Tell Me The Truth ~ Peter x H...

Autorstwa erensdaddyissues

Harley Keener takes an internship position at Stark Tower. He meets a boy named Peter Parker. What happens ne... Więcej

✱introduction✱
✱disclaimer✱
Welcome to New York
Internship Day 1
What's Your Secret?
The Perks of Being an Intern
Conversations Between Two Lovers of Fika
An Expression Made of Steel
A Deep Breath and A Genuine Laugh
Cities of the Cemeteries
Promise?
Go Kick Some Ass
Wakanda
Ever Heard of Spider-Man?
Peter & Tony's Plan
Peter's Breaking Point
Trials and Tribulations
Being A Superhero Can Be Electrifying
The Coming Out Chronicles of Peter Parker
The Three Words
Virginity Rocks
Harley's Dilemma
Peter's Surprise
Electro
Identity Reveal
Harley vs. Harley
Nick Fury
Peter Breaks The Rules Part 1,001
A Close Call
Okay, Okay, Okay
Two Reasons For Being Terrified
The Return
The Epitome of Apocalypse
Harley's Heroism
The Final Fight
A New Beginning
A Big Decision and A Big Mistake
A Beautiful Feeling of Sadness

Who's Harley?

7.2K 246 533
Autorstwa erensdaddyissues

(A/N *this is a completely irrelevant teenage problems rant.* before this chapter gets started, I just wanted to say that I left my high school to do online high school and I'm really excited about it because the online school has so many more courses and things I want to do but I'm also really stressed out because of like 14 different things so if you also do online school, hit me up in the comments or in my messages or something and just give me advice because I'm gonna need it. thank you.)

*PETER'S POV*

I locked in on the roof of the tower, where a giant helicarrier waited and everyone was getting ready to go. I webbed the side of the big A for Avengers and skidded to a stop beside Tony, who gave me a disapproving glance as he watched my web fall idly to the ground, still attached to the A.

"It'll dissolve in 2 hours," I assured him with a star smile and he rolled his eyes.

"Okay," Tony addressed the group of superheroes, "now that Peter's here I think the only one we're waiting is... Thor."

Everyone scoffed. "Of course," Natasha said and walked away.

We loaded everything onto the helicarrier and made small talk as we awaited the arrival of the Thunder God.

After a few more minutes, a bright blue light in the distance caught everyone's attention and it grew closer and closer, until it landed on the roof. The light slowly faded and Thor was revealed. He walked up to us with a sorrowful expression. "I do apologize," he boomed, "Loki seemed to find every way he could block me from leaving this morning." Everyone chuckled. "It's alright," Tony huffed. "We do need to get going though, so everyone on."

We loaded the carrier, one by one. I gazed out the foggy window as the hatch was shut and we climbed into the cloudy morning sky. This is my first time on a helicarrier and I'm pretty excited about it.

(I'm sorry to interrupt this but I've been watching American Horror Story all day today to catch up for season 8 and my sister just walked into the house very sneakily and I didn't hear her until she burst into my room to tell me something and I almost went into cardiac arrest.)

"Hey Peter," Natasha called me over to where she, Sam, Steve, and Bucky were sitting at a round table. I walked over there, my face flashing red.

Why do they need me?

"Sit," Sam said with a smirk and subtly nodded towards the only chair still vacant at the table.

I sat down and lowered my head for a second, then sprung it back up.

I don't need to be shy here.

I looked around and awkwardly waited for them to say something.

Natasha's dark green eyes were locked onto me. She was motionless. It felt like she was staring straight into my soul.

Steve had his arms crossed and he was leaned back in his chair. He was raising his eyebrows.

Sam still had his smirk.

Bucky wasn't paying attention at all.

"You're the new recruit," Sam finally said and leaned on the table with his arms crossed. "This is your first mission with everyone..." he searched for the right words, "united. Right?"

I had flashbacks to Berlin. Fighting against Captain America, who was now sitting 3 feet away from me. Fighting against... well, all of these people, really. I fought them for Tony.

"Um, yeah." I muttered.

"Do you think you're ready?" Steve asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be, I guess," I shrugged.

"You've got great potential," Natasha said and glanced at Steve. "If you can defeat that guy, you can defeat almost anyone."

"He did not 'defeat' me." Steve scoffed and put air quotes around the word "defeat." Natasha and Sam raised their eyebrows and smirked at each other.

Bucky still wasn't paying attention.

"Just be careful out there," Natasha put her hand on my shoulder, "it can be dangerous. Even to people like us."

"I will," I assured her. She stood and walked off towards Bruce.

"I still can't believe Stark hired a 16 year old..." Sam shook his head. "You shouldn't be out there. You're too young."

"Well..." I thought about the speeches I made up while in the shower, "when you can do the things I can do, and you don't, that's when people get hurt." He nodded. "And... I don't think I could live with myself if people were threatened and I didn't do something about it."

"That's just part of being an Avenger, man," he fist bumped me and I tried to contain my growing smile. "See ya on the battlefield," he winked and walked away.

I stood up and was about to walk away when I heard Steve's voice.

But he wasn't talking to me.

"Buck," his voice was soft and warm, like caramel. "It's gonna be okay. I promise." His hand was resting on Bucky's shoulder. Bucky stared straight ahead, his hands formed into fists by his sides.

Half of me wanted to lurk in the shadows and listen to the conversation, eager to know what was going on. But the other half of me knew I shouldn't snoop in business that wasn't mine. I walked off and went back to my window.

*THIRD PERSON POV*

Peter sat on the window seat, gazing at the clouds they were passing through, lonesome drops of rain accumulating on the window as they soared across the sky. He almost didn't notice when someone walked right up next to him.

"Hey kid." Tony patted his back. Peter looked at him and smiled. "Hi."

"Got any questions about the mission?"

Peter thought about it. "No, don't think so."

"Okay. Well," Tony leaned against the wall next to Peter with his arms crossed and his voice serious, "I know you're very independent," he scoffed, "but this is a very important mission and I can't have you screwing it up, okay?"

Peter nodded, his head lowered. He fiddled with the hem of his Midtown sweatshirt in silence as he took in Tony's harsh words.

"You've been doing really well on your night patrols and on your smaller missions so far, I'll give you that," Tony continued, "but this is far more serious. I'm going to need you to listen to me, got it?" Tony waited for him to respond.

Peter nodded his head slowly, his eyes burning and a lump in his throat as he remembered the whole ferry incident.

He didn't listen to Tony and tried to take on a whole team of criminals with advanced weapons. Dozens of people almost died. If Tony hadn't shown up and saved the day...

"I'm serious, Peter." Tony snapped Peter out of his flashback. "You aren't old enough to make these kinds of decisions yet. If you're thinking about doing something, don't. Not unless I give you permission. Don't do anything I wouldn't do and especially don't do anything I would do. There's a little gray area in between. Understand?"

Peter scrunched his face up in confusion but nodded in agreement nonetheless.

"Okay then," Tony clapped his hands and patted Peter on the shoulder. "Thanks, kid."

Peter nodded and smiled, still trying to hold back tears. He never wanted Tony to be disappointed in him.

Tony walked off towards the other Avengers and Peter was alone again.

He loved Peter more than anything and he hoped that Peter knew that, even though he was harsh and stern with him a lot of the time. It was because he wanted to protect him. Tony always wanted to keep him safe. Because how could he live knowing he recruited a child to the team and allowed something bad to happen to him? He was overprotective and he knew that, but maybe it was best.

"Hey Stark," Steve grabbed Tony's attention as he walked by, "someone's phone is ringing."

He handed the iPhone to Tony, who recognized it as Peter's. He jogged towards Peter to hand it to him and glanced at the screen.

HARLEY <3

What? Harley who? Tony thought.

"Hey Pete! Your phone's ringing," he handed it to him.

"Oh, thanks," Peter said and smiled widely when he read the caller ID. He answered.

"Hey baby boy." Peter melted at Harley's soft voice.

"Hi," Peter smiled into the phone.

"Is everything going okay? I already miss you."

"Yeah, everything's fine. And I miss you too. I want to be with you."

"Aww," Harley sighed. "Well I guess we'll just have to spend a little extra time together when you get back."

Peter laughed. "Definitely."

Tony eavesdropped on the conversation from a few feet away, although he could only hear what Peter was saying.

Does Peter have a girlfriend?

The conversation seemed to be wrapping up.

"Okay," Peter laughed, his dimples crinkled his freckles dotted along his nose and under his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. No," he laughed again. "Okay, babe. Bye."

"Babe." He really does have a girlfriend! Tony got excited. He'd been waiting for this day. A girl named Harley...

He'd ask Peter about her later on. Right now, he had a mission to focus on.

But he couldn't resist.

"Who was that?" Tony asked casually.

Peter lifted his head, his eyebrows raised. "Oh, just a friend."

"Oh okay. Which one?"

Peter talked about his friends all the time so Tony knew about a lot of them. Ned, Michelle, Betty, just to name a few.

"Harley."

He didn't elaborate.

"Cool." Tony wanted to be more nosy but Peter obviously didn't want to talk about it so he left him alone.

As he walked away again, he thought of something. He laughed.

It's such a coincidence that Peter now has a girlfriend with the same name as the intern they just hired.

-
-
-

{A/N heyyy. I hope you guys ~enjoyed~ this chapter and please don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me! I'm planning on starting to write a lot more frequently so stay tuned ;) thank ya lovelies, and remember that you are absolutely freaking drop dead gorgeous and amazing and you are loved.}

bye for now

•1,727 words•

*P.S. I have a little poll. do you guys want smut in here or not? please let me know because I don't really know either.*

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

130K 4.6K 47
Harley left Tennessee to stay with an 'old friend'. He ends up befriending Peter Parker. How will it go? Heads up: swearing (a lot of it). TW: i'll...
221K 6.4K 30
Peter Parker has stumbled into something he really shouldn't have. It was Ned's fault, well that was wrong it was actually Jameson's fault for only g...
305K 8.4K 17
Peter's life had finally been looking up. After being adopted and made Peter Stark two years prior and with a boyfriend of two years, Peter couldn't...
115K 4.4K 27
peter parker wants to be normal on a school trip, but being spiderman makes everything a little more complicated especially when the guy who likes hi...