Orphange |h.s a.g|

By sincerelyhariana

Love. It's a simple word with a complex meaning. For Claire Harmon, love does things to her that she never im... More

Orphange h.s|a.g
New beginnings
When you blush.
What was he like?
Starbucks.
The Way
I do not love you
Emergency scares
Early morning love
Surprise Occasions
Receptions and suitcases
I love you.
Your lips...
18.
not an update sorry
Interviews
Happy Birthday
Gone girl.
ENDING A/N
To whom it may concern...
THE END

Broken plates and best friends.

201 7 0
By sincerelyhariana

A loud crash causes my body to jolt away, and I sit up right away. Again, Harry isn't next to me when I wake up. I stretch and trudge out of bed, slowly making my way to the kitchen.

"What was that noise?" I ask Harry when I step into the kitchen.

"Don't come in here. There's glass everywhere." He walks over and delicately kisses my forehead before giving his attention back to cleaning up the shattered plates on the tile.

"What happened?" I sit on the wooden floors of the hallway and lean against a wall.

"I was emptying the dishwasher and tried to carry every plate I have at once." He laughs and throws the last piece of glass away before helping me up. "Wanna go get breakfast then shop for new plates?"

"Sounds great." I walk back to the bedroom and open up the closet, and pull a black crop top off a hanger. I get black pumps and high waisted skinny jeans along with new undergarments and quickly change in the bathroom. Harry knocks on the door as I'm brushing my hair, and I tell him to come in. Harry messes with his hair for a minute or so before brushing his teeth and sitting on the counter top. I apply my normal makeup, put my hair in a ponytail, and brush my teeth. We grab our phones and he gets his keys, and soon enough we're headed off to a little diner he says he loves.

We walk in and sit in a booth near the back, and then order coffee along with eggs and bacon.

"You look extra pretty today." Harry says and takes a sip of his coffee.

"You don't look so bad yourself." I smile at him and he returns the favor, a little tint of pink raising to his cheeks. We make eye contact and I feel myself smile as I look at bright green eyes.

"How's your food loves?" The older waitress asks us, causing Harry and I to break our gaze.

"It's very good, thank you. Could we get the check please?" Harry asks and she smiles and nods before scurrying off to get our bill. I stick my last piece of bacon in my mouth as he finishes his coffee.

"Have a nice day, you two." The woman smiles yet again and I thank her as Harry sticks a twenty into the check cover.

After breakfast we head to some store that didn't have a name on the front to shop for plates.

My fingers trace an intricate pattern on a wooden bowl as Harry stands next to me looking at clear plates.

"Do you like it?" His voice pulls my attention away from the bowl and when I look at him I see him looking at it.

"It's beautiful. It reminds me of this salad bowl my grandmother had." I smile and put the bowl back on the shelf.

"Why are you putting it back?" He looks at me like I'm crazy as he puts into the basket he's holding. "I needed a new salad bowl anyway." He snakes his arm around my waist and we spend a good twenty minutes looking at different plates before he settles on a set exactly like the ones he shattered.

The dishes get paid for and within twenty more minutes we're walking back through the front door and putting them away. I tease him the entire time about not carrying too many at once which I think is funny but him... not so much.

"Oh shit." I pretend to drop the plate, earning a glare from Harry.

"Stop it." He pouts playfully and takes the dish from me.

I pick up another one and hold it in my hands. "Or what? Are you gonna drop me?" He smirks at me and the second the plate gets put into the cupboard he picks me up and slings me over his shoulder. I wrap my arms around his waist and squeal as he lets go for a split second.

"What was that about dropping you again?" He remarks and I unwrap my arms to smack his butt, and boy do I do it hard. He laughs loudly and tightens his grip with one arm right under my butt and the other near my knee.

He walks out of the kitchen while laughing and I crane my neck around his body to see him walking towards the bedroom. He drops me on the bed and I laugh when he climbs over me, propping himself up with his elbows.

Our little laughing fit quickly grows serious and he leans down, kissing me lightly. My mind goes blank as his lips massage mine, sending waves of electricity through my body. I manage to flip us over and he smirks as he slowly sits up, keeping his arms around my torso while I'm on his lap. Our lips meet again, and I swear to go I have never felt anything as great as Harry's hands sliding down my body and rest on my thighs. I pull away and push his hair out of his face to admire the man I've quickly fallen in love with. My thumb traces his jaw line and down his neck to the collar of his shirt.

"If you want me take it off you can just ask." He winks at me with a cheeky grin on his face, and I decide to take him by surprise and pull hem off the shirt up and taking it off of him. He seems slightly shocked but just looks at me with mesmerizing eyes and traces his fingers on my hips.

My fingers traces the birds on his collarbones, before going down and outlining the butterfly. It wasn't until I got the the lowest point of the ferns on his hips that he closes his eyes and clenches his jaw. He raises his hands and grips the hem of my shirt, taking it off before opening his eyes.

His fingertips lightly touch the bare skin of my waist before connecting our lips once again. He kisses me lightly a few times then moves his lips to my neck, softly kissing from my jaw down to collarbone and back up. His lips find my sweet spot and a slight moan escapes my lips, and he smirks against my skin.

"I love you." Harry buries his head in the crook of my neck and hooks his fingers through the belt loops on my jeans.

"I love you, Harry." I rest my head against his.

His lips find mine again just as my phone starts to ring. I pull away from Harry and grab my phone off of the nightstand. Zoe's name and picture is lighting up my phone which puts a small smile on my face.

"Hey Zoe." I put the phone on speaker as I pull my shirt back over my head.

"What's up, love?" Her voice flows into the room.

"With Harry. How have you been? It's been a little while since we've talked." Harry walks out the room and I lay down on the bed. "Well I was with him before he walked away."

"I've been okay, just like always. More importantly how are things with you? It must be a big transition." I hear barking in the background and Zoe yells at her dog to shut up.

"I love it here, Zoe. I feel more at home than I have since I left you.  Zayn and Perrie make great parents, the boys and girls from their bands are the sweetest people ever. It's really great." I smile and pick at my nails.

"What about things with Harry?"

"He's amazing Zoe. The sweetest boy on the planet. I'm in so deep it's crazy. I love him." I sit up and cross my legs.

"That's great." Zoe's voice cracks at the end and it literally breaks my heart to hear what she has to say next. "I miss you, Claire. I miss my best friend."

The next twenty minutes are basically spent with almost no talking and a lot of crying. I didn't realize how much I missed her until I sat down and thought about it. I hear the front door close and Harry yelling that he got lunch.

Zoe and I say goodbye, I change very quickly, then meet Harry in the kitchen. His back is to me and he's putting McDonald's onto two plates. I sit on a stool in front of him and he immediately stops what he's doing when he looks at me.

"Why were you crying?" He asks, his eyebrows knitting together as he tries to figure out what might have happened.

"I miss Zoe." I feel more tears coming and when I cover my face with my hand Harry runs around the island and pulls me out of my seat, enveloping me in a huge hug.

He stays silent as he rubs my back slowly, calming down within a few minutes. I pull away from the hug and sit back down, him sitting next to me.

Throughout the meal he cracks jokes, making me better by the time I'm done with my food.

"I gotta make a phone call but I'll be right back." He walked off to a part of the house that I haven't been to and I sit on the stool, texting Niall. Niall's a great friend, he's very sweet and understanding. I'm lucky to have him.

I send him a bunch of emoji's as Harry walks back in,a huge smile on his face as he walks over to me.

"Go pack your bag. We're going to America." The second the word America slips out if his lips I jump out of my seat and almost tackle him in a hug.

"No but seriously, the flight leaves in an hour so you might want to pack." He pulls me into the room and helps me pack since I was too shaky to even get something off the hanger. I'm running around the room making sure I have everything when out of nowhere I remember two things.

"I can't go." I sit on the end of the end of the bed and Harry walks over, kneeling in front of me.

"Yes you can." He pushes a piece of my hair behind my ear and softly smiles.

"I have school tomorrow and I was told I couldn't go to someone else house, leave the continent." I leave forward and press my forehead against Harry's shoulder.

"I talked to Zayn just now and he said it's okay. He understands what it's like to be far away from loved ones. Now, we're all packed up, and I'm gonna put put bags in the car." He kisses my forehead before pulling both bags out of the room. I walk into the bathroom and look at the myself in the full length mirror. I'm wearing gray Nike sweatpants, a black v neck, and black vans. I sigh and throw my hair into a messy bun before grabbing Harry's phone, along with my own, and walking outside.

I get in the car and hand him my phone, then begin making arrangements with Zoe's dad.

I click on his contact and it rings a few times before he answers.

"The infamous Claire Malik! How are you?" He greets me which puts a smile on my face.

"Hey Tony. I actually have some news. My boyfriend and I are flying to America today and I really want to surprise Zoe. The flight's about eight hours long and we won't be landing until around 6 am so I was wondering if I could come over at around 10 am tomorrow morning? I know it's a school day but please?" I cross my fingers as Harry slows the car down to stop at a light.

"Of course, Claire. We all miss you and we wouldn't pass up an opportunity to see you." Tony's words put a huge smile on my face and I see a flash go off from the corner of my eye.

"I thought the flash was off." Harry nervously laughs as he continues to drive.

"Was that your boyfriend?" Tony asks after Harry talks.

"The one and only. I think you'll him. We're pulling up to the airport so I'm gonna go. I'll text you when I land." I end the call as Harry parks the car, and we begin the trek of getting on the plane. I pull a hoodie over my head and put the hood up, while Harry does the same. The airport is fairly empty when we walk in and no one takes notice of us as we go to a separate part to get on a private plane.

-----

"Babe, wake up. We're here." Harry lightly shakes me out of my heavy sleep and when I open my eyes he's already changed and ready to go. "Take your time, it's only half past five."

I thank him groggily and stumble to the bathroom. Thirty minutes later I walk out wears leggings, a white crop top, and a gray swester. My makeup is done and as I'm tying my shoes an idea is going through my head.

I rush and dial Tony's number and he answers quite quickly. "Have her go to school. I'm like wide awake and so is Harry and I want to surprise her at school. Can you set something up with the office to let her leave with us?"

Tony agrees and to my surprise Harry rushes me out of the plane as soon as I press end. We get into a black car, and surprisingly I was allowed to drive. Probably because I know how to get to my home town from here. The drive takes an hour, and school hasn't even started, so we decide to go to McDonalds and get breakfast. After eating in the car we drive around for another hour as I show him my favorite parts about the town. By the time we finish breakfast, do a tour, and get coffee it's 9 am and I decide now would be a good time to get Zoe.

"Are you ready?" Harry asks as I pull the key out of the ignition. I stare at the building in front of me and tears form in my eyes as I think of how I spent my childhood dreaming about life here. 

"Yeah, I am." We both get out of the car and sign in at the office, and get directions to Zoe's current class.

We navigate our way through the school and the door to her classroom is closed. Looking inside the window I see her staring out the window. A smile spreads across her face as she laughs at something the person next to her said.

Harry promises he'll catch her and I if we fall over, I take a deep breath, and pull the door open. Everyone's heads turn towards the door, and Zoe's is last. The look on her face when she made eye contact with me is one I will always remember. She bursts into tears as we sprints across the classroom and literally jumps into a hug. I stumble backwards as I wrap my arms around her, and just as promised Harry helps steady us.

Everything in the world disappears as a feeling of happiness rushes over me and tears I was trying to hold back pour out of my eyes. We pull away and wipe our eyes, just smiling at each other.

I see various girls trying to hold in screams and Harry intertwines our fingers.

"What's your teachers name?" I whisper to her and she whispers back his name.

"Hey, Mr. Walker, my name is Claire and this is my boyfriend Harry, and we're taking Zoe with us." I smile widely at him as Zoe rushes to get her things around. As soon as we finish we basically go 20 miles over the speed limit to get to her house.

Zoe almost pulls my arm out of the socket as she tugs me inside, screaming at the top of her lungs telling her dad I was here.

"I know." He laughs as we walks into the living room, then engulfs in a hug.

"You must be Harry." Tony turns to Harry who sticks his hand out for a handshake.

"My dad met your boyfriend before I did. My dad met Harry Styles before I did. What?" Zoe laughs and I just now realize they didn't get introduced.

"I met him first because I'm cooler. He likes me better." Her dad flips imaginary hair and sticks out his hip, causing me to let out a terrible laugh.

"Yeah, I do. Sorry Claire, I'm replacing you." Harry laughs and I nudge his side, laughing as I walk into the kitchen and pull water bottles out of the fridge. I give one to each person in the room and we spend the next two hours catching up.

This next week is going to be amazing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 213 21
By being a good samaratin one night in a dark alley in the city, Jenna learned quickly, that no good deed goes unpunished. But by being kidnapped wit...
1K 28 10
When Nick passed, he left behind a broken Liz and a supportive love-struck Harry. Harry has promised to be with Liz no matter what, to take care of h...
11K 557 32
It's like a switch went off.