๐–๐€๐‘ ๐Ž๐… ๐‡๐„๐€๐‘๐“๐’ โŽฏโŽฏ ๏ฟฝ...

By -L0VELESS-

๐–๐š๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐‡๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ | โ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™ค๐™จ๐™ฉ ... More

WAR OF HEARTS
๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ !
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ด !
๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฉ !
๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ !
ACT ONE
I. NEW ORLEANS
II. FAKE SMILE
III. SOUND OF A BROKEN HEART
IV. EASIER
V. UNFORGETTABLE
VI. HESITATE
VII. BLACK VELVET
VIII. HOUSE OF WOLVES
IX. OUT OF THE BLUE
X. THE STRUGGLE
XI. RUNNING WITH THE WILD THINGS
XII. ANGEL ON FIRE
XIII. IN MY HEAD
XIV. DIVIDE
XV. RAISE THE DEAD
XVI. BACK HOME
XVII. GROW
XVIII. RUIN MY LIFE
XIX. I PREDICT A RIOT
XX. EMPIRES ON FIRE
XXI. AT GUNPOINT
XXII. PLAY GOD
XXIII. BAD GUY
XXIV. WICKED ONES
XXV. EVERYTIME
แด€แด„แด› แด›แดกแด๏ผ›๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ
XXVII. NIGHTMARE
XXVIII. CUT
XXX. HORNS
XXXI. FISTFIGHT
XXXII. FIRE
XXXIII. WITHOUT FEAR
XXXIV. DIFFERENT WORLD
XXXV. LOOK AFTER YOU
XXXVI. FIRE MEETS GASOLINE
XXXVII. AFTERLIFE
XXXVIII. LOST CONTROL
XXXIX. CRAZY TRAIN
XL. EASY
XLI. BONES
XLII. STRANGE BIRDS
XLIII. HELPLESS
XLIV. TORN
XLV. WASTE
XLVI. HEART IS BLACK
XLVII. WHITE FLAG
แด€แด„แด› แด›สœส€แด‡แด‡๏ผ›๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
XLVIII. WAITING GAME
XLIX. FREAK
L. WAITING ON THE CORNER
LI. UNHOLY
LII. TAKE YOU DOWN
LIII. A THOUSAND YEARS
LIV. AMAZED
LV. FANGS
LVI. TEETH
LVII. PAINT IT, BLACK
LVIII. GYPSY WOMAN
LIX. SALVATION
LX. DON'T CALL ME ANGEL
LXI. BAD DECISIONS
LXII. HEAVEN IN HIDING
LXIII. ALL THE GOOD GIRLS GO TO HELL
LXIV. AN EVENING I WILL NOT FORGET
LXV. HEAVEN
LXVI. PUT A LITTLE LOVE ON ME
LXVII. DEVIL IN ME
LXVIII. HOTTER THAN HELL
LXIX. GRAVE DIGGER
LXX. WAR OF HEARTS

XXIX. HIM & I

14.9K 326 105
By -L0VELESS-

―♡―
𝐖𝐀𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ - 𝘩𝘪𝘮 & 𝘪 ]

'he's out his head, i'm out my mind,
we got that love, the crazy kind'

♥♕♥♕♥

A few days had passed since the day Thea flipped the switch and regained her humanity, and ever since then the hybrid had been slowly learning how to cope with the guilt and pain she felt as a result.

Klaus, Elijah and Hayley had each been taking it in turns watching over her as if she was some fragile doll that would shatter at any given moment. However, in their efforts to make sure she was free of harm, they were slowly pushing her further away.

Whilst the hybrid was grateful for their support, she couldn't help but feel suffocated by their constant need to watch over her. Not that she could blame them, though. After all, the last time she had felt pain like this she had turned her humanity off and gone on a blood rampage.

Yet, Thea couldn't seem to rid herself of the self-loathing she felt at their incessant need to fuss over her. She felt as if she didn't deserve their love; their support. She'd openly forgotten about her children - chose to be selfish and shut everything out like a coward instead of just facing it head on.

She had killed innocent people - had blood so thick on her hands that she'd be able to fill a river. She'd become a monster, and yet, Klaus, Elijah and Hayley were all still showing her with support and love. And she loathed herself as a result of it.

It made her feel sick to her stomach. How dare she accept such affection when she had been the one to destroy so many innocent people. She had destroyed families - taken innocent lives out of selfish greed.

She'd switched off her emotions; completely ignoring that her own children existed and were depending on her to help them. And now, she was wasting everyone's time as they tried to help her instead of seeking ways to eradicate their enemies from New Orleans so that they could bring her children home.

She didn't deserve to be their mother. Not after the things she'd done. Not after the way she'd so carelessly forgotten about them.

Of course, she hadn't revealed her true emotions to either Klaus or Elijah, knowing it'd only cause them to be more neurotic in their ways of watching over her. They wouldn't let her out of their sight if they discovered she was in far more pain than she had ever been her entire life.

They'd continue to fuss over her whilst they put Hope and Kaiden on the back-burner and Thea wouldn't stand for it anymore. She couldn't afford to allow it to happen. She had already taken up far too much of their time as a result of her cowardice.

Her children deserved better and she wanted her babies home; in her arms as she vowed to never let them go again. So, she plastered on the brightest smile she could and rebuilt her guarded walls in order to lock her emotions tightly away from prying, concerned eyes.

She was no longer burying her head in the sand. Now more than ever Thea was willing to fight for her children; even if that meant her destruction.

♥♕♥♕♥

Hayley and Thea munched on an array of fruit and other breakfast foods as Klaus walked down the stairs, joining the two at the large table with a confused frown. The Lockwood teen smiled up at him as he placed his hand on her waist holding her close to him as if he were afraid to let her go.

Though he wouldn't admit it; the vicious words she'd spat at him in the alley that time still plagued his thoughts. Klaus knew that she didn't mean a word she had said and that she simply said them to hurt him - but he couldn't fight the paranoia that loomed over him that there may have been some truth to her words.

Even still, he fought the plaguing thoughts in his mind and simply enjoyed having his girlfriend back in her arms, His main focus right now was making sure Thea was alright and making sure all of their enemies were destroyed so he could bring his children back home - he didn't need to worry anyone with his insecurities.

After all, he was Klaus Mikaelson, he didn't have insecurities. "I know it's great to have me back and all, but don't you think you're going a bit overboard with the whole 'welcome back to reality' breakfast buffet?" Thea teased as she looked up at her soulmate, wrapping her own arms around his torso as he moved his to sit around her shoulder.

Hayley snorted from her seat at the head of the table as she looked at the soulmates with a raised eyebrow, "yeah, I wonder which restaurant's missing a compelled chef?" the wolf teased as she threw another grape into her mouth, earning a small chuckle from Thea as she Klaus shook his head.

"Whilst it's certainly a card I've played in the past, I had no hand in this..." the hybrid trailed as he looked from Thea to the food in front of them with a confused expression. Swallowing her food, Hayley looked back towards Klaus with a slightly apprehensive, shocked look, "hmmm, well then I guess we have Elijah to thank?" she asked just as Elijah entered the compound, joining them at the table.

"This wasn't my doing..." the older original denied as he too looked at the breakfast spread laid on the table with a rather confused expression. Suddenly feeling rather uncomfortable, Thea placed the rest of her muffin down as she frowned at both Mikaelson brothers, "then where the did all this come from?" she asked hesitantly as she dreaded the answer.

Just as she had finished, the silver lid on the platter suddenly began to rattle - startling both Thea and Hayley slightly as they both jumped in shock. Klaus tightened his grip on the Lockwood teen as if to ensure he had her, before letting go and moving uneasily towards the platter.

As he lifted the lid, two starlings flew up towards the ceiling causing the four of them to duck reflexively in order to avoid being hit. "What the hell was that?" Hayley huffed in frustration as she stood up straight, crossing her arms as she looked between Thea, Klaus and Elijah who all looked equally as confused.

Looking back down at the platter, Klaus reached for the invitation that was laid on the platter before opening it and reading its contents aloud, "dinner, your home, 8pm." Thea frowned as she looked at her soulmate who's jaw clenched and body became more still as he moved his gaze away from the note to Elijah, "an invitation from our mother."

♥♕♥♕♥

A little while later, Klaus was in the dining room making arrangements for the evening's dinner with a group of compelled caterers. One of the caterers gave him a choice between two different bottles of wine as Klaus tilted his head, studying them before looking back at the waiter, "skip the salad course. Let's not make this dreadful evening any longer than it needs to be," he stated before choosing a wine and dismissing the caterer.

"I still can't believe Esther had the audacity to invite us for dinner in our own home, and then have us plan it all," Thea commented with an annoyed frown as she walked into the dining room, her arms folded across her chest as she looked from all the caterers things up towards Klaus with a look of distaste. Klaus smiled as she entered, "well, that's our mother for you," he answered with a bitter tone causing the Lockwood teen to scoff.

"Speaking of which. Turns out Hayley's decision to let Oliver live paid off. He just informed us that your mother has a partner-in-crime...another witch," Thea informed her boyfriend as she leaned against one of the dining room chairs. Klaus rolled his eyes at the information, "building alliances in her quest to destroy us, I imagine," he replied anger lacing through his tone illuminating the hatred he had for his mother.

Thea frowned at the hybrid in concern; she was aware of everything Esther had done - how she had betrayed Mikael by having an affair with a werewolf. How she had turned all of her children into vampires after her youngest was slaughtered by the werewolves. How she had stripped Klaus of his werewolf gene and turned Mikael into a vampire hunter to hunt her children down and kill them.

She remembered how she had come back from the dead and pretended to reunite her family whilst secretly plotting their deaths. How she had tried to kill them, again, and stripped Thea and Klaus of their soulmate bond - that she created in the first place. How she had then tried to have her grandchildren murdered from beyond the grave.

And yet, Thea still had no idea why Esther had done everything she did. After all, she had made her children vampires out of love so she didn't have to lose any more of them - how could she have gone from wanting them to be safe for all eternity to wanting to see them all dead?

"Why does she hate you so much, Nik? She had six kids - it's not like she doesn't have the maternal gene," Thea pondered, looking towards her soulmate hesitantly as she was unsure of how he would react. "Seven, actually," Klaus corrected as he looked away from the brunette, focusing his gaze on the pile of napkins the caterer had left.

"And, I think at one time, she loved us all very much," the hybrid answered after a moment as he anxiously began folding the napkins on the table - completely overwhelmed by the topic of the conversation, "one died before I was born." Thea winced at the information, her expression turning into a grimace as she looked towards the hybrid, "I'm so sorry, Nik," the Lockwood teen stuttered in guilt, regretting bringing the whole conversation up.

Klaus shrugged his shoulders in response as he continued with his explanation as if he wasn't bothered - but, as always, Thea could see straight through him. "Years later, my brother Henrik was killed by the werewolves in our village. The loss of another child pushed my mother over the edge," the original continued as he folded the last napkin, "so, she used her magic to turn us into immortals. I think that's when she loved us the most. But it was her undoing."

As he continued, Thea could see the hurt displayed openly on his face causing her heart to ache at seeing him in such emotional pain. Rebekah, Elijah and even Kol had told her the story of how their mother turned them into vampires - but hearing it from Klaus was a lot harder for Thea to take. It was clear he felt betrayed and unloved by his own mother, and the fact broke Thea's heart completely. She vowed to never allow him feel such vicious, emotion ever again - she would give him the unconditional love and support everyone else in his life had neglected to give him.

"It triggered a sequence of events that led to the reveal of her long-held secret. My birth father was the werewolf whose pack killed my little brother. Of course, when Mikael found out, he murdered my real father, and so, my mother lost her lover, too," Klaus continued with a tone of resentment as he glared down at the table in front of him, refusing to allow Thea to see the weakness in his eyes.

Thea frowned, thinking over what she had been told about Esther in comparison to her own situation, "you know, I've never fully understood Esther – or cared much to give her the time of day. But, there's really no surprise she's crazy. I flipped the switch and went out of my mind having just given the twins away...I dread to imaging what would've happened if they'd actually died," the Lockwood teen stated, shaking the harrowing thought out of her head.

"You know, my siblings used to tell each other she didn't hate us – she hated herself for what we've become. I think they believed that even after she tried to kill us all," Klaus spoke up after a moment, finally lifting his gaze to meet Thea's. At the sight of his teary eyes, Thea made a step towards him, placing her hand over his to comfort him, "what did you believe?"

Klaus grabbed her hand in his tightly as he looked directly into her eyes, "I don't know. I just knew I wanted her dead," the hybrid revealed, his tone laced with bitterness and resentment. The two soulmates stared at each other for a long moment; Klaus basking in the comforting warmth Thea exuded as Thea attempted to find the right words to cheer him up.

"Well, every good story needs a wicked witch," Thea winked at him with a small smile, "it'll be all the more satisfying when we melt her," the Lockwood teen grinned wickedly causing Klaus to chuckle softly. The original nodded his head, smiling appreciatively down at the brunette before laying a loving kiss on her forehead as Thea grinned happily.

Though she still wasn't complete and in no way closer to moving past over all the agonising guilt she felt for what she had done – being wrapped in Klaus' warm, loving embrace healed her much quicker than vampire blood ever could. "I don't want you anywhere near this dinner or my mother tonight, little wolf," Klaus spoke up after a moment, his tone and expression stern as Thea simply scoffed in response.

"Your wretched mother and her disciples tried to pit a carving knife through out children's hearts. I will happily repay her the favour," the Lockwood teen stated, her glare defiant as she pulled away from the hybrid, crossing her arms across her chest as she dared him to disagree with her.

Klaus shook his head, refusing to give in to her demands, "No, Thea. The last time my mother was here, she kidnapped you and almost killed you. I won't let you be in harm's way, not again and especially not after everything you've been through."

Thea rolled her eyes in annoyance as she looked towards her boyfriend with an irritated expression, "I love you Nik, and I will always be eternally grateful that you want to protect me – but I am not some princess in a glass house," the Lockwood teen began. "I flipped the switch...I killed innocent people...but I have to be the one to learn how to cope and live with that. I won't spend any more of my time feeling sorry for myself, nor will I waste anyone else's time fussing over me when my children are out there waiting to be brought back home."

"As for your mother, I've killed her once before – I'll gladly do it again," Thea smirked as she let her arms drop, lifting one to grab hold of Klaus' as she looked lovingly into his eyes. "Nobody will ever come between us, Nik. It's you and me against the world," the brunette smiled up at him as Klaus nodded, seeming to melt completely under her gaze.

"Have I ever mentioned how in love I am with you, Thea Lockwood?" the original breathed as he pulled her closer into his embrace, wrapping his arms around her waist as hers found their way around his neck. Thea tilted her head to the side teasingly as she pretended to think, "once or twice perhaps, but it wouldn't hurt to hear it again," the brunette teased, her voice soft as she smiled adoringly at her boyfriend – truly happy for the first time in 5 months.

"I am so recklessly, unequivocally in love with you, little wolf," Klaus stated his tone stern as he looked deeply into her chocolate eyes causing Thea's breath to hitch in her throat. No matter how many times she had heard him say it, or how many times he had shown her he meant it; the sound of it leaving his lips still knocked her completely off her feet.

She was so recklessly head over heels in love with the man in front of her that she hated herself for ever attempting to push him away. She couldn't ever get enough of him – no matter how much he annoyed her or pissed her off, he was hers. All the bad. All the good. All the ugly parts of him he willed to keep concealed. Every part of him was hers as much as she was his.

Thea knew there was nobody else for her, every other love failed in comparison to what they shared. The fire burning between them grew hotter every single day – but both of them knew for certain that it would never burn out. It was raging, wild and completely untameable. Dangerous, perhaps, and could potentially destroy everything in its path.

Butit was theirs. And it would never, ever be broken or frayed. "As I am with you, Nik. Always and forever," Thea promised as she smiled up at him, agenuine, warm smile that conveyed just how truly happy the hybrid made her. Andthis time, her promise was truthful – because this time she had forever.Lifting her head up slightly, Thea sealed her promise with a passionate kiss; completelyletting go of all her worries and fears as she basked entirely in her and Klaus'love.

♥♕♥♕♥

Marcel was pouring a drink for himself at his bar in the loft when Klaus arrived with Thea by his side causing the younger vampire to sigh, "let me guess, you need a favour?" Marcel commented without turning to face them. "I'm paying for this one, I promise. There was a necklace I gave you a long time ago. It was a leather strap with a metal bird on the end," Klaus stated as he and Thea walked further into the apartment causing Marcel to sigh once again.

The soulmates waited for a moment as Marcel turned toward a nearby shelf, grabbing a small wooden box before turning to face them, "yeah, you gave it to me when I turned eleven," Marcel answered as he walked towards the soulmates with the box. Klaus looked taken-aback by his comment as he looked from Thea, back to Marcel with a shocked expression, "you remember?"

Marcel nodded as he stopped in front of the two, opening the box in his hand and revealing the necklace in question. "Mikael's back, Elijah's babbling on about family drama, and you're here looking for antique jewellery," Marcel started, holding the box out to Klaus who took the necklace inside it with a far-off expression on his face, "do I even want to know why you're asking for a necklace that your mother gave you?"

Thea looked towards the vampire, smiling weakly as she shook her head, "believe me, Marcel – you want no part in the latest chapter of the Mikaelson sprawling family saga," the brunette told him as the vampire nodded his head, smiling back at her. "Thank you for holding onto this," Klaus stated as he looked towards Marcel before taking Thea's hand once again as they both exited the loft, leaving Marcel watching after them, wondering what trouble they'd found themselves in now.

♥♕♥♕♥

"Marcel's witch is being held captive in the Quarter," the Marshall woman explained causing Klaus to scoff, rolling his eyes in annoyance. "Oh, perfect. Mother's already a step ahead, as usual," Klaus bitterly said as he and Thea came to a stop beside Hayley and Elijah.

"Oliver's with her. I'll go, and I'll get her to do the spell. But, I need the necklace," Hayley informed them causing Elijah to shake his head in refusal. "I don't like this whatsoever-" the original began before Hayley cut him off with a vicious glare, "no. You don't get to ignore me for days and then suddenly act like you're concerned, Elijah."

"Just, for once, please, will you trust me that I'll do something and it will get done?" the Marshall wolf pleaded with a stern tone as she looked towards the eldest Mikaelson. Elijah looked as though he was about to speak, but quickly closed his lips at the last moment as Klaus sighed, pulling out the necklace from his pocket before handing it to the wolf.

"Thank you," Hayley thanked the hybrid before turning on her heel to leave. Before she could however, Elijah called out to her, stopping her in her tracks, "wait." Hayley sighed, "I don't ca-" she attempted to say before Elijah interrupted her, "no, there's something else. A disciple of Marcel's was instructed to fetch another ingredient. Ask for Gia."

Hesitating, the Marshall woman looked from Klaus and Thea to Elijah before nodding, "okay." Sparing one last encouraging smile towards Thea, happy to finally have her back to her usual state, Hayley left the compound in search for Oliver. Thea sighed as she watched her leave before turning to Elijah, "what's going on with you two?" the Lockwood teen inquired with an accusing glare causing the original to sigh.

"Nothing," Elijah answered simply, earning a look of disbelief from both soulmates as they each raised an eyebrow. Realising they weren't going to accept his answer, the original sighed once again, "she's stronger. That's all that matters," Elijah told them, his tone dejected illuminating the sadness he felt before walking away from the pair of them.

♥♕♥♕♥

The Mikaelson brothers and Thea were wearing the fancy attire Esther had instructed them to wear as they prepared for dinner with the original witch in the dining room. Thea tucked a stray piece of her now curled brown hair behind her ear as she stood next to Klaus, awaiting Esther's arrival. The dress Thea was wearing was a long, pale yellow which she matched with a pair of soft gold heels.

"Are these outfits really necessary?" Klaus huffed in annoyance as Thea rested her head on his shoulder, attempting to soothe his stress as she reminded him, she would be by his side through it all. "Appearance is a way of showing respect, Niklaus. Mother will be more likely to surrender her true intentions," Elijah commented as he fixed his tie in the mirror causing Klaus to scoff.

"Well, I doubt her guard will drop just cause I'm dressed like a bloody lawyer," Klaus argued with his brother, annoyed that he had to dress so formally. "A rather hot, sexy, bloody lawyer," Thea corrected as she admired him dressed in his suit – her breath being completely stolen from her at how attractive her boyfriend was causing Klaus to smirk.

"We need every advantage we can get, Niklaus," Elijah told him as he lit the candles around the dining table as Thea nodded her head in agreement, "it's just one dinner Nik," the brunette added. Klaus looked between his brother and his girlfriend with an amused smile, "you two always have excelled in diplomacy. Just know, if she tries anything, I'll tear her new body to pieces," the hybrid warned them causing Thea to smile wickedly.

"There's my man," she commented, smiling devilishly up at her boyfriend as Klaus smirked down at her. Elijah sighed at the pair of them, feeling rather awkward but happy nonetheless that they'd managed to get back on the same page. Before he could say anything however, a man entered the room – laughing dramatically at their conversation, "you two haven't changed a bit!"

Klaus tensed, moving to stand slightly in front of Thea in order to protect her from any immediate danger as the man focused his attention on Elijah, "linens and silk to disguise your pathetic self-loathing," he commented before turning to Klaus. "And you – despite the arrogant façade, you're still the same paranoid little boy, full of hate and fear," the man mocked causing Klaus' expression to morph into one of anger and offence as Thea gripped his hand tighter to calm him.

"I had hoped you'd have come to your senses and found a way to escape them by now, Thea," the man finished as he focused his attention on the brunette who looked back at him in confusion, not having a clue who the stranger was. Elijah looked from his brother and Thea towards the intruding stranger with a look of confusion, "forgive me, I don't believe I've had the pleasure."

Feigning offense the man shook his head, "oh you mean you don't recognise me? So much for the unbreakable bonds of family, huh? Always and forever indeed," the man teased sarcastically. Klaus tensed as he realised what was happening, a scowl now illuminating his face as Elijah and Thea both remained completely in the dark, "it's been a long time, Finn," the hybrid greeted angrily.

Thea shifted her gaze from her boyfriend's to the man in front of them with a shocked expression as Finn simply smirked, spreading his arms out wide as he smirked in a typical 'Mikaelson' fashion, "now that the introductions are out of the way, lets eat!"

♥♕♥♕♥

Elijah poured Finn a glass of wine, which he smelled under his nose before turning back to his younger brother, "what an aromatic bordot." Thea sat next to Klaus, watching the newly arisen Mikaelson brother critically. She had always liked Finn; seeing the love he held within him even when everyone else so casually dismissed him – but there was something about this Finn that didn't sit right with her.

He was more bitter and resentful than the first time she'd met him, and she didn't like it. "Well, it was a challenge to find a good pairing. What wine goes well with treachery?" Klaus replied sarcastically causing Thea to reach out, placing her hand on his under the table to calm his nerve.

"Don't pout, brother. Tonight is meant to be a happy occasion," Finn informed his brother before he whispered something in one of the servers' ears, making Thea more suspicious. "What exactly are we celebrating?" Thea inquired as she leaned closer across the table, staring the Mikaelson directly in the eyes to show she wasn't afraid of whatever he and Esther had planned.

"Why, my return, of course. I thought of all people, you'd be happier to see me Thea," Finn commented with a mock pout causing Thea to roll her eyes. "Remember, I spent nine hundred years-," he began, looking at Klaus for confirmation, "right? – lying daggered in a box," Finn reminded them before focusing his harsh gaze on Thea, "and then your friends murdered me."

Thea shifted her gaze to look down at the table in guilt; it's not as if she had any part in their plan to kill Finn, but that didn't stop the guilt from chipping away at her. Klaus squeezed the hybrid's hand tightly in his own, offering her an encouraging smile as Thea nodded back at him appreciatively. "I 'm rather enjoying this body. Strolling about your lovely city that, uh, you've made your home," Finn began once again before taking a small sip of wine.

"But, do tell me – what'd I miss? Regale me with your contributions to society! Medicine? Philosophy? Art?" the older Mikaelson continued causing Klaus to roll his eyes in annoyance, already tired of the dinner thought it had barely started. "Or, have you two merely cut a path of destruction across time?" Finn finished, glaring at both his brothers causing Klaus to scoff.

"The last time we met, you were helping our mother try to annihilate the lot of us! Let's not throw stones in glass houses," the hybrid stated matter of factly just as the caterers placed another two plates, glasses and sets of silverware at the table causing Elijah to frown in confusion, "are we expecting another guest?"

Finn gestured at the other end of the table, "Mother, will sit at the head. And, as for the seat next to me, that's reserved for another of our clan. Care to wager an educated guess? How about a paranoid one?" the Mikaelson revealed causing Thea to gasp quietly in shock. "Kol," she uttered breathlessly, a smile resting on her lips as she thought about the wild Mikaelson being alive once again.

"There's no way Kol would listen to anything other than his ego," Klaus argued, looking rather sure of himself as Finn smirked in response. "And yet, our mother has made such a compelling argument that even he, the wildest of us Mikaelson's, has seen the error of his ways and accepted his new form with vigour!" Finn replied with a small smirk, causing Thea to tilt her head slightly as she pondered what he had said.

"Change, dear brothers, is inevitable," Finn told them causing Klaus to snarl in anger, standing to his feet as he glared at his brother. "You would dare face us as mortal? The only thing inevitable is your death," the hybrid snapped before throwing a knife at Finn. The older brother simply smirked, using his magic to deflect the knife so it embedded itself in the head chair instead.

"Oh!" Finn smiled as he removed the knife from the chair before looking back towards his brothers and Thea, "I suppose the honour of carving should go to the oldest. We have much to discuss," the older Mikaelson smirked as he began cutting the meat on the table, leaving Klaus, Elijah and Thea to look at him in shock and confusion.

♥♕♥♕♥

"I'm rather enjoying my evening," Finn commented as he took another sip from his wine causing Klaus to roll his eyes in annoyance. "Well, I'd rather enjoy you getting to the point," the hybrid commented as he was becoming increasingly frustrated with the situation as Thea placed a comforting hand on his leg under the table. Finn rolled his eyes as he placed his glass back down on the table.

"I had nine hundred years to learn to be patient. Although, I am curious why you kept me daggered in a box for so long," the older Mikaelson inquired as he looked towards his brother causing Thea to roll her eyes, growing more irritated with the man as the evening drawled on. "I'm beginning to wonder why Elijah even bothered removing the dagger in the first place," the Lockwood teen commented under her breath before taking a sip of her own wine.

Klaus smirked as he looked from his soulmate towards Finn, "you were daggered for being an ever-simpering sycophant. Did mother bring you back from the dead so you could wash her knickers?" Thea choked on the wine she was drinking as she attempted to contain her laughter at the hybrids remark, but the feat seemed impossible as she giggled quietly.

"She raised me because I was treated unfairly! Cheated of all but the smallest portion of my life!" Finn snapped, causing Thea to sigh; feeling ashamed for laughing when she knew all that Finn had suffered. The older Mikaelson turned to Elijah with a hurt expression as he pointed at Klaus, "Elijah, I can understand such cruelty coming from him. But I always thought of you as being the compassionate one!"

"What did I do to deserve you turning your back on me? Were you afraid of Niklaus? Are you still?" Fin inquired as Elijah remained staring in front of him, his expression blank as he remained unamused by Finn's words. "Or perhaps jealousy is what kept me locked in a box? You coveted the duties of the eldest brother, in which case, you had near on a millennium to fix the problems of this family, and instead, produce nine centuries of failure."

Finn realised his anger had gotten the best of him as he pinched the bridge of his nose with his thumb and stopped himself from furthering exposing his feelings to his brothers and Thea. The Lockwood teen looked up at the older Mikaelson in sympathy – every member of this family had been through such treacherous, emotional turmoil and yet, none of them were willing to stick together and share their similar heartache.

"You might reside – somewhat parasitically, I might add – in another body, but I assure you, in nine hundred years, your tedious sentiments remain quite the same," Elijah spoke up after a moment, breaking his silence. "You see, Finn, like father, you've always despised our supernatural existence. Father, of course, slaughtered and consumed his own, whereas you became pretentious and dull...much like this meal. I will not ask you again – where is mother?" Elijah added, causing Klaus to giggle, hiding behind his wine glass as Thea rolled her eyes at his childishness.

"Oh my darling son," a new voice spoke as Cassie, the newly risen Harvest witch entered the dining room causing Finn to stand to his feet immediately to greet her. "I've missed you too," Esther commented sarcastically as she looked towards Elijah before shifting her gaze across the table towards Klaus and Thea, "shall we begin?"

Klaus sighed in annoyance, "why don't you say what you came here to say, so this wretched night can end?" he inquired boredly as Esther sat down at the head of the table. "It pains me that you and Elijah look at me with such disdain. I wish you could see that my every action has been to protect you!" Esther retorted, her expression masked with hurt as she looked between Klaus and Elijah causing the younger of the two to scoff.

"You actually believe that, don't you? I knew you were a liar, but no I see you're utterly delusional," Klaus snapped angrily as Thea tightened her grip on his knee, glaring at the witch who sat at the head of the table in hatred. "If you can forget the hatred that you cling to and remember all the times I've mended and healed you-" Esther began before Klaus cut her off, laughing sarcastically.

With a desperate look, Esther turned towards Elijah pleadingly, "Elijah, do you recall the day Niklaus challenged your father to a duel? Did I leave your brother to die alone? What did I say, when you came to me and asked me to help him?" the witch inquired as Elijah sighed. "That you would rather die than to see any of your children suffer," the original responded as Klaus looked away, dazed as if he was remembering something before gasping in shock.

"The necklace," the hybrid muttered in horror as he came to a realisation, shifting his gaze towards his mother with an accusing glare, "it wasn't spelled to protect me. It made me weak." Esther held his gaze as she nodded her head, "I sought to protect you from yourself! If you had killed your father in that duel, or anyone else in the course of your life, you would have activated your curse!" the witch attempted to defend herself though Klaus just grew angrier.

Slamming his hand angrily against the table, Klaus glared at his mother in hatred and resentment, "you ruined me! You let me suffer at the hands of a father who valued only strength!" the hybrid spat bitterly; pain etched across his face as Esther shook her head in denial. "I kept you from becoming a beast for as long as I possibly could!" the witch corrected causing Thea to narrow her eyes at the woman, taking offence to her words.

"You lied to me!" Klaus shouted in anger, "to hide your own transgressions because of your own fear!" he snapped, slamming his hand against the table once again as he stood to his feet. "My whole life, I sought the approval I was denied by the man I thought was my father! You turned me into the weakling he hated," Klaus continued, pain etched upon his face causing Thea's heart to break as Elijah stood to his feet and began to pace anxiously.

Esther gulped before looking toward the table in guilt as Klaus glared at her, "look at me! You rant and you rave about the monster I have become, but you mother – you are the author of everything I am," he told her, his tone laced with resentment as he huffed in anger. With a flustered expression, Esther looked from each of her sons before she suddenly began gasping for breath.

Finn looked in slight alarm as Esther fainted, slumping over in her seat as Elijah managed to catch her before her head hit the table – looking at his brothers and Thea in shock. "She's gone," the original informed both his brothers and Thea in disbelief as he felt for a pulse before placing her head down softly on the table when he couldn't find one.

Suddenly, Elijah moved to attack Finn; however, before he could do any harm, Finn used his magic to push Elijah away – throwing his over the table and into the wall. Klaus scowled, vamp speeding towards Finn before grabbing him by the lapels. "Where is she?" the hybrid snarled, just as Finn blew on his fingers before rubbing them together using the same muscle-seizing spell he used on Oliver earlier.

Klaus fell to the floor in pain as Thea watched shocked before a scowl grew on her own face. Using her own enhanced speed, Thea rushed over to the Mikaelson eager to snap his neck for hurting her soulmate before Finn used his magic to snap her neck. Adjusting his jacket, Finn looked around the room frantically before picking Thea up off the floor and walking out of the compound.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.9K 543 3
๐‘๐„๐ˆ๐†๐ ๐Ž๐… ๐–๐Ž๐‹๐•๐„๐’ | โThis is what happens when you poke the big bad wolf.โž Ever since the arrival of the Mikaelson family, Rhea Lockw...
24.9K 984 15
โ‹†ยทหš เผ˜ *๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜Œ๐˜ฎ๐˜ณ๐˜บ๐˜ด ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜–๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜๐˜บ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข...
627K 14.7K 57
แด›สœแด‡ษดแด€ ๊œฑแด€สŸแด แด€แด›แดส€แด‡ แด…ษชแด…ษด'แด› แด‹ษดแดแดก แดกสœแด€แด› แด€ สœแด‡แด€ส€แด›ส™ส€แด‡แด€แด‹ ๊œฐแด‡สŸแด› สŸษชแด‹แด‡ แดœษดแด›ษชสŸ สœแด‡ แด„สœแด‡แด€แด›แด‡แด… แด€ษดแด… แด€ส™แด€ษดแด…แดษดแด‡แด… สœแด‡ส€. ๊œฑสœแด‡ ๊œฐแด‡สŸแด› สœแดแด˜แด‡สŸแด‡๊œฑ๊œฑ แดœษดแด›ษชสŸ แด›สœแด‡ แด›แดกแด แดแด๊œฑแด› ษชแดแด˜แดส€แด›แด€ษดแด› ๐˜—๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๏ฟฝ...