but I watch Charlie just roll his eyes. "What's your problem?" I stand in front of the tv and glare at him.

He looks up at me. "You really think that this guy is good for you, cause I sure don't." He crosses his arms over his chest and my blood starts to boil as he continues. "He is probably just using you."

"Fuck sake, Charlie, you're pissing me off. Why are you so against Kaden?! He has done nothing to you." He stands up and stares down at me in anger.

"Maybe because you deserve so much fucking better, but you're too fucking blind to see that!" He yells at me and I shrink back in fear. I've never seen Charlie this angry before. He sighs and rubs his face in frustration. "I'm sorry, baby." He goes to hug me but I step away.

"Don't fucking talk to me!" I storm over to my room and slam the door to let him know I'm annoyed with him.

A couple hours later I hear Charlie yelling at someone at the front door. I make my way out of my bedroom and walk over to the front door to see who he's shouting at.

"Ava, please, now is not the time." Charlie pleads, closing the door so I can't see anything.

"Listen I just want to know why you are shouting." I roll my eyes.

"Ava please!" He says in frustration.

"Charlie what is going on?" I throw my hands up.

"Is that my girl."

My blood runs cold.

💛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5M 310K 41
[COMPLETED] "Theodore?" He snaps his head back to me and gives me a small smile. "Where have you come from?" I repeat myself. "Bad people." He mumbl...
55.8K 1.7K 32
"Every bone in my body is begging me to devour you." He was just too close, clouding my senses and making my head foggy. "Every bone?" My voice was...
1.3M 37.4K 45
Joella Stevens is a straight A student and junior in high school. She's very sweet and soft spoken. Her mother has been dating for a while but she ha...
4.8M 219K 43
[COMPLETED] "One night." I whisper breathlessly as he begins to unbutton my blouse. "That's not going to be enough for me, baby. I need you longer t...