DOUBLE EDGED A Harper's Book...

By nikkihershell

King is struggling to find his place within the Harper Empire. Holding on to guilt over his parent's death ha... More

Who Am I?
Jet Lagged
Fake Stash
Rude Awakening
Wakey Wakey
Step Aside, the Queen is Back
Booked
Meet Frankie Knight
Swim Your Way Out Of This
String Of Hope
Pick Pocket Fox
Listen Up!!
Just When I Think I'm Okay
The Gist Of It
You Again
I'm Here To Win
According To Plan
Guess Who's Back
Tipped Off
Spilling The Beans
Seen Too Much
Claimed And Don't Even Realize It
Pushing The Boundaries
Rearranging
The Missing Piece
Vivid
Pushed Away
The Hunt Just Got Real
Did It This Time
Making Changes
Running Into Wall's
Not Quick Enough
Eye's Wide Shut
So Many Backs, So Many Blades
Karma's Knocking
Facing The Monster
Not Totally Convinced
Flames Of Despair
Heart, Body And Soul
Let The Healing Begin
Mermaid Hair, I Don't Care
Paper Trails
Giggly Powder
Poll Time
Friend Zone
The Big Reveal
Here Comes Trouble
Sink Or Swim
Black Sheep
Three To Tango
Being Bad Just Feels So Damn Good
Tid Bit (disregard. changes have been made)
Battle Of Love
Refusing The Heart
Razzle Dazzle
Surprise Guest
Yea, About That Mafia Life
The Past Comes Back To Bite
Well, I Didn't Expect That Reaction
Wildcard Up My Sleeve
Conversation Starter
Time To Go Back
Two Pink Lines
Changed
Poking The Bear
Small World
The Search
Making Of A Queen
She Means Business
Claiming What Is Mine
A Gift For You
The Queen Is On The Prowl
Risen
Put Some Stank On It
Witchery Trickery
Squander
Coming To Terms
And In They Came
Hear Me Roar
Unexpected Ally
What Doesn't Kill You...
Mess Of Messe
Silent Understanding
This Isn't A Game
Farming
Trouble Comes In Pairs
On The Way
Yea, This Didn't Go Over Well
Drive Me To Drink 1
Drive Me To Drinking 2
Drive Me To Drink 3
Drive Me To Drink 4
Drive Me To Drink 5
Violation
Pep Talk
My Queen Is Back
This Wasn't Supposed To Happen So Soon
Smoke Lines
Jumpers
Even The Shoes
Silence Is Deadly
She Caved
Technology Is Splendid
The Long Haul
It has begun!

Queen Mother

2.8K 262 169
By nikkihershell

That night I stayed with Sire at his place. He gave me the guest bedroom to make myself comfortable in. Truly I understand that he means we'll but I can't continue to stay here. I left this life and now lead a life of my own. His word's were true however, it's very possible that I could be targeted as well for my association with CJ and the Harper's but I can't live my entire life in fear. My life will always be at risk but I can't hide forever.

No one is aware that I am staying here. Sire wants to keep it that way until he combs over the mess my deceit made. Rightfully I should be dead by now and it came as somewhat as a shock that Sire would risk everything just to protect me. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for everything that he has done but I'm not his responsibility and I don't want to jeopardize his trust with the family. In the long run I would only cause Sire trouble. It's best if I slip on off the first available chance I get. Which shouldn't be too hard right now. The family is in turmoil over CJ's disappearance and the Laney and Marcus situation. With them being so wrapped up in all of that my escape should be easy.

It's not that I don't care, in fact every time I think of what CJ is going through my insides twist and the thought that he may actually die chills me to the bone. I try my best to think positive and pray that the Harper's will figure this all out sooner rather than later. Of course I will check in regularly to be updated but it's best for everyone if I go, myself included. I'm sure that I can make Sire understand should be come looking for me.

Besides I have a date tonight with Seth. Part of me feels that it is wrong to go out and enjoy myself while my ex husband is in such a predicament but I try to convince myself that I am no longer apart of his life. I shouldn't put my life on hold as well. It hurts knowing that he is out there hurting and going through no telling what but this is what he wanted. CJ wanted to be away from me, he wanted the divorce. However I'm sure I'll make for sour company tonight because even though I'm with Seth my thoughts will be with CJ.

After my morning shower I headed to the kitchen for something to drink. Sire was already dressed and downing a omelette when I entered. Scoffing down what was left, he spoke in a rush. "Gotta run. We have so much to do today but make yourself comfortable. I'll keep you updated" .

I nodded nervously. "Thanks, please do".

Sire nodded his head and flew out the door. For the remainder of the morning I sat around building up courage for my escape. Finally around one that afternoon I decided that the time was now. Grabbing the small back of thing's that I had brought with me, I left the building. Just as I suspected, everyone was so engrossed on solving this puzzle that slipping out was just a bit too easy.

I returned to my apartment and sent Seth a short text to confirm if we was still on for the night. He replied within the hour to say that we were but instead of dinner at his place he would rather go out instead. That was fine with me. Maybe being out in public would be a better distraction from all of my worry. Not long after I begin to prepare for our date. As promised Seth picked me up right on time. Instead of a nice, classy place as Seth chose a cheesy diner where we would be served promptly. He repeatedly apologized for such a dumpy date but went on to explain that he has an emergency meeting bright an early with a very delicate patient. Of course I understood. As a doctor Seth's schedule was never clock work. Occasionally a patient would be in a crisis and need him as soon as possible.

Our date lasted no more than an hour but he promised to take me out in a few day's and make up for it. After a rather speedy goodbye Seth pulled away from my building. I didn't even have the opportunity to ask him up for coffee.

Walking into my apartment I laid my coat over a chair and slipped my heels off. Going to the kitchen, I sat my bag down on the counter. As I went to click the light switch on and very sharp object pressed into the side of my neck. Gasping, I was warned. "Don't Even think about screaming. I'll have your neck laid open before you can inhale a deep breath".

My blood ran cold as I recognized the voice. "I'm sorry. What have I done?" I half begged half screeched in panic.

" Don't play dumb Alice. Patience has never been a virtue of mine. It will only get you killed sooner". The voice was a whispery hiss.

"Honestly, I don't know what this is about". I tried to reason.

Suddenly my body was being spun around and my back pressed into the counter as the knife continued to rest at my neck. Her steely blue eye's bore into mine as if she was reading my mind. "You know where and who has my grandson. I suggest you start talking".

" no I don't. I wish I did but I don't. I thought you didn't care. You hung up on Sire yesterday when we informed you"

Her perfect red lips twitched in a scary smile. "Rule number one Alice... Never show emotion. Rule number two... Never reveal your moves. Did I not warn you about Seth you fool? You can't be that stupid. Stop being a doormat for these men".

" What do you mean? What does Seth have to do with anything? " I questioned.

Laney gave me a long, hard look. "You really don't know do you? You're that damn clueless? Let's take a ride Alice, shall we?"

Before I could answer I was being pulled along. We left my apartment and to anyone that passed us by we looked like two friend's having a friendly chat. Unbeknownst to them I had a knife jabbed at my side. Moment's later I was shoved into a tiny red sports car. "Where are you taking me?" I demanded weakly .

"Call this your first lesson in queendom. You see I may not be around but trust and believe I know everything. I knew week's ago about Seth and who he work's for. I'm sure you recall Marcus? Well Seth was just another play in Marcus's game book. Don't think for a minute that you just found Seth. It was all a setup. Obviously after my grandson screwed you over along with everything else your mind was blasted. Marcus kept tabs on all of you and discovered you was searching for a therapist. Low and behold your doctor was paid off to refer you to Seth who in actuality isn't even a shrink. He's nothing more than a low man on Marcus's payroll who is a hell of an actor." .

"But why?" I cried not wanting to believe that I had been duped.

" I'm still piecing it all together myself but this is what I have discovered so far. I can't answer for London but my murder was staged... Obviously because well... Here the fuck I am. Was it London or was it Marcus is yet to be determined. However i will say that Marcus is trying to take the family down and using any means necessary... Including you. You ratted us out, you ratted the Harper's out. Normally I would have already killed you but it's obvious that you assumed that Seth was someone you could trust. I'll give you that. Secondly I understand how it feels to be hurt by the one person you thought the world of. From what I have gathered so far Marcus wants all of the Harper men dead but plans to spare the women. His hope's is to continue the bloodline, sick fuck. Right now Marcus is having a long nap where we are staying. I doped his drink tonight and I'll have this job finished and be back before he even notices me gone. "

"So you know London didn't try to kill you?" I interrupted .

Laney was quiet for a short moment. "I don't think so but I'm not hundred percent certain. I must finish this thing with Marcus before I can deal with London."

" What do you mean finish this thing with Marcus? " I asked.

Laney revealed that legendary smile. "I plan on killing that bastard over and over again. Right now I'm playing the fool. I'm making him believe that he has a chance with me but once I figure this thing out.... He's gone."

" But London wants to kill him". I informed her.

She cackled. "He'll have to beat me to it".

" Why don't you at least talk to London, hear him out? " I questioned.

Laney shot me a cold look. "I have seen the thing's that man can do, the carnage he can create. I'd be crazy to get near him when I'm not sure if his intentions" .

"But if that were the case you could possibly win. I've heard the stories about you".

Laney slowly shook her head. "I could never defeat London. He would win".

" but you've taken down many men before". I insisted.

Laney looked me in the eye's and as she spoke I could detect the sadness in her. "But I didn't love them".

The remainder of the ride was quiet. Soon she came to a stop near Seth's townhouse. "You my dear Alice are going to prove your loyalty to the Harper's tonight".

Laney led me up the steps to Seth's door and buzzed the doorbell. She stood off to the side hidden from view as Seth opened the door. "Alice? What a surprise. Is everything okay?"

I nodded my head. "Yes, I just really need to talk to you".

" it's late and I have that meeting in the morning. Can it wait? "

That was the straw that broke what was left of Laney's patience. Emerging from the shadows, she placed a gun in the center of Seth's forehead. Seth threw his hands up in the air in surrender and stammered. "W-what's going on here?"

Using the gun, Laney forced him into his house and shut the door behind us. "You know damn well who I am and why I'm here".

If it was possible for someone to experience fear twice within a minute, Seth did it. "You're her".

" Fucking right I am. Now where is my grandson? "

Like a robot, Seth moved slowly to the basement door. "Try anything funny and you will die sooner".

Like a obedient child Seth led the way. When we reached the basement my stomach lurched. There was CJ tied down and it was clear that he was in a great deal of pain. Blood covered nearly every inch of him and the deadly beatings he endured were obvious. Laney tired a shot and sailed a bullet into Seth's knee. He crumbled like a tree in a fit of wails. "Alice, get that rope over there and tie that bastard up. Once I tend to CJ you will kill Seth to prove your loyalty to the Harper's" .

As I tied Seth up I watched Lahey carefully cut the ties from CJ. As if he were a newborn, she gently laid him in the floor to access his injuries. "My poor baby. I'm here now and we are getting you out of here".

" G-mama". CJ croaked through cracked lips.

"Shhhh.... My sweet baby. I'm going to take care of you now".

" Alice end him then once you do contact London. Tell him where you are and that CJ needs medical attention immediately. Soon as you kill Seth I must go".

"There's no need for anyone to call me. I'm right here and help is on the way". A voice said from the staircase.

We both spun around and saw London standing there. A crazed squirrel eyed look came to Laneys face as she slowly stood up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 60 27
Layla Clancy is the adopted daughter of Hunter Clancy and Bella Clancy. She's abnormally happy and loves life. She has a kinda- sorta brother who's c...
3.6M 218K 56
Jenna Yousuf has everything all girls envy. A mansion, fancy cars, diamonds and jewels, closets filled with clothes, shoes and purses. A hot husband...
1.3M 68.2K 63
*Book 2 in the Soulmates Series* After Malekh's startling revelation about the deal he'd made with Ashton, Elizabeth's blossoming relationship seems...
563K 13.1K 40
|HAS BEEN REWRITTEN| She was kind. He was heartless. She saw the good in everyone despite her past. He saw nothing but hatred for others because of...