Will of a Hero ● Todobakudeku...

By Pandalion23

Being the daughter of the Number One Hero, (Y/n) Yagi had to learn how to overcome her fears at a young age... More

Prologue
{0}
{1}
{3}
{4}
{5}
{6}
{7}
{8}
{9}
{10}
{11}
{12}
{13}
{14}
{15}
{16}
{17}
{18}
{19}
{20}
{21}
{22}
{23}
{24}
{25}
{26}
{27}
{28}
{29}
{30}
{31}
{32}
{33}

{2}

7.5K 207 300
By Pandalion23

After a year of your complicated relationship between Izuku and Katsuki, becoming close friends with both boys meant you had to split your time at moments. There'd be days where Katsuki would literally aim to blow Izuku up, you and the firecracker go at it, usually your quirk gets involved and left he's grumbling in the corner. Technically conceited to your plea. But, that meant neither of them would want to be around each other, even with Izuku trying to apologize for whatever he did wrong. Of course, you never understood at the time that they're both pining for your time alone, unfortunately they usually get into a few disagreements about who gets you the most for the day, of course you're not aware of this.

That hasn't changed even now, although both argue silently about your shared time with both of them. You hardly ever noticed , too happy to have them both in your company.

When you woke up, a few days after your nearly fatal surgery, you awoke to instant pain, unable to speak, hardly able to move without an agonizing sting running through your spine. You began to breathe heavily, your eye's opening wide as you struggled to breath, something didn't feel right, everything hurt. It hurts, god you just wanted to fall back into a blissful, painless sleep, but the pain didn't let you relax, it only seemed to start over every minute it dulled.

Your head turned slightly as you could hear the heart monitor beeping harshly over the ringing in your ears, you gasped for breath as you whimpered. Staring up at the ceiling you closed your eye's as they burned with painful tears, "D-dad..." you choked out, where was he? Was he here? Couldn't he hear your cries? You covered your mouth, coughing harshly, water, you needed water. You turned your head towards the door, silently pleading for someone to help you, instead your eye's were met with a stuffed bear, a brown bear. It's fur was a mess and it was actually burned at the edges, blackened rough pieces of fur sticking up, you knew who it was from. You couldn't help the ghost of a smile that washed over your face, your head leaning down into the pillow of your hospital bed, you caught sight of the flowers beside the bear. Camila's, two of them with different colors, red and pink, you had once told Izuku that each flower had a meaning, you also told him how much you loved flowers themselves. You didn't hear the heart monitor as strongly, but you didn't notice as you could only stare at the things on your bedside.

You hardly budged as the doors of your room were opened, two nurses shuffling inside, your ears hadn't stopped ringing, you realized as one nurse took your face in her hands softly, talking to you. You couldn't hear anything but mumbled whispers, as if as the were so far away, you looked at her blankly, the pain had dulled down, you just wanted water. The nurse thought ahead, the other one sitting you up, you didn't realize she was injecting a syringe into your I.V. you could feel your body numbing and you sighed calmly, it felt better. They gave you a cup of water, you pressed the cup to your lips, your fingers shaking, you could hardly hold it. You held it tighter, enough to hurt, as you took a few sips, the nurse beside you seeing your difficulty, took it from you before pushing the move able stand, for food, in front of you. You smiled at her thankfully before she gave you a straw and you drank from the cup greedily, the cold liquid flowing through your throat elicited a happy moan from your lips.

"There ya go," she coaxed, rubbing your back as the other nurse smiled from the front of your bed as you slowly sat all the way up. You could see now that a polar bear stuffed animal was at the edge of your bed, your eye's widened slightly and then they softened. Shouto.... You smiled lightly, drinking quietly as the nurse took notes of your condition before replacing your I.V. and checking your blood flow.

After a few moments, they left, giving you no time to ask any other questions, you pouted quietly before moving aside your third cup of water to move onto your fourth. However, midway, you jumped as the door opened without warning, you turned and you gasped before smiling widely. You moved the sliding platter over, almost too roughly as you father stood in the doorway, eye's watering in relief and his grin impossibly wide as he rushed over to you. "Daddy!" Your voice cracked alittle but you leaned over the side, still attached to your I.V. your father wrapped his arm's around you, crushing you, as gently as he could, to his chest.

He pulled away after enclosing you in his warm for a few moments, "(y/n), darling, oh my darling," he kissed your forehead lovingly, breathing in shakily as he finally was able to hold you after so long. He laughed in relief, in awe, "Oh my little girl, you're awake. How do you feel?" He caressed your face, he couldn't help but silent as he saw your face, you were aive, color was returning to your cheeks and you were grinning up at him.

You looked at your father, he was in a hospital gown, like you, his torso wrapped in bandages, he had lost weight, alot of it. His two strands of hair, usually standing straight up were now limp and hanging at the sides of his face, he still had a build of muscle but he was gradually losing it. You placed your hands atop his, "I'm okay, I feel fine now. It hurt alittle when I woke up, but I feel much better," you smiled, Toshinori grinned relaxing slightly. "But, what about you? Are you ok? You're hurt," you reached out, your fingertips touching the bandages across his shoulder, staring up at him worriedly.

Your father chuckled slightly, you were still worried about him even if you were in just as much pain, if not more, a few moments ago. "I'm alright, love. Don't worry about me," he cupped the side of your face, stroking your cheek with his thumb fondly. "You're wonderful, darling." You giggled at him cutely, your hand pressed into his, holding his large finger in your tiny grip.

He then scoops you up as gently as he can and hugs you again, you bury your head into his chest, holding him close, you could hardly remember what had led you both here, but you were glad that you could embrace him again. It's been so long.
Toshinori held you just as close, his smile flickered and he closed his eyes, you wouldn't be able to comprehend the relief he was feeling right now, he was grateful, so grateful to have you breathing and safe in his arms. He'd never take a moment with you for granted, he'd never let you feel like you weren't important enough to him. He'd be the father he promised you.

As the days went on in the hospital, you watched as your father grew skinnier, your worry becoming apparent as you questioned it. He didn't move around as much anymore, the doctors told him it wasn't healthy, he had surgery the day after you woke up and you couldn't help the swell of sadness that overcame you. You wished you could do something, you wanted so badly to be able to help your father, but as you stared down at your hands, you couldn't will your power to come forth. There was nothing to give, you were drained, you felt so powerless.

You turned towards your flower vase, the sunflower your father had given you when you were asleep, it leaned your way as if beckoning you. You reached towards it, your hands wrapping around its stem and lifting it from the water. It dripped onto your sheets as you laid it flat in front of you, you hadn't used your quirk for a while. You hoped this would be enough to help your father heal, you closed your eye's and took a breath before you urged your quirk to flow to your arm's. You felt it...but it wasn't the same. Your eye's burst open, you let out a silent scream, it was suffocating, your hands going to your chest instantly, it hurt, your chest felt like it was on fire. You felt your heart pulse and beat harshly, with every pulse you felt a splinter of pain, it rushed through you like a current and you were hit with every wave. Drowning you. You realized you couldn't breath, you let out a choked cry as you fell backwards, clutching your burning chest desperately. It lasted for a few more minutes, but it felt like hours, you whimpered as the nurses finally arrived to check on you. Informing you of the dangers of using your quirk now that the accident had happened, you cried silently when they left.

You saw your father, the next day, you were attempting to walk after weeks of being in a hospital bed. Your right leg was still swollen and bandaged in a brace but you held onto your I.V. pole for support. You were walking out of your father's room after an hour, avoiding your doctor, who would undoubtedly tell you to go back to bed. Your father was still asleep when you arrived but when you held his hand his fingers squeezed around yours and you knew he could hear every word you'd tell him. So, you leaned your chin on his forearm and told him everything that you could, how worried you were for him, how strong he always was for you, and that you'd get stronger...for the both of you. You half limped and half hopped down the hospital hallway, holding tightly onto the metal I.V. pole as it rolled with you along the hallway.

You were halfway down, sweating slightly as you panted, it was starting to hurt, and you hadn't encountered any nurses yet. You began to turn around, heading back to your room, you leaned over slightly winded and looked over as you caught a familiar face across the hall. There he was...walking out of the elevator, a small red rose in his hand and a thick bandage over his left eye, he looked down the opposite hall before he turned and his eye went wide. "(Y/n)?" He questioned before rushing over, he stopped next to you, holding your unoccupied hand and had an arm around your waist to steady you. "What are you doing up? You shouldn't be walking around so soon, you're hurt."

You grinned sheepishly, blushing embarrassed as he helped you down the hall, clutching his hand as you limped to your room. "Sho-kun, I didn't know you were--" you paused, your smile fading as another figure came through the elevator, low flames flowing from the man, his head held high and steam rolling off his shoulders casually as he towered over you both. Shouto frowned at the sight of him and looked away, silently seething before looking over at you and helping you along. Passing by Endeavor, you looked over your shoulder, hardly able to speak a word as you linked eye's with the large man, his hardened expression did nothing to soothe your unease. "Hello, Mr.Todoroki..." you mumbled, but Shouto didn't let you stop and helped you to your room, opening the door.

Endeavor didn't follow, instead he stood where he was, never breaking eye contact even as he watched you enter the room. You shivered, the man always scared you, no matter what he did, you couldn't imagine living with him. You glanced at Shouto, still frowning as he saw his father, although he had come with him he still didn't enjoy his company. He never really seemed too.

You squeezed his hand as the door slowly closes behind you, "I'm glad you're here," you say, looking up at him, a soft smile on your face. He looks at you seemingly surprised before the corners of his lips tug upwards and he looks away from you, he's had a hard time letting his emotions peek through recently. You knew about the scar, and his mother, you just knew not to ask about it, you wanted him to think of other things, things that made him happy when he came to visit you. Hopefully you can change that before he hardens completely, you'd hate to see such a smile go to waste, you hope you can brighten his days if only alittle. "I love Frosty, he's so warm," you giggle at the contrast and Shouto looks at you oddly as he helps you back onto your bed.

"Who's Frosty?" He questions, raising a brow out of curiosity.

You grin before reaching behind your pillow, pulling out a white stuffed bear, slamming him down in front of you, "Captain, Admiral Frosty, at your service!" You took the paw of the bear and let him salute himself before plopping him back into your lap with a laugh.

Shouto chuckled in amusement at your antics, before smiling softly. "I didn't know if you'd like it, or the balloons. I'm happy you like it, and named it...Frosty," he shook his head while you giggled to yourself. He felt a warm feeling as you clutched the bear to you tighter, your fingers playing with its small ears absent-mindedly. You always made him feel so many things even when he knew he wasn't supposed to feel much of anything, but he hoped you'd stay with him long enough for him to portray those feelings back to you. He hoped you'd let him try.

You had a single balloon tied to the edge of your bed, it was a comforting measure for you and you were happy to know it came from Shouto. "I love them, thank you Sho-kun!" You beamed at him and he couldn't help the way his face became hot and his cheeks suddenly grew pink.

The two of you spent the next hour just talking, he would tell you about his week and his sisters, you'd listen and smile, urging him to tell you anything, everything. To get everything off his chest, if only for a day. When he stopped, unwilling to go on, he asked about you, if you felt any pain, what even happened to leave you in the hospital.  You couldn't answer the last one, you didn't really know, but Dad had said that Toxic chainsaw had something to do with it, but you knew that couldn't be the case. Shouto noticed, he knew when you were lying, when you were even having a hard time processing. He could read you like a book, something that you've always found yourself envious of, because you could never do the same. At least, that's what you thought.

But, Shouto didn't push, even if he wanted too. He just was glad you were ok.

Later on, it was nearing the afternoon, you and Shouto sat quietly with one another, the TV blaring softly across the room. It was a new cartoon that came out, you've never heard of it and neither had Shouto, but it gave a childish comfort that you both needed. You laid on his shoulder as he sat at the edge of your bed, he was reluctant at first, not wanting to invade your hospital space but you pulled on him eagerly. He was blushing from ear to ear, but he stayed still not wanting to aggravate your wounds if he shifted you. He was happy though, that you wanted him to be so close, maybe that meant that you liked him too?

The door opened, a nurse stepped in, surprising you both as you leaned up off of Shouto's shoulder, "Ey! Oh, I'm sorry, oh you're so adorable!" The nurse swooned and you both glanced at one another, you chuckled while Shouto seemed alittle embarrassed, "Alright, Ms.Yagi. Here drink this and your next scheduled operation is in a few minutes, ok?" She placed a glass of water in front of you, she was taking out your I.V. and you frowned, looking down at your cup.

"Another one?" You asked before she nodded and gave you a small pill to take with your water, "What for? I thought I was ok, now?" You took your water in your hands, looking down at it sadly, you hated going into surgery.

The nurse smiled at you comfortingly. "It's just alittle one this time, since you're recovering so quickly. We have to help your heart, it's still hurting you, isn't it?" You placed a hand on your chest, your expression hardening before you saddened further.

Shouto gasped inaudibly, his eyes going wide before he looks at you. Your heart? Your heart was hurting you? You had been hurt far worse than he had originally thought, hadn't you? Why didn't you say it was hurting you? He would've gotten the nurse, he wouldn't have let you stayed up all this time! You needed to rest! "Is she gonna be ok, after?" He tried to speak as calm as he could as he stared down the nurse.

The nurse looked at him before nodding. "Of course, she's gonna be healthy as can be. Don't worry everything will be fine," she then looked back at you, "ok? Don't you worry, I'm gonna take good care of you."

You nodded, although your smile didn't reach your eyes.

Shouto glanced at the nurse before glaring, something about her didn't feel right. Why did he have a bad feeling about her?

"Shouto."

The boy stiffened and you raised your head to look at the open doorway, Endeavor stood there, glaring down at his son and glancing back at you. "Time to go."

Shouto looked at you, you gave him a comforting smile as the nurse told you to lay back, Shouto kept eye contact with you as he climbed off the bed. Your hand still wrapped around his, "Thanks for coming, Shouto," you said, smiling faintly.

Shouto brought your hand up to his lips, pressing your palm against his lips, he didn't want to leave you. "Shouto!" Endeavor called, and his shoulders slackened as he forced himself to let you go.

Your eye's were drooping closed as he walked towards his father, looking back at you as the nurse made sure you swallowed the pill she had given you before glancing at him. She smiled warmly, deceivingly before the door closed behind him, he didn't feel right about leaving you. Not at all.

As your eye's closed, your body going limp from the medication flowing through your system and numbing your body and mind. The woman leaned over you, brushing a few strands of hair from your pretty face, she let herself settle beside you, laying down beside you on the bed. She didn't dare tear her eyes away from you, she wanted to catch every single detail, every breath that except your lips, every shift of movement, every rise of your chest. She leaned against your face, pressing her cheek to yours and moaned lovingly, she leaned down her nose touching your neck and she inhaled harshly. Throwing her head back, she laughed quietly and her hands came to the sides of her face, clamping down on your cheeks she pulled you up to her. "Oh, you smell delightful, such a treat. Such a delicacy, oh!" Her nails dragged softly against your face, torturing herself as she craved to take one, just one, bite of your sultry skin. "I have to wait, ah! I have to--I have to wait, my darling," she bit her lip, her sharpened teeth biting into her bottom lip, drawing blood.

She leaned down, straddling your waist now, being careful not to suffocate your smaller body with her weight, her tongue falls at the side of her lips and she takes her head in her hands. The urge overtaking her, she wanted to taste your blood, she wanted to feed on your fresh, young blood. Your quirk, it was divine, it mingled with the life of the earth, replenishing and healing your blood stream, it wasn't dirty and disgusting like the rest of the world's. She's never smelled anything so enchanting, so bewitching, so deliciously frightening. She was going mad, she needed to take a bite out of your neck, she needed to let her thoughts roam as she suckled on your oblivious, little body.

No! She gasped, breathing heavily as she took her head in her hands as her thoughts cleared and her quirk slowly tamed. Her nails sinking back into her fingertips, she breathed deeply and let out as long sigh. She needed to keep this under control, she had too, she needed to make her master proud, she had a mission to complete.

Carefully, she climbed off of your still body, licking her lips and biting back the thoughts that clouded her mind.  You have to wait....you have to wait, wait, wait, wait! She panted heavily before shaking her head and taking something out of her nurses pocket, she held it in her hand and looked it over. A red soft-colored gem, no bigger than her own palm, she could see the spirals of energy flowing through it, circulating within the transparent stone. She was told it was meant for you, she just had to place it into your chest.

She frowned, how could she do that without breaking through your skin? She leaned over you once more, opening your hospital gown, she stared at the bandages covering up your closing wounds. She glanced up outside the door, she could hear the voices of the nurses outside, she had to move quickly before she was caught. "Here we go, darling," she said, glancing down at your peaceful, oblivious face. She began to unwrap your bandages slowly, carefully, clenching the stone in her hand, it was warm, almost buzzing with energy that she could feel vibrating through her fingers. She wondered what it would do to you?

As the woman found herself staring at your wound, she tilted her head to the side, the skin around the stitches was bruised and closing gashes traveled down your torso. She glanced back up at you, she didn't think that any child should've survived something like this, you were just becoming even more interesting.  She smirked before bringing the gem up to her face, it was an orb shape at the top, the energy circulating more violently from its smoother front. The bottom, however, was sharp and rugged, she wondered if her master planned for her to kill the girl, if so, why did he tell her to make sure she's alive? Was he playing some kind of twisted game?

She shook her head of her disturbed thoughts before she held the stone in her hand, pointing it forwards towards your bare chest, the bandages covering up your developing body but left your stitches open. She held it like a knife, ready to plunge the sharp end into your chest, she glanced up at your face once more, she wondered for a second of she was doing the right thing....She shook her head immediately, she's never felt remorse before, why should she now. This girl was nothing special, you weren't...you weren't...she sighed and her gaze softened.

She laid across from you once more, letting your colder body lean against her body heat, your head leaning on her own chest. Her heart pulsed, throbbing, she hesitated as she still held the sharp stone to your chest, she could now feel the metal stitched into the sides in her palm. She'd let you have her company as you died, she could give you that much, her lips brushed against your forehead and she took in your sweet scent again. She'd miss it, she'd miss the pulsing of your blood and the flow of your heart against hers, once she was done, you'd be hers. She'd gladly take your body for herself, draining your blood one day at a time, if she hadn't been so eager to please her master she'd just take you with her, maybe raise you and feed on you as you grew. You'd forgive her each time, you were a kind child, oblivious to your own wellbeing at times, she knew she could love you easily. You had already stolen so many hearts and you've hardly begun to live.

She closed her eyes, breathing softly against your skin, "Sleep peaceful, love," she whispered, her other arm cradling your head to her neck before she closed her eyes and pierced your chest, plunging the stone deep into your heart. She whimpered slightly before sighing, she had done it, she had truly...she rested her hand against your chest, expecting to smell the sweetness of your blood, to finally have her fingers coated in the thick substance. But, she didn't feel anything but your stitches, she looked down, pulling away from you and finding herself staring at your unharmed stitches. "What?" She gasped, before looking up at you, you weren't awake so you couldn't have done that. So, what happened?

She received her answer as in the darkness of the room, the day quickly fading to afternoon, a faint light pulsed in your chest, before a round orb began to force itself through your skin. But, no blood came through, as if it was phasing straight through your skin, it settled between the developing mounds on your chest. A faint light pulsed before it drained into your body, you breathed sharply making the woman turn towards you, you didn't wake but she did see as your veins glowed almost unnoticeably, a calm gold color before fading away once more.

The stone just stayed there, now as if surgically placed, it didn't bleed or cut into your skin but it had lost its color, draining whatever was inside, into your own body. It's pearl like exterior stood out and it would be hard not to notice when she woke up, hopefully the doctors wouldn't be dumb enough to try to remove it. The stone was smooth and cool to the touch but slowly began to adjust to your body temperature, warming up and now it seemed to be apart of you, the metal sides curved around the red, pearl stone on the top of your skin around the object. It didn't seem like it could be removed, hopefully it wouldn't hurt you too much when you awoke.

The woman finally leaned down, realizing her work was complete, her long, dark hair leans forwards in waves to drape around your face as she kisses you softly before pulling away. She adjusts your bandages correctly, typing them tightly before stroking your face one last time. She leans down, taking the needle from your arm, chuckling to herself as she takes the half pint of blood that had slowly filled the plastic pouch. She takes it, quickly placing it in her jacket before taking your bloody needle in her mouth and sucking gently as she replaces your I.V. she moans and feels a sudden overwhelming sensation run through her. She covers her mouth, her eyes rolling as she mewls in bliss at the taste, her eyes changing to a dark color as she fulfills her quirks needs. It's exquisite, it's divine, it's...she quickly takes the blood pouch from her pocket and rips it open with her teeth, she squeezes it as she engorged herself on the delectable taste of your life fluid. She gasps as if starved and deprived as she gulps it all down, she hears something, footsteps, she quickly rips herself away from the bag and glances towards the window as the door opens.

A nurse wheels your dinner inside, her back to the intruder, as she carefully makes her way inside. She turns, confused to see you asleep already, she sighs softly however and moves close to tuck the covers over you. A gentle breeze startles her and her head whips around, the window was open, who would leave it open at this time? She walks over, closing the window shut and locking it, before tending to you once more.

The woman from before rips away her nurses outfit, her body held up on the roof by two dark tails, red veins running through them like a pulse. She smirks, her blood stained lips dripping with your fresh blood, before she leaps off of the roof top and onto the next attached building. She'd see you again, she's sure. How could she ever stay away from such a delectable little one, you'd be hers for sure.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 4.8K 15
Midoriya practically begged me to switch dorms... "Please Todoroki, I've put up with Kacchan too long , I think I might be going crazy!" The helpless...
31.3K 703 27
"𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙟𝙪𝙞𝙘𝙮! 𝙋𝙤𝙥 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙩𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙗𝙞𝙩𝙘𝙝" [L/N] [Y/N] tries to be subtle about her growing feelings for her classmate. OR you ru...
71.5K 3K 57
With their childhood behind them, Katsuki Bakugou and Shouto Todoroki are entering high school closer than ever. Always having the other to lean on...
35.1K 2.1K 47
[Please refrain from reading this fic. It's old, and I had no idea what I was doing. You will cringe at my writing. Please do yourself a favor here.]...