This Isn't The End {Stiles St...

By SiriusCatBennett

Sometimes Rae Martin didn't know whether to strangle or kiss Stiles Stilinski. It usually leaned towards the... More

This Isn't The End {Stiles Stilinski}
Trailer
Epigraph
Prologue
WHAT (An A/N story)
The New Girl
Training Day
5. Seconds. of. Fucking. Summer
Jealous Stiles
Scott's Eyes Glow?!
So I Made a Thing... (A/N)
A Little Ali Argent, A Little Isaac Baehey
Is There a Word Worse Than Disaster?
The Healing Touch of a Friend
Sharing the Love
Blue Eyed Boy
Stupid Derek. Stupid Teenagers
Class Schedule (A/N)
The Alpha
Tunnel Vision
Nogitsune (A/N)
The Reckoning
The Art of Understanding
Misconceptions
Flurry of Emotion
Avid Avoidance
Uncle Peter
Red
Preparations for Battle
Biological Makeup
And Everything Comes Crashing Down
This is the End
๐ŸŽŠ Sequel ๐ŸŽŠ

Tipping the Scales

453 11 190
By SiriusCatBennett

Chapter 13: Night School pt. 2

Darting up the stairs, I almost fell as Stiles tripped but luckily only hit my knee before he pulled me back up as he straightened out. Trying to keep my mind off of the brutal scenarios that this night could now turn into, I barely registered Scott asking for Stiles' phone.

"No, it's me. Where are you?" Snapping my head over in Scotty's direction, I paid apt attention to the conversation at hand. I could barely hear Allison, but I still understood the context.

"Where are you right now?"

"Where?! Where are you exactly?" At this point, he was getting riled up and I couldn't blame him. I'd be going out of my mind if it was Stiles instead of Allison.

"Get to the lobby. Go now." With that said, Scott hung up the phone and thrust it out to Stiles before taking off down the deserted hallway. Fumbling with his cell and the flashlight, he managed to push the phone into his pocket before we stumbled after the werewolf for the millionth time tonight.

Racing down the halls, we took abrupt turns that almost ended in slamming into walls and corners before we arrived at the school lobby. Scott had already thrown open the door as we proceeded to run through them and skidded to a halt in front of his brunette haired beauty.

"Why did you come? Wh-what are you doing here?" He rushed out, looking to his girlfriend desperately for answers.

"Because you asked me to." Wait...what the shit?! There's no way Scott asked her to come here.

"Asked you to?" Allison glanced down at her phone before showing something on the screen to her boyfriend. I assumed it was a text.

"Why do I get the feeling that you didn't send this message?"

"Because I didn't."

"Alright, did you drive here?" Stiles shot out, knowing we had bigger issues than why Allison was here in the first place. We couldn't do anything about it now, all we could do was hope that her being here was actually a good thing.

I thought too soon.

"Jackson did."

"Wait, Jackson's here?!" Fear settled into the pit of my stomach like I'd never felt before in my life.

Even if I hadn't known that Lydia was with him tonight, I'd still know she was never too far behind him.

"And Lydia. What's going on? Who sent this text?" As each of the teenagers began freaking out for multiple different reasons, I was sucked into a fit of panic knowing that my sister had unknowingly walked into a school of death.

Allison answered her phone when it rang, asking who I guessed to be the other two people where they were. Abruptly after, the doors next to us swung open, revealing a pissy strawberry blonde and an annoyed Jackson Whittemore.

"Finally. Can we go now?" Lydia wondered until her eyes met mine. "Rae, what are you doing here?"

Eyes widening, I felt the words get caught in my throat at the intense panic rushing through my veins. I could deal with me dying. I could deal with getting chased around all night by a monstrous creature of the night. I couldn't deal with that happening to my sister.

It was almost ironic that at that moment noises began coming from above us, creaking emitting from the spackled ceiling. I couldn't speak due to the fear of my twin being injured or killed, and the thing that could do it was what saved me from trying to answer her question.

Turning my bug-eyed stare to the ceiling, Stiles and I both tightened our grip on each others hands at the same time. If it weren't for the situation, I would be fawning over how we'd barely let go of the other the entire night.

Glancing over at the boy at the same time he looked at me, I noticed we had all paired together; Allison's hand falling into the boy's beside her as we all looked at each other.

"Run." At the single word that spilled from Scott's mouth, we all rushed to the stairs, stumbling up them as we pushed our pace to accelerate. Knowing I shouldn't, but needing to check on my sister, I glanced behind us as we ran. Relieved that for now both of the people behind us were okay, it didn't last long as I saw how close the animal behind us had gotten.

Letting out a small shriek, I turned back around, following after Stiles as we slammed through a set of blue doors.

Right into the worst place possible.

Like I had said earlier, the cafeteria was a no go zone due to the literal wall of freaking windows that it inhabited. Apparently no one else but Stiles got the memo as they began frantically stacking things in front of the double doors.

"Scott, wait. Not here." No one seemed to listen as Allison threw questions Scott's way as if any of us could answer them.

Hearing my sisters clipped voice, I dropped Stiles' hand and walked across until I had her pulled in my arms, trying to soothe her as she gripped onto me for dear life.

Looking over at Stiles, I noticed he was once again trying to get their attention. "Guys?! Just wait a second. You guys, listen to me, wait. Can we wait a second? Guys? Stiles talking."

Getting tired of how no one was paying attention to the boy that was trying to save their lives, I decided to take matters into my own hands. "Hey, idiots!" Abruptly, everyone spun around with wide eyes, wondering what could possibly be more important than barricading the doors. "If any one of you were paying attention, you wouldn't have failed to notice that we have a really big problem." Rubbing Lydia's arm as she shivered in fright, I pointed over to the boy in front of said problem.

"Okay. Yeah. Nice work. Really, beautiful job everyone. Now, what should we do about the twenty-foot wall of windows?" Stepping back, he showcased the wall with his arms spread wide as I continued to try and console my sister.

She shouldn't even be here.

I felt myself grow angry at the fact that she was in danger. Whether it was at myself for not keeping her safe, Jackson for bringing her here, Scott for simply being a werewolf, or the alpha for being psychotic, I wasn't sure. I was just angry.

Keeping Lydia in my arms, I held her a bit tighter, trying to do everything I could to keep her intact. The brief pause in the air after Stiles and I's exclamations was cut short as Allison cried out.

"Could someone please explain to me what's going on because I am freaking out here. And I would-I would really like to know why." Looking over, I noticed Allison's focus was once again on Scott; the Scott who seemed to be freaking out over what to say and do. "Scott?"

With that the boy walked away from his girlfriend, leaning against a table as I shushed the shaking girl in my arms who had looked at me in a panic.

"Somebody killed the janitor." At the gravely sounding words, I whipped my head around to look at the culprit; Stiles.

"What?" At the word torn from my sister's lips, I continued moving my arm up and down her arm from where it had stilled a moment ago.

"Yeah, the janitor's dead."

"What is he talking about? Is this a joke?" The hysteria in Allison's voice made me tear my eyes over to her rattled form; worried about my friend.

"What? Who killed him?" Glancing at Jackson, I quickly moved my eyes back to Allison, trying to make sure she was alright.

"No, no, no, no, no. This-this was supposed to be over..the mountain lion killed-"

"No, don't you get it? There wasn't a mountain lion."

"Who was it?! What does he want?" I felt like I was getting whiplash looking between the three of them, Lydia and Allison both in hysterics while Jackson just looked fearfully angry. I needed to get them all out of here. "What's happening?"

There was a pause in which I tried to decipher what we were supposed to tell them. We obviously needed to come up with something or they would continue to freak out, but what were we supposed to tell them? 'Oh, yeah, just to let you guys know, that thing that's been killing things...it's a giant, terrifying, alpha werewolf. Have fun.' Yeah...no...just no.

"Scott!" At the abrupt yell, I jumped a little, settling down when I noticed that it had scared my sister.

"I-I-I don't know. I-I-I just..if we go out there, he's gonna kill us."

"Us? He's gonna kill us?" As she spoke the words, Lydia went to step slightly forwards, trying to get clarity and enunciate her question. I pulled her back, keeping her in my arms as I tried to shield her from the world that I had only just been thrust into.

"Who? Who is it?" At Allison's question, I turned my own curious and fearful gaze to the boys, wondering if they even knew who it was.

There was a long pause before Scott shook his head, seeming to come to a decision he didn't quite like. "It's Derek." What? No, it's not. "Look, it's Derek Hale." Looking over to Stiles, I noticed a similar look of utter befuddlement on his face.

"Wait..Derek killed the janitor?"

A small breath left Allison mouth before she responded. "Are you sure?"

No, but apparently Scott was throwing his werewolf buddy completely under a double-decker bus. "I saw him."

"The mountain lion-"

"No! Derek killed them!"

"All of them?"

"Yes. Starting with his own sister." Oh, that was low Scotty boy.

"The bus driver?" Allison squeaked out, barely audible in the big room.

"And the guy at the video store. It's been Derek the whole time. He's in here with us." Looking around, I took in all the distraught and confused faces, landing on Scott's as he turned around to face us. "And if we don't get out now..he's going to kill us too."

At that revelation, everyone paused for a moment. Allison ran a hand through her hair as she moved around in her spot. Scott looked up at the ceiling as if hoping it would give him all the answers in the world. Stiles was still slightly wide-eyed at what Scott had said before; I could see the gears turning in his head trying to find a plan. Lydia was still huddled in my arms, her eyes blown out as she tried to comprehend everything that was happening, and Jackson glanced over to Lydia and me before looking over to Stiles in frustration.

"Call the cops." Flipping my head around to look at him again, I was teaming with incredulity at the fact that the cops were being brought up, again.

"No." Was Stiles simple reply, the look on his face showing that he wouldn't be budging on his answer.

"Wh-what do you mean, no?" The anger was practically radiating out of Jackon's face at this point and if I wanted to, I could probably cook something in the steam.

"I mean no. You wanna hear it in Spanish? Noh. Look, Derek killed three people. We don't know what he's armed with." That was a crappy point, but we had to keep the cops away from here. Especially the sheriff. Which is so stupidly ironic it's detrimental to my health.

"Your dad is armed with an entire sheriff's department, call him!" Jackson felt the need to throw his arm in front of him to further his point as I began stroking Lydia's hair, whispering soft nothings when I heard her breathing pick up.

Lydia decided she was now taking control of the situation, pulling out of my arms and walking forward as she pulled her phone from her pocket. "I'm calling."

"No, Lydia, would you just hold on a sec..." Jackson brushed past me at Stiles words, pushing the boy back before I grabbed his jacket, ripping him away from the boy.

"Hey, Jackass, we're already being chased by a psycho, no need for you to flaunt your masculinity." Staring at him in anger, I pushed him farther away from the duo before focusing on the words coming from my sister's mouth.

"Yes, we're at Beacon Hills High School. We're trapped and we need you to..but-" Her speedy ramblings ceased as she dropped her cell down to her side. "She hung up on me."

"The police hung up on you?" At hearing the disbelieving tone in Allison's voice, I turned to look at her with a small glare.

"She said they got a tip warning them that there were gonna be prank calls about a break-in at the high school. She said if I called again, they were gonna t-trace it and have me arrested."

"Okay, then call again." The glare on my face hardened slightly at the girl treating my sister as if she was stupid. She was smarter than anyone at this school; including me. I get that we're all scared right now, but she had no right to be using the tones that she was with Lydia.

Before I could say anything, Stiles beat me to it. "No. They won't trace a cell. And they'll send a car to your house before they send anyone here."

"What the-what-what is this? Why does Derek wanna kill us? Why is he killing anyone?" Lydia's head snapped over to look at me before everyone focused their gaze on Scott, making me huff. Seriously, why did everyone think Scott had the answers? He's the most profoundly confused person I know.

"Why is everyone looking at me?" Exactly what I was thinking buddy. Exactly what I was thinking.

"Is he the one that sent her the text?"

"No. I mean, I-I-I don't know."

"Is he the one that called the police?"

"I don't know!" Scott yelled, making even me reel back. I wasn't surprised that he had become overwhelmed, it was just that Scott didn't yell very often.

"Okay, how about everyone lay off of Scott. We're all in the same situation, I don't understand why all of you are fighting, in this room, by the way, when we should be coming up with a plan to get out of here in somewhere that doesn't have a twenty-foot wall of windows." At my words, everyone looked at me with different reactions; some fearful and some angry. I really couldn't give a shit at this point, I just didn't want my sister or anyone else to be eaten tonight.

Before I could walk back over to Lydia, Stiles grabbed me and Scott by the arms and dragged us out of hearing range while the other three dispersed behind us.

Removing his hand from my arm, he gave a pat to Scott's chest. "Okay, first off, throwing Derek under the bus? Nicely done."

"I-I-I didn't know what to say, I had to say something. And if he's dead th-then it doesn't matter, right? Except-except if he's not...oh god I totally just bit her head off." My brain was having a bit of trouble keeping up with Scott's fast-paced words, especially when he abruptly changed the subject.

"She'll be fine, Scott. If she can't understand that pushing questions on someone else who's freaking out is going to end badly, then she's an idiot." I loved the girl, she was great, but no good was going to come out of being stupid in a life or death situation. Aka, fighting with the other people in the situation or getting upset when someone snaps even though she'd been doing it since she got here.

"Yeah, exactly. Besides, we've got bigger issues at hand. Like..how do we get out alive?" Stiles questioned, sliding his hand off of Scott's shoulder.

"But we are alive. It could've killed us already. It's like it's cornering us or something."

"Actually, I was thinking something similar earlier. I know I don't know much..but he knows where we are. He can smell us, which..ew, gross..and he can probably hear us, right? Why are we even still breathing?" I asked, looking between the two boys.

"So-so what? He wants to eat us all at the same time?" God, what does he have? An unhinged jaw?

"No!" Scott whisper-shouted. "Derek said it wants revenge."

"Against who?" Apparently against random people in town according to who he's been brutally murdering.

"Allison's family?" Wait, what? Why? What did her family do? They just moved here.

"Maybe that's what the text was about." Scott's face screwed up in response to what Stiles had said. "Well someone had to send it."

"O-Okay..assheads. New plan. Stiles calls his useless dad and tells him to bring someone with a gun and decent aim. Are we good with that?" At his words, my blood began to boil. The logic that this kid had calling the person that he needed to save his life 'useless.'

Before I could tell him off, Scott spoke up from next to me, making me face their direction. "He's right. Tell him the truth if you have to, just-just call him!"

Stiles turned his body to look between Scott and the small group formed behind us. "I'm not watching my dad get eaten alive." Shaking his head, he began to walk closer to where I was.

"Alright, give me the phone." Noticing Jackson's quick advance, I grabbed ahold of Stiles jacket and pulled him behind me, doing the first thing that came to mind in my anger infused, protective brain.

I punched him.

As the boy fell to the floor a single 'Jackson!' was heard, and it wasn't from my sister.

"Holy crap, I didn't know you could hit that hard," Stiles said, a breathy laugh escaping his lips as he peered down at the lacrosse player.

At his words, I looked around at the varying faces in the room. My sister looked hurt at what was happening between Allison and Jackson, and scared, but not surprised or upset that I had punched him. Scott looked equally shocked that I had pummeled the jock in the face. And Allison had turned to look at me with an open-mouthed glare.

As I stared back at her in anger over the entire situation, I barely noticed as Stiles struggled to pull his phone from his pocket.

"Dad, hey. It's me." I didn't fail to notice the smirk on Jackson's face, however, making my glare harden further. "And, it's your voicemail. Look, I need you to call me back. Now. Like, right now." As Allison turned back to Jackson, he dropped the smirk and pretended to be more hurt than he was; something that my sister and I both noticed.

After Stiles had spoken those words, a bang came from the double doors, rattling the things stacked in front of it causing Lydia to jump. As another bang came from the doors, she ran forward at the same time I did, crashing into my arms as I held her close.

The doors and chairs continue rattling as the Alpha kept ramming into them. "We're at the school. Dad, we're at the school." With that, Stiles put his phone away as we all tried to figure out what to do. We were trapped.

As screws began falling out of the hinges and metal began to bend, Lydia cried out and clung to my running jacket, burying part of her face into my neck. "Oh, god. Oh my god."

"The kitchen. The door out of the kitchen leads to the stairwell." At Stiles words, I turned to him in realization. We could at least get to the second floor.

"Which only goes up!"

"Scott, up is better than here!" I yelled back at him as things kept falling off of the doors.

At once, we all began running to the back of the cafeteria to make our escape. I held onto my sister's hand for dear life, making sure she didn't fall behind. Stiles was the last one out behind us as we tried to ignore the sounds coming from the room.

We all ran as fast as we could up the stairs, trying to find an unlocked classroom when we reached the top. Luckily, the classroom Lydia pulled me towards was open and we all piled into it.

Closing the door behind us all, Scott stuck a stool with a back under the handle, even though the three of us knew that wouldn't do any good.

We all tried to quiet our breathing as our hearts pounded from fear and tearing through the school.

Lydia covered her mouth with her right hand as her left clenched onto mine, Allison trying her best to blend in with the wall behind her. Stiles had to grasp Scott's shoulder to keep him from passing the little window in the door to go to his girlfriend. Jackson's eyes bugged out from his position next to Lydia and I reeled farther back into the desk behind me, gripping it tightly in my free hand as we heard someone's breathing by the door.

At once, we all let out the breaths we were holding when the noises passed and Lydia slapped her hand back down on the table.

"Jackson, how many people can fit in your car?" Scott asked suddenly.

"Five. If someone squeezes on someone's lap." Although I was surprised he was cooperating without any snarky remarks, I knew that was wrong.

"Jackson, I've been in that car enough to know that I barely fit in the back. Besides, there's six of us." I threw my hand up in exasperation; we were so screwed.

"It doesn't matter," Stiles told us, "there's no getting out without drawing attention."

"Well, what about this?" Scott questioned, turning around to walk towards a door. Squeezing my sister's hand as everyone rushed slightly closer, I looked to see if she would be okay without me. Once I got a nod, I walked towards where the boys were.

Arriving at my destination I heard Stiles say, "that's a deadbolt."

"The janitor has a key."

"You mean his body has it." Yeah..no. Why would you want to go looking for the guy we saw get killed?

"I can get it." He leaned closer to Stiles. "I can find him by scent. By blood."

"Well gee, that sounds like an incredibly terrible idea," Stiles responded sarcastically, "What else ya got?"

"Yeah, Scott, we're not gonna let you go out there and get killed." I hissed at him, widening my eyes to emphasize the fact that he was crazy if he thought we would let him go out there.

Scott shook his head for a moment before responding. "I'm getting the key."

At that, he simply walked past us to converse with Allison.

"He's gonna get himself killed," Stiles whispered over to me, coming to stand on my left.

"Yeah. And there's nothing we can do about it." I whispered back, crossing my arms over my chest in a defensive position. It's not like we could get in a fight with him over it. Half the people in this room couldn't know what was really happening, and we needed to be quiet anyway.

At that, we began walking closer to the rest of the group, catching Scott's reply to his girlfriend.

"It's the best plan. Someone has to get the key if we wanna get out of here." Is he forgetting the fact that we still have no way to get away from the school? Stiles jeep was minus a battery, Jackson's shitty Porsche was too small, and Derek's car had obviously disappeared from the parking lot seeing as the newcomers hadn't said anything about it.

"You can't go out there unarmed!" At Allison's quiet exclamation, Scott picked up the pointer finger on a stick from next to the chalkboard, making me finally realize what room we were in.

Harris's.

As Scott brandished it as a 'weapon' and Stiles rolled his eyes, I simply grabbed the stick from his hand and broke it over my knee in seconds. "Scott, that isn't and never will be a weapon." Dropping the pieces on the ground, I stepped back so I was next to Stiles once again.

"There's gotta be something else."

"There is." Noticing Lydia's gaze was on something as her eyes lit up, I turned to see what it was.

A cupboard of chemicals.

Scanning my brain for what she could be thinking of, a smirk graced my lips as I realized what it was. We had researched it together.

"What are we going to do? Throw acid on him?" I scoffed. Although it wasn't a horrible idea, it was not the right one.

"No. Like a firebomb. In there is everything you need to make a self-igniting molotov cocktail." My smirk widened as Lydia showed her brain to the world.

"Self-igniting..."

"Molotov..cocktail." I spelled out for him, turning to look at his face with my smirk on full view. I noticed him gulp before I spun back around.

"What? I read it somewhere." Lydia disclosed, voice sounding very meek and adorable.

"We don't have a key for that either." Stiles pointed out, raising a hand to the cupboard.

Jackson huffed before ramming his elbow into the glass, effectively shattering it. I cringed slightly at the noise before rushing forward to help Lydia get everything she needed.

It wasn't long before it was almost finished and she asked Jackson for the sulphuric acid as I stood beside Stiles.

A stopper was placed in the beaker before Allison spoke up. A bit too late in my opinion. "No. No, this is insane. You can't do this, you cannot go out there."

"We can't just sit here waiting for Stiles' dad to check his messages."

"You could die. Don't you get that?" Of course, he does. Jesus, I get she's worried about him but everyone needs to stop treating each other like they're idiots and haven't thought things through. "He's killed three people."

"And we're next." Allison let out a frustrated breath. "Somebody has to do something."

"Scott, just stop." She hissed out, raising her pinched hands in front of her. "Do you remember-do you remember when you told me you knew whether or not I was lying? That I had a tell?" Scott nodded lightly. "So do you. You're a horrible liar and you've been lying all night." I tried to ignore the smirk that covered Jackson's face at her words and looked down at the ground. "Just-just plea-please don't go. Please don't leave us. Please."

It was silent for a moment before Scott spoke up, making me look over to him. "Lock it behind me." And just like that, a deep-seated fear settled in my stomach and I had to grab onto Stiles' hand as my eyes watered. I had to stay strong though. Scott would be okay. It was my job to hold down the fort.

I looked down as I heard the door shut, taking a deep breath as I tried to calm myself down. Feeling Stiles' hand tighten in my own, I looked up to see he also had unshed tears in his eyes and that was enough to straighten my shoulders. We were all terrified. The two of us didn't want to lose our best friend and Allison didn't want to lose her boyfriend. Someone had to stay sane for everyone else.

After that, everyone huddled together around the desk we'd made the molotov cocktail on. Despite wanting to go and comfort my sister, I stayed with Stiles, knowing right now we really needed each other. Plus, despite how much I despised him at the moment, she was by Jackson so she'd be alright.

A few minutes later, Allison spoke up from her spot on top of a desk. "I don't get this. I don't-I don't get why he's out there. Why he left us. And I..can't-I can't stop my hands from shaking."

"It's okay." Jackson had grabbed onto Allison's shaking hands, making my gaze harden on them. Glancing at my sister from the corner of my eye, I noticed the look in her eyes. "It's okay. It's gonna be okay."

Allison nodded her head at the boy. "Yeah. 'Kay." Seeing the small smirk appear on his face, I almost walked up to his bitch ass but Stiles kept me in my place with our conjoined hands. Turning to look at him, the expression on his face said it all as I tried to take a deep breath and calm down. It was hard with everything happening and with the fact that it seemed like these two were trying to tick me off all night.

For a while, we all just stayed silent, stuck in our own thoughts. Allison kept fidgeting with her hands and eventually her feet began to twitch. Jackson was simply brooding as usual and Lydia looked hurt under the mask I could see through and inquisitive. Stiles and I were leaned against a wall, hands grasped tightly together as we clung to each other like a lifeline.

Closing my eyes, I leaned my head back and took some deep breaths, trying desperately to keep calm as anxiety, anger, and fear ate away at my heart. "Jackson, you handed me the sulphuric acid..right?" At that, my eyes popped open and my gaze immediately went to the chemicals.

"It has to be sulphuric acid. It won't ignite if it's not." I added, looking over to Jackson with wide eyes as I noticed the still capped bottle on the table.

He ignored me as he turned to Lydia. "Look, I gave you exactly what you asked for didn't I?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm sure you did." As everyone turned to look at the table, I sent a glare Jackson's way as I bit my tongue. He'd been pissing me off all night and now he might get my best friend killed, not to mention the rest of us, over some petty lacrosse jealousy. I was fuming.

Banging my head back against the wall, I continued to try and keep myself calm, knowing that blowing up would help nobody. Paying attention to no one, I kept my focus on trying to remain calm until a loud noise broke my concentration.

A loud roar rang through the school, making my eyes widen as I flinched forward to protect the other people in the room. Once the roar stopped, I turned my gaze to the three people across from me noticing Jackson's pained look and the hand covering his neck. My eyebrows furrowed as he fell to the ground, screaming in pain.

As his hand fell from behind his neck, Stiles and I both caught sight of a strange wound there. What was that?

Peering at the boy next to me, we shared a look before paying attention to Jackson once again.

Lydia and Allison soon rushed forward to pull Jackson up off of the ground and steady him against the desk behind them. Before they could, however, Jackson had to continue to be the stubborn ass that he is.

"No, I'm fine." Ripping himself out of their arms, he turned around to look at them incredulously as if they had made a stupid assumption after he was screaming on the ground. "Seriously, I'm okay."

"That didn't sound okay at all." Not even close.

"What's on the back of your neck?" As Stiles pointed and Jackson slapped away his hand, I was reminded of what happened at the movie store. Slapping Stiles' side, I leaned up to whisper in his ear when he turned.

"The Alpha looked at the back of his neck when we were attacked," I explained, leaning back off of my tiptoes to examine his wide-eyed stare. The boy looked back at Jackson as he gripped his neck, a curious look in his eye that was reflected in my own.

"I said, I'm fine." He hissed out, looking around at all of us.

"Jackson, the definition of fine is to be in a satisfactory or pleasing manner or to be of fine quality. You are neither of those." I spouted out, getting sick and tired of his bullshit.

"Thank you," Lydia spoke up, glancing at me, "It's been there for days, he won't tell me what happened."

"As if you actually care." Jackson seethed, making my whole body tense up. I kept from saying anything as I glanced at my sister, noticing the pain peeking through her gaze.

"Alright, can we not argue for like, half a second here?" Stiles wondered, throwing his free hand up to gesture at everyone.

"Where's Scott? He should be back by now." Allison spoke, making me glance at her. Whipping around to stare at both of us, she pointed a finger in our direction. "And why do neither of you seem to care that he went out there? Isn't he supposed to be your friend? He could die and you're doing nothing."

All the anger and fear I'd been carrying throughout the night finally bubbled over at Allison's accusation. "Excuse me?" The incredulity in my tone was not missed as I tried to step forward. Stiles' hand kept me in place as my eyes burned with fury. "You've known him all of two minutes, Argent. We've known him our entire lives. He is our best friend, our family. How dare you sit here and try to say that we don't care that he's out there? We are terrified, but we know that someone has to get us out of here. Someone has to risk their lives. If not, all of us are dead. Are you gonna do it? Are you gonna be the hero? No. No, you're not. You may not have been around enough to get this, but Scott isn't the type of person to just sit around instead of helping people. Even if it's someone he hates. And-and he's not even out there for us. He's not out there for the people that have been there every step of the way. No. He's out there for you. And all night you've done nothing but bitch and complain and then get upset when he snaps at you. It's bullshit." Deciding that at that point I was completely done with everything, I turned to look at Jackson. "And you," I pointed, "you've been a shitty boyfriend all night. Hell, you've just been a shitty person. You've been getting in fights, pushing what you want, doting all over Allison when your girlfriend, who is also freaking out, is right there. For fuck's sake, I had to punch you. And now? Now there's a very big possibility that my best friend and the rest of us could get killed because of your stupid fucking lacrosse jealousy. Because you didn't give her the sulphuric acid, did you, Jackson?! No. You didn't. I've kept my calm all damn night and I am sick and tired of you two being assholes." At that, I seethed in my anger and didn't allow the pain I felt for yelling at them to swallow me whole as I stepped back, clenching my free hand into a fist as I stared at the wall in front of me.

I paid no mind to their reactions, simply tried to reign in all of my volatile emotions as I waited for Scott to come back. Because he would come back.

I vaguely heard words exchanged between my companions before a snap was heard at the door, making my head snap over as I pulled myself off of the wall; anger temporarily forgotten.

Allison rushed for the door letting out a 'Scott' as she shoved the stool away and tried to pull the door open. It wouldn't budge. "Scott!" She screamed.

"Where is he going?" My sister questioned from behind us, sounding extremely panicked.

Allison continued to try and open the door as she banged on it and screamed for our friend. I slowly began to back away from the door with Stiles in tow as I started to become overwhelmed.

My breathing was beginning to come more rapid before Lydia's voice pierced through my eardrums. "Stop. Stop!" At her yell, everyone turned to look at her, wondering what she was shouting for. "Do you hear that?" At her question, we all began listening for what she was talking about. "Listen." It wasn't long before we started hearing the sirens, making my tense body fall back into Stiles' arms as he caught me, wrapping his arm that had been holding my hand around my body.

Everyone ran for the windows, except for the two of us, who just stayed where we were and gazed out the windows at the flashing lights approaching. My eyes filled with tears as I buried myself into the body behind me and a single one fell down my cheek before I took a deep breath and pushed it all back in.

It only took a minute for the police to find the classroom we were locked in, breaking down the door to reach us. As soon as it was open, Sheriff Stilinski rushed through it, looking around wildly before his eyes fell on us. He took three big steps forward before wrapping both of us in a hug, squeezing tightly as his head burrowed into Stiles' neck. Our free arms wrapped tightly around him in turn and I shut my eyes tightly as a warm feeling filled my body.

When the sheriff stepped away from us, everyone else had already left the room to safety. "What the hell happened to you guys?"

A huff was heard from behind me as Stiles tightened his hold on my waist. "You know, the usual. Just got chased through the school by a killer. No biggy." I could feel Stiles free hand come up to scratch his head after he spoke, dropping it back down beside him once he was done.

John scoffed in front of us, a crazed look in his eye as he ushered us towards the door. "What were you even doing here, Stiles? It's the middle of the night." He spoke, an incredulous tone in his voice as he glanced at the arm wrapped around my body.

"We were just trying to prank one of the teachers," I told him, lying swiftly as I blushed. "When we tried to leave, the doors were locked and there was someone with a knife or something when we turned around." Stiles moved around my body to walk beside me when we got out of the room, hand reaching to grasp mine firmly. I felt a flittering in my stomach as a blush crept up my cheeks.

"Yeah," Stiles added. "We ran down to the basement and managed to trick him into a trap, but he got out. Climbed into the air ducts somehow. That was when Allison, Jackson, and Lydia got here. Allison got a text from Scott telling her to come here."

"Wait, why would Scott tell his girlfriend to come here?" The sheriff questioned, perplexed.

"That's the thing," I responded. "It wasn't Scott. Scott doesn't even have his phone with him."

"Actually, Scott's phone has been broken for days," Stiles said, turning to look at his father. Well, that was new information.

As we walked down to the first floor, I continued the story. "When we met up with them, the guy fell from the ceiling and so we ran again. We ended up in the cafeteria where we called you after trying to call the station, but they hung up on us."

"Wait. Let me get this straight. The station, of the police, hung up on you?"

"Yeah. They said they got some tip warning about prank calls." Stiles scoffed lightly. "You'd figure even then they wouldn't have hung up seeing as there's a killer running rampant in town."

"Then we ran up into the classroom that you found us in because he was starting to get through the barricade we made on the cafeteria doors," I explained further, noticing we were close to the entrance of the school.

"So, where exactly is Scott?" He wondered aloud, looking in between the two of us.

At his words, the boy in question came barreling down the hallway, skidding to a stop in front of us. "Oh, thank god you're okay." All the air seemed to rush out of Scott's body after he saw us, bending over as if to catch his breath.

"To answer your question, Scott is right there," I spoke, amused at the entrance he had made. "But before, we had made a molotov cocktail and Scott went out to try and find the key to the roof so we could get out of here. We didn't know if you would see your messages or not."

"Yeah, and umm, I got knocked out by something after I got the keys. I just woke up. But, umm, you should know that the janitor...he's dead. He's, uh, under the bleachers. You'll have to pull them out." I cringed at the reminder, but was glad that Scott managed to come up with an excuse for where he'd been.

"Jesus." Papa Stilinski breathed out, shaking his head as he looked at the ground before letting his deputies know over the radio. "I don't even want to know how you kids learned how to make one of those. Look, you guys keep saying 'he.' Do you know who it was?"

"It was Derek Hale," Scott spoke up, probably figuring that it would sound better coming from him than Stiles.

"Are you sure it was Derek Hale?" I barely paid attention as we walked through the front doors, taking a giant breath of fresh air that I wasn't sure I'd breathe again.

"Yes."

"I saw him too."

Realizing that no one was speaking, I turned to look at them, seeing their expectant gazes on me. "Oh, sorry. Yeah, I saw him too. It was before the other kids got here. They didn't see him."

"What about the janitor?" Scott wondered, looking at the sheriff as we walked down the steps.

"We're still looking."

"Did you look under the bleachers? U-under them?" Scott asked, his voice rising. Hell, who knows if they've even looked for him yet, we only told the sheriff a few minutes ago.

"Yes, Scott. We looked." Well, apparently they had. I guess I missed the radio transmission or something. "We pulled them out, just like you asked. There's nothing."

"I'm not making this up."

"I know, I believe you. I do."

"No, you don't." Scott threw his hand up as we reached the bottom of the stairs. "Y-you have this look like y-you feel bad for me. Like you wanna believe me, but I know you don't."

"Listen to me...we're gonna search this whole school. We're gonna find him. Okay? I promise."

"Sheriff!" Someone yelled from across the lot, gaining his attention.

"Stay! Both of you."

"Hey, why are you only telling us?" Stiles asked as he pointed at himself, offended.

"Because she's less likely to run off!" He yelled over his shoulder, continuing on his way as I smiled a little bit.

At that, Stiles dropped his arm and turned to look at his werewolf bestie. "Well, we survived dude." He threw his arms up slightly, raising mine from its position. "Ya know? We outlasted the Alpha. It's still good, right? Being alive?"

"When we were in the chemistry room..it walked right by us. You don't think..that it heard us? You don't think it knew exactly where we were?" I felt a chill run down my spine, knowing I'd been wondering the same thing all night. It could've killed us at so many different times. We shouldn't be alive right now.

"Well then how come we're still alive?"

"It wants me in its pack!" Scott huffed, leaning back and shaking his head at the ground as he calmed himself down. "But, I-I think first..I have to get rid of my old pack."

"What do you mean Scott? I thought you and Derek were the only ones besides the Alpha?" I questioned, confused about everything supernatural.

"W-we are. Or, at least, we were. I don't even know if Derek's alive. I mean all of you. Allison. Jackson, Lydia...you." Scott finished, looking between the two of us as we tried to process his words, a sinking feeling arising in my chest.

"The Alpha doesn't wanna kill us..." Stiles said, his words a definitive response and not a question.

Scott turned around like he couldn't bear to look at us when he answered. "He wants me to do it." He paused, looking like he wasn't sure if he should tell us the next thing. "And that's not even the worst part.

"How in h-holy hell is that not the worst part?" Stiles asked, voice rising as I paid attention to the small details in Scott's presence. When I got the answer I was looking for, my face drained of blood.

"You wanted to..didn't you?" At my quietly spoken words, Stiles' head whipped around to look at me, his eyes almost popping out of his head.

Scott nodded, still looking into the distance. "When he made me shift...I did. I wanted to do it. I wanted to kill you. All of you." The hand holding mine went slightly slack at the words, tightening back to an almost painful grip as they were processed.

No one spoke for a moment before Scott's head raised and a look fell over his face that I couldn't quite read. The boy began walking forward with Stiles and I following behind him before we came face to face with what Stiles' had been certain was chasing us around throughout the night.

Deaton.

"There you are." He spoke, apparently having been trying to find us. I still didn't think he was the Alpha. He was just too kind.

"How? How did you..."

"Get out?" The man shook his head. "Not easily. And from what they tell me, I'm alive because of you. I think I owe you a raise." I laughed lightly at his words, finding amusement in the normalcy of them.

"Guys, come on. Let's let the EMT's do their job, you can talk to him later." Sheriff Stilinski pulled us away before I noticed my sister. Turning to look at Stiles, he simply nodded, having noticed where my attention was pulled before squeezing my hand one last time. I gave him a small smile before making my way to the strawberry blonde.

"Are you-" Before I could finish my sentence, Lydia had thrown herself into my arms, burying her head into my hair as she let out a shaky breath. I took no time in tightening my arms around her, laying my head against hers as she clung to me. "Hey, you're gonna be okay. We're okay." I whispered to her, rubbing my arm up and down her back.

After a few minutes, Jackson had come over to us from where a deputy had been asking him questions. "Hey, can you give me a ride to my car? It's at Ramsed."

"Why would I do that when I can just take you home?" He asked haughtily, hands in his pockets as his jaw clenched.

"Because I'm not gonna leave my car at the park. Also, because you've been a jackass all night and it's like four minutes away by car. It's literally on the way home." I responded, getting riled up that he couldn't even drop me off somewhere on the way.

"Fine, whatever. Just means I don't have to deal with you after that." That being said, he pulled his keys out of his pocket and began making his way to the Porsche.

Rubbing Lydia's back a moment longer, I squeezed her once before speaking softly. "Come on, we've gotta go."

Lydia pulled away from me slowly, looking up with swollen eyes from not allowing tears to escape. "I don't think he loves me anymore."

My heart broke at the words and I smoothed back her shiny hair, giving her a meek smile. "If he doesn't, then it's his loss. He's a tool and you're the smartest, most beautiful, talented girl in this school and if he can't see that then he's an even bigger idiot than I thought."

A single tear escaped from her eye that I whisked away with my thumb, Lydia giving me a sad smile before she walked away.

Taking a deep breath, I pushed back all the emotions raging inside of me and followed after her, cramming myself in the back of a car that should've never come with one.

{Okay, so I just realized that I'm not sure if I ever told you what Stiles and Rae's ship name is. It's Stae. I thought it was adorably and incredibly fitting. Carry on.}

I apologize for how long these two chapters are. I write whole episodes in one chapter and then split them and I couldn't find a good way to split this one three ways. It's not even split that great between these two chapters. I literally just split it at the best spot that I saw and then added a closing line because I didn't want to change anything.

Anyways, these chapters are kinda crap, but I kind of like the next chapter. I could've probably done a better job, but I was so sick of writing this episode. I don't even want to edit these but I would hate to give them to the lovely stilesmccalls to proofread without at least editing once more.

I edit a lot, just so you know. I edit with Grammarly while I write, edit again on my laptop, and then I read it on my phone on the 'view as reader' mode while I edit on my computer. And then I send it to my boo for proofreading. It's a long ass process so I hope you appreciate it. Lol.

And honestly, go give my honeydew some love because she's a big help with this book. Not only is she a great proofreader but she gives me the motivation to finish the book. It's nice to actually have someone be able to read it and tell me what they think. I get super excited to share it, but then I can't yet so I lose motivation. Or I just simply lose motivation and her kind words boost me back to wanting to give this to you. Literally, she's the only reason I finished this episode as fast as I did.

Anyways,

I love you guys.

~SiriusCatBennett

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 1.1K 15
๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—น - sonnet alcott must experience the hunger games again but this time, finnick odair is there with her. the hunger games: catching fi...
13.6K 434 12
this is about a boy reincarnated as Ritsuka fujimaru into Fgo and started a journey to save the world with both Fgo heroes and shadow monarch powers...
16K 402 13
Waverely made out of of her games alive, but she isn't the same sweet innocent girl who went into that arena. She tries to adjust to her new life as...
7.2K 203 7
you got a hold on me, i never met someone so different. โช FINNICK ODAIR โซ โ–‘ oc: nerissa hong โ–‘ pre-thg / mockingjay โ–‘ i...