The Clichés of Trinity Academ...

By Olanmaa_

Trinity Academy is a school with it all. Amazing facilities. The good, the bad and the ugly teachers. Mean gi... More

REPUBLISHING!!!
Note
Prologue
¶One
¶Two
¶Three
¶Four
¶Five
¶Six
¶Seven
¶Eight
¶Nine
¶Ten
¶Eleven
¶Twelve
¶Thirteen
¶Fourteen
¶Sixteen
¶Seventeen
¶Eighteen
¶Nineteen
¶Twenty
¶Twenty One
¶Twenty-Two
¶Twenty Three
¶Twenty Four
Epilogue
i have a youtube channel

¶Fifteen

1.9K 395 12
By Olanmaa_

"Mommy, why isn't daddy back yet?" asked a seven year old me. Mommy looked out of the window and she looked sad.
"Daddy's coming baby coming girl, he's coming," my mommy had said.
I looked at Isaac who was in a corner reading a book, he was nine and he claimed he was smarter than me so he was always reading books to prove he was smart.
I stood up and went to mommy's side since Isaac didn't care and held her hand.
"Let's wait for daddy together mommy," I said.
My mommy smiled at me and she looked a little bit better.
"Daddy's coming home," mommy said. "Daddy's coming home,"she said repeatedly looking out the window.

Daddy didn't come home that night.

***

I couldn't believe my eyes. He still looked exactly the same. Tall, dark skinned and the brightest pink lips.

My skin crawled because he looked all too familiar.

"Good afternoon young girl," he said with a voice that lacked any familiarity whatsoever. My own father doesn't even recognize me.

I pried my eyes off him and turned to the principal, hoping the shock wasn't apparent on my features.

"Sir you sent for me," I said.

"Yes I did Adaeze," said the principal. I noticed my father stiffen on his chair at the mention of my name. So he remembers my name, but not my face. He doesn't recognize me, how will he when he left us for all these years.

"This is Mr. Ijeomah, he recently enrolled his daughter Charity in our school, she'll be resuming tomorrow and she's going to be in your class," continued the principal.

I didn't even know what piece of information to process first. The fact that my father is enrolling a daughter my around my age or the fact that the daughter is resuming this late.

"I've gotten good reports from your teachers about your academics so I'd like for you to ensure Miss. Charity will be comfortable, is that understood?" he asked. I nodded, feeling very light headed.

My father; it felt weird calling him that, looked at me again with a small smile. "My Charity is a very...what's the word...sensitive girl, please I apologize in advance for any brash things she does," he said. I stared at him, internally urging him to recognise me, but it was like looking into the eyes of a stranger.  He didn't know me. In his eyes I was probably just a girl bearing the same name as the daughter he left nine years ago.

He calls her his Charity. My father has a daughter my age. My age. Did he cheat on my mom before they got married? Did he always have a daughter during the times he called me his favourite child?
I needed to sit down.

"You can leave now Adaeze," said the principal.

***

I somehow managed to walk back to class without breaking down but I still felt lightheaded. Nothing was making sense at the moment.

Entering the class, I noticed our physics teacher, Mr. Efe, was already writing on the board. I quickly greeted him and made my way to my seat aware that all eyes were on me.
Our class girls were whispering as I sat down but I was too distracted to focus on what they were saying. It didn't even matter, because they couldn't possibly guess what was going on.

"Hey is all good babes?" asked Grace, the second I sat down on my seat. I simply nodded without making eye contact with her. I pulled up my bag and brought out my physics note to write. Grace kept on staring at me the whole time. God please can she not do this now? I don't want to cry.
She didn't stop staring even after I had started copying down the note. After a while I got frustrated and looked at her, "Grace what?"
That was definitely a big mistake because she immediately asked if I was okay and the moment that happened, I lost it. Tears started falling out of my eyes uncontrollable.
I nodded yes even though it was quite clear that I wasn't okay.
"Babes, what happened why are you crying?" she asked, her eyes widening at my tears.
That just caused more tears to fall out.
"What is going on back there?" asked Mr. Efe.
"Sir... Sorry, please can I be excused?" I asked in a shaky voice.
"Hia!"exclaimed Mr. Efe. "Please my class is not crying, if you want to cry, see the door," he said, pointing towards the class door. Nigerian teachers and their rubbish lack of sympathy sometimes.
I immediately stood up, ignoring all the eyes on me and walked out.
I prayed to God that Mr. Efe wouldn't let Grace follow me and made my way to the back door of the senior block, in order to escape to the garden to cry. The toilet would be filled with gossip mongers who liked skipping class and I didn't want my name circulating.

I managed to make it to the garden unsighted due to the fact that everyone was in class. The second I was outside, I immediately sat on the floor, leaning against the wall and cried.
Why? Why the hell was he back? And of all places my school? God why?
"Daeze is that you? Why are you out here crying?" asked the all too familiar voice of Damien.
I looked up and wiped my eyes immediately.
"Why aren't you in class?" I shot back, ignoring his question.
He eyed me with a frown on his face, "My chemistry teacher kicked me out because I kept sleeping off, she's boring, now why are you crying?" he asked, looking down at me.
Why couldn't you have picked a bench to sit on Adaeze?
"It's nothing," I said, wiping at my eyes again.
"I'm okay," I continued, forcing a smile.
Damien sat on the floor immediately and if I wasn't so shocked I would have moved away from his nearness.
He looked into my eyes and I looked back at him, trying not to show any weakness. Why won't he leave me alone?
He suddenly, without warning, put a hand on my face and wiped a tear I didn't know was dropping.
"What's wrong Adaeze?" he asked in a low voice. His hands felt so warm on my skin and I don't know if it was because his hand was on my face or if it was because he actually said my full name instead of that annoying nickname or if it was because I was already weak, but I found myself telling him everything.
I cried so much as I told him how dad had left when I was seven, I cried even harder when I told him about the mysterious Charity who is apparently my dad's daughter. And when I was through, Damien pulled me closer to him and let me cry on his shoulder.
He rubbed his hand against my back and somehow in his silence, I felt a thousand words of reassurance. Everything will be okay. You'll be okay. Just let it out.
And that was how we stayed, his hand on my back and my face on his shoulder, even when the bell rang to signal the start of a new period and even when the tears stopped.
It felt so good to finally tell someone about my dad and to feel like the person understood even if I was sure they didn't.

***

Immediately the bell rang to signal school was over, I left class and ran to take the first bus to avoid Grace's questions. I wasn't ready to tell just another person yet.
When I got home I saw mom's car parked in front of the house and I stopped briefly to stare at the car.
Should I tell them about dad? Should I tell them he has a daughter my age? Someone who'd be coming to my school?
I shook my head and tried to force those thoughts out. I didn't want to cry again.
"Irene we're all the parlor," called my mom the second I opened the front door.
I made my way there to greet her and grandma.
"Good afternoon mom, ehihie oma grandma," I said, bending down as I greeted.
"Oh so you can't greet me too abi?" asked Isaac.
"For what reason?" I asked, feeling a smile form on my lips.
"Mommy, you see how this small girl disrespects me abi? I said let me beat her small you will not allow," whined Isaac.
My mom smiled at him, "Better great your brother Irene," she said.
I rolled my eyes at Isaac. "Good afternoon mumu, how was your day?" I asked.

"MOMM!"

Grandma and mom laughed at him and I smiled as Isaac pouted in annoyance.

"Nwa m, are you okay? You look tired," Grandma said, looking at me.
Once again I briefly considered telling them about dad. But we're so happy without him now, and if he already has a daughter my age, he probably cheated on mom before they got married or during their first year of marriage. He doesn't deserve us.

"Yes Grandma, school was just stressful," I said.

She looked at me a bit longer and then nodded her head before turning to face the TV.

They didn't need to know.

OKOKOKOKKK!!! Sooo chapter fifteen is finally here even though wattpad wanted to try themselves.

What do you guys think about this chapter???? Let me know I'd really appreciate your comments.

Happy Sunday by the way loves.

PLEASE DO ENSURE YOU TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT THIS BOOK.
We're actually almost at 7k reads alreadyyy likeee that's so amazing!

Thank you all for the support and for bearing with my inconsistency.

Chapter 16 is dropping tomorrow and I can't wait for you guys to see all the plot twists I have in store.

Okay I'm done rambling now byeeee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 41.7K 70
"If I tell you I am in love with you, how will you react? " he leaned close to me. Hmm... I could faint, jump in excitement, cry, run away, hug him...
112K 19.2K 57
When Ruby James had failed her promotional examination in Benson college, she was advised to repeat the class but her parents didn't want that, so th...
60.7K 14.6K 66
UNEDITED READ AT YOUR OWN RISK "Listen Nne..." "No you listen to me, I went against my mother's instruction and advice on boys and relationships and...
302K 6K 53
She's the girl that I want to spend my life with. She's the one who's making me damn crazy. She's Darlene Michelle Miranda.